StarCraft® II

How do I uninstall SC2 on mac?

I'd rather try my luck with boot camp, so I want to free up some space by uninstalling SC2. Is there an uninstall tool, or do I just delete the SC2 folders from the applications and documents folders?
Reply Quote
just delete it and you'll be fine
Reply Quote
Drag the starcraft II folder to the trash and then Empty the trash..
Reply Quote
But it seems to delete only the visible part of SC2...don t we have a kind of program files on Mac!
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Try this.

In order to remove StarCraft II safely from your system, you will need to remove the following items:

1. Go to your Mac HD/Applications folder and move your StarCraft2 to the Trash
2. Go to your Mac HD/Users/Shared folder and move the Blizzard folder to the Trash
3. Go to your Mac HD/Users/<your account>/Library/Application Support/ and move the Starcraft II folder to the Trash
4. Go to your Mac HD/Users/<your account>/Library/Preferences and delete any files associated with Starcraft II:
    (You might not have all of these files.)

- com.blizzard.downloader.plist
    - com.blizzard.Downloader.prefs
    - com.blizzard.errorreporter.plist
    - com.blizzard.Installer.plist
    - com.blizzard.launcher.plist
    - com.blizzard.StarCraft II Editor.prefs
    - com.blizzard.starcraft2.editor.plist
    - com.blizzard.starcraft2.plist
    - com.blizzard.starcraft2.repair.plist

(if you don't have all the above preferences, it is ok)

4. Empty Trash

If you are on Lion, you will need to use the "Go" command (Command-Shift-G) to get into your User Library and type in:
~/Library

Mac Tech Support for Baaaaahlizzard Entertainment || Tu-Sat 8:45 am - 5 pm CST
If you can't find it here, contact a rep direct :http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html
http://www.surveymk.com/s/RF8K3KG ---- Rate my Baaaaalue Posts. Haala at your sheep!
Small talk. Small talk... Flies. Peanuts. Dimes. Oh, and sweaters. They get muy, muy small in the wash.
Reply Quote
how would I go about not losing my saves?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
You would have to move the Saves file out to your desktop, then after you reinstall the game, drag and drop the file back in, and select Yes to replace the existing file by the same name.

The location is (Users/"user"/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/Starcraft II/Accounts/"account"/"number"/saves)
Mac Tech Support for Blizzard Entertainment || Mon - Fri 1:45pm - 10:45pm CST
If you can't find it here, contact a rep direct :http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html
https://www.surveymk.com/s/TKL88F8 <---- Rate my Blue post here...
The Restrooms are for paying customers only!
Reply Quote
I am trying to install my copy of sc2 on a new computer. When I try to activate it with the authentication key it tells me I already have the maximum number of licenses for this region.

If I delete the game from my old computer with Battle.net then allow me to register it in a new computer?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Hi Karamazov,

That error message means that you are attempting to reuse that same license. You do not need to enter the key again when you do an install. You should be able to skip that (should be a skip/continue button), and continue the install. You will only need to log into the game with a Battle.net account that already has a full SC2 license to play.
Mac Tech Support for Baaaaahlizzard Entertainment || Fri-Tue 1:45 pm - 10:45 pm CST
http://www.surveymk.com/s/RF8K3KG ---- Rate my Baaaaalue Posts. How's this sheep doing?
Dedicated to making your Mac/Blizzard Experience an awesome one!
Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom.-- Lao Tzu
Reply Quote
Why don't you guys just create an uninstaller?
Reply Quote
lol silence...
Reply Quote
I tried to install SC2 on my dads mac so i could play it at his house but now that i see it wont work i tried to uninstall it. But when i clicked empty trash it said Error 8003.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Reading more about this error, it seems to be relating to Time Machine and backing up of files. Do you know if Time Machine is active?
Reply Quote
The best way I've found to do this on a Mac is to use a free app called "Appdelete" You simply drag the program icon into Appdelete and it automatically searches your computer for all data related to the program, then gathers it all into a folder in the trash can. If you want to keep your saved game files, simply look through the folders and files until you find them, and put them on your desktop (or wherever you would like to keep them)
Reply Quote
I tried the uninstall method and it worked the first time I launched it and I played a couple of games (all my old replays are gone though). Then I tried to see if I could play it offline and it returned to the same freezing point from restore windows and the missing required files and reinstall.
Reply Quote
ignore my comment wrong forum. sorry
Reply Quote
Starcraft is one of the better games out there but considering it's on pc and mac wouldn't it be logical to just have an uninstaller?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
I'll pass that feedback up.
Reply Quote
Starcraft is one of the better games out there but considering it's on pc and mac wouldn't it be logical to just have an uninstaller?

Mac OS is notoriously horrible at uninstalling apps, I've hoped since System 7! that one day apple would release an API to cleanly uninstall apps, but it has never come to pass.
Reply Quote
CC-cleaner free mac program in app store, uninstall via cc cleaner and everything is wiped at once
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]