StarCraft® II

Choosing between Tosh and Nova.

Yeah, that and the fact that spectres is the next gen ghost. I mean look at all the ghost's history, Kerrigan and now nova (if we regardless hers gender). They are way too powerful too dangerous already. Think what would happen with a female spectres, I mean any rough spectres.
Reply Quote
bros before hoes
Reply Quote
After reviewing what Ghosts have and what spectres possess, I sided with Nova. Both have nukes but the ghosts I believe have the upgraded sight in the campaign and shoot at one additional measurement of distance (both upgradable). That psionic attack,....not my style.
Reply Quote
01/20/2011 9:58 PMPosted by Zephyr
I figured that siding with Nova would be better in the long-term.

Why?

Did you SEE what Nova did to Tosh? Damn.

I doubt Blizz is make that decision important later on, but you never know...

They won't. They've stated that siding with Tosh is cannon, just like siding with Dr. Hanson is cannon. Future games will assume those choices.
Reply Quote
Here's a thought, a lot of people (even Blizzard) points to Tosh being a "side" or aspect of Raynor's personality, (not in the litteral sense), and Tosh himself would taunt him (If you side against him) with how much they are alike.

Raynor's own crew have pointed out how much like Kerrigan, Nova is. (Incidentally Tosh and Nova were close, and if you side with Nova, she kills Tosh) Maybe this is a glimpse of Jim's future with Sarah?
Reply Quote
I completed the campaign on casual without needing to use Ghosts or Spectres.
Reply Quote
It's amazing how many people don't read the OP.

Anyways, I feel the OP's question has been answered.

I sided with Nova cause I don't like Tosh or his motivations. It's not that he's shady, but that he has his own agenda. As for what people are saying "bros before hos", I didn't feel he was my "bro", every other character felt more like a "bro" than him, actually, he felt like that guy who spends time in your house cause he gets to raid your refrigerator and you can't really kick him cause you owe him money. Nova on the other hand is with Mengsk, who may be a jerk but we all know his intentions. Worst case scenario she's doing something Mengsk wants, while we have no idea what Tosh's really up to. Best case scenario, she becomes useful against him down the road, with Tosh, best case scenario is he'll kill a whole lot of people, among whom there may be more bad people than good people.

In other words, siding with Nova has a smaller risk because we know better what are her intentions. I mean, she could be lying, but her plans clearly don't go far beyond "kill unwanted persons X and Y".

Personalitywise, I prefer a straight, loyal person who's with the wrong people than someone who will turn on anyone if the tides favor that, who happens to work with me in the present time.

Edit:

Oh! And Tychus didn't trust him. That' enough for me. For someone with little education he's right way too often, and he clearly preffers Nova.

Edit2: And yeah, there's also that she's hot, which is never something to dismiss.
Edited by Altrantis on 3/18/2011 11:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You're choosing between two trained assassins, and you're worried that Tosh is too shady? Get real. You break Tosh and his gang out, and they're on your side forever. Nova will be back for your head when Mengsk orders her to go retrieve it. How is this even a hard decision?

PS: Also, spectres dominate ghosts.
Reply Quote
Tosh offers interesting insights into events and people as they come along, but it's vague enough as to not give anything away. I suspect he knew that Hansen was working on the protoss/zerg hybridization project, and that's why she thought she could cure infestation. Those two blue biodomes in the Heavans Fall map still strike me as important for the story.
Reply Quote
03/19/2011 4:16 PMPosted by Goyathla
Tosh offers interesting insights into events and people as they come along, but it's vague enough as to not give anything away. I suspect he knew that Hansen was working on the protoss/zerg hybridization project, and that's why she thought she could cure infestation. Those two blue biodomes in the Heavans Fall map still strike me as important for the story.

At no time has there ever been any official statement that Hanson had anything to do with the Hybrid project.
Edited by UnNamedHero on 3/19/2011 5:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
On a second thought, if you like both characters you should still go with Tosh. Not only it's (apparently) cannon, but if you like them both you may look at their fates. If you choose Nova, Tosh dies horribly at her hands; while if you pick Tosh, Nova gets mildly upset. Yeah, it's not like it'll scar her for life, she'll be fine. She'll probably have it be wiped out of her memory as soon as she returns to the base anyways.
Reply Quote
03/19/2011 5:02 PMPosted by UnNamedHero

At no time has there ever been any official statement that Hanson had anything to do with the Hybrid project.

Whatever....

Her familiarity with zerg science and that her colony was being chased from world to world was just- hmm... coincidence, of course.
Reply Quote
01/21/2011 10:20 PMPosted by Stallion
bros before hoes

But he doesn't become your bro until you choose him. He's someone's bro, just not Jim's. This issue will come up again regarding Tychus.

Besides even if Jim doesn't express any interest in Nova, who's to say the reverse isn't true.
Reply Quote

Whatever....

Her familiarity with zerg science and that her colony was being chased from world to world was just- hmm... coincidence, of course.

She understood Zerg biology, because "At age six she was reading advanced chemistry notes, and at age eleven she had written a paper on mutagenic effects on the rare trabillia flower. She graduated from upper school two years early and was offered a scholarship at Tarsonis University."- Starcraft Wiki. Also, in the conversation with Raynor about the memory crystal, she states that Raynor knows more about the Zerg than "any experts I've read about". In other words, she is an expert in biological mutations, which is what the Zerg use to advance their own evolution - see Zerg tank in-game for the exact process - and has studied the works of other scientists who have done research about the Zerg.

Her colony was not "chased from world to world" by the Zerg. After the initial mission, the other two deal with colonists being infested and mutating into Zerg. There is no reference to the Zerg actually pursuing them after Agria.

Knowledge debunks supposed coincidence. You might want to try looking things up before you post anything.
Edited by UnNamedHero on 3/19/2011 8:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote

they must have pursued them to ahven though, othwise how are there Zerg structure and units everywhere?

No they didn't. Neither Raynor nor the Protoss say anything about Zerg forces. Only "infestation", the process of a human turning into a Zerg. The genetic coding for every Zerg unit and Building is coded into their DNA allowing the Zerg to mutate into any unit or building they want. Since the infestation replaces human DNA with Zerg DNA, ultimately there would be only Zerg DNA, a full conversion. This is different than Hybridization, where the Human and Zerg DNA is blended together, as it is with Sarah.
Reply Quote
I played through the campaign a few times & only once chose Tosh over Nova but I feel as though Spectres are the better choice overall.
Reply Quote

Whatever....

realistically, its impossible
1. in one branch hansel is dead so she wont be making anymore apearances
2. if she knew something about Hybrids, she would ahve told Raynor she owes him to much not to

also, why are people so paranoid about the fish tanks?

Realistically, whatever her role it was already done before she's picked up by Raynor. And you assume she was honest, when Tosh flat out said she's withholding something from Raynor about why her colonies keep getting invaded.

Rerun that part with Tosh along adn check.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]