StarCraft® II

Zorca's Text Adventure Story Parallel

Posts: 3,056
((Zorca's Text Adventure: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2222192984
Zorca's Text Adventure Two: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2228423573
Zorca's Text Adventure Three: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2228414501
Zorca's Text Adventure Four: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2267576784 ))

((If text is in [ ] that means it was a command given in the adventure.))

You are a normal human civilian on a colony. You've heard rumors of Zerg appearances on your planet. You live in a normal home, with the normal propaganda. Just like everyone else, you work a job, make a living, and entertain yourself with whatever it is you do.

You've just gotten home from your job, and you put your coat on it's rack, and your briefcase on the counter.You're golden retriever greets you, and you pet it affectionately. Sometimes you feel he's your only friend on this outcast planet. You look around your cluttered living room, the fireplace and it's coal prod, you're TV in it's corner, and your tattered couch. You open your refridgerator, looking through it, pouring some juice and opening the freezer. Just some frozen meat. You close it again, picking up your juice and walking to the couch. You sit down, pressing the remote TV on button, when you hear screaming outside.

You walk all the way back to your kitchen, pouring out the orange juice and putting soup in the microwave. You're juice is now WASTED. You grab beer.
You hear more screaming outside now. You're TV babbles on about infomercial stuff.
----------
[INVENTORY]
BEER
CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP

You try to scoop at your sink, but the juice is already gone, never to return to your presence again. The screaming continues.
----------
[INVENTORY]
BEER
CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP

Beer in mouth you walk to your door. You mourn the loss of your orange juice, and you open your door. You see dead people littering the streets, although no trace of what actually happened. You stand there bewildered.
Laced with sorrow, you try to pretend the massacre in front of you isn't there. You down your beer, talking to the dead people saying "Ahh that's the stuff". If they were alive, they'd give you weird looks.

In your drunken state, you imagine a race of pointy eared and blue humanoids. You decide to walk down the street in hopes to find a house of them. You trip on a dead person.

---------
[INVENTORY]
Chicken Noodle Soup

[Decide the dead person looks tasty and put it in the stove back at home.]

The dead person is too heavy for you. You try to lift him up. At this point you're smashed, and you hear a screech down the road. You're hands are covered in blood, although you pick up an arm from him. You put it in your briefcase, deciding it's good enough

----------
[INVENTORY]
Chicken Noodle Soup
Severed Arm

You take out the arm and start gnawing at it. A chunk of raw flesh is swallowed and you feel positively ill. You walk down the street, bloody army in hand, sort of Z-walking across the road in a drunken and crazy state. You wonder what sort of marvels will be there. You step over the mass of dead people carefully, they all appear to be torn up.

You continue with your drunken hobble, stopping to throw up on a dead person. Eating raw arms isn't safe, apparently. After you're done vomiting, you decide to finish the dead person off, defecating on him. After that, you start further walking towards the screeching. It is getting later, and darker.

You stop , deciding before walking head first and looney into the screeching, to see what tools are available. The dead massacre is starting to get thinner, and you see one of the bodies had tried to defend itself with a newspaper. A look to your right and you see a broken mailbox post, a look to your left and you see a garden hose. You stop to think about what to do, scratching your chin with the severed arm.

You drop your severed arm onto the ground, and pick up the broken mailbox post. You feel it's wooden texture, getting a splinter. It seems like it might make a good weapon if you need one. One end is pointed like a stake. The screeching starts to get more quiet, and dim wails are heard.

-------------
[INVENTORY]
Chicken Noodle Soup
Broken Mailbox Post

Post in hand, you continue to walk down the road. The wails get louder and the screeches stay about the same. Interpret what that means as you will. The blood here is fresher, the bodies littered on the streets ripe with fear in their cold faces. A husband and wife are found with each other in their dead arms, hobbled together until their final moments.
You momentarily stop walking towards the ailing cries, to roll around on the blood pool of the dead couple. You're now soaked in blood, smell nasty, but your chicken noodle soup is protected by your briefcase luckily. Your stake is also covered in blood. You look up to see what looks like the local military's drop ships.

