StarCraft® II

GalaxyEditor FAQ

(Sticky / Locked)

MVP
04/21/2011 07:17 PMPosted by elijahking
how do i get to the starcraft 2 editer?

Read the first bulletpoint.
When I create regions it causes a graphical problem, when i change the camera angle it will tear the screen wherever I drag the camera in the same shape as the region, causing black, or blank spots to appear on the terrain. Also, regions don't apear properly, when I place one it seems to be at the exact same height as the terrain instead of slightly above it, so i can't clearly see the region at some times, and at others it's impossible to see, Help?
Edited by Pvtpart on 4/29/2011 12:10 PM PDT
hey, I'm trying to create an upgrade that will allow siege tanks to fire while moving. However, when i look at the effects, it says

[Weapon]
[Siege Tank - 90mm Cannon]
[Possible effects here]

And under the list of possible effects, there is nothing linking me to the "Weapon - Allowed Movement" stat. Have a solution?

I think the only way that it would work is if you had 2 weapons the standard [Siege Tank - 90mm Cannon] and a [Siege Tank - 90mm Cannon - Mobile] with an upgrade needed the 2nd 90mm Cannon

1 thing i dont know, and i just thought of this 2 whole months after your post sorry, is the [Weapon]
[Siege Tank - 90mm Cannon]
[Possible effects here]
part of the upgrade TAB or part of the Weapon TAB
Edited by DagonDragoon on 7/12/2011 7:58 AM PDT
for some reason I can only create minerals south of my starting position, and there seems to be no limit to how close I can place the spawning position to the minerals.

How do I get minerals to be northwest of my starting position?
MVP
What happens when you try to place them on the northwest...?
It won't let me. It Highlights the minerals red, like the place I want to place is invalid, like it's not far away enough, but it's not.

I don't think it's a bug. I just don't think I'm doing everything I should be
Edited by Xase on 5/3/2011 4:41 PM PDT
MVP
You're trying to place them outside of the map's playable boundary. Go to View > Show Terrain > Show Bounds.
I have a problem, I had to re-install windows xp and re install all my programs again. After doing so i re installed SC2 and then proceeded to open the editor, when im in the editor i can view the map fine, until i zoom in and then the map goes black. What can i do to fix this?
I'm new to this, but how do you make a spawn location for a player?
MVP
05/07/2011 12:08 PMPosted by Zeus
I have a problem, I had to re-install windows xp and re install all my programs again. After doing so i re installed SC2 and then proceeded to open the editor, when im in the editor i can view the map fine, until i zoom in and then the map goes black. What can i do to fix this?

Try updating your video card drivers.

05/07/2011 01:39 PMPosted by AfirAwesome
I'm new to this, but how do you make a spawn location for a player?

Layers > Points > Start Location
Thanks! Is there a way to copy and paste terrain? I know that you can do it with units, but I can't seem to find a way to do it with terrain.
MVP
05/07/2011 02:35 PMPosted by AfirAwesome
Thanks! Is there a way to copy and paste terrain? I know that you can do it with units, but I can't seem to find a way to do it with terrain.

Mhmm, just highlight the Terrain you want to copy, then hit CTRL+C to copy, and CTRL+V to paste.
MVP
05/10/2011 07:22 AMPosted by Jack
i tryed sytem serching for this an i could not find it! could you try giveing me step by step, like what folder to go to?

Read the very first question.
where do you go to find it? what is the root directory, what do i typein if iwanted to do a system serch?
??? what dose that mean???? i read first question and it did no help one bit
MVP
The answer is there:
Where is the GalaxyEditor located on PC?

GE can be found in the root of your directory. By default, the directory is:
C:\Program Files\Starcraft II\ -- Default for 32-bit Windows OS
C:\Program Files (x86)\Starcraft II\ -- Default for 64-bit Windows OS
%USERPROFILE%/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/Starcraft II/ -- Default for Mac OS

If it's not there, go to the \Support\ folder.

You don't need to do a system search. If you used the default directory, there it is. Otherwise, I guess you can search for "SC2Editor.exe" or "Starcraft II - Map Editor".
I can't validate the editor or whatever. Whenever I type in my username and password, it says that I'm using a version of the client that's incompatible with battle.net, even though I'm on the most recent patch and the same info logs me into the normal game and this site just fine.
MVP
05/19/2011 10:02 PMPosted by Penguin
I can't validate the editor or whatever. Whenever I type in my username and password, it says that I'm using a version of the client that's incompatible with battle.net, even though I'm on the most recent patch and the same info logs me into the normal game and this site just fine.

Go to Help > About the Starcraft II Editor

What does it tell you the version is?

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]