StarCraft® II

No Asians!

I just realized, being half-asian myself, that there have never been any major characters in the SC campaign or unit portraits that were asians. No hispanics either. The majority of them are white, Warfield and Cade are black, DuGalle, Stukov, and the battlecruiser were/are russian, Narud is french (i think, tell me if i'm wrong), the thor is austrian (stereotype)... Where do Asians and Hispanics come into this picture???
Reply Quote
maybe only white people were exiled from earth in the first place?
Reply Quote
Ybarra (the guy wearing a bandana and fatigues in the Cantina) is clearly hispanic. As for asian people, you can see a few of them while Horner is browsing through New Folsom's records.
Edited by JohnnyZeWolf on 2/21/2011 7:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
Why does everyone always have to bring this up? Seriously. Starcraft II doesn't need all colors of the ethnic rainbow. If it doesn't have it, it doesn't mean that they're racist.

Oh, and there's a few Asian names in the New Folsom convict list, an Asian person in the cantina, and one of the main characters in Uprising is Asian. Need anything else?
Edited by Arcaniel on 2/21/2011 7:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
There appeared to be asians on the lists of liberated people released from Folsom prison after to help Tosh save his specters. dunno if that counts towards much since its like a 3 second clip.
Reply Quote
In original starcraft opening movie, one of the salvagers is Asian too.
Reply Quote
02/22/2011 7:59 AMPosted by Bubalight
In original starcraft opening movie, one of the salvagers is Asian too.

He just happens to talk like a Mexican is all
Reply Quote
I've mentioned that there's almost no Asians in SCII. The game is famous in KOREA, and there's very few Asians. Seems kinda dumb on Blizzard's part, if you ask me.

On the other hand, there's other things to be worrying about than this. I'm Asian and I say that.
Reply Quote
It's racist to think that every game/media should have an ethnic rainbow.

Think about that.

Also, look up the definition of racism. It's persecution, and Blizzard did none of the sort.

/thread
Reply Quote
The zerg ate all the asians.
Reply Quote
02/22/2011 7:52 PMPosted by yoki
I've mentioned that there's almost no Asians in SCII. The game is famous in KOREA, and there's very few Asians. Seems kinda dumb on Blizzard's part, if you ask me.

Blizzard is an American company. They are in no way required to tailor their game to the regions in which they become popular. While they of course want their product to become popular everywhere, you can't expect them to create a different game for every region. Otherwise, you could argue that the Beatles should have dropped their Brittish accents when they moved to the U.S.

02/23/2011 12:21 PMPosted by Tornado

That's why they're so good, ya know? Zerglings got the ninja genes and Hydralisks got the shurikens....

Regardless, I'm tired of people demanding "equal racial representation" in everything they see. That's like saying the African American clubs should be required to have white, Asian, Native American and Hispanic members, otherwise "they're racist."

-M
Reply Quote
The asian presence is implied. You can tell that Stetman is getting thrashed on his gameboy on the bridge of the hyperion, undoubtedly at the hands of a Korean.
Reply Quote
02/23/2011 12:21 PMPosted by Tornado

They will just be hungry again in an hour
Reply Quote
Why does everyone always have to bring this up? Seriously. Starcraft II doesn't need all colors of the ethnic rainbow. If it doesn't have it, it doesn't mean that they're racist.

Thank you! Everyone needs to grow up.
Reply Quote
02/21/2011 7:12 PMPosted by Arcaniel

yes it does. In today's society, being politically correct is the ONLY option... Even if it's bull sometimes.
Reply Quote
I think the Spectre looks like an Asian when he takes his helm off.

As a Taiwanese, I don't think we have to be angry 'bout this.

I mean, put in Asians when the plot needs it.

We can't simply add Asians into the story just because there're many Asians playing here and no Asians in the storyline. Otherwise, we might also need to put in Latin Americans, penguins and stuffs ~
Edited by Ferik on 2/25/2011 5:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/23/2011 4:08 PMPosted by Soozi
The asian presence is implied. You can tell that Stetman is getting thrashed on his gameboy on the bridge of the hyperion, undoubtedly at the hands of a Korean.

Good eye, Soozi!
Edited by Ferik on 2/25/2011 5:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
All the Protoss are Korean, didn't you know?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]