[Look for communication device of some kind]

No communication devices are around you, just the remains of dead people, and whatever lawn ornaments spotted lawns.

[Throw severed limbs at dropships.]

You try to barrage the dropships, however they are waaaaaaaaaay too far away((Should of specified that sorry). They just fall to the floor in someone's yard.

You decide sound travels farther than arms, and scream to the dropships to come help you!

You see one coming towards you, miraculously.

[Flip them the bird and bathe in blood again.]

They don't see that, but they arrive on the scene. You grin and wave at them. Marines rush at you, tackling you the blood soaked man with bloody stake, surrounded by dead people. You're on the ground, disarmed and your briefcase a few feet away now.

[Try to Explain the Situation]

You swear to the drunk you aren't dominion. After this you explain you heard screeching , so you went outside to investigate! You took the post as a weapon, you tell them. They ask why you're covered in blood.

[You tell them that it's ketchup because you were making KD with your animal
friends. ]

You've already explained the situation, and they decide that you ARE drunk. A marine grabs you and lifts you up, another one taking your briefcase. They start walking you back to the dropship. You still hear a now far distant screech.

You ask the marine squad what the screeches you hear are. They all just solemnly look at each other, shaking their heads and quietly discussing things among themselves. They then turn to you and say "swamp gas".

[You ask if swamp gas is tasty.]

The marines facepalm unanimously, one of them bumping you on the head, calling you a loon. They start walking up the ramp, when a dark dot appears down the street, coming towards you. A screech is heard in that direction.

You cast your eyes from the dot, back to the marines, asking about how you can become one of them. They say that you could start training soon , if you were serious about it. Another one says that they doubt schizophrenics would do well, and another just mutters something to himself. The last marine glancing towards the dot, though he says nothing, and keeps on walking up the ramp.

You say you think you see something down the road, but the marines ignore you, telling you to be quiet. With the little spectacle you put on they don't really put much into your words. THe dropship ramp closes. It hasn't lifted yet, and you're set down. You're in a hangar with the other marines.

[State that I'm serious about becoming a marine (maybe then I'll learn what that dot and all of that screeching was)]

A marine speaks to another marine, saying "Jack why don't you talk to this guy"

Jack, you now know his name, says "If you are serious, then when this dropship returns from where it came from, we'll get you to a recruitment office." He says nothing more, just glancing around at the marines. You sit around for a while silently, one of the marines peering into your briefcase, seeing the soup and deciding you're mental.

Thud thud thud


The dropship door is hit against, Thud thud thud.
That thing on the horizon, must be doing something to the door now.
You stand up, and the marines make no move to stop you, they just slowly walk towards the door.

[Grab one of their gauss rifles while they're distracted and open fire on them and the door.]

Their firm robotic grip keeps it in their hand, and the marine you attempted to steal from backhands you a few feet backwards. You now have a bruised arm.

[Ask how you can help]

They motion for you to shush.

Thud thud thud

A marine inches towards the door opener lockpad, starting to dial.

It's so quiet you could hear a pin drop, it is eerie. What is on the other side of that door?

Thud thud thud

You rush to the wall-bench a marine had sat on, picking up your wooden stake.

Thud thud thud

Beeeeeeeeeep

THe door slowly starts to slide open.
[(surely there's a hand gun or something around?)

Cower in corner (not much else to do :P)]

You look around, realizing a stake miiiight not be the best weapon. You rush to a corner, stake in hand like a barricade. THe door opens fully, and you see a mutilated woman, crying. She sobs, and the marines stare at her in a shocked state. She forces out the words, saying

"Down the street.. there is a ton of..--" She is cut off, as a tentacle bursts into her cranium. She loses all life, and as if a puppet, rushes up to take a swing at a marine. Confused, he locks up, not sure whether to fire or not. Jack makes his decision, brutally backswinging the woman away, shooting at he until she's just crumpled remains. The tentacle burrows into the ground, another marine quickly closing the door.

