StarCraft® II

GalaxyEditor FAQ

(Sticky / Locked)

alright, so i have this trigger. the event is Map Initialization and the action is Pick Each Unit in (Unit Group) and do (Actions).

i set the (Unit Group) parameter to the unit group i want, and then for the action it's Kill (Picked Unit). so once the trigger runs, it should select each unit in my unit group and kill it. but it's not working :(

here's a screenshot of my simple trigger: http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/1489/unledzyt.png

the trigger is not initially on, i test it using the trigrun debug command. whether it's initially on or not didn't change anything.
Hi all,
I've recently made a couple of weapons and, through much trial and error, have gotten them to work properly except for one thing - the impact art is not showing.
Specifically I am using the hyperion's laser attack and the problem is, of the three weapons i have based off the attack, two will not show the impact animation (a small explosion). I cannot figure out what's wrong. If anyone could help, that would be great.
Theres something wrong with my Editor. I ran Repair but it didnt do anything. My SC2 map is only 80x80, and a few enemies. I put in a few triggers, ran tests. everything was fine. Then suddenly a bit later, when i try to save, my editor freezes, then after a bit unfreezes. The file was saved, but now read as 400000+ kb. My map should only be around 52mb, thats what i see when I hit publish but the editor wont let me because my file is too large. Please help!
i have two problems and in a way they both have too do with upgrades. 1) i want to make an upgrade that doubles the hanger size for the carrier. i just can't find the ammo cap value. 2) i made an upgrade to make some units permanently cloaked, thought i did it right but when i tested it, nothing happened. any help will be appreciated.
dose anyone know a simple way to genorate truely random points within a given radius for persistent effects
all i can place is a zerg beacon and i cant find the minimap,cant see the things that are suposed to be were they are not
Will you be adding more doodads to the Galaxy editor? For example; light poles, more simple homes, glaciers for an ice map, snow storm emitter, ect. I would love to give more doodad ideas.
I have a map in progress, but I made the initial boundaries too wide and too short. How do I adjust the boundaries?

By boundaries, I don't mean the yellow and blue lines you can set to show, how do I make it bigger.
Edited by Xase on 6/22/2011 6:39 PM PDT
06/15/2011 07:14 AMPosted by Cubanchino
Will you be adding more doodads to the Galaxy editor? For example; light poles, more simple homes, glaciers for an ice map, snow storm emitter, ect. I would love to give more doodad ideas.

With the expansions, yes, there will be more added to the Editor.

I have a map in progress, but I made the initial boundaries too wide and too short. How do I adjust the boundaries?

By boundaries, I don't mean the yellow and blue lines you can set to show, how do I make it bigger.

Should be able to do it in Map > Map Bounds

On another note, how do I make expansion arcs perfect?
Edited by Xase on 6/23/2011 5:34 PM PDT
is there any possible way to raise the max amount of kills a unit can have? cause the max ive heard on my map is 65000 for one unit :(
I can't adjust how high my water is. I want to create a lake and I understand that you do so by placing water rectangles on the ground and lowering them into a negative cliff or by raising the ground around it. Well, I can't lower the water.
Oh nevermind. It doesn't apply to existing water.
Where is the galaxy editor on a Mac?
recently in the editor i have been getting wierd bugs when creating ramps and cliffs, all the ramps are not the correct sizes, single ramps are to small for medium units like stalkers and roaches.
and the cliffs have weird points on them that also causes the shading to be bugged out and the cliff faces at these points dont match up... any suggestions
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]