Watching Replays with Friends Online

This is more of a suggestion than anything... but wouldn't it be great to be able to share replays with your friends w/o having to email them or upload them? There are countless times were I'd love to show a friend a replay, but the hassle of uploading/downloading, etc often leaves me with the thought of, "why bother?"

Anyway, what plans does Blizzard have to integrate this concept? Its not a new idea but I haven't found anything on it since Beta.
Reply Quote
Bumping to get some thoughts on this.
Reply Quote
I would be interested in this. I doubt it'll be something implemented because youtube is so prevalent and people can basically highlight what they want and say "Look at x:xx" and that'll be that. It would be cool to have something like this that you could watch other people play at random though. I know custom games can have observers, but not latter matches and the like which would be more interesting.
Reply Quote
I agree. They should put shared replay viewing in. Didn't they have it in BW?
Reply Quote
They don't have time to worry about that when most of the replays don't even work in the first place.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
They should put shared replay viewing in.

This is a functionality we're interested in providing our players at some point in the future. :)
Reply Quote

This is a functionality we're interested in providing our players at some point in the future. :)

Will this be before or after you introduce chat channels and redo the way custom games are displayed?
Reply Quote
It should be out now. Along with chat channels.

12 years.
Edited by MastaMind on 7/30/2010 4:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote

awesome. I loved analyzing replays with friends and sooner this is added, the better
Reply Quote

Will this be before or after you introduce chat channels and redo the way custom games are displayed?

Way to force your way in, I know i'm likely feeding a troll, but custom chat doesn't need to be added(and is not a priority), and while Custom Games should be sorted by type(like in folders by type ;), these issues ARE NOT BEING DISCUSS HERE

They should be discussed everywhere, because they're the biggest things wrong with the game experience. Until these issues are fixed, I'm going to respond to every Blue post with that question somewhere in my response. If we let this get slipped under the rug, then Activision wins. Do you want Activision to win?
Reply Quote
Viewing replays with friends would be a welcomed feature.
Reply Quote
I feel like the addition of observers in many of the standard Blizzard maps was a great thing! But the removal of replay viewing seems like a step back. Hopefully we will see a patch soon; I like discussing my replays with my peers.
Reply Quote
Being able to browse the top players replays within battle net would just be BOMB!
Reply Quote

well at least now i can technically add this to the list of "things that are coming within the next 10 years".

how hard is it to allow you to host a custom game with a replay file instead of a map anyway?? seemed to work just fine in SC1...
Edited by Siege on 7/30/2010 5:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Patch 1.08 forever!

Here's hoping we get just as much in patch 1.02. Blizzard can do it!
Edited by Metatron on 7/30/2010 5:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Couldn't we do this back in SC? :O I love all the removed functionality!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]