[Ask Jack what that was]

You ask the lead marine what happened. He replies, saying

"Honestly son, I don't.. I don't know..I think it's -" He looks bewildered at your next action.

[Attack marine with stake.]

Your stake bounces off the marines combat suit. He growls at you. As he's about to swing at you, you feel a sharp needle penetrate your skin at your neck. You get sleepy, everything turning black as you pass out. You hear faintly, a female voice..

"Let's leave now"

[ "ok!"]

You mutter okay , passed out.
--=-=-=-=-=-=-=
You blink your eyes open. Must of been out for hours. You're sleeping in a bunk, the blood washed off you. A slight headache ails you, probably a hangover. You roll out, and no one is in the hangar. Judging by your senses, you're probably in the air. Chatter is heard behind a door at the far end of the hangar, and you note your briefcase laying on the floor. The door of the dropship is covered in blood.

[ Eat noodle soup.]

Your stomach rumbles, and you realize you never ate dinner yesterday. You open your briefcase, taking out the chicken noodle soup. Luckily it was preserved well, and you start drinking it like a liquid from the bowl. It's very cold, but still fills your stomach none the less.

[Head towards chatter (after eating soup)]

You close your briefcase, leaving it on the floor and walking towards the door to listen in. You hear tidbits of "Planet was overrun" , "So many dead", "Our own forces nearly useless". You try to decipher this, although it's fairly obvious what they are talking about.

[Put bowl on head.]

You walk back to your briefcase, putting the dirty bowl on your head to protect against that tentacle thing. You walk back to the door, and the same conversation goes on.

[ Inquire some more about becoming a marine]

You figure out how to open the door, walking through it. You see a medic driving the ship, and she turns to say "Ah, you're awake. Didn't think my little treatment would last that long." Jack also turns, waving at you.

You ask about that marine position, and Jack replies, "Well, we're currently back on a recruiting planet. You slept a long time bud. When we land we'll talk to some officers, mmk?"

[ Flip him the bird at hit on the medic.]

You're drunkness wears off, and you decide that's a stupid idea. The marines look back out the window, and you watch.

[Examine landscape]

You walk up next to the marines, looking through the window. One steps away from you, still not sure of your sanity.

The drop-ship is clearly moving fast, and you appear to be over a lush forested area. Waterfalls occasionally pass under you, and you hear a faint roar momentarily. You smile at the beauty, and look at the medic, quickly looking back away at the landscape. You occasionally see a building now, although it is still thickly forested.

[You ask what happened while you were out cold and while you were drunk last night.]

Jack speaks up , "The Zerg happened, boyo. They overtook most of the planet in one night, you're lucky you were alive. Not sure how you are to be honest. And while you were knocked out? We just went through space some and arrived on the planet we're flying over now.

[ You take the bowl off of your head]

You remove the bowl, holding it awkwardly. THe marine that had shuffled away from you , comes closer again, feeling safer. The drop-ship starts to slow down, and the forest gets less dense, more buildings popping up. On the horizon you see an actual city.

[Inquire about the condition of the crew and soldiers on the ship while observing the actions of the Medic]

The medic pilot responds, "Ah we're doing fine. We mopped up some zerg in another town, and that's when we came to you. Saw a guy waving, went to investigate, and here you are. We're all healthy, don't worry. Our team works well.

[Ask about when you will be landing and if you can get something
substantial to eat. Also, facepalm because you left your TV on?]

You inquire about landing time. Flying makes you just a bit ill. Or maybe that's the severed
arm talking, you aren't sure. While you're thinking of the arm incident, you remember you left the TV on. You frown, realizing your electric bill is going to suck.

The medic replies, saying " 'Round 10 minutes, get back in the hangar now."

You also ask about food, and the medic tosses you a pouch, marked "BattleMix"

You walk back to the hangar with the other marines, fastening up as Jack teaches you how.

