StarCraft® II

Do we have any superstars in the Swarm

lol I have been watching idra(ge) play and I like zerg a lot, but isn't idra the perfect zerg player? I mean he may not be the best but he gets angry and has a bad temper that you wouldn't expect from any other race besides zerg lol.

I am starting to get a little upset as I have been losing a lot lately.....
Reply Quote
People act like getting upset and raging after losing is a bad thing. In all honesty, it really isn't. If you shrug off your losses and say "oh well, on to the next game" then you're just ignoring the fact that something is not working. I can relate to IdrA in the way that when I lose, the frustration fuels me to find out both why I lost and how I can preform better. Sure it may be a crowd pleaser to see IdrA mouth off, but in the end IdrA is still the better player.

edit: btw, when I say anger and frustration I dont mean throwing keyboards and punching holes in the walls, which I highly doubt IdrA does since he spends 12 hours a day sitting next to koreans playing SC2. I'm sure they wouldve said something to him by now if he did.
Edited by Tiaan on 7/29/2010 6:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm sorry if you misunderstood me, I meant idra's manners more than anything else. Idra has called his opponents !!@%*#s before and rarely says gg or glhf.

Idra is god tier and he is better than any1 in this thread.
Reply Quote
Sen, IdrA, Dimaga, Slush, LaLuSh, Artosis, etc.

Please don't ever associate HDStarcraft as a zerg allstar. The guy is in gold league for the love of god. He barely knows what he's talking about.

Haha yeah I was going to say the same thing... Except I don't think he has no idea what he is talking about. He is a good player but by no means is he close to the level of the players you mentioned, and he would fully admit that. HDStarcraft is pretty good at what he does, which is casting. You don't have to be an amazing player to be good at casting.
Reply Quote
As someone said HDstarcraft isn't a high league player, he just commentates the game and plays casually.

Dimaga and Idra are probably the most well known due to their notoriety. Dimaga is a known cheeser who people complain about how he can cheese his way to the top of tournaments.

Idra rages a lot, which is always fun to watch. He is largely Bad mannered but his skill level with zerg is well respected.

Idra won the King of the Beta Tournament a few days ago.

Both are exceptional players. Zerg in the hands of a very skilled player can do well.
Edited by Sphinxks on 7/29/2010 9:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Seriously though, idras just not worth the mentioning anymore in my opinion.

Didn't he win the King of the Beta tournament?
Reply Quote
Idra is like the king of all zerg haha
Reply Quote
These Superstars will be shortlived (like all others), new superstars will fall in and the cycle continues. Only way I can be wrong in that statement is if oldies like Savior or an even older Yellow and Julyzerg transfer to Competitive SC2 (which is a huge no-no, though I wish it to happen).
Reply Quote
I find it hard to believe that someone like IdrA who plays SC2 for 12 hrs a day, can lose so easily sometimes to the cheesiest builds.
Reply Quote
I find it hard to believe that someone like IdrA who plays SC2 for 12 hrs a day, can lose so easily sometimes to the cheesiest builds.

well zerg isn't exactly well primed to deal with most cheese.. and IdrA is a macro player. In the event that he fights off the cheese he usually wins. Say what you want about IdrA but he is a damned good player.
Reply Quote
People act like getting upset and raging after losing is a bad thing. In all honesty, it really isn't. If you shrug off your losses and say "oh well, on to the next game" then you're just ignoring the fact that something is not working. I can relate to IdrA in the way that when I lose, the frustration fuels me to find out both why I lost and how I can preform better. Sure it may be a crowd pleaser to see IdrA mouth off, but in the end IdrA is still the better player.

edit: btw, when I say anger and frustration I dont mean throwing keyboards and punching holes in the walls, which I highly doubt IdrA does since he spends 12 hours a day sitting next to koreans playing SC2. I'm sure they wouldve said something to him by now if he did.

I agree with this 110%. I get very angry and frustrated too when I lose to cheese or an odd timing push. But if I hadn't got angry I'd still be in the gold League twiddling my thumbs, and crying out "OMG I JUST REALIZE THAT EVERY SINGLE UNIT IN THIS GAME IS OP!"

Don't fear losing, learn to hate it. When you hate it, you'll naturally want to defeat and overcome it. IMO if you started saying that this and that needs a nerf or its OP right after losing the game in which that unit was used, than you've already given up trying to become a better player.

The funny thing people don't realize about Idra's games is that how awesomely uneventful the game looks. It looks like nothing much is going on, but that is because Idra's doing a perfect job at not allowing that "excitement" happen, because if he does, he'll Lose. Srry but he's not going to lose just for the sake of entertainment. Idra's a macro player, and an amazing one at that, if you're not impressed by how refined his management is then clearly you have yet to see all of Starcraft.

Even Day9 made a comment about harrassment. It's exciting, its fun to watch, but if you can't do any damage, you're in a hell lot of trouble, and the other player's chance of winning skyrockets with every successful defense.
Edited by Snuggles on 7/30/2010 7:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah... HD just like Husky are commentators. There both platinum or diamond, but they both play random so you can't really include them in this list.
Reply Quote
Yeah... HD just like Husky are commentators. There both platinum or diamond, but they both play random so you can't really include them in this list.

Again you say something stupid. HD plays zerg and Husky plays protoss. Husky was platinum in beta (watch the replays on the HDH Invitational, as they were live, so you could see their stats), and HD was gold. In fact, most of the people in this thread probably know more about SC2 than them.
Reply Quote
PsY, youtube channel PsYStarcraft. My favorite commentator.
Reply Quote
Only reason I didn't mention idra is because he's bm. Almost every game I see him in on Sc2, he'll lose, QQ, and rage quit. He's Harry Potter with a bad attitude, and he needs to learn some manners.

There are A LOT of Idra fans, myself included. Some people like his attitude and he knows it. And seriously? Idra placed #2 in HDH and #1 in Day9 Countdown. If he isn't THE ZERG player, I don't know who is.
Reply Quote
The Korean player CheckPrime is good. Of course he's Korean so I'm not sure if that counts.
Reply Quote

He is one of the strongest zerg players in the world. What are you?
Reply Quote
Has anybody heard of JulyZerg, the legendary Korean player? I'm sure he is as good in S2 as S1. You can find him on youtube.
Reply Quote
roaches are not useless they make a good ground defence with psine crawlers
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]