StarCraft® II

GalaxyEditor FAQ

(Sticky / Locked)

no, okay that's bizzare, I was pretty sure the problem would occur on anything i'd publish but after your confused response i tried publishing a different map (has nothing on it) and it worked.
This is wierd, because one of the recent things i did to the map was give it a new name, The reason why i didn't see this before is i published it once with the name change with no problem, and merely changed the lowercase to uppercase on the word 'Map'. After I published that old map or changed the name the problem went away.
Thanks for your time, I'm just curious why the problem stated was 'no more space on account'.
It might be related to the way I transfer the data from map to map. I save a new map as 'components' and take data from my old maps and delete map specific data in order to copy into the new map to publish, I've done this successfully 18 times, and hasn't caused any problems.
Edited by BadMagiX on 3/13/2011 9:46 PM PDT
MVP
That shouldn't really be an issue, which is why i'm also very confused. But it works now without issue?

*I just tried to recreate the problem, the wierd part is that neither of the two errors occured, so I don't have anything to add that might help fix the bug. It's one of those wierd computer problems.
Edited by BadMagiX on 3/14/2011 3:01 AM PDT
03/11/2011 6:52 PMPosted by Claye
Generally just triggers and terrain. Though I just tried with the data module and I get the same ding, same in the text editor. I just tried copying from the desktop and nothing changed. I am going to try re-installing and see what happens.

I re-installed and I still get the ding. I will just write that off to something with my laptop and not use the editor there. Thanks for the help Sixen.
MVP
BadMagiX: Hmph, well... alright... If it starts up again, please lemme know.

Claye: Out of curiosity, are there any errors shown in the Message Window (Window > Messages or CTRL+SHIFT+M).
Effects.RemoveBehavior - Why is there no option to remove by Alignment? Currently I have to make a Set effect with all the behaviors to remove in it. Also the Remove_BehaviorClass dropdown has no blank option. If you select a class there is no way to deselect it, you have to remove and make a new effect.

Claye: Out of curiosity, are there any errors shown in the Message Window (Window > Messages or CTRL+SHIFT+M).

Nope, not a thing.
MVP
hmph... I'm stumped...

I expected a lot more from you

and also, after the negative things said about the online guide, I have not touched it, so how do I edit units????
MVP
I expected a lot more from you

and also, after the negative things said about the online guide, I have not touched it, so how do I edit units????

Tell me about it. Though there's dozens of different things that could potentially be causing the Windows beeping sounds, =|.

Are you just talking about units in general? You're better off using some "Editing for Beginners" tutorials:
http://wiki.sc2mapster.com/galaxy/tutorials/
Edited by Jack on 3/18/2011 7:40 AM PDT
i loved the starcraft 1 editor (although it took awhile to get used too)
and don't get me wrong, this ones amazing.. but i find its very cluttered sometimes...
Hey this is not a problem per say, but is the Legacy Converter going to be able to convert WC3 maps in the future? Because there are many wonderful games from WC3 that people seem not to remake.
MVP
03/23/2011 11:34 PMPosted by FrozenFire
Hey this is not a problem per say, but is the Legacy Converter going to be able to convert WC3 maps in the future? Because there are many wonderful games from WC3 that people seem not to remake.

The Legacy Converter can convert both SC1 and War3 maps currently.
MVP
03/25/2011 12:03 PMPosted by FrozenFire
Including the units (not including models) and triggers?

That's another story, :(. A complete Legacy Converter is something I requested, but will likely not happen... Converting Triggers, Objects, etc, is a pretty ambitious project... And something that will likely need to be third party.
if u get this message please tell me how
MVP
03/25/2011 6:45 PMPosted by Arbiter
i still dont understand how to build maps like where do u go to build them

The Editor. Read the first question/answer in the OP.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]