GalaxyEditor FAQ

(Sticky / Locked)

eh...the problem then would be alteration, cause on windows 7, the "maps" aren't under battle.net they're under SC2's folder in blizzard's folder...
Jeezus how many friggin' Diablos do we need?
Might I suggest putting the adding campaign dependencies to be able to use heroes’ etc, so the people stop making "how to find campaign unit posts"
Currently I'm getting an error that is preventing me from publishing a map. It keeps telling me " The published name '???? ???' is not available [??? <koKR>] ". Any idea on what I'm doing wrong?
eh...the problem then would be alteration, cause on windows 7, the "maps" aren't under battle.net they're under SC2's folder in blizzard's folder...

Whatcha mean?

Might I suggest putting the adding campaign dependencies to be able to use heroes’ etc, so the people stop making "how to find campaign unit posts"

Good idea, adding it.

Currently I'm getting an error that is preventing me from publishing a map. It keeps telling me " The published name '???? ???' is not available [??? <koKR>] ". Any idea on what I'm doing wrong?

You need to rename your map from the Publish window and the Map > Map Info menu.
I've renamed it several times from both windows and it keeps giving me the same message. In addition it sometimes gives me a whole mess of names that is saying I can't publish in because those names aren't available and what I'm trying to name it is nothing like them. Thoughts? Am I just missing something here?
What are you trying to name it? Whatever name you're giving it, is already taken in the koKR region/locale.
Holy crap. Someone must be going crazy with map names then.
Any possibility Blizzard will make the Galaxy Editor easier to use or at least have a "beginner" mode of doing things? I'm pretty proficient with the Warcraft 3 Editor, but the new Galaxy Editor confuses the heck outta me! I just don't think it should take 15 minutes to create a unit and hours to attempt a hero character.
Any possibility Blizzard will make the Galaxy Editor easier to use or at least have a "beginner" mode of doing things? I'm pretty proficient with the Warcraft 3 Editor, but the new Galaxy Editor confuses the heck outta me! I just don't think it should take 15 minutes to create a unit and hours to attempt a hero character.

Someone actually asked this on the Beta forums, which I can't show you because they were wiped... But Blizzard basically said, they won't be making anything easier, just offering better ways to maneuver through the Data, which I believe has already been done.

Your best bet is to use some tutorials, =|. Otherwise, MilkyWayEdit (SC2Mapster's Editor) has a lot of easier ways to do Data editing and Galaxy Scripting. We'll have a public release out pretty soon.
I have added dependency for campain but none of the units come up an data editor. How do i change this???
I was wondering, why are some units missing? We were promised to have Dragoons, Predators (the air unit that was scrapped, not the cybercat from WoL) and Reavers in for example, but they're not in the game's files even...And the old Infestor model is in, but it's missing everything else (wireframe, portrait, etc.)...
I have added dependency for campain but none of the units come up an data editor. How do i change this???

Have you saved your map? It should be applied immediately.

I was wondering, why are some units missing? We were promised to have Dragoons, Predators (the air unit that was scrapped, not the cybercat from WoL) and Reavers in for example, but they're not in the game's files even...And the old Infestor model is in, but it's missing everything else (wireframe, portrait, etc.)...

Scrapped units were said to never be in the game. Though, short after release, we should be getting another Mod with more GameData.
figured out problem must take off liberty multi mod dependency.

Whatcha mean?

for windows 7, the only "maps" are under the path C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment\StarCraft II\Maps\Cache and even those aren't really maps, just bunch of binary text files....

Keep in mind, that's just what SC2 has there...could be they are hidden further in then that, I don't have any saved maps on my computer short of what I've gotten in-game and they aren't saved anywhere on my computer in editable form...
Edited by ArcticHowler on 7/30/2010 8:17 PM PDT
for windows 7, the only "maps" are under the path C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment\StarCraft II\Maps\Cache and even those aren't really maps, just bunch of binary text files....

Keep in mind, that's just what SC2 has there...could be they are hidden further in then that, I don't have any saved maps on my computer short of what I've gotten in-game and they aren't saved anywhere on my computer in editable form...

Sure they're map. MapName.S2MA is a map cache file. Rename it to .SC2Map and GE can open it.
Ok so I figured out what my problem was with it telling me the name is unavailable. It let me publish it. So now it's uploading.... for quite a long time now... still at 0%. So what's the deal?
Do you know how to rectify the error: VALIDATION_WORKING_SET_SCORE_SCREEN_FAIL.
when publishing a map?
I have a problem with my map and I don't know if its the lighting (as well as the Environment trigger), but everytime I test my document, I've gotten no lighting in my map, no matter what I do to change in the Lighting window. You can say its pretty much dark.

I've even clicked "Generate Lighting Map" from the Data menu and it still doesn't work.

I've tried using the Repair utility but it says it's unable to find the necessary data on the servers and I don't want to reinstall.

I also do forget to mention I've turned off the fog by the trigger.

So I don't know whats going on and I need help on this. Thanks.
Edited by Abereg on 8/1/2010 11:42 AM PDT
From what directory does the game look for maps for the ( single player / Vs AI ) games ?

I have 4 maps on the ( my documents/ starcraftII/ Maps ) directory and only the maps i have published as Private show in game. So do i REALLY have to publish each time i want to play a map i am making?

Will i run out of map space if i publish a ton of maps ?

If theres a way to make the maps show up on for the single player "vs AI" games plz share.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]