Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
Overall I love it. Great idea, great implementation. Here are things I would change:
- 3 of 5 is just too much! My fingers are sore after playing especially if it goes into that fifth game! 2 of 3 would definitely be enough! I agree with previous posters who suggested voting on number of rounds as a possible solution too.
- If you can find a way to make it so you can drag to swap jewels instead of clicking both, that would be grand!
- I can't tell if you're rewarded for making matches of 4 or 5. I think that would be a nice little extra... maybe send out 3 marines at once if you match 5, or 2 if you match 4... or maybe an extra boost in energy? Matching 5 in this game is a rarity and should be rewarded.
Thanks for making this custom map. I LOVE that SC2 continues to be developed, both by the community and by Blizzard. So often you pay more for a game than it's really worth, but the fact that SC2 is getting this much support just further solidifies my confidence that my buying the game was a good move!
very much second Thander's observation. This deselecting issue combine with the often lag occurrences ruin the game for me =(
If you would, a 1v1 option would be very popular I imagine.
I agree with selecting the match length and auto adding an AI for a dropped player, just having an extra body spamming marines and a unit push here and there is better than the 30 minutes I spent slowly losing to a 2 man team we were mopping up in the first two rounds.
Also, I would like to state that I would willingly pay for a polished version of this game in PSN or Xbox arcade, consoles can't really get the rts love and this would be a great way to spend time with my rts friends who also play on the consoles.
excellent excellent map. there were some great suggestions here such as the mouse drag to move gems and audio cue when a new unit is available to purchase.
definitely the best of the 3 maps!
also, if you click furiously, you can start moving your pieces BEFORE the guy says GO. the timing is a bit off for this, and allows people who know that you can start early to gain a slight advantage. (getting the first colossus out is a pretty big advantage imo)
Best of 3 would be perfect for me as a solution to the people saying that the games are too long.
Yeah, I got those boxes too.
1. The lag at the beginning is ridiculous.
2. Not having a matching system sucks.
3. Not being able to play 1v1 sucks.
4. There are not enough units.
5. Marines shouldn't constantly spawn. You should only send across units that you make.
6. Having an energy cap is unnecessary.
7. Games take too long; make it best out of three.
8. If your partner leaves, you lose. In actual SC2, having a partner leave is somewhat of an advantage, since it's easier to coordinate everything.
9. Other than that, this is a lot of fun! I hope it gets lots of fixes before it actually comes out.
1 As everyone says, far far too long.
2 Non-tanks don't do any reasonable amount of damage to photon cannons (partially responsible for 1). Sure this should be the tank's special thing, but others should do more than now. Watching a colossus that i'm healing do almost nothing to a cannon for 30 seconds or more.. zzzz
3 too annoying to puzzle effectively while operating the buttons to spend energy. Large combos could provide a very short-term surplus. Or you could make it less bad to not be able to respond rapidly to a push (probably wrong.. I think pushes should work better)
4 AI settings should have an effect (easy / insane ,50%/ 100%) Some of us are terrible at this *raises hand* and would rather not practice on an extremely grueling long long computer match
First off I got to say I love this game Blizzard! Thanks
1. Games can drag on for too long, 30 minute rounds are very tiring especially how its set to best of 5 games. Please make it best of 3 games.
2. 1 marine per move sounds good on paper but it just doesnt work when you can literally make 10 moves in 5 seconds, marines as of now are annihilating things that they shouldn't.
Make 2 marines for every 5 moves this would shorten round times and overall make the game more enjoyable.
3. There should be a few more spells I dont know what exactly but give the players more incentive to use them rather than spamming more units.
4. Tanks and Immortals should *@%% the Photon cannons
5. When your partner leaves the game it should make a sound and show a big message, my partner has left and I never noticed till I was getting steamrolled. Replace with Medium AI.
6. Drag to Move pieces instead of having to click twice.
7. 1v1 Option would be awesome and 3v3.
8. Another map with different feel and maybe a couple new twists like multiple paths, destructible rocks, destroyable set pieces.
I had been enjoying starjeweled until 2 days ago i started getting unbearable lag. I've been getting 2-10second delays when clicking blocks and it barely gets better the further i get into the game i get. I can't figure out why its happening, as i can play other custom maps and regular multiplayer games perfectly, yet starjeweled feels like im getting 0.2fps (despite fraps suggesting im getting a constant 50-60fps). I've tried reinstalling graphics drivers, un-overclocking my pc, turning speedstep off, tried older graphics drivers, tried turning the graphics down to minimum. Nothing has made a difference.
the system in question:
asus P5E motherboard
have tried 10.12 and 10.9 catalyst drivers
Anyone else having/had a similar experience?
Someone mentioned that the constant flooding of marines makes the counter system not as effective. I have noticed this as well. Getting banshees, mutas or immortals to counter colossi and ultras seems like the natural choice, but in reality they just get owned by the marines.
A possible fix for this would be that each of the different kind of gems releases a different unit. One would release marines, one would release zerglings, another zealots. Other gems could release marauders, roaches and stalkers. This would make some gems more valuable than others and give players more to consider while matching gems as well as making the units that are normally countered by marines more viable to get.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.