StarCraft® II

Left 2 Die – Beta Feedback Thread

There are harder difficulties, for those of you who keep asking for additional difficulties!

Sidenote: I got to 73 minutes in Night 2 Die mode, personal best! Stank ends up with 15k hp lol...

Edit: I'll post our replay, but there were some bugs, such as hunterlings all piling up on a platform and not moving.
Edited by Finch on 2/2/2011 8:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
You guys need to add air attacks to the game
Reply Quote
When doing the Night 2 die part. It's way too hard cuz you can't have bunkers due to spotters taking them out and making them useless plus the chokers out range them too. Plus the hunerlings, three can take out a bunker or at least catch it on fire. It's hard to get your base built up in the beginning and unless you do it PERFECTLY with a team mate, You can't last 10 minutes. I suggest more minerals in the beginning or more time to get a proper defense like 5 minutes or something. Night 2 die seems way too short and so does the normal mode. Only difference is Night 2 die smothers you too early and Left 2 Die can be solved with the MM bio ball. I loved the theme of it and the Outbreak mission is still my number one favorite. Hope the suggestions help balance it out.
Reply Quote
Even though this was a fun game, I honestly was hoping for something that was more like left 4 dead like 1st or 3rd person shooters or something. I'm not sure if there are any difficulties right now with doing it, but I think a lot of players are really wanting to play a 3rd person level.
Reply Quote
02/02/2011 9:19 PMPosted by Xombie
When doing the Night 2 die part. It's way too hard cuz you can't have bunkers due to spotters taking them out and making them useless plus the chokers out range them too. Plus the hunerlings, three can take out a bunker or at least catch it on fire. It's hard to get your base built up in the beginning and unless you do it PERFECTLY with a team mate, You can't last 10 minutes. I suggest more minerals in the beginning or more time to get a proper defense like 5 minutes or something. Night 2 die seems way too short and so does the normal mode. Only difference is Night 2 die smothers you too early and Left 2 Die can be solved with the MM bio ball. I loved the theme of it and the Outbreak mission is still my number one favorite. Hope the suggestions help balance it out.

Actually, bunkers are quite useful and I used them the entire game. 3 bunkers at the beginning choke will suffice until you manage to place command centers in the front to soak up damage. You can research goliaths by the time spotters show up, so there's no problem there. Even before researching goliaths, you should have a sizable amount of marines to deal with spotters. Those 3 bunkers are good enough to take out the hunterlings too, provided you have at 2-3 scvs repairing those bunkers at any given time. Once you get tanks, the game gets much easier from there.
Reply Quote
Super fun and neat. The spending of biomass was a little confusing at first but I ended up giving it to my partner. Because of this, I noticed that the trading resources tab would benefit from a single click and hold to speed up the process instead of spam clicking to pass over 50 minerals/gas each click. Keep up the great work!
Reply Quote
Has Brutal been beaten yet? If not, me and my friend did (I can post the replay). But as a master/diamond team; it was extremely hard. Given that terran isn't our race (I'm Protoss, he's Zerg) it was really fun though.

DAMN it feels great to have beaten it.

It would be better to have 2-3-4 player maps and opportunity to expand and also implementing the other races would be nice.
Reply Quote
This mod looks really fun, but i cant find it anywhere in the custom games place
Reply Quote
Too easy to beat on the kill structures mode.

For Night 2 Die, my favorite, the nydus worm is too hard to fend off, as in it's too powerful and the stuff the comes out is crazy. Lags quite a bit, too.

Also, there should be a leaderboard for the survival time!
Reply Quote
Me and my RL freidn thoitt played this alot. its really fun. The chokers are REALLY a pain, but if you have tanks your more or less good to go. The only problem I have is that its way to easy to hold out. A good idea to solve this would be the difficulty settings like on campaign. Overall 8/10=Almost Epic.
Reply Quote
There is already a thirs person shooter out! We need first person versions! i can tell you the name of the third person if you want me to. i cant remember ill have to look.
Reply Quote
WAAAY to easy...Tank makes defense a breeze and reapers just gg the map in a 1 or 2 rounds.

