StarCraft® II

Protoss Micro Tips

(Sticky)

ok added the suggestions of wheesnaw and jopirg.
5000 character limit ftl.
Reply Quote
'
Edited by Pinchy on 1/6/2011 9:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
"Zerg Micro Tips

attack+move

there that should suffice:) "

wow lol you obviously don't play high level zerg. Please play zerg against a collossi/stalker ball and try to attack-move. Or better yet against an MM siege tank army. Let me know what happens.
Edited by Pinchy on 1/6/2011 9:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
thanks man your tips will really help me with my army and such =D
Reply Quote
heard of a joke? the :) was meant to make it a non-threatening/non-serious tone that apparently you never caught onto.
Edited by yaegz on 1/6/2011 11:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/06/2011 11:32 PMPosted by yaegz
heard of a joke? the :) was meant to make it a non-threatening/non-serious tone that apparently you never caught onto.

or that your protoss eletism is too serious.

i find protoss easier to play then terran in some matchups what does that say?
Reply Quote
Posted by NakaNaide
[quote="null"]18270594605

or that your protoss eletism is too serious.

i find protoss easier to play then terran in some matchups what does that say?[/quote]
It means that Naka ur meant to be a brotoss ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Reply Quote
No one uses Phoenix PvT unless its against banshee push ><
Reply Quote
Nah I feel like sticking to my HT chargleot then this fancy build XD

I mean,u don make a stargate against terran for no reason lol.The investment>The Profit=Bad deal
Edited by Mycophobia on 1/7/2011 12:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
Void Ray push
Reply Quote
very good thread, I think that every high diamond tries to remember all of these, the guy that forgets the most is the one that loses usually
Edited by Stefoni on 1/7/2011 9:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
Sweet thread. This is the sort of stuff mid level players like me can be actively thinking about while grinding out games to get the macro practice.
Reply Quote
Very good advice, now i know why i'm not winning much... By the way, how do you micro the invisible protis snipe-
Reply Quote
General:

Hold your void rays charge by targeting your own units if moving a distance that you'll loose
your charge.

Morph Templar into Archons if out of energy or detected.

Que commands

Fly observers away from the main army and towards the back of the base; come in from the side if scouting.

Vs. Terran:

Probes early game are excellent harassers. Attack building SCVs; if an scv attacks you: leave once shields drop. Rinse repeat. Also block off Terran wall in by sending initial pylon building unit
Edited by Invictus on 1/7/2011 10:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
k added everything^ except the observer part because I don't have room for more characters: (
Reply Quote
Pfft, Zerg micro: attack+move lol...

Anyways, as a zerg, I do know about the ff on burrow. Yes, it does prevent unburrow, but if roaches have the move while burrow upgrade (or infestors who get the burrow move for free as long as all zerg know burrow), they simply go to the side and then unburrow.

Nice read though. :)

As for zerg micro, we have some things to remember. We can benefit from the moving injured units back, but we also need to consider balling up vs melee with ranged units, surrounding with melee vs ranged, moving blings til they die rather than a moving them into the nearest tank unit (also watching minimaps for burrowed bling crossover for hitting the x for explosion maximum dmg, and yes we do have auto-unburrow, but that generally has a lag, and thus causes less dmg), casting FGs, corruptions, transfuse. We also have quite a bit of macro-oriented-micro, such as creep tumor spreading, larva vomitting, and olord scouting. I'll agree that Protoss may have more micro due to the fact that they're more expensive and take up more supply and thus in order to maximize profits micro is more important, but yeah, we have to keep lings off to the side for rearending while roaches are at the front with hydras behind, and infestors trying to unburrow for that pivotal FG before reburrowing, etc. :P

Anywho, good thread though, but don't think you're the only race who has to micro, lol...
Reply Quote
Nice, productive thread
Reply Quote
not that i mind, but why would zerg and terran even be on this thread??? >.>
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]