[You try to take a rifle for protection. (Can't be to safe after what you remember from last night.)]

You take a rifle at the wall, and all the marines put up their combat shields, less out of defensive formation, and more out of fear of the crazy man handling a gun. Jack just smiles at you , saying nothing.
------------
[INVENTORY]
BattleMix

[ Inquire about the contents of BattleMix.]
You open the BattleMix..

[ Eat battlemix and lay down ]

You start munching on the trailmix like food, although you can tell it's been enriched and vitamin modified to give you a boost. You are unable to sit down, strapped in a sitting position to the wall, because landing is soon.
Over the intercom, you hear "Five minutes until landing, sit tight"

[ Brace. Mentally establish that you might have to ditch to survive.]

As the dropship starts to lose altitude, you wonder about your choice. Maybe you should of just asked to go to a nice civilian emergency home.((Beh couldn't think of a word. I mean a retirement home but for people who lost their homes in invasions or something))

You ponder whether it is worth it to leave this squad and not become a marine.

[You put the gauss rifle down. (Still feeling weak, you couldn't carry it for long w/o a powersuit) You ask Jack when they will be landing in an attempt to get him to stop grinning about your futile attempt to carry the gun.]

The gauss rifle is set down, and your arms are sore. Jack chuckles at you, and you smile meekly.

[ Grab the medic, give her a goodbye smooch, and jump.]

You think back to the medic who put you under. She's however behind a metal door, across the hangar that you're strapped to.
The dropship suddenly starts going straight down, and you feel vertigo. The marines seem fine, but you are disoriented once the dropship stops traveling quickly down.

[ After some thinking, you decide that it's not like you have much to go back to and don't change your mind.]

The dropship landed, you make your decision. You'll enlist to be a marine. After all your planet is probably gone. And being a refugee doesn't sound very fun.. The pilot door slides up, the medic walking through. The marines all unbuckle themselves, and you start clumsily working to remove your straps.

You eventually manage to get out of your straps, and a marine has already opened the hangar bay door.

[You ask where is the camp]


You ask Jack where you sign up, and he simply says to follow his squad. You all exit the door, and you're in some sort of building. THe drop ship must of gone through an opening and closing roof. The Squad is walking to a nearby hallway. Boxes surround the circular room, dotting the walls occasionally. You see doors next to the hallway, and then more doors in the hallway itself.

[Ask what is your team's objectrive.]

You ask what the squad is up to, and Jack replies again "Most of it is not something I can tell you. I can tell you our job is massacring the zerg wherever we can"

[You bend over and hurl from the vertigo. You look up to find an unhappy medic. (she is also covered in barf.)]

You vomit, the floor being spattered by your barf. The team frowns, but continues to walk, you stumbling towards them.

[ Ask if and why they believe Zerg are int he vicinity.]

You ask Jack and the squad about the Zerg. After all, this is apparently a warzone, and you think you're in a military base. He replies saying yes, there are zerg and they do lurk out in the forest. He says not to worry though, because the might of the military has kept them at bay. You keep walking through the hallway, passing doors.

[ Briefly turn to peek inside one of them. Then catch up and ask "So if the military is so mighty, why haven't the Zerg been exterminated already? Don't you have enough firepower? Tanks for example?"]

You dart away from the group for a moment, taking a peek in the window of a door. You see mech, and suits for terran infantry. You grin at the amazingness of it all, dashing back to the group. Pondering all that power in the room alone, you ask why the Zerg are still alive, what with all this firepower, and things like siege tanks.

A marine says "Ohh the Zerg are crafty . They are very large in numbers, outnumbering the combined might of our military by quite a lot. They can also burrow, and some of their mutations can fly!

Jack nods , agreeing, "I wish it were as simple as exterminating them. But they cover much of the Koprulu sector. It's not that easy, and they 'reproduce' I guess you could call it, very fast."

The hallway takes a turn , you following it. STill more doors, although at the end of this hall is a larger , special door that seems more exquisite.

