Aiur Chef – Beta Feedback Thread

(Locked)

Quality Assurance
A short time ago we released our first mod maps into the wilds of Battle.net for you, our loyal players, to play and enjoy.

The purpose of this post, and others like it, is to provide a location for you to alert us to any bugs with the maps themselves and to let us know what you think of each of the maps.

Thank you for giving the new maps a spin and we look forward to hearing what you think of Aiur Chef!
Auir Chef: Game end is very abrupt. Once the winner is announced, the screen goes black, defeat messages are spammed and you're punted out. It would be nice to see what the other chefs cooked and some fun stats like decoys deployed, kills, blinds, etc.
i liked it but the part with the ht didnt make much sense but was ggood
Whenever an item is dropped only the person who has done the most damage to the unit should be able to pick it up. Another person shouldn't be able to touch any of your *dropped* items for at least 15 seconds after you drop it, stealing is just so random (who actually gets it) and bmed, no reason to encourage it, especially seeing how you can easily mess up the person in first place by doing it, instead of using forcefield or something else legit like that.
I didn't find it very fun, per se.The voice for the announcer was rather dull. The gameplay itself was pretty much the exact same thing for three rounds, just with different ingredients. I do like the custom models and UI very much, but that doesn't make up for what should be the most important part: gameplay. The camera lock is rather irritating, and the hostile computer isn't challenging. Enemies need a buff, and our chef needs some more abilities. Some sort of cooking sequence needs to be implemented instead of just dropping off materials. Maybe a quick fight against an enemy (different one for each recipe), or some sort of other mini-game. To try and make the game less dull, perhaps have some words of encouragement from the announcer, or random events every now and then.

TL;DR: Aesthetically pleasing, too quiet, too simple, nothing really changes between rounds. Add events, maybe mini-games, more sound effects / music.

I also agree with Karmic; the end is like hitting a wall.

Edit: Just remembered an issue I had that occurred recently. It only happened once, and I was forced to quit out. During the opening cutscene, no words are heard, and where Khala's portrait normally would be there was only static. The entire game was frozen at this cutscene. (though not literally: units performed usual idle animations, players could still chat to eachother.)
Edit2: You cannot hotkey your chef. I suppose I understand why it's not really a problem, due to the camera lock, but since I'm not a fan of said lock..
Edited by Zero on 1/25/2011 8:07 PM PST
Increase the bag capacity to 7 instead of 6

Can tell you how many times i had a hearthstone and went for the big creation for the win because the game was almost over and lost because i had to drop the stupid thing just to come within inches of the creation circle.

Besides that i think its fine. i do agree with the food stealing thing though. that just pisses me off.
This map is really funny and I like the production value. However it doesn't do it for me with the fun factor. I found the locked camera a little annoying since I wanted to look around the map but had to rely on the mini map. It would be cool if you had the option to lock/unlock the camera.

Camera a little bit too close, zoom out a little bit would be better, because the camera is locked, you pretty much have to either spam click on the screen to go to where you want to go, or you have to click on the minimap... but then the icon on the minimap are so hard to see... An improvement would be to set the minimap's contrast higher.

Locked camera kind a suck, never a fan of locked camera custom games...

Also should move the buttons to the first row rather than the last row on the grid.

This game was alright overall, perhaps 6 out of 10.
- Technical Support
I agree. If the camera is locked (going for diablo like gameplay) than the camera angle should at least be pulled back alittle more. It feels claustraphobic at first.
when you killed by a decoy.

It shows a message:"xxxx killed by a !" ,a what?
This game needs a bigger overall goal. Add customers that order different receipts or have battles. Something is just missing.
Aiur Chef ends way too quickly.
best part of this mod is the voice work :), had fun but def not as addicting as Starjewel but that might be a good thing.

had fun, didn't have any issues with the map
I found with more people it was more fun or else you would barely see anybody the whole game and not have any shortage of supplies. I found I had the most fun when I was fighting for supplies but the moves that your chef do get vary so much game to game sometimes you dont get any moves that can stop your enemies (offensive moves; rather blink charge and forcefield)

I think they should add more players to the game with move moves.
The pouch size is also too small. With the random items you do get from making items they should make a different pouch so you could hold 2 and keep 6 slots for ingredients.

Otherwise very fun game.
I love the game, though I wish there were a little variation in the play... Perhaps if there were ability tech trees of some sort (harrassment/speed/attacking could be tech trees users could follow)

really not much to complain, though a score board at the end would be nice. I am always sad when I can't compare my score to other players at the end.
I loved the game, i like the custom design of the zealots and i love the iron chef parody x3.

But...

01/25/2011 5:55 PMPosted by Karmic
Auir Chef: Game end is very abrupt. Once the winner is announced, the screen goes black, defeat messages are spammed and you're punted out. It would be nice to see what the other chefs cooked and some fun stats like decoys deployed, kills, blinds, etc.

this.
01/25/2011 5:55 PMPosted by Karmic

I agree with this part. Plus camera lock was too close for the game.

Had a problem on exit as well. The score screen wouldn't come up for me after the game ended. I just had a blank portion on Battle.net instead of swirly loading screen. Selecting the multiplayer tab again didn't help. Had to restart SC2 to be able to use battlenet again.
I really liked this game but it had too much lag
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]