StarCraft® II

Dual Monitors

Hey all,

Not sure if this is in the right section but I think so. I'm wondering if the game has dual monitor support, I have a 20" screen set up right now and I have an 18.5" that I only use for testing other PC's. I haven't actually tried anything yet but I'm wondering if anyone else has tried it or if it even works.

Thanks!!
Reply Quote
How would you possibly expect that to work with regard to gameplay? The field of view is already limited for pretty obvious balance reasons.
Reply Quote
Ive tried nothing and im alllll outta ideas! :P jkjk
Reply Quote
Are you asking if the game can be spanned across the two monitors?
Reply Quote
I'm not suggesting SC2 does this, but Supreme Commander had pretty sweet dual monitor support.
Reply Quote
I'm not suggesting SC2 does this, but Supreme Commander had pretty sweet dual monitor support.

SupCom and WiC both did! I'd love if I could use multiple monitors in SC2 to monitor multiple fronts, but I can understand why they would want to restrict that.
Reply Quote
Yeah just a curious question if it could be spanned over 2 monitors.
Reply Quote
All you have to do to test is this:

Set the game to Window Mode (If you can)

Then click and drag it so it spans the 2 monitors.

Or go into your Graphics Card control panel, and set it so that the 2 monitors are perceived as one monitor.
Reply Quote

Or go into your Graphics Card control panel, and set it so that the 2 monitors are perceived as one monitor.

Hm indeed, I will test this when I get home. Sadly, I'm at work again :(
Reply Quote

Hm indeed, I will test this when I get home. Sadly, I'm at work again :(

I'm fairly sure Windowed mode has set resolutions and cannot be dragged.
Reply Quote
Even if you could stretch the game over two monitors it would not give you any advantage as the field of view is restricted. All that would happen would be that your units would be horizontally stretched and look really fat.
Reply Quote
The ideal would be what Supreme Commander did. The 2nd Monitor had the Mini map. You could also zoom in on that mini map to the ground and have two distinct areas of control.

Star Craft doesn't support this though. Zooming is not as full featured as Supreme Commander.

Also, when I did this with Supreme Command, it was smooth for the most part, especially if i was just showing the mini map on the 2nd monitor. Zooming in all the way was resource intensive and worked ok for a little bit, but wouldn't want to run that way for a long while. Was nice for quick assessments though.

Reply Quote
Definitely no dual monitor support. I use my second monitor for other things while I play (performance monitor, etc.)
Reply Quote
supcom was an amazing game...
Reply Quote
Yeah, dual monitor setup doesn't work... I was hoping hardcore for a supcom style setup, big control screen/info screen on my off monitor, and main screen for actual combat display and such...

I am having some problems in Fullscreen mode, whenever my cursor moves towards the second monitor (say for mouse drag of map), it ends up on the opposite side of the main monitor, instead of mousedragging, it basically "teleports" my cursor to the other side of the screen.

At first I didn't have this issue, then I changed some monitor settings and it started. Any ideas?
Reply Quote
easiest thing to do is turn off your second monitor in the graphics card. if your cards are linked you can run single monitor off multiple cards for graphics boost.
but sorry, no idea why you are aliasing to the opposite side.
Reply Quote
Good idea bud, I forgot I could disable it at will.. at least, I think I can... I don't generally like to because it acts a little funny when I put it back... wigs out and tries to murder my mother and such...
Reply Quote
It would be awesome if we could have a blown up mini-map on the second monitor.
Reply Quote
Its too bad you cant throw the minimap up on the second monitor... still an amazing game!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]