[Search the area for any debris that can be used as a backup weapon.]

You decide that paranoia is going to get the best of you. What if the ZErg are here? You glance around, seeing a small crate on the side of the hall. Otherwise, it's very tidy.

[You try to peek inside the crate.]

It's locked.

[ You ask if the suits that you found are of any use. Also ask if anyone has any mech training.]

You ask about those suits and mechs you found. Jack replies again, you can tell he has
authority. "Those are for high personnel, but the ones you saw aren't in use. THey need to be worked on by our engineers stilll"

[Walk through the exquisite door]

The squad walks up to the door, dialing some things in on a keypad, they all wait.

[Ask about becoming a marauder instead]

Jack replies, standing outside the door as airlocks loosen and it starts to open , "Sheesh aren't you excited. This will aaaall get talked about behind this door"

[Peek at the code the marines are typing. Then scan the room for air vents.]

The code is already typed, although the glove hand obscured it. The hall definately has air vents. You tap your foot, waiting for the door to finish. It does, and inside is what appears to be an office of some sort.

[Raid the room for any info of who owned the office. Also, search for pens for your collection.]

THe room is full of people, with one larger desk with a seemingly important man sitting behindi t. Stealing pens is probably bad. You do see on the far wall however, "TerranCorps" painted neatly.

[Say "Epic door for an office..." Hope to see a hot secretary.

Really, there's no appropriate action except for: Look around.]

Jack just smirks at you, acknowledging your amazement for the office.

THe office definitely belongs to important people. Paints of military victories against zerg dot the walls, and it is hustly and bustly.

You stare at Jack, looking for guidance he presumes. He motions you forward, walking behind you as you walk to the main desk.

[Talk to the seemingly important man.]
Your group arrives at his desk, and the man frantically starts talking to Jack, "Mr. Stokovich, No civilians in here! This is classified! Ooh if the General saw this!"

Jack replies calmly "Relax, he's here to be recruited. We rescued him from the zerg attack on Sector Z26

The desk guy calms slightly, forking over a stack of papers, "Have him fill these out, and get him somewhere less.. here! I don't know just shoo!"

Mr Stokovich, AKA Jack, nods, handing you the papers. You accept them and he starts walking with, motioning for you.

You turn, grabbing a pen from the desk. The desk guy, who you presume is old (and he is overweight), grumbles at you, and you dart back to your group. THey duck into a room, you following them. It's a secluded room, and you get to work.

You wonder why you didn't simply ask for a pen. You decide the old man scares you.

You fill out the form
FORM:
NAME: Rokan
LAST NAME: Saxon
PLANET: Sector Z26
EMPLOYMENT UNTIL NOW: Laser-miner assembly
FAMILY?: Dog (probably deceased)
CIVILIAN NUMBER((Social security): 332-754-4242
Signature - Rokan Saxon

You finish filling out the form, nodding at your work and standing, telling Jack you have to go to the restroom, and turn these in. He motions for his team to split and do whatever, then walks with you. You take a bathroom break, relieving yourself. Back to the office with Jack you go, walking up to the Desk.

[Ask to become a War Pig ]

The Old man grumble to himself, saying that's for veterans only. He does ask you what you want to be , military personnel wise, however.

You decide in your head you want to be a Viking pilot. You tell this to the old man, saying "I think I'd like to learn how to fly and shoot big missiles. Y' know, a viking".

Instantly most of the marines (who had come out of that form room) interject, knowing how nuts you were. Jack silences them all, and the Old Man fills in the information. He nods at you, saying "Be here by 6:00am sharp tomorrow morning!". You back away, nodding, now even more scared of this grumpy man.

Jack and his team walk off , motioning for you to follow. You're in a different hallway, although it's similar to the last one, this one is less empty and more inhabited.

You walk into the barracks, Jack patting you on the back, "You got put as part of our Squad. Lucky you. Now, get some rest, you'll need it.

