StarCraft® II

Protoss Micro Tips

(Sticky)

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good hot key set up? My fingers get all tangled up with just the default settings. T^T SOS for noob...
Reply Quote
I use 1 for main army, 2 for spell casters or drops, 3 for robo or stargates, 4 i don't really use it (go figure) 5 for all nexus, 9 an 0 for observers!
Reply Quote
Id say bring a warp prism with your army for instant repop
Reply Quote
Thank you very much, i'm new to sc2 and this will help alot! ty!
Reply Quote
Haha I had no idea that storms don't stack. Doi...
Reply Quote
08/19/2012 10:52 PMPosted by Rolandtoke
Haha I had no idea that storms don't stack. Doi...

hahahhaha i was triple storming MMM terrans and lings until now thx 4 telling me that lol
Reply Quote
^ Ignoring the ignorant troll.

This is a nice guide.
Reply Quote
The best Protoss micro tip:

Switch to Zerg.

(Minimal micro required.)
Reply Quote
Good tips, i rush with 2 probes against terran when playing easier peoples and it helps with practicing control
Reply Quote
Against colossus, with the Protoss versus Protoss mainly focuses on put some immortals spread out in front. Also just for the format of the tips maybe once you get some more PvP tips make unit headers? Like against colo etc.
Reply Quote
Against colossus, with the Protoss versus Protoss mainly focuses on put some immortals spread out in front. Also just for the format of the tips maybe once you get some more PvP tips make unit headers? Like against colo etc.
Reply Quote
Sr about double post, thought the first one hadn't posted.
Reply Quote
I lol'ed when the title said protoss micro

This is my non biased, deep, insightfull thoughts about the protoss race.

Jk im just trolling, good thread
Reply Quote
very helpful,
Reply Quote
very nice tips, grats
Reply Quote
Hey guys thanks for the nice comments! As an update: I added a few tips to better reflect the current metagame. Check them out!

Update on me: I played for the sponsored team Area51 gaming (who unfortunately disbanded). I am currently the president of the Cornell University starcraft club as well as its captain. I also still try to play a decent amount every week (although I play on a smurf account to keep my opponents in the dark) I also managed to reach rank 3 in NA in 2v2 randoms a few seasons ago with a 70% win ratio. I currently play at a mid-high masters level in 1s because I have had to focus on school.
Edited by envyYaegz on 12/4/2012 12:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
06/14/2012 01:09 AMPosted by GLOBWARONTER
Does anyone have any suggestions for a good hot key set up? My fingers get all tangled up with just the default settings. T^T SOS for noob...

If you're still interested.

I use 1-2-3-4 for army (usually 3 army, 1 scout or proxy probe, 2 high templar or sentries, 4 colossus or mothership, but this changes depending on need for defense, and target firing).
5 for nex

6 gates, and then forges later
7 robo/stargate
8 robo/stargate
9/0 obs/ warp prisms.
Reply Quote
Lol i used my own micros and so far 30 wins straight or at least 30 and 1 lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]