StarCraft® II

The Guide to Zerg Guides

(Sticky)

Updated!

11/20/2011 11:13 PMPosted by Salmagundi
I noticed there's a lot of outdated stuff in here now, such as Nerfalisk's timings thread. Might want to look at that if you have the time.

The metagame may change, but basic timings rarely do. The only thing on his list I can see is off is the 4 gate, and only by about 10 seconds.

But I am nearly out of room, so the next time I add more guides I'll be looking for things to cut.

Vibe also has a good stream that teaches alot about zerg play. Watch his games and ask question and he will answer them between matches. http://www.twitch.tv/vibelol

I'm glad you brought that up! I've been watching his stream as well and have learned a TON!
I recommend everyone watch his stream at least once, you won't regret it!

But I don't want to link want to link anything in the OP that isn't up 24/7, so my link to http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/ will have to do.
Reply Quote
After this, one one has any reason to ever qq.
Reply Quote
u think u pro with ur fking diamond ? leme tell u this. i keep farming wins again and over again in 1v1...i ahve 100+ wins in 1v1 and im still silver..im first ranked since 1 month now. i had 652 points + first rank in silver. the game sent me sum diamond and plat ranked and i owned them ALL...can u tlel me this kid ? can u ? tell me why im still sivler kid tell me this...because blizzard is fked up now...last seson i left in a 3v3 game ( i had to get my first game played to be ranked) and i left lol...i got diamond rank...this is annoying. if u so pro with zergs tell me why im still silver.
Reply Quote
u think u pro with ur fking diamond ? leme tell u this. i keep farming wins again and over again in 1v1...i ahve 100+ wins in 1v1 and im still silver..im first ranked since 1 month now. i had 652 points + first rank in silver. the game sent me sum diamond and plat ranked and i owned them ALL...can u tlel me this kid ? can u ? tell me why im still sivler kid tell me this...because blizzard is fked up now...last seson i left in a 3v3 game ( i had to get my first game played to be ranked) and i left lol...i got diamond rank...this is annoying. if u so pro with zergs tell me why im still silver.
Reply Quote
I think you're in the wrong thread.
Reply Quote
yea lookin forward to the rest too check out my site for school guys winningstarcraft.com comments welcome thanks big ups all !
Reply Quote
Idk About U guys
Reply Quote
I think you should add FilterSC's new guide - very solid stuff focusing on 2 base macro first, then starting to extend into more nuance and has an excellent pedagogical approach:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co8yNKYIJc0

dApollo's guide is a good candidate to add but isn't as solid as FilterSC's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux_nslpWqaE
Reply Quote
Thanks for the videos Oddible! I've added them and removed a few dead links.

My laptop was stolen, and with it all the guides I've been intending to add, so anything you guys can throw at me will help!
Reply Quote
Yesterday's "Zerg leak finder" from Day 9's Newbie tuesday is a must too:

http://day9.tv/d/Day9/day9-daily-483/
Reply Quote
They shoulda put in this sticky

"Zerg. This race takes the least amount of skill to play, Learn to macro and you will win most games untill you have to learn to micro."
Reply Quote
They shoulda put in this sticky

"Zerg. This race takes the least amount of skill to play, Learn to macro and you will win most games untill you have to learn to micro."

Oh, didnt know. I thought terran was the do whatever the !@#$ they want race and win.
Reply Quote
hey u should put a tut on youtube or something
Reply Quote
Hehe wow, lots of info! Played a couple games vs. the AI just to try zerg out, think I will look over some of the basics and just play some more before I try any of the fancy stuff ;)
Reply Quote
Coming back to the game after not playing for more than a year. Are all of these guides still relevant? Even the ones written back in 2010?
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 11:13 AMPosted by TheAppleBoom
Coming back to the game after not playing for more than a year. Are all of these guides still relevant? Even the ones written back in 2010?

Specific builds may be out of date, but everything macro related should be the same.
Reply Quote
blizzard currently its pretty much impossible for zerg players to deal with sky toss (aka phoenix void ray tempest and mabye some carriers) the reason for this is because of the tempest insane range can stay out of distance of all zerg ground units (due to the tempest) and just blow the zerg to bits that makes there 3 options for the zerg to do witch currently none of these options are effective. #1 option is to get mutalisk and try to snipe some tempest. this is really really hard considering that pheonix can just kite the mutas and your spire can easily be sniped before you have the chance to get enough mutalisks. the 2nd option zergs have is corruptors witch isnt every good either considering the tempest can out range them easily and void rays with there new prismatic alignment ability rip them apart. the last option for zerg is to get vipers and abduct the tempest into your hydras spore crawlers infestors or what ever. but the problem with that is tempest can out range the vipers and just run away well the pheonix void ray just rip apart the vipers. the soloution for this i would say would to be increasing the life of vipers so they can take the heat and give abduct a greater range to deal with the tempest insane range
Reply Quote
Thank you for putting this together! I've only scratched the surface of what you have posted here and I have already gotten a little bit better. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]