Here are some of my suggestion:
1. Enhance the difficulty.
2. Up to 4 players.

Now here's a side request:
Since you made a multiplayer version of outbreak, perhaps we can have a multiplayer version of:
-In utter Darkness
-All-in
and -Break out - 2v2/3v3/4v4 mode =).
Edited by Gijian on 2/5/2011 8:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
Really fun, but it needs to be WAAAAYYY longer and WAAAAYYY more difficult.
Reply Quote
WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too easy. Blizzard! Please add difficulties like casual, normal, hard, brutal, insane, and impossible!

Also... Maybe throw in some special units that are not seen in the campaign. :-)
Reply Quote
To everyone that keeps saying that it's way too easy: there is a difficulty drop-down toggle at the first screen before you load the map. This option has been live since day one. Also, please read the whole thread before you post.

Brutal is sincerely difficult, but beatable. Most reasonably skilled players should be able to beat Normal on their first or second attempt if they've played the campaign. Night 2 Die is crazy hard, and I challenge all the people saying that the map is way too easy to post screenshots of N2D longevity, or it didn't happen.

My suggestion has a lot to do with the tuning on Brutal difficulty. It felt through several games that the first 2-3 evenings were by far the most difficult, but once tanks can be acquired, everything gets reasonable, and by the 5th or 6th evening most of the enemy buildings can be destroyed with a decent team.

I might suggest either toning down the first few evenings (sets of 4-5 Hunterlings on each side are "Brutal") for consistency, or else make the Biomass farming more of a punishing process. As soon as the player starts amassing Biomass during the day with ease, it's just details and the game is really over. The infested bunkers were a nice touch, but what if there was more classic Zerg resistance during the day, or if creep caused movement to slow and/or damage over time to biological units? How about having a Stank and a Nydus at the same time occasionally? What about Banelings as anti-MMM during the day? I liked someone else's idea of bringing back Lurkers, too. Maybe allow scanning through the Science Center for coordinated attacks on the infested buildings and burrowed units?

Also, on N2D mode, making an actual time-limit ("Rescue team coming in one hour.") and a theoretically possible victory would make the level a lot more attractive. Most of us gamers would probably go for it more if we could get an achievement for beating it rather than just the pissing contest of screenshots of longest lasting team. Make it so difficult that no one can beat it for a year of theory-crafting if you want, but I think the impossible victory piece is demoralizing to a lot of people.

I love the random nature of the level, though. Never quite knowing if you'll get a pair of spotters, half a dozen hunterlings, or a stank at any point really forcers the player to not just create a defensive formula but to constantly think on their feet. This is the most fun that I've had with SC2 since I first played through the campaign immediately after release. Thanks for creating another fun map, Blizz! :)
Reply Quote
I really enjoy this mode with a friend that I know. Like playing the campaign level with a friend.

Perhaps in a future version the swarm can regrow over night or infest more buildings, or something.

Also, since massing low tech units is pretty acceptable, perhaps having the swarm react to that by sending out a counter... thus encouraging people to diversify more.

Like I said though, very fun, I hope blizzard makes more coop maps like this.
Reply Quote
I'm not a Terran player ...
It would be nice if I can choose Protoss to play.

In general, good job Blizzard!!
Keep improving
Reply Quote
It is a fun concept but I have a few problems with it

1.) Early on it's hard to even start up, I think all the three times I've played, I've been fine until a kaboomer or spotter showed up and made my bunkers useless

2.) I haven't even survived more than two rounds on casual which is just sad so please nerf the damn specials besides hunterlings

3.) Get rid of spotter's ability to cease building functions, if one or more shows up my early bunker defense is toast

I'm sure once you get going and off the ground it's no problem but I get taken out way too early to actually enjoy the game
Reply Quote
My friend and I got to about 78-79 min on night 2 die... any1 beat that??

It seems that u can't last much longer than that since we ran out of gas to repair our Planetary Fortresses...
Reply Quote
Its a bit easy...Keep the difficulty the same but send more of the Stanks..chokers...hunters etc. Nydus will be a pain in the ass but do what you can to increase the difficulty. Id like to see more of a variety of special enemies as well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]