StarCraft® II

Starcraft turning on my webcam

This is a little bit of a weird question and the answer is probably dont worry about it - but so i have a MS HD Cinema webcam and when in use it has a little blue light on the front that turns on. When i play starcraft II it shows this light is turned on like its streaming video. Is there some camera in the game that would cause this?
Reply Quote
I think it turns on the webcam to access its mic, since sc2 has built-in voice chat. Best way is turn the webcam to the wall so you won't be peeped. JKJK, maybe disable the voice chart would do that? Or change the mic input to your normal mic line. Try something like that in the setting and see.

GLHF
Reply Quote
This is still an issue.

Any chance we can get an option to disable webcams before HOTS is released? I'm sick of the light from my webcam distracting me while I play. I have to move it every time I load up SC2.
Reply Quote
Same problem here.
Reply Quote
Same problem here - webcam comes on during SC2 play. I had voice chat turned off in game (even with greyed defaults set to something other than the webcam which seemed to work one time only) and still saw the light next time I played.

I fixed this by going into Options\Voice and temporarily enabling Voice Chat and then changing the "Provider" to something other than DirectSound (I used FMod) and it seems to be resolved itself for several reboots now.

It seems a lot of people have complained about this - if this fix works then it would have been nice if it had come from Blizzard... just sayin...
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
What kind of webcam do you have, Jobba?

Can you post some computer information from the Direct X Diagnostic Tool (dxdiag)?

After you've created the dxdiag report file, open it up, and copy and paste everything, except after this section:
------------------
DirectShow Filters
------------------

After you paste everything into a post, highlight everything, and hit the "pre" button (It says "Code Blocks" when you hover your mouse over it). That'll make the information much more readable.

Rate me! https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Velnrak

"One of the more unique traits of the Overlords is the ability to liquefy their own internal organs to produce creep..." http://bit.ly/1k9UMyP
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]