StarCraft® II

Hydralisks...

never seen anyone complain about a hydralisk before.
Reply Quote
07/29/2010 03:04 PMPosted by Tweaker
Seem ridiculously strong in this game. I'm aware they are now tier 2. but just in general they seem way too cheap and powerful and are pretty effective versus almost anything in the protoss race.

Never play Brood War.
Reply Quote
2 COloosus = dead zerg
Reply Quote
Hyds are sexy...as long as you have a meat shield for them. Never use vs colossus :-) EVER
Reply Quote
Are you kidding me?...Hydras suck so !@#$ing bad off creep. If you seriously are dumb enough not to scout the zerg army with your OBS and see Hydras, and don't react well enough to counter them, you don't deserve to play this game.

Against stalkers , yes they are good, but only if you dont have blink or any micro control.

Well we all see why now...

(Not ranked)
Most Played Mode
1v1
Total Career Games
Most Played Race
Protoss
Edited by Trance on 11/8/2012 11:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
And it begins
Reply Quote
A few hydras can really help, but its hard to afford the corruptors you need to keep collosi numbers down, keep moving to hive/get infestors and then get broodlords. Too much gas usually. Because hydras insta die to 3 or 4 colossi with thermal lance, each hydra makes your composition that much more immobile and brittle. Suddenly you will find yourself with no hydras still facing 3-4 colossi and wishing you had enough gas for infestors corruptors and broodlords, and finding you can only pick 2 out of 3, or that your hive was delayed. Whatever goes opens a huge vulnerability in your late game.

If thats not the case you were already winning and playing standard will close the deal just as effectively, while preserving more mobility (well more than if you aded hydras). Slow !@# hydras suck and are too squishy, cost a lot of gas and require you to delay/weaken your late game. And if you grt forcefielded into a box thry can die very quickly. They have suck low hy one misclick or good positioning by uour opponent can see 500 gas vanish in a second. Unlike mutas they cant wisk across the board to deal with DTs either and god help you if you dont have detection and those are on the battlefield.

TvZ they can clean up drops, but why not PREVENT drops using mutas which can also snipe tanks and harass - hydras can't.

ZvZ they are ok if you are doing r v r to add dps, but infestors are as good. And if the other guy gets boods they become insta worthless again. They sure as hell don't have blink! They cost gas and are immobile, unlike marines or stalkers.
Edited by TheG on 11/9/2012 3:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
guys this thread was posted 2 years ago
Reply Quote
But hydras still suck.
Reply Quote
11/08/2012 07:03 PMPosted by Nightwolf

Well the thread is from 2010. People complained about everything.
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 12:26 PMPosted by Rathelm

Well the thread is from 2010. People complained about everything.

This part hasn't changed
Reply Quote
It may seem hydras are strong from what you've seen so far but in truth they are very lacking right now. They tear through most gateway units, until you get zealots with charge. In the rare cases your opponent actually goes hydralisk make colossus.
Reply Quote
07/30/2010 12:56 AMPosted by Birdy
What's the zvz counter to hydras?
Lings
Reply Quote
except colossus 2 shots them with upgrades and even though their dps is enormous they're actually weaker then 2 stimmed marines and barely break even with a stalker in a 1v1 due to the stalkers having better hp/shield pools
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 10:41 AMPosted by kavinh
except colossus 2 shots them with upgrades and even though their dps is enormous they're actually weaker then 2 stimmed marines and barely break even with a stalker in a 1v1 due to the stalkers having better hp/shield pools

^
This.

Two marines are cheaper than a hydra, tier 1, smaller collision, have a higher combined hp, and have higher dps. Marines are actually the primary issue with the Terran race as of day one. Marine imbalance is not game breaking, as smart players will know when to commit to a fight.

That being said, marines have been pretty OP since the day this game was released.

I had to laugh at the additional "anti zergling" units Terran is getting in HoTS, as if it was necessary. Meanwhile Zerg gets another weak-unit spamming caster, lol.
Edited by Slyther on 11/13/2012 11:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hydras would be better if they weren't light and had range out of the gate. I don't get the idea of offering an upgrade that you need to make the unit viable. All this does is delay using them and if that's the case then it's an issue of poor balance.

Found this quote in the Infestor thread. I think it's pretty spot on. Delaying a unit's use by making it unusable until you get an upgrade is a balance tactic that I think myself and many many other's find frustrating. If it gets to this than you've done something wrong.
Reply Quote
Too obvious.
Due to the obviousness of your trolling, I actually chuckled, so I'll give you a 3/10.
Feel honored.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]