StarCraft® II

Choosing between Tosh and Nova.

I already did. That's why you're flailing desperately for any and every pathetic excuse you can concoct.

Your assumptions are not the same as verification. Try again.
Reply Quote

I already did. That's why you're flailing desperately for any and every pathetic excuse you can concoct.

Your assumptions are not the same as verification. Try again.

You've been proven wrong. Just get past it and move on. No one else rallied to back you up because they also realize you're wrong.
Reply Quote

You've been proven wrong. Just get past it and move on. No one else rallied to back you up because they also realize you're wrong.

You're right. There's obviously an infinite amount of evidence that Hanson was on the Hybrid project. I mean the game tells you like 100 times. In fact, she was actually the head director of the project. If Jim hadn't killed her, she would have become a Hybrid even. Instead, we're stuck with Tychus coming back as a human/zerg/protoss hybrid/god that will rule over all of creation in Hanson's stead.
Edited by UnNamedHero on 3/27/2011 9:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
look at tosh's hair and pupiless eyes. How can you not go for that?

Reply Quote

and how do you feel about helping Mengsk by picking Nova?
how do you feel about leaving all the free-thinkers wronglfully arerested in prison?

How do you feel about helping someone who has no problem destroying civilian residential areas, killing countless innocents, just so he can take out a weapons plant?

I'm assuming you disapproved of the Hiroshima bombing as well? Because that was about the same thing, and it still saved more lives (over a potential invasion) than it ended.

And considering that the weapons manufactured there were like as not to be put to use subjugating more people and prolonging a corrupt and ineffective dictatorship, I'd wonder if maybe it's not a net good that the Nephor II plant was destroyed.
Reply Quote

I'm assuming you disapproved of the Hiroshima bombing as well? Because that was about the same thing, and it still saved more lives (over a potential invasion) than it ended.

Yes I do disapprove. Firstly, there is no way to even know how many lives would have been lost during an invasion. Some estimates are were as low as 70,000 Allied, while the Joint Chiefs placed it at 267,000. William Shockley (scientist, not military) was the only to even BOTHER to calculate potential Japanese casualties (showing the arrogant idea that American lives are inherently more valuable than others and that Japanese were "a nameless mass of vermin" -Gordon Martel, "The World War Two reader" p.231 ).

Secondly, Hiroshima was NOT the only bombing. Before that, residential areas in Tokyo were DIRECTLY targeted by American bombers for almost a year. The March 9-10 raid was the most destructive, killing over 100,000 (more killed than the direct losses from Hiroshima or Nagasaki individually) civilians and wounding 1 million more. The two bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki killed 150,000 directly, with 96,000 related deaths in the days that followed. Not only do these numbers already exceed the Joint Chiefs estimates, but 7 more bombings were already planed and were to be carried out until Japan surrendered. There was even much debate in the War Department about holding off until all 7 bombs were ready, then using them all in rapid succession.

Thirdly, not only was the bombing NOT the reason for Japans capitulation, it wasn't even necessary. On the morning of the Nagasaki bombing, Emperor Hirohito ordered his top advisor, Koichi Kido, to "quickly gain control of the situation ... because the Soviet Union has declared war against us." The Soviets conquered Manchukuo, Mengjiang (Inner Mongolia), northern Korea, southern Sakhalin, and the Kuril Islands in rapid succession, cutting Japan off from it's captured territories. This invasion was planned out months before atomic bombs began being dropped, and, combined with Germany's surrender, leading to all allied forces being converged on Japan, the total anihalation of Japan's navy, and the naval blockade already in place, left Japan cut off from the resources it desperately needed to continue the war and would have ended in their surrender anyways. Japan was on the verge of surrender BEFORE the bombs were dropped. Their only concern was that Kokutai (sovereignty) needed to be preserved during a surrender.

