StarCraft® II

sorry the installer was unable to start up.

I am getting the message "Sorry the installer was unable to start up. You may be out of hard drive space."

I have just put windows 7 professional, fresh format on my computer...
i5 processory, nvidia graphics card, 1tb hdd, asus mobo, etc.

i have downloaded the installation files from the disc on to my pc, same message. I have tried the downloaded version. I have tried deleting my temp folders, I have tried the disc files, and the CD both in safe mode (Networking).

I have tried everything I can think of, I have searched forums... (mostly this message has come up with WoW or wc3).

I am at a loss, I have troubleshooted this from every angle and still to no avail. I am currently playing on my laptop that runs at a cool 900 degrees.

But if someone knows the way around this message, I am all ears. I have spent probably around 10 hours troubleshooting this since midnight release.

Fan of the games blizzard, but the support is meh. I have tried calling 3 different times, (call que was full twice, third time i was on hold for 40 minutes then hung up)

I have tried emailing, still have yet to get anything but an automated response. Can anyone help me on the forums....

TLDR.... " Sorry the installer was unable to start up. You may be out of hard drive space." Wat do.
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
yeah... im just gonna keep this on page 1 for as long as i can.
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Hello Darklest,

Can you try installing under a different User Account in Windows?

• From the Start menu, select Control Panel.

• Double-click User Accounts, and then click Manage User Accounts.

• Click Create new account. Enter a name for the account, and then click Next.

• Click Computer administrator, and then click Create Account.
Reply Quote
Done. Same error message on new user account with the admin privs. Tried to run installer as administrator as well under that account as well.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
I have just put windows 7 professional, fresh format on my computer...

Did you get all the Windows updates afterwards?

I am currently playing on my laptop that runs at a cool 900 degrees.

You may end up having to just copy the StarCraft folder from your laptop.
Reply Quote
Yeah I have done all the updates, Because I know I was going to try on XP as well, and it required SP3.

If i map a network drive, is it easy as drag and drop?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Yep, drag it over, or copy and paste.
Reply Quote
Alright let me see if I can make this happen, I'll let you know of the results.
Reply Quote
OK David, that worked, moving the whole folder seemed to WORKAROUND this issue.

Thanks.

Although I dont think this is a fix, I do think I can play starcraft II on my nice beefy desktop.

=) which will have to wait till tonight. Off to work.

Again, Thanks David for the help.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]