StarCraft® II

Choosing Missions [POSSIBLE SPOILERS]

When you're first aboard the Hyperion, you're given the choice of going on two missions: humanitarian or profiteering. Are there any long-term effects to choosing one mission over the other? Will playing Raynor as opportunistic vs. righteous have any outcome on the game itself? Once I play one of the missions, can I go right back and play the other one, too?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
For the most part, yes you can go back and choose to do the other missions. I just finished up with the campaign (yea, I pulled an all nighter), and there are a few times where you are confronted with a situation in a side mission (ie, one that isn't necessary to complete the main storyline) in which you have to take a stand for one side or the other. You'll get different videos at the end of those short story arcs, and different bonuses.

None of your choices will have any consequence on how the main storyline will play out, though.
Reply Quote
Yes, you can play both of them. ("The Evacuation" and "Smash & Grab" - and they're both really fun) Smash & Grab is actually a mandatory mission, part of the storyline, I believe, because you're trying to get one of the Protoss artifacts.

I've gotten as far as the mission "Safe Haven" and it gives you a choice to fight with the Colonists or with the Protoss, and the choice is very clear that if you choose one path, the other path will not be available. I assume that further in the campaign, the choices are just as obvious.

Reply Quote
So for also like with Tosh or Nova, you can use the campaign archive in the same campaing file to do the alternate missions and get all the acheivemnts and see all the cut scenes? It doesn't change the main story arc?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]