StarCraft® II

[Nexus Wars] - Changelog and Suggestions

[BUG] Please change it so that Terran buildings no longer 'Burn down'.

Also, I noticed that trying to repair some protoss buildings was very slow.
There is a strategy I've now discovered that I think should be nerfed. Two players simply massed Queens and it was impossible to defeat, because the Queens healed each other nearly indefinitely. I think the amount of energy the queens have and/or power of the heal should be reduced to correct this.
There is a strategy I've now discovered that I think should be nerfed. Two players simply massed Queens and it was impossible to defeat, because the Queens healed each other nearly indefinitely. I think the amount of energy the queens have and/or power of the heal should be reduced to correct this.

Currently the heal is 100 health with a 25 second cooldown, this is 4 HPS. the medivac I believe is 3hps (ladder stats), but doesn't have a cooldown so is better for healing many different units that are slightly weakened. I personally would rather see Medivacs heal changed to 5 HPS or even better copy over the "Double heal beam" upgrade from the campaign.

EDIT: I just tried out a Roach into Queen build, turns out the Queen's Transfuse's cooldown doesn't exist, and they just spam heal. this means given the queens mana regens at 3 per second, their transfusion can have a sustained potential HPS of 5.88 HPS, not counting the possible initial build up of mana from the walk over.

It should also be noted that if a queen will cast her heal even if the target doesn't need the full 100 HP, this can lead to some serious over healing. Maybe we can enable the cooldown make it 10 seconds and have the heal be 40 HP, and mana cost at 20?

Edited by Favahjin on 8/5/2010 10:35 PM PDT
It might just be me, but I feel like the game is too much letting units clog up and wipe out everything in their path rather than picking the right units, it's more if you have enough random units and a mob builds up, you'll wipe out anything in the way until they reach the opponent's side. The one side nukes, has their units build into a mob, and then the other team nukes and so on. Whoever has to nuke first loses.
I find the game kinda boring in that sense, I'd rather it be more about picking the right type of units.
Is it just me or does everyone that is joining Nexus Wars have no idea what they are doing... Bad players and disconnecting makes the game not that enjoyable. Battle.net 2.0 is the worst.
How does new people playing the game have anything to do with Battle.net other than the fact there's probably more new people than if it wasn't B.net? That's not really a bad thing...

And to the guy who said I posted with no intelligence: More units on the screen at once means more lag. Even if the total amount is the same. So I guess I don't lose? I dunno, I'm just going by common sense and what I've heard developers like Blizzard say.

I wish I had a suggestions for Zerglings. Like maybe lasers. But I can't think of how to realistically fix them...
Edited by Xeddicus on 8/6/2010 3:11 AM PDT
Suggestion::

1.) Your number ONE priority should be to make a 2v2 version. Many of us have atleast a couple friends to play around with but getting 4 together is hard and not very fun because you'll stomp the competition far to easy :P

2.) Nurf madbao mass. There is like next to nothing that can stop it aside from a late game nuke to a major high tech push.

3.) Zerg invisible unit attacks far to slow and does wayyyyy to little damage.

4.) Infestors need a little more survivability, they die so fast @.@

Its late and i'm tired, can't think of much, just stuff off top of my head. But PLEASE MAKE A 2V2
Suggestion::

1.) Your number ONE priority should be to make a 2v2 version. Many of us have atleast a couple friends to play around with but getting 4 together is hard and not very fun because you'll stomp the competition far to easy :P

2.) Nurf madbao mass. There is like next to nothing that can stop it aside from a late game nuke to a major high tech push.

3.) Zerg invisible unit attacks far to slow and does wayyyyy to little damage.

4.) Infestors need a little more survivability, they die so fast @.@

Its late and i'm tired, can't think of much, just stuff off top of my head. But PLEASE MAKE A 2V2

Can't you just make a private custom game, invite your friends, and then only use 1 of the lanes?
Is it just me or does everyone that is joining Nexus Wars have no idea what they are doing... Bad players and disconnecting makes the game not that enjoyable. Battle.net 2.0 is the worst.

Lol the game just came out of course a lot of people are going to be playing it for the first time.
Could we PLEASE vote or reduce food cap. SC2 is a game about units and counter units, not massively build everything and mob it up.

How about something where you need to make the correct counters? Like have an option on buildings to stop making units to save food cap.

Imagine if the fights came down to like Siege tanks and thors vs. Ultras and Mutas. Instead of seige tank + thors + worthless units vs. Ultra + mutas + worthless units
Could we PLEASE vote or reduce food cap. SC2 is a game about units and counter units, not massively build everything and mob it up.

How about something where you need to make the correct counters? Like have an option on buildings to stop making units to save food cap.

Imagine if the fights came down to like Siege tanks and thors vs. Ultras and Mutas. Instead of seige tank + thors + worthless units vs. Ultra + mutas + worthless units

You can salvage buildings...And you generally do need to make the correct counters. Granted once a ball gets going it can be made up of anything, but getting to that point requires your units not getting killed by using the correct ones. And hot tip: Zerglings are never the right counter to anything.

Also, he did cut the supply count down a lot at some point.
Edited by Xeddicus on 8/6/2010 12:11 PM PDT
I'd like to see something like the castle fight in WC3. Where buildings can upgrade into stronger same type units. For instance: Zergling upgrades to Zerkling (or whatever) does 4 more melee and 60 more hp with a chance to proc an attack speed bonus. cost 100 minerals
Edited by Vary on 8/6/2010 12:18 PM PDT
Careful with adding stuff I say. Part of the charm of Nexus Wars is it's relatively straight forward. Build X building for Y unit, maybe an upgrade. If we start having every building have 3 levels of units it starts getting bogged down. Just my take, though.
I started playing this map from all the way back during Phase 1 of SC2 beta.

