StarCraft® II

Myco's Guide to Lower Leagued toss players.

(Sticky)

Awesome, thanks a ton for the info
Reply Quote
Thank you. I will be following this as much as I can.
Reply Quote
Hey guys, I'm currently gold league in 1v1 and platinum in 2s and 3s. Here are a few replays of me.

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/158320-1v1-protoss-zerg-metalopolis
http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/158318-1v1-terran-protoss-backwater-gulch
http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/158314-1v1-terran-protoss-xelnaga-caverns
Reply Quote
Just realized someone translated this to Italian
=)
http://eu.battle.net/sc2/it/forum/topic/1839964344
Reply Quote
Edited by VMSMyco on 4/4/2011 9:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
personally i think this was very helpful for people that are new the the multi player, because i played the first starcraft (broodwar etc..) but didnt buy SC2 till last week. an personally i came into this game not having a clue what i should even start with unit wise, and i watched this past mlg event in dallas andtried to pick up the "Basic's" & have a friend of mine which also plays explain what their doing a lil more in depth. and after watching and reading the information in this post i kinda feel a bit more familiar.
Reply Quote
also man i see all the links i just copy and repost them in address bar an search them?
Reply Quote
Awesome guide ^^

ignore the haters.
Reply Quote
Thank you Myco
Reply Quote
Hello Myco,
I've been thinking about the whole mentor thing, and I was wondering what exactly it entails and how i could contact you. I'm a bronze player I can't move above my rank of 3 or 4. And, I'm having an especially tough time with countering mass mutas, protecting my colossi, and micro in general. Get back to me.
-MuadDib
Reply Quote
Umm basicly,you add me as a friend ingame.
My charcter code is 993.
I will be on for sometime tmrw I guess.As well as sometime friday/sunday.Will be pretty busy on saturday.
Reply Quote
Mycos...thank you for that excellent post.

I'm struggling with my Protoss play style and I will definately put your tips into practice!

Good work!

Cheers
Reply Quote
Thanks for the awesome guide Mycos - I know you put a lot of hard work into this!

Amazing how many people tried to put you down for helping the Protoss community. Maybe they're afraid of the competition you're helping to create, eh? >:-)
Reply Quote
Man, i've been trying to refine my protoss skills ever since i somehow landed in silver. So being a newer player this guide has been a huge help! Thanks Myco
Reply Quote
This is a fantastic guide. I am a bit late getting to it but some of the tips are fantastic. I showed a few of my Starcraft 2 buddies and hopefully they take this advice and can improve themselves. :D
Reply Quote
So you make a guide for people new to the game, and then use a bunch of shorthand lingo that nobody new to the game will understand...

How am I supposed to know when to counter the "hydra" strategy when I don't know what hydra is?

Not to sound ungrateful, but making your guide use more plain language, or at least the full names of units, for noobs like me would help a lot.
Reply Quote
So you make a guide for people new to the game, and then use a bunch of shorthand lingo that nobody new to the game will understand...

How am I supposed to know when to counter the "hydra" strategy when I don't know what hydra is?

Not to sound ungrateful, but making your guide use more plain language, or at least the full names of units, for noobs like me would help a lot.

The guide is actully made towards "Low Level" player.Not players who are completely new to this game.The point for this guide is to help player who understand the game to a extent,but no idea on how to improve.

If you simply have no idea what I'm saying in this guide,I think you should familiarize with the game a bit more.As this guide isnt really one directed towards very new players,but rather less skilled ones.
Reply Quote

if you dont know what a hydra is, please stop playing sc2.
Reply Quote

This is by no means Myco's fault. The fact that you don't know the name of one of the core units in the game is your own fault. Myco can't make you good. He can HELP make you good, but you have to do some homework on your own.
Reply Quote
Awesome Guide, gonna go use the new Strategies and tips now, gold league here I come!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]