StarCraft® II

Macro each race to 200/200 in 12-13 minutes

(Locked)

I just was thinking about the current state of balance for this game and I decided to run a quick little test. How long does it take each race to get to 200/200 supply?

Each one of these tests was my first try so I am sure it is possible to do it faster. And also the unit compositions that you end up with rushing for 200/200 are not ideal for many situations obviously. But here is the results of the tests:

Zerg 13:15 minutes. Ended up with 71 drones, 48 roaches, and 32 lings.

Terran 12:49 minutes. Ended up with 79 scvs and 106 marines.

Protoss 12:07 minutes. Ended up with 81 probes and 57 zealots.

Now what surprises me here is that zerg, the race which I thought would easily win here actually turned out to be the slowest to get to 200/200. It also ended up with the lowest drone count and the biggest army size which I find to be surprising.

Terran actually maxes out to 200/200 faster then zerg which REALLY surprises me. Terran also had a higher SCV count, which makes this kind of play impractical because I don't think I would ever want 79 SCVS in a real game considering I already had 4 orbital commands at this point.

The protoss actually maxed out insanely fast at 12:07. Which I kind of figured protoss would be just a little faster then terran. I guess chronoboost is pretty good. However the protoss ended up with 81 probes which I also find to be to high.

Overall I am suprised to find that zerg is the slowest to max and protoss is the fastest. However I feel that this kind of play style still best suits zerg because they can tech switch so fast with 4 hatcheries and they had the lowest drone count.

Would be curious to see if anyone beats these times and posts a replay just so I could see your approach to macro.

Here's the replays if anyone is interested:

ZERG: http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=details&id=189298

TERRAN: http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=details&id=189300

PROTOSS: http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=details&id=189301
Eh its a pretty shallow test of anything. For instance, Protoss 200/200 army is signifigantly stronger then Zerg's, yet zerg can rebuild quicker and etc.

But I'm still surprised Zerg didn't max out first, Zerg if not fearing attacks can put all its income into Drone production which can make its economy huge, I ffeel like something must have been done wrong if it didn't max out first, regardless of whether that maxing out first is as strong as other races
... only the zerg army you built requires any gas. This proves nothing.
Why would you make any Zerglings or Roaches when you can just make drones?

Cost the same as 2 Zerglings, gives the same supply, and can also mine.
yea exactly, why make anything other than workers since they are 50 minerals per 1 supply.
If you have time, you should try testing max speed to 200/200 on 1 base with 30 workers? Or maybe to 100 or something. That'd probably at least be relevant since you're getting gas, and have regular saturation.

Zerg 13:15 minutes. Ended up with 71 drones, 48 roaches, and 32 lings.

Terran 12:49 minutes. Ended up with 79 scvs and 106 marines.

Protoss 12:07 minutes. Ended up with 81 probes and 57 zealots.

Are you seriously trying to make any conclusion off these unit combinations?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]