Do we have any superstars in the Swarm

Aside from Dimaga and HDstarcraft, and some of the nice folks at Team Liquid (TLO is such a traitor), do the zerg have any allstars anymore?
Reply Quote
Um...
There's a lot, including the infamous IdrA.
Reply Quote
I'm obviously a pretty big deal, and im offended that I was not listed in this thread yet
Reply Quote
There's Sen. Oh, and also PsY. Psy is an awesome youtube commentator who happens to be a pretty damn good Zerg. Check his youtube channel out when you get a chance, if you're not playing at the level you'd like, you might learn something. Between him and Day9, I went from mid-bronze to top5 gold in just two weeks during beta phase1.
Reply Quote
Machine is pretty good also :D
Reply Quote
Sen, IdrA, Dimaga, Slush, LaLuSh, Artosis, etc.

Please don't ever associate HDStarcraft as a zerg allstar. The guy is in gold league for the love of god. He barely knows what he's talking about.
Reply Quote
ya we do have superstars but a FACT is since the terran is so beast and the zerg suck they all want to change to terran
Reply Quote
Didn't IdrA say something about there aren't a lot of zerg players on the asian server because guys like Masq like to mass marine/tanks?
Reply Quote
Didn't IdrA say something about there aren't a lot of zerg players on the asian server because guys like Masq like to mass marine/tanks?

IdrA said there aren't a lot of zerg players on the American servers. On the asian servers, it's flooded with zerg players.
Reply Quote
IdrA said there aren't a lot of zerg players on the American servers. On the asian servers, it's flooded with zerg players.

That's actually not true. That used to be the case pre patch 12 when zerg weren't terrible. However now, even players like Tester are saying that T is absolutely ridiculous. On top of that, before the launch during the best buy convo with the devs, DB admitted that terran is the most played race in all 3 regions. Also, I like how I see you in every single thread spreading your "zerg is fine" filth. Go away terran troll. Everyone knows zerg has distinct disadvantages compared to P and T right now. They are by no means broken, but clearly weak.
Reply Quote
Zerg is definitely weak, but not so much so at the professional level that the next patch will be out of control with Zerg Buffs. I don't really expect the game to be 100% balanced until all 3 games are out.
Reply Quote

That's actually not true. That used to be the case pre patch 12 when zerg weren't terrible. However now, even players like Tester are saying that T is absolutely ridiculous. On top of that, before the launch during the best buy convo with the devs, DB admitted that terran is the most played race in all 3 regions. Also, I like how I see you in every single thread spreading your "zerg is fine" filth. Go away terran troll. Everyone knows zerg has distinct disadvantages compared to P and T right now. They are by no means broken, but clearly weak.

1. You're wrong.
2. Most Played Race: Zerg. I'm confused.
3. You must be trolling.
4. Who has won the biggest tournaments? Zerg and Protoss. Specifically IdrA, Tester, Sen, and White-Ra.
Reply Quote
Um...
There's a lot, including the infamous IdrA(ge).

fixed that for you.
Reply Quote
I'm not expecting insane amounts of buffs. What I am expecting is for reapers to be toned down a smidge. Preferably by lowering their movement speed so that Z can actually combat them and not get kited indefinitely. Protoss have stalkers. Zerg have....???.

I also expect some improvements to roach. The roach is, by far, the most useless piece of trash unit in its tier 1 form in the game right now proving itself to only be effective vs zealots and nothing else. Once it has speed it has some use, but they are still less than impressive. Blizzard gives terran the marauder and doesn't see any reason to nerf it in any way with the reasoning that its 100/25 and can't attack air. Ok...make roaches cost 25 more minerals. As a result blizzard can now, by their logic, increase their movement speed, increase their attack speed by 30%, increase their damage from 16 to 20 and give them an active ability to further increase their attack speed by 50% at the cost of 10 hp. All those additions for 25 minerals? Are you serious? The only redeeming quality the roach once had was that it was 1 supply. That however, is no longer the case. Fix roaches please. :)

Edit: A tiny bit more hydra mobility off creep would be nice too. It's not the big things that make zerg weak. It's these little minor things that can be extremely exploited by half decent micro. The problem being, there is little zerg can do to counter this. All the micro in the world won't save you from reapers on lost temple.
Edited by Naraka on 7/29/2010 12:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm not expecting insane amounts of buffs. What I am expecting is for reapers to be toned down a smidge. Preferably by lowering their movement speed so that Z can actually combat them and not get kited indefinitely. Protoss have stalkers. Zerg have....???.

I also expect some improvements to roach. The roach is, by far, the most useless piece of trash unit in its tier 1 form in the game right now proving itself to only be effective vs zealots and nothing else. Once it has speed it has some use, but they are still less than impressive. Blizzard gives terran the marauder and doesn't see any reason to nerf it in any way with the reasoning that its 100/25 and can't attack air. Ok...make roaches cost 25 more minerals. As a result blizzard can now, by their logic, increase their movement speed, increase their attack speed by 30%, increase their damage from 16 to 20 and give them an active ability to further increase their attack speed by 50% at the cost of 10 hp. All those additions for 25 minerals? Are you serious? The only redeeming quality the roach once had was that it was 1 supply. That however, is no longer the case. Fix roaches please. :)

Edit: A tiny bit more hydra mobility off creep would be nice too. It's not the big things that make zerg weak. It's these little minor things that can be extremely exploited by half decent micro. The problem being, there is little zerg can do to counter this. All the micro in the world won't save you from reapers on lost temple.

Yet almost every pro game has roaches and barely any have reapers.
Reply Quote
Yet almost every pro game has roaches and barely any have reapers.

The reaper strat is relatively new. It will spread. LzGamer uses it all the time right now. So does PainUser. I just had a match with ReachTheSky and he opened on me with it as well. I managed to deal with it reasonably well with speed lings and queens but only because we were on blistering sands. If we were on LT, I'm sure it would have gone drastically differently.

Regardless, I still lost in the end as reaper/rine/rauder/tank pretty much deals with anything zerg can make, lol.
Reply Quote
Only reason I didn't mention idra is because he's bm. Almost every game I see him in on Sc2, he'll lose, QQ, and rage quit. He's Harry Potter with a bad attitude, and he needs to learn some manners.

Sen I've not seen play before, so I'll be looking for him.

Artosis is a member of TL, so he's listed as the "Members of Team Liquid" part of my post.

Seriously though, idras just not worth the mentioning anymore in my opinion.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]