StarCraft® II

GalaxyEditor FAQ

(Sticky / Locked)

No sir, I was not. I got the game on the 28th of July. I just started editing maps. Maybe the problem is the version of the editor that comes with the game?
How do I get into the editor? I try entering my username/email account and password and it wouldn't except it even though the SC2 game does. Unless I've been doing this wrong for the past week, this gotta be a damn bug need of fixing.

You must log in to Battle.net to authenticate your StarCraft II account before using the editor. Would you like to do so now?
Account:

Connect.

Unable to authenticate your StarCraft II account. Please contact Blizzard customer service if you are having difficulty with your account.

Had this battle.net account since day one of 2.0 and authenticated WoL again on day one, got any ideas please? I so want to get messing with that mapmaking plot finally.
Okay so I think there is something wrong with the Starcraft Editor itself. Because I installed the game from the website on my desktop and I tried to code a map to make 60 zerg spawn every 25 seconds and move to another point. I could not find the "Move to" command and or ability.

Does anyone else have this problem?
Do I honestly have to shift through 40 doodads just to find one that I can use?
Is there a way around this?
I have the actual version of the game, and i cant find the map editor. Where is it? And how do i access the directory and stuff...

No sir, I was not. I got the game on the 28th of July. I just started editing maps. Maybe the problem is the version of the editor that comes with the game?

It's really weird that this would be happening. Think you can post a screenshot?

@Eroldren: I don't believe it's affected by the Registry, so we can't just have you edit something real quick and be done. I'd recommend contacting the Billing Department.

Do I honestly have to shift through 40 doodads just to find one that I can use?
Is there a way around this?

You can sort it as a list if you'd like...
@Sixen: Well I am not sure what a Screen Shot will do for you. But I will take any screen shot for you. What do you think you will need?
Just SS the Trigger Editor, please.
while trying to publish a map i receive this error: "The requested publish name has unacceptable words (Starcraft) [LOCALE]". i have changed the name several times and they all result in the same error. i have tried single words, multiple words, multiple words without spaces. and they all had the same error.
@Sixen, Sorry I do not what SS mean. Could you please tell me?
I am getting a VALIDATION_WORKING_SET_SCORE_SCREEN_FAIL when I try to upload the newest version of a map, which of course, fails the upload.

If it is any relevance, the only thing I can think that changed since the last successful upload is a game variant.

Suggestions on a fix?
The variant that causes that particular error is choosing player races.
I don't know if you'll accept problems, but I've been looking hard for help on this.

'I'm going to go crazy. Please help me fix this.

So I've got a custom unit, an item, and duplicated the Pylon model to use for it. The hero is supposed to pick it up. So I place both the hero and the item in the editor, and both show up fine. But, upon testing the map, the item simply vanishes.

I tested it with a detector, and it's not cloaked.
The unit starts out within the hero's sight range, so it's not being destroyed or moving somehow before I can see it.
This isn't a 'black/white blob' problem; the model shows up in the editor fine.
I'm not picking the item without noticing somehow.

Where can this discrepancy possibly come from?'
That was indeed it. I removed the settings for player race and it uploaded successfully. I thank you from the bottom of my blood-pumping muscle.

Cheers.
I've encountered a problem with new units sometimes just not showing up when I place them. This only happened to me when I made them from scratch though which I've resigned from doing. I now copy a pre-existing unit setup and it seems to work all the time.
while trying to publish a map i receive this error: "The requested publish name has unacceptable words (Starcraft) [LOCALE]". i have changed the name several times and they all result in the same error. i have tried single words, multiple words, multiple words without spaces. and they all had the same error.

Are you using "Starcraft" anywhere in your map?

@Sixen, Sorry I do not what SS mean. Could you please tell me?

Screenshot, sorry, :).

So I've got a custom unit, an item, and duplicated the Pylon model to use for it. The hero is supposed to pick it up. So I place both the hero and the item in the editor, and both show up fine. But, upon testing the map, the item simply vanishes.

Where can this discrepancy possibly come from?'

Hrm... Did you apply all the models and such for the pylon? What dependencies are you using?

I've encountered a problem with new units sometimes just not showing up when I place them. This only happened to me when I made them from scratch though which I've resigned from doing. I now copy a pre-existing unit setup and it seems to work all the time.

Did you give them a model? What dependencies are you using?
Hrm... Did you apply all the models and such for the pylon? What dependencies are you using?

Yes, I copied the Pylon Actor and fixed all the models so they don't apply to the copies any more.

I added all the dependencies (including the campaign ones), I think. But it wasn't working before I added them either.
@sixen: Here is a Link to the screen shot: http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f268/feadother/text.jpg
I had problems with this too. What you need to do is go up to the map menu then down to Player Properties. In this dialouge you can edit whether player 1 starts in a specific spot or at random then for player 2 and so on. In the next tab is where you set up the team locations. You can customize this depending on if it's 1v1 or 2v2 or what have you.

I hope this helped!
hey blue :D could you add a sticky on here for user made tutorials? i think the sc2 map tutuorial you recommended on the WoW community spotlight might be a more helpful suggestion over here.

link related
http://www.youtube.com/user/OneTwoSC
Yes, I copied the Pylon Actor and fixed all the models so they don't apply to the copies any more.

I added all the dependencies (including the campaign ones), I think. But it wasn't working before I added them either.

Try creating a new map and doing the same, minus the dependencies. Does it still occur? I know you said it was prior to adding the dependencies, but i'm thinking it could be an issue on something else.

@sixen: Here is a Link to the screen shot: http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f268/feadother/text.jpg

That's the Text Editor? I needed the Trigger Editor, :P.

hey blue :D could you add a sticky on here for user made tutorials? i think the sc2 map tutuorial you recommended on the WoW community spotlight might be a more helpful suggestion over here.

link related
http://www.youtube.com/user/OneTwoSC

Just FYI, i'm a regular user, not an employee, :P. And... Where do you see a Map Tutorial on the Community spotlight?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]