GalaxyEditor FAQ

(Sticky / Locked)

Ok I know this might sound dum but, dose anyone know how to move a unit frome point A to point B with triggers so the uint moves at its own in game speed and not instantly.
MVP
03/28/2011 12:34 AMPosted by DagonDragoon
Ok I know this might sound dum but, dose anyone know how to move a unit frome point A to point B with triggers so the uint moves at its own in game speed and not instantly.

Issue Order to Move.
03/25/2011 8:18 PMPosted by Sixen
i still dont understand how to build maps like where do u go to build them

The Editor. Read the first question/answer in the OP.

I may not like you sixen, but sometimes I feel pity for you :P
My editor is crashing on startup so I tried deleting the sc2 editor folder in the registry but it didn't fix it. it still crashes on startup.
03/28/2011 1:00 AMPosted by Sixen

Issue Order to Move.

I looked under Issue order and all I find is hold position. WTF am I doing wrong?!
MVP
03/29/2011 4:05 PMPosted by HighVoltPIES
My editor is crashing on startup so I tried deleting the sc2 editor folder in the registry but it didn't fix it. it still crashes on startup.

What is the error message, Pies?

03/29/2011 4:13 PMPosted by DagonDragoon
I looked under Issue order and all I find is hold position. WTF am I doing wrong?!

So once you pick the Issue Order action, it pops up in the bottom pane where you select everything...

Issue Order
Unit: Triggering Unit
Order: Order With No target
Ability Command: (No Value)
Queue: Replace Existing Orders

Double-click the "Order: Order Targeting Point" and change it to "Order Targeting Point."
MVP
03/30/2011 7:30 AMPosted by HighVoltPIES
No error message, just goes straight to error reporter

Doesn't the error reporter give a crash log? Lemme see the crash log, or post the error from the log. Both would probably be most helpful.
what part of it do you need?
MVP
This:

================================================================================
StarCraft II (B16195)
Time: 2010-08-02 20:56:45.069
Exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II\Versions\Base15405\SC2.exe
Parameters:
Exe Built: 2010-07-30 16:50:31.950
User: Kevin
Computer: KEVIN-PC
Version: 1.0.1.16195
Branch: branches/1.0.0-replacement
Revision: 83510
Locale: enUS
================================================================================

ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
occurred at 0023:41A00000. The memory at '0x41A00000' could not be executed.

ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
occurred at 0023:00F43553. The memory at '0x0000020B' could not be read.
MVP
Looks like the numbers are a little different, but the fix should still work. If not, can you upload the full crash log somewhere?

Go to your "Documents/Starcraft II" folder, open up "Editor Vars.txt" and find "forceStoryMode=1", set it to 0.
Thanks.
MVP
No worries, ;).
That question is for Blizzard:

I need the template of the chat channels. Is there a way we map makers can have access to that template and add custom chat channels into our maps?

It would be good if we could use it like a dialog:
Actions:
- Create chat channel of size 100, 200 at position 100, 50 relative to Top Left with name "Observers"
- Add player 2 to Last Created Chat Channel.
- Show Last Created Chat Channel to (All-players). [All players that are not added into the chat channel can only read]
MVP
That kind of functionality isn't available. Chat channels are overlaid on the SC2 screen through Battle.net, they aren't really in SC2 per se.
hey, I'm trying to create an upgrade that will allow siege tanks to fire while moving. However, when i look at the effects, it says

[Weapon]
[Siege Tank - 90mm Cannon]
[Possible effects here]

And under the list of possible effects, there is nothing linking me to the "Weapon - Allowed Movement" stat. Have a solution?
how do i get to the starcraft 2 editer?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]