StarCraft® II

Choosing between Tosh and Nova.

No, this is not a thread asking if the Specter or Ghost is better.

I'm asking what impact will it have on the story? I usually like to play the good guy in games so I was thinking on selecting Nova,considering Tosh is planning on freeing psychopaths , but it said that she will not be helping me after the missing and that Tosh will.

What will happen if I chose Nova over Tosh?(or Vise-Versa)
Will I not be able to save Kerrigan? Or will I have a bad ending with Tosh attempting to kill me.

I would also like to keep the spoilers at a minimal if possible.

Reply Quote
The 'Psychopaths' aren't all in the prison for bad things. They were placed there because they defied Mengsk. All of your units are criminals anyways. I don't really see how you can designate the Dominion character as good since her prerogative is just as possibly bad as Tosh's, if not perceivably worse, before you find out the outcome of your choice.

Is it because Tosh is a shady violent person and Nova is a sweet civilized Dominion girl?
Edited by Alero on 1/17/2011 1:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
Either way, nothing bad happens. If you end up siding with Tosh, his Specters get evaluated by the doc, and she finds no psychotic traits, no big deal.

If you side with Nova, nothing really bad happens there either. Nova ends up spear-heading a mission to destroy Tosh's specter training base.

I didn't trust Nova, it seemed she was much closer to Mengsk than Tosh. As the old saying goes, the enemy of my enemy is my friend, I sided with Tosh.

Basically what the decision ends up being is missions after that, is choosing if you want Specters of Ghosts available, both ways, the story ends the same either way.
Reply Quote
The first time I went through, I chose strictly from the bro-code... bros before hoes... but everytime I've played since then, I picked her because I am usually down a few protoss points by that point.
Reply Quote
Thank you all for the replies.
Reply Quote
When in doubt, side with the hawt chic.
Reply Quote
I personally like ghosts better 'cause they have nukes, but I never played a Spectre. And tosh seemed really creepy and his hair looked like zerg hair, so I picked Nova.
Reply Quote
01/17/2011 12:31 PMPosted by CorrinSky
I personally like ghosts better 'cause they have nukes, but I never played a Spectre. And tosh seemed really creepy and his hair looked like zerg hair, so I picked Nova.

They both have nukes?
Reply Quote
Nothing bad happens either way.

If you side with Tosh he remains aboard the Hyperion and he pledges his spectres to aiding you in the fight against the Dominion. Doc Hanson reveals that the spectres are no more psychotic than anyone else in the galaxy, and a conversation with Swann reveals that Tosh trains his spectres well so that the sudden boost in psionic abilities doesn't drive them off the deep end. Tosh remains on the ship and is available for conversations and what not for the rest of the game.

If you side with Nova she sends you the equipment required to train and outfit ghosts. You shut down Tosh and his spectre training facility. Tosh no longer remains on the ship and you lose the abilitiy to converse with him and gain his insight into missions. Nova also does not join your crew and is never seen again, (ignoring the small appearance in the armory).
Reply Quote
They both have nukes. And also:
Nova: works for the Dominion
Tosh: a member of Raynor´s Raiders

Who´s the bad guy?
Reply Quote
It's generally unacceptable to side with a trained assassin that works for your enemy, she even admits to be willing to kill you if the moneys right >o> and you've known her for all of some minutes.
Reply Quote
I always sided with Tosh. so, what the harm? I likes their freakish Psi abilities to utterly blow people away. still, we all never knows when its come to Tosh planning to weather or not to assassination Raynor.
Reply Quote
01/17/2011 3:10 PMPosted by Akula
They both have nukes. And also:
Nova: works for the Dominion
Tosh: a member of Raynor´s Raiders

Who´s the bad guy?

But it's not like that would be the last time Jim works with a pretty little blond thing in league with the Dominion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SKFulryOJY
Reply Quote
Tosh might sound crazy etc , but hes a good guy. He helps , the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Nova was just a corruptive influence to use Raynor to get rid of Toash by Mensgk orders.

After completing the Tosh misson *Breakout* the cutsecene after the mission Matt Horner pulls up a files name of every prisonner they freed. Not only Psykoz but free thinkers ..all that spoke againts Mengsk tyrant rules!! So ask yourself. Was it worth it choosing Nova's side? Story wise I mean. No not really. And besides. When you visite the lad after. You talk to Ariel and she gives more proof that Nova lied about Tosh.

So..I couldnt be more clear hehe. C ya.
Reply Quote
What can I say Nova Looked better in the uniform then Tosh did. I thought about going back and getting Tosh as that one was cannon, but I didn't want to screw up my saves.
Edited by Dragan on 1/18/2011 1:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
Bros before hoes, choosing Nova would have done nothing and if ordered to kill Raynor in the future she would do it without a second thought. Tosh on the other hand sticks with you till the end and offers some interesting coversations, where as Nova just dissapears after you choose her. if you want some interesting conversations then choose Tosh. that and if you choose him nothing bad happens to you
Reply Quote
Psionic Lash+PermaCloak=1shot ravens in the Media Blitz mission.

Can't do that with Ghosts
Reply Quote
The way I see Nova's Mission, Is yes she is a Dominion Agent, and yes Tosh is an enemy of the Dominion, But that the spectres are a wild card Mengsk tried to control the same as the Zerg Protoss Hybrids. I went with the assumption she IS telling the truth, BUT she CAN be wrong.

If she is (wrong), then you get something as dangerous (to Mengsk) AS the Zerg Protoss Hybrids on your side.
Reply Quote
Also there's that scene with the voodoo doll.

Maybe she did know something about Tychus.
Reply Quote
I figured that siding with Nova would be better in the long-term.

Why?

Did you SEE what Nova did to Tosh? Damn.

I doubt Blizz is make that decision important later on, but you never know...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]