StarCraft® II

StarJeweled – Beta Feedback Thread

well that sucks. Im not playing anymore starjeweled till that gets fixed
Reply Quote
Game is retarde with that bug, and is frustrating and boring with it.
right click steal unit.
Reply Quote
So that's how it was done. Just happened to me. My partner and I started a game where one of the opponents left just a second before the game started. We fully expected the other to leave right away so we didn't exactly give it our all. Then we realized that our units were turning on us. We were convinced the opponent used a hack. We were losing to the one player. We really didn't expect to hang around long and it turned into a pretty nasty game. We decided to not give it to them easy and did everything could to draw the game out.

We massed low tier units because they were harder for them to take control of. We still lost in the long run but the other guy had to really work for his win. I would have rather moved on to a new game right away but the guy decided not to leave.

If it's a bug, it has got ot be fixed. The game goes from awesome to sucks if that is the case. But if it is game hacking, then it has to be stopped. I am so sick of people cheating in the game. What's the point of playing if you have to win that way.
Reply Quote
The heal spell doesn't work on immortals. Well I mean it should give them their shields back. Not sure if someone else has posted but I thought I would.
Reply Quote
Yeah I just saw this happen to me. Saw my units turning thinking ??? I thought someone was hacking. No wonder my side wasn't getting anywhere despite matching lots of combos. Definitely a big bug.
Reply Quote
had the same thing happen last night, did a search on google and found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXfA-c74w9U

Blizzard, you really do suck sometimes... 250 energy to steal a unit that costs 500 to build, lol.

D'oh?
Reply Quote
Starjeweled is excellent IMO! I'd like to see a little more variety and hard counters. Also, it seems like there may be a balance issue, in that I was playing a few games last night and oft times the opponents both had great chains and a lot of energy while I was stuck with just chains of 3. Also, there seems to be some server conn issues, I was dropped twice... Other than that keep it up!
Reply Quote
Oh wow! That's why I was losing last night! That spell where they could steal, that's so jacked ! Blizz fix now! That's not cool!
Reply Quote
2 things- game takes too long if both teams have even skill levels

- "bug"- at about 400 energy u can right click the opponent's unit and control it for a while of time...messes up many games
Reply Quote
Plain and simple: needs more players in 1 game, needs more stuff in 1 game, needs more everything... maybe even like mazes and stuff.
Reply Quote
That bug killed the map. Either fix it or I'm not playing that map again, ever.
Reply Quote
Fun game but you really have to fix the bug.. getting units taken over is cheese
Reply Quote
Husky from youtube found that mind control bug and he posted a video.

http://www.youtube.com/huskystarcraft#p/u/1/k4l4jmOhW2w
Reply Quote
02/08/2011 11:58 PMPosted by Hero
Knowing blizzard this problem is pretty small potatoes I wouldn't expect a fix anytime soon. Remember when zealot frenzy was featured and you couldn't play it for a month?

You couldn't click the featured one but there was another one if you looked down the list. That wasn't a bug you were just dumb.
Reply Quote
The game is completely unfair for someone whose partner quits or drops the game. Not sure what it does, but it's not sufficient. I like the idea of an AI picking up the slack. One that's about the same difficulty as the person who left.

Also, teams are rarely balanced. But when they are it takes forever. I would agree that counters are too soft.
Reply Quote
I may have found the source of the bug. Using the Editor, I opened the Starjeweled map (anyone can do this by going to the battle.net tap when you go to open a file and search "Starjeweled") and looked in the Data section. There, I noticed the Infestor has the exact same ability layout as the abilities under the Jewel Board in the game. In the Infestor's abilities, I found the ability, "Mind Control", with energy cost 250. It might have been a test ability that didn't get removed, or an easter egg that severely breaks the mod.

Hope that clears up everything.

Edit: Well, what do you know, they already removed it. I guess this post was useless then.
Edited by NerdyTB on 2/9/2011 6:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
Are there going to be ladders for Starjeweled? My friend and I have been playing for a while and we rarely lose. We want to be able to play teams at our same ability all the time.
Reply Quote
I may have found the source of the bug. Using the Editor, I opened the Starjeweled map (anyone can do this by going to the battle.net tap when you go to open a file and search "Starjeweled") and looked in the Data section. There, I noticed the Infestor has the exact same ability layout as the abilities under the Jewel Board in the game. In the Infestor's abilities, I found the ability, "Mind Control", with energy cost 250. It might have been a test ability that didn't get removed, or an easter egg that severely breaks the mod.

Edit: Well, what do you know, they already removed it. I guess this post was useless then.

so does that mean the "bug" is fixed?
Reply Quote

so does that mean the "bug" is fixed?

Yes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]