StarCraft® II

Piercing the Shroud??

Have done all the missions, but I can't find this one to complete my achievement in the replay list. What gives?
Reply Quote
They should probably pin something at the top of the forum about this.

Do the media blitz mission (difficulty doesn't matter - casual is fine) while you're stomping the dominion into the ground with your metal boots mosey over to the right side of the map and find the "science facility". Do what comes naturally and grab the glowly that drops. When you finish the mission piercing the shroud should be on the list.
Reply Quote
Pickle is correct the facility is bottom right of the mini-map across a small bridge...BUT You can only do this map when your playing the campaign, so hope you have save from there or haven't passed it yet or else you have to restart the entire campaign over.
Reply Quote
Wow, really? I had the same problem. Thanks guys.

..wait we gotta restart? goddamnit.
Reply Quote
What I want to know is: Will the 'you have to restart from scratch' be fixed in the next patch, or is it planned to remain as it is?

I want to get the brutal achiev, but I don't want to play through all of them on brutal unless I know that I can do it all.
Reply Quote
Since I've beat the campaign I can't do this mission?? WTF?
Reply Quote
It's a secret mission. Just load a save point prior to media blitz and play through it to unlock the mission. (all your saves are located in your sc2 document folder)
Reply Quote
I had this same problem, i didn't need to load up a save point BEFORE media blitz, i nearly needed to load up any save point before starting the final Char missions. Just go to the mission archive and select media blitz and then you'll have no problem. it will NOT work if you already finished the campaign. I hope they fix that in the future.
Reply Quote
Okay so I loaded from a save and did the mission, but still didn't get the achievement. How do I get it to upload my achievement?

Edit: Also, I've gone back and done other mission but I didn't save it when I beat the game. How am I supposed to go back there and do any mission I want or watch cinematics from the end? Did it seriously lock me out completely?
Edited by NastyNate on 7/29/2010 7:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Can we get a blue on this? Just wanna know if its a bug or do i have to start all over? Thanks.
Reply Quote
I'm not sure why everyone is saying you have to do it during the campaign. I did it after I completed the game by replaying media blitz from the mission select menu.

When you beat the game it creates an autosave that you can load that will give you the mission select menu. Do media blitz from there and it should unlock piercing the shroud.

I also did 3 alternate missions from that menu.
Reply Quote
I'm not sure why everyone is saying you have to do it during the campaign. I did it after I completed the game by replaying media blitz from the mission select menu.

When you beat the game it creates an autosave that you can load that will give you the mission select menu. Do media blitz from there and it should unlock piercing the shroud.

Perhaps they fixed it, but 24 hours ago or so, I went to the mission select menu, played media blitz, got the secret document, finished the mission, went back to the mission select, and saw no change. I had to go and restart the campaign. (Good for picking up some of the achievements I missed, I guess).
Reply Quote
Quoting one of my posts from earlier:

After finishing the campaign, you can still access the secret mission without completely starting over!

If you look through your recent auto-saves, you should be able to select one from onboard the Hyperion just before the Char invasion. Load that up, go to the mission archive console onboard the ship and fly through "Media Blitz" on casual while remembering to destroy the science facility at the bottom right-hand corner of the map. Once that's done, you're back on-board the Hyperion and the Star Map will have the secret mission unlocked.
Edited by Cheese on 7/30/2010 1:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Doh, I misremembered. I did the 3 alternate missions through the menu, but I did reload to do the bonus mission. It all kind of blurred together in my memory.
Reply Quote
Quoting one of my posts from earlier:

After finishing the campaign, you can still access the secret mission without completely starting over!

If you look through your recent auto-saves, you should be able to select one from onboard the Hyperion just before the Char invasion. Load that up, go to the mission archive console onboard the ship and fly through "Media Blitz" on casual while remembering to destroy the science facility at the bottom right-hand corner of the map. Once that's done, you're back on-board the Hyperion and the Star Map will have the secret mission unlocked.

So if you do this, then do you have to redo all the char missions to complete the campaign again? Or will this make Piercing the Shroud show up in the list you already have? I'd rather not have to redo ANY mission, with the exception of Media Blitz.

It would be nice to get some sort of response from an admin about this. I've looked in like 10 threads about this issue and none have given a definitive answer.
Reply Quote
"Campaign Saves have been optimized" does this fix anything for this?
Reply Quote
Sorry for the necro, but there has been so much on this I cant find a definitive recent answer without reading through 1000 pages of other posts, all of which say the same stuff from mostly 2010.

Bottom line, I just went thru the campaign for first time (Havent played RTS game since WC:Frozen Throne!) and read about this secret. In my missions list, it says I done 25/25. The isnt that supposed to say 25/26? Or did they remove it totally from the recent updates?

I will prob play through again on a harder level once I practice some more, but I just want to make sure first if this secret level still exists, and if anyone found a way to actually play it without going through the whole campaign again.
Reply Quote
In my missions list, it says I done 25/25. The isnt that supposed to say 25/26? Or did they remove it totally from the recent updates?

It means you only unlocked 25 missions and did all the ones you could do. You are missing a single mission which could be Piercing the Shroud. I would go through the archives and see if you did that mission.

But instead of that, I decided to go through your profile. Not only are you missing Piercing the shroud, you did not do Ghost of a Chance or Belly of the Beast which are the alternates of the missions "Break Out" and "Shatter the Sky" respectively.
Reply Quote
Sorry for the necro, but there has been so much on this I cant find a definitive recent answer without reading through 1000 pages of other posts, all of which say the same stuff from mostly 2010.

Bottom line, I just went thru the campaign for first time (Havent played RTS game since WC:Frozen Throne!) and read about this secret. In my missions list, it says I done 25/25. The isnt that supposed to say 25/26? Or did they remove it totally from the recent updates?

I will prob play through again on a harder level once I practice some more, but I just want to make sure first if this secret level still exists, and if anyone found a way to actually play it without going through the whole campaign again.

It only says 25/25 until you unlock the hidden mission.
Reply Quote

There are actually 29 missions, You are missing the two alternative missions, Ghost of a Chance and Belly of the Beast. You should be able to play these from the Mission Archive.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]