In his declaration of surrender to the world, Hirohito referred to the atomic bombings:
"Moreover, the enemy now possesses a new and terrible weapon with the power to destroy many innocent lives and do incalculable damage. Should we continue to fight, not only would it result in an ultimate collapse and obliteration of the Japanese nation, but also it would lead to the total extinction of human civilization."
However, in his "Rescript to the soldiers and sailors" delivered on August 17, he stressed the impact of the Soviet invasion and his decision to surrender, omitting any mention of the bombs. In Japan's eyes, the Soviets entering the war was the reason for the surrender, not the bombs.
Edited by UnNamedHero on 4/1/2011 9:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Well, i chose Nova because she talked more rational than Tosh did
she said he was freeing psicomaniacs, and they would kill more inocent people (or atleast i got that idea), he said they would fight with him against the dominion (such a poor excuse IMO, thinking about it, he sounded kinda like mengsk wanting to win, even if he had to leave Tarsonis to the zerg).
Reply Quote
Chose Tosh. Since "I am Raynor", I'd pick Tosh over Nova, a Ghost working for Mengsk. Also, like it has been said, amongst the prisioners are politicians, scientists, etc. that were only imprisioned for opposing the Dominion.

If you notice, Tosh gets way more friendly and honestly joins your cause after this, even foretelling Tychus' treason, unlike Nova.

Also, bros before hos.
Reply Quote
You would do well to read up on the history of covert operations, intelligence work and secret projects. You'll be stunned how common my description of the Hansen plot is [minus the whole alien invasion thing].

right, becuase in most covert ops, the scientist hates the people there working for with a burning passion and spends all her time working on making agria safer

Like I said, you need to read a lot on this subject because you clearly don't have a clue.
Reply Quote

And considering that the weapons manufactured there were like as not to be put to use subjugating more people and prolonging a corrupt and ineffective dictatorship, I'd wonder if maybe it's not a net good that the Nephor II plant was destroyed.

Most weapons programs and other military contracts today involve scientists and other PhD educated experts, the VAST majority of whom are civilians and who really don't mind the work because it's free lunch and whether the program is needed or not never factors into it.
Reply Quote

oh come on, seriously?
she infested herself to test her antidotes, just like in spiderman 1 the green goblin infects himself to test it

she had no test subjects, and only conclusive proof it works would make Jim stop

There is absolutely ZERO verifiable information to prove this. Go ahead. Show it to me. You can't. You know why? Because it doesn't exist. You can live in the world of make believe all you want, but real world people deal in verifiable FACTS of which you have none.

Next you're going to tell me that you have 100% proof that Tychus is dead.

Yes he is according to Blizzard.

If u complete the liberty campaign and click the Single Player button to see the campaign status where it lists # of missions completed and achievement %, Blizzard sums up the story:

"Wings of Liberty Completed!

The zerg invasion has been stopped, and the Queen of Blades has been restored... yadda yadda... But the victory has come at a heavy cost: Tychus Findlay is dead, and Arcturus Mengsk remains secure on his throne."

Get off your high horse, its just a fictional story in a video game.
Edited by Baconling on 4/3/2011 4:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Yes he is according to Blizzard.

I guess you missed the long discussion a while back about how so many people Blizzard said were "dead" ended up coming back. They have no credibility in this department. Seriously, their coroner skills SUCK.
Reply Quote
If you like to play the good guy in games, siding with an assassin sent by your arch-enemy who is 90% going to lie to you is probably not the best idea.
Reply Quote
Hum....why did a post about taking hot smexy Nova chick or Gansta rappa Tosh turned into a hate-hate flame war about story and whatevar? I liked ghosts in generals and a feeling of nostalgia from SC1 so i took smexy blondie. Story wise through, Tosh seems like the worst part. If you went and destroyed his base you see all the stuff you had collected for him on previous missions, obviously he didnt told you what he was gonna use it for. To me it seems like he hid that on purpose, I mean there's something odd about him...something off. Nova on the other hand do seems like she is acting on her own, not under any orders and that confirms that her free will works over the orders of Mengsk or else she would have killed Raynor when she had the chance.

PS did you ntocied that if you take Nova, in your armory she appears? Yeah clic the ghost's gun and after about....30 secs waiting she will decloak, look at your screen (wink? not sure) and then cloak back on. Funneh ^^

PSS. She's hawt...hos befores gangsta rappa bros cause <<...they dont have bewbs
Reply Quote

but he was shot in the head

And again, you never even see him getting shot, so you can't say with any certainty that he was shot in the head.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]