StarCraft® II

Choosing between Tosh and Nova.

Realistically, whatever her role it was already done before she's picked up by Raynor. And you assume she was honest, when Tosh flat out said she's withholding something from Raynor about why her colonies keep getting invaded.

Rerun that part with Tosh along adn check.

She was hiding the fact that she was infested. Reread Blizzard's official statements about her character and check. She had nothing to do with the Hybrid project before, during, or after meeting Raynor.
Reply Quote
She was hiding the fact that she was infested. Reread Blizzard's official statements about her character and check. She had nothing to do with the Hybrid project before, during, or after meeting Raynor.

Okay, I'll have to assume you weren't paying attention. She infected herself during the Heavan's Fall mission [having locked herself in the lab] to see if her cure she'd been developing worked. Plus, simply being infected doesn't cause her and her whole colony to be a magnet for repeated zerg invasions. She was on the hybrid project, and the only question is whether she herself knew it.
Reply Quote

Okay, I'll have to assume you weren't paying attention. She infected herself during the Heavan's Fall mission [having locked herself in the lab] to see if her cure she'd been developing worked. Plus, simply being infected doesn't cause her and her whole colony to be a magnet for repeated zerg invasions. She was on the hybrid project, and the only question is whether she herself knew it.

I'll have to assume that YOU weren't paying attention. She locked herself in the lab, but at NO TIME does the game ever state that she infected herself. In fact, the official statement is that "Hanson was displeased, stormed off Hyperion's bridge, and locked herself in the laboratory. She was already infested secretly. When the Raiders were finished purging Haven, 99.3% of her DNA was zerg. Hanson taunted Raynor, and he was forced to kill her."

And again
03/19/2011 5:02 PMPosted by UnNamedHero
At no time has there ever been any official statement that Hanson had anything to do with the Hybrid project.

You're just making crap up at this point.
Reply Quote

I'll have to assume that YOU weren't paying attention. She locked herself in the lab, but at NO TIME does the game ever state that she infected herself. In fact, the official statement is that "Hanson was displeased, stormed off Hyperion's bridge, and locked herself in the laboratory. She was already infested secretly. When the Raiders were finished purging Haven, 99.3% of her DNA was zerg. Hanson taunted Raynor, and he was forced to kill her."

And again
03/19/2011 5:02 PMPosted by UnNamedHero
At no time has there ever been any official statement that Hanson had anything to do with the Hybrid project.

You're just making crap up at this point.

Then how did she cure her infestation if it was in her best interest to stay infested? (provided you side with hanson against the protoss) (if she is infested her zerg part of her would want to stay infested)
Reply Quote

Then how did she cure her infestation if it was in her best interest to stay infested? (provided you side with hanson against the protoss) (if she is infested her zerg part of her would want to stay infested)

When did she ever create this cure? She always stated that she was working on one, but we never see it. She only became adamant that she could make it when Selendis threatened to wipe out anyone who was infested, and thus, kill her too.
Reply Quote
03/22/2011 3:09 PMPosted by UnNamedHero
She was already infested secretly. When the Raiders were finished purging Haven, 99.3% of her DNA was zerg. Hanson taunted Raynor, and he was forced to kill her."

Ok, I need clarification on something here.
If she was infested secretly prior to Haven's Fall, then she was obviously infested secretly prior to Safe Haven!
If she was 99.3% zerg by the time the Haven's fall mission was completed, then she should have been 99.3% zerg by the time the Safe Haven mission was completed, since roughly an equal amount of time passes.
This would have made the kiss she gives Jimmy a little awkward, no?
Reply Quote

oh come on, seriously?
she infested herself to test her antidotes, just like in spiderman 1 the green goblin infects himself to test it

she had no test subjects, and only conclusive proof it works would make Jim stop

There is absolutely ZERO verifiable information to prove this. Go ahead. Show it to me. You can't. You know why? Because it doesn't exist. You can live in the world of make believe all you want, but real world people deal in verifiable FACTS of which you have none.

Next you're going to tell me that you have 100% proof that Tychus is dead.
Edited by UnNamedHero on 3/22/2011 7:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/22/2011 7:55 PMPosted by Daggoth
so, if Hanson was infected on Agria, why did it take so long for symptoms to show?

Better question - why did she only turn after Haven's Fall and not after Safe Haven? This was actually the point of my earlier post. She was human after Safe Haven ( the cinematic proves it ) but zerg after Haven's Fall ( the cinematic proves that ).

You can't have it both ways. If she was infected before she boarded the Hyperion, then she would have turned zerg no matter which mission choice Jim made. But she only turned after locking herself in the lab during the Haven's Fall choice. She obviously did it to herself, unless there was someone else hiding in the lab who secretly spiked her drink .. Hmmm ....
Reply Quote
03/22/2011 9:04 AMPosted by Daggoth

if she didnt even know then she wasnt on it -.-
just because you use someones research doesnt make them part of a project

Maybe you should read up on the Manhattan Project. Most of the top brains in physics on the program had no idea they were developing a weapon.
Reply Quote

Maybe you should read up on the Manhattan Project. Most of the top brains in physics on the program had no idea they were developing a weapon.

but did the USA jsut sneak into there labs and steal research and use it to make a nuke, or did they ask them to work on something and asked for there research?

As I said above, read up on it. They were brought in to work on parts of the program without being told what those aspects were being used for. No stealing of research, just hustling them out to one of 121 facilities around the country and tell them they need X to do Y and don't ask so many pesky questions.
Reply Quote
First: I find it funny that a thread about Tosh and Nova turned into an argument about Hanson and her infection.

I personally choose Nova most of the time, not because I prefer the character or ghosts to Tosh and his specters. I feel I owe it to StarCraft:Ghost.

R.I.P
Reply Quote

Raynor put a bullet, in HIS HEAD
you dont survive getting SHOT IN THE HEAD
blizzard confimred, he was SHOT IN THE HEAD
in case you missed it, HE WAS SHOT IN THE HEAD

When was he shot in the head? All you see is Raynor deflecting Tychus' shot with his armor, spin around, close up on Raynor, and see Raynor pull the trigger. At no time do you ever SEE Tychus actually get shot in the head. You never even see him get hit. 1st rule of storytelling: If there ain't no body then there ain't nobody dead.
Edited by UnNamedHero on 3/23/2011 9:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]