StarCraft® II

"Open Tech Support" Chat Channel is now live.

- Technical Support
Hey a bunch of us have revived the old "Open Tech Support" on the new Starcraft 2 Chat Channels. Feel free to drop by if your looking for real time tech support. If your not sure who can help you than ask.

Just type in "Open Tech Support" into the chat channel finder. See you on :)
Reply Quote
This should really be a public channel, ;).
/sign
01/11/2011 12:44 PMPosted by Sixen
This should really be a public channel, ;).

+1

They are very helpful!
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
Ill be in Open Tech Support for about an hour. If anyone has a problem feel free to drop by :)
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
I will be in Open Tech Support for most of the next hour. Drop by if you need help.
Reply Quote
Edited by Bluesunlight on 1/12/2011 7:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
Bluesunlight did you stop by the chat channel?

Oh by the way guys if I dont respond immediately just leave the chat channel open. If im not in the chat channel than ive probably logged off for a while.
Reply Quote
Edited by Bluesunlight on 1/13/2011 9:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
Bluesunlight it would be much better if you could make a new thread for your issue. Be sure to include what your problem was.

I will be in the "Open Tech Support" Chat Channel for most of the next hour.
Edited by Archer on 1/13/2011 6:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
I will be in Open Tech Support for the next 1-2 hours if anyone needs help :)
Reply Quote
I can't install the game from the disk so I won't be able to log in to discuss the problem.

Brand new computer running windows 7. I insert the disk, click the install button and the application freezes.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

edit: After leaving it for a period of 5 minutes or so, a page called 'end users license agreement' came up but within the window was nothing but an error message stating unable to connect.

edit 2: After a second period of 5 minutes I received the message: 'The file "InstallCD\InstallerFileList\InstallerFileList.xml" in archive "D:\Installer UI 2.MPQE" could not be opened, because an error 2 occurred. If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (MPQFile::OpenFromArchive)'

I did see your post, thanks for response, will go through the steps included in that thread.
Edited by kkOOPP on 1/13/2011 10:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
kkOOPP make a thread and Ill check it out :)

In that new thread answer these questions and include the error messages your seeing
Youve tried the steps here?
Blizzard Downloader Troubleshooter
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/13501355
Have you tried digital download?
Edited by Archer on 1/13/2011 10:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
Pretty awesome Archer! +Liked (I'd +like more if I could..!)
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
Aragorn you should stop in and help some time.
Reply Quote
I will for sure. Got the click of death a few days ago :( but things should smooth out soon.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
Ill be in Open Tech Support channel for the next hour or so. Got a problem, stop by :)
Reply Quote
Hey archer just a reminder to look into my issue im having. Temps start at 60-70 at startup. I go on sc2 and they rise to 120-130
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
Hey, Mike, yah like we talked about last night it really appears your comp is overheating. See if you can get that friend to look at it. Best of luck.

Ill be in the Open Tech Support forum for the next hour or so. Come on Down!
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
If anyone needs help ill be in Open Tech Support for the next hour or so :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]