StarCraft® II

Please Help NO SOUND AT ALL

Hey, no sound = no fun. I tried calling tech support but didnt get through.

So heres what I did please tell me if I missed something OR ANYTHING!!!

After the full install, I launched SC2. NO SOUND. I updated all my DirectX, ran the Repair.exe, and nothing will get the sound to go for this game. I went into the options menu and toggled around wit whatever and had no luck. Also I have uninstalled and re-installed 2wice now......

....and yes my speakers are on. I tried playing Portal and other games and the sound is fine. Any help would be appreciated.

I am on Windows 7 as well. Not sure what else you will need, but let me know.
Thanks,
Reply Quote
Has anyone had any sound issues??@??@?@
Reply Quote
Yes, I have. I had to set my soundcard to STEREO instead of 7.1 or 5.1 and it works. Kinda sucks, but it's probably a known bug.
Reply Quote
I've had the same issue. I use a Sound Blaster Fatality Gamer Pro, and updated all the drivers and still have the same issue. I'm guessing it's a bug, as MadProcessor has related. Because when I set it to Stereo, I get sound, but not while set to 7.1, 5.1, Surround settings. I hope they work this out.
Reply Quote
how do u set your sound card to 5.1 instead of 7.1? I am having the same issue.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]