I have just thing to say: stop nerfing all the good builds into the ground!

You nerfed mass marine/reaper into oblivion because people kept losing to it. There were easy counters for mass marine: TEMPLARS and GHOSTS. But since you nerfed marines, templars and ghosts became too strong in comparison, so you nerfed that too! It used to be that a few templars could hold back a mass ground infantry/zerg push (like they're supposed to); now templars are useless as heck because their storm takes almost a whole minute to cool down. Templars are worthless now.

Ever since you nerfed marines, *Roaches* have become supereffective at killing marines. Roaches don't directly hard-counter marines, but because the marines have been weakened so hard, Roaches become a very powerful pushing unit in the early game. Many times I have seen a player build one Zergling, then save up for Roach, and then start massing roaches. If marines weren't nerfed so painfully hard, mass roach wouldn't be so overpoweringly effective. It's easier to save for a Roach than to save for a Marauder. Terran tech-tree players need marines to be at regular strength to fight roaches while saving for Marauder.

Ghosts used to be a good answer to mass baneling and mass biological in general, but you nerfed the Snipe ability into the ground. 30 damage for a Snipe? That doesn't kill anything. It used to take 1 snipe to kill a zergling, baneling, or marine. Now it takes 2 snipes. Now you need double the number of ghosts to counter mass baneling/biological.

Reapers used to be quite overpowered when you got a lot of them, because of their high anti-building damage and high anti-light damage. In the old days, one reaper could take on 2 marines and win with a tiny bit of health left. You could use reapers to counter marines. Now, ever since you nerfed the reaper's damage, marines kill reapers with ease. The reaper's D-8 charges got nerfed waaaayyy too far, from 30 to 12. Should have been lowered to 20 at the most.

People complained about losing to massed X, so you nerfed X. And then people complained about Y countering X, so you nerfed Y. Now both X and Y suck. If a player is massing a low-tier unit in this game, they're doing it wrong. Just like in Starcraft 2 ladder multiplayer, a balanced army is key. So please stop listening to people who loudly complain about being destroyed by mass X. They should have learned to build Y to counter X. Stop nerfing masses and stop nerfing their counters. Counters are supposed to...*gasp* counter! Stop nerfing them to the point where they no longer counter what they're supposed to counter!

For some reason, killing banelings yields no bounty. That is patently unfair, as a player can mass baneling to kill marines (or anything) and earn bounty for kills, but the opponent gets nothing for killing any banelings. This really needs to be fixed.

Also, you really need to fix the Zeratul bug. It has splash damage that will kill even the invulnerable SCV. If Zeratul kills the SCV of a player who left the game, that player's SCV does not respawn. When a player leaves, you really need the leaver's SCV to build an army to keep your team alive.

People love to sneak Zeratul into a base to snipe the Nexus. In the end stages, no one can afford the supply for a cannon to detect Zeratul. How about making a non-invisible hero for the Protoss instead. A big Stalker maybe. Or a heroic Carrier.

You can salvage buildings...And you generally do need to make the correct counters. Granted once a ball gets going it can be made up of anything, but getting to that point requires your units not getting killed by using the correct ones. And hot tip: Zerglings are never the right counter to anything.

Also, he did cut the supply count down a lot at some point.
Mass cracklings (+speed) really help when they tend to surround any units trying to create a ball.

How does new people playing the game have anything to do with Battle.net other than the fact there's probably more new people than if it wasn't B.net? That's not really a bad thing...

And to the guy who said I posted with no intelligence: More units on the screen at once means more lag. Even if the total amount is the same. So I guess I don't lose? I dunno, I'm just going by common sense and what I've heard developers like Blizzard say.

I wish I had a suggestions for Zerglings. Like maybe lasers. But I can't think of how to realistically fix them...
The more units on the map, the more lag there is regardless of if you can see them. It also has to do with the creator looping through all the units and telling them to attack. That's bad. He could at least try to set stacked orders only once, or only select units in a region, not the whole map.
high templars i think are almost the same. before they had 1.5 mana regen per second and psi storm costs 75 mana. which would be 1 psi storm every 50 seconds. i should probably reduce the cooldown on psi storm though.

the reason for the reaper d8 charge nerf in the map a long time ago was because if they were massed they would kill structures way too fast. the armored attribute for structures willl also be removed in the next patch so units that do more damage to armored would not kill strucures as easily. i also increased the attack range of reapers from 4.5 to 5.2 so i decreased the amount of damage they did to light armor from +5 to +3. i suck at balancing so i don't know if that's good or not. and they detect cloaked units.

marines weren't nerfed that much i don't think. they had their attack range slightly reduced but that's about it. roaches were always strong but just no one likes to go zerg.

zeratul being able to kill invulnerable units like the scv is because i forgot to set the filter to not attack invulnerable units which will be fixed lol.

queen's transfusion will have its 25 second cooldown added to it.
Edited by lilman on 8/6/2010 4:24 PM PDT
This map is awesome, but in some games it's just endless. Can we get "Modes", easy to add, changes gameplay, adds variety. Also for those of us who want to play quick games, it's a good addition.

Also, instead of after an hour, ramping up damage to 300%, you just do it incrementally in 10 minutes. Really? You think an hour is a really long game? Try 30-40 minutes. It gets lagtastic and it's annoying.

I read above. Fog of War is a good idea, should be an option before the start of the game.

Do work.

ooh i forgot about the food for the new units lol. it's fixed now.
Really? That's sad.

Thanks for the support on Fog of War man. I really think its essential to the longevity of this game. Fog of War only makes it more competitive. Really hope you guys can get this added. This game has always been my fav in WC3 and starcraft. Love it. Thanks guys
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]