Counter to early air?

Ok I seem to do fine against ground rushes so far but air completely obliterates me no mater what. I just lost three in a row to early banshee and now early rays. Any idea of a guild build order to get to hydras fast? This is 1v1 btw
Reply Quote
I always have 2-3 Queens in my base early, and they do well against early air rushes.
Reply Quote
Make two queens at the start, or build an evo chamber with a couple spore crawlers if you scout him and notice he's going early air I prefer the first option because you can heal your 2nd queen if she runs low on energy, plus it's always a good idea to have multiple queens anyway.
Reply Quote
The key is scouting and knowing hes going air. If the ramp is walled off, suicide an overlord. It's worth 100 minerals to know what they're up to.

Generally I get 3 queens in my base every game nomatter what. They are helpful for defense against air (and ground) and while two are spawning larvae, my third is spreading creep. Creep highways are essential for map control so 3 queens isn't a waiste.

You should also have a lair before they have air in your base. Vs terran its a good idea to turn an overlord into an overseer. While spore crawlers can provide detection, you may need mobile detection to protect anything you dont have a spore crawler at.
Reply Quote
plus it's always a good idea to have multiple queens anyway.

Exactly. You can't go wrong with early queens.
Reply Quote
Awesome thanks for that I usually get one queen and then build another at my expo. Ill keep two at my main for now on =D
Reply Quote
The key is scouting and knowing hes going air. If the ramp is walled off, suicide an overlord. It's worth 100 minerals to know what they're up to.

Generally I get 3 queens in my base every game nomatter what. They are helpful for defense against air (and ground) and while two are spawning larvae, my third is spreading creep. Creep highways are essential for map control so 3 queens isn't a waiste.

You should also have a lair before they have air in your base. Vs terran its a good idea to turn an overlord into an overseer. While spore crawlers can provide detection, you may need mobile detection to protect anything you dont have a spore crawler at.

Yea I just played a small map and had an overlord over a players base and noticed a fusion core. Luckily I had hydras already pumping and nydused his workers with lings/hydras. One BC couldn't handle 6 lisks
Reply Quote
Wow a fusion core early game, see now that's another reason to scout scout scout
Edited by gOtnOObed on 7/29/2010 9:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Awesome thanks for that I usually get one queen and then build another at my expo. Ill keep two at my main for now on =D

Keep one at each base, but just be ready to move them to where they are needed. Building creep tumors will speed things up alot.
Reply Quote
Get multiple Queens early... They are AWESOME.

http://www.theuen.com/units/zerg/queen
Multiple strategies with videos on how to benefit with the Queen

They help stop a rush
They help counter early air - buying time for your tier 2 Mutas or Hydralisks
They help spread creep (can't emphasize this enough)
They can transfusion (there's a sick video there of TLO - The Little One - owning up a Protoss player with multiple Queens)... amazing

Hope that helps. =)

Reply Quote
There are many ways to counter early air
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]