StarCraft® II

GPU temps high? Forced shutdowns?

The possible solutions-
Add lines frameratecap=60 frameratecapGlue=30 to your variables text document in the starcraft 2 folder.

Reduce all your setting to medium.

Change portraits from 3d to 2d.

I have tried all of these solutions and I am still getting excessive temps on my gpu. I have never had any temp problems on my card with any other games. I have seen numerous reports of peoples cards overheating causing a forced shutdown.

Blizzard what are you doing about this? Have you acknowledged this as a problem?

8800 gt gpu geforce
3200 clawhammer AMD processor
Plenty of fans
Reply Quote
Honestly it's something to do with Nvidia's drivers. :/ The 8 and 9 series both do this pretty regularly, Nvidia has to frequently roll out new drivers to resolve the issue. I believe a while back one of their drivers was causing their fans to run severely under par.

You could try turning off physx or maybe roll back some drivers.
Reply Quote
I'm having similar problem with ATI Mobility so i don't think it's a driver issue. I've tried to recreate playing some more demanding games and running a lot of apps in the background but the laptop runs slow but it doesn't shutdown.
Reply Quote
Same problems with the Nvidia's 8800 GT, fans running 100%, still random shutdowns.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]