You first find a fridge, opening it up and getting some much needed refreshment, although you go with a light beer. You set the alarm that is on the wall, and fall asleep.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

You wake up, stretching and looking across the room. You're team is already awake and suited up, sitting one some couches chatting. It's 5:30, like you set your alarm.

You ask your team for orange juice, they simply laugh, motioning you to the fridge. You grab some, chugging it down. You get into your army uniform ((Suit)), in the changing room. ((It's a multi-sex barracks))

You frown, comparing yourselves to the other men in the room. You scramble to put your uniform on. They got a head start, yeah, that's all. You'll catch up.

You look at your watching, seeing that it is 5:50. You quickly shuffle out of the MEN'S CHANGING ROOM, and you see your dropship friends leaving the barracks. You run after them.

You wave your arms around in excitement, and another marine bonks you on the head to quit it. You're all walking down that lively hallway back to the big office. Other people are coming out of their barracks, and you look around in amazement. Is this what a military life is like? It isn't so bad.

You go into the officer as the clock rings 6:00, approaching the large desk. He nods at you, muttering "Good, you know how to tell time" You smile awkwardly, then he hands you a map with directions, telling you to follow them.

The map tells you to go west, through a door, down a hallway, then left, then right, then right again, and then through a very large door . You wave goodbye to Jack, him stating you gotta go there alone.

You wait , door is still closed. You are sort of standing outside the crowd, occasionally getting a weird look in between the chatter of groups talking.

You glance around. The crowd is of varying physical attributes. They all seem interspersed though, no cliques have formed yet. You still stand with a couple of other loners outside the crowd.

You wait, it still doesn't open and the crowd still talks. There are some open spots , with other people appearing to not be talking to anyone either. You're so lonely, oh so lonely. Occasionally you think someone is going to talk to you, but they don't. You sit on the wall by yourself, waiting.

[you inquire about the rumored protoss, but you use Brotoss as if they were you friends.]

You walk up to the crowd, deciding to make conversation. THey just raise their eyebrows, wondering what rumored Protoss you are talking about. (You are talking right now to two men , and one woman, all strangers to you. All of the crowd is , actually)

[make out with the hottest women in the room]

The hottest woman in the room is too far in the crowd, surrounded by men.

[ Try making some friends]

You awkwardly look at the 3 people in front of you, saying hi and telling them your name and all that. They share theirs, the names being for the men, "Isaac and Clark" ((There ya go, Discux, I used em)). The woman is Maribeth.

[ ask maribeth how old she is]

Maribeth slaps you. You can tell you probably won't get along too well.

You ask if Isaac and Clark have any cool things to show off. They just shrug, saying nah, their just normal recruits. They say that this is the Viking bay, although the Commander here appears to be late.

As he is saying this, an important man with a tux walks forward, unlocking the door, stepping through briskly and nodding at the crowd with a stern face. It hushes instantly.

You listen to the Drill Sergent, not asserting dominance because you'd get made a fool. He barks at the crowd to form 20 single file lines in front of the door, and there are about 100 people in the crowd. You start shuffling. Maribeth, Isaac, and Clark all appear to go to the same line.

You decide not to go into any lines, and try to walk to the Sergent. He death glares at you and you shuffle back to find a line.

[you ask Meribeth for headsy and join the line in front of her. you tell her you glad to actually have a friend in this bunch]

She glares, saying that she'll decide who it more dominant. She shoves you behind her, and you just sorta walk into place in front of Isaac and Clark. You do say, however you're glad you have a friend. She steps on your foot. The Drill Sergent starts talking

“ALRIGHT, Most of you are new recruits here! You are going to understand, that -I- am the top dog! You respond to -me-, Got it?" The crowd replies unanimously "Sir yes Sir!"

"Good! Now, everyone follow me, and stay in your lines!"

He turns briskly , marching away.

You try to step out of line, but Isaac, Clark and even Maribeth pull you back in . Maribeth mutters "Don't be stupid"

You march with your line, the other lines surrounding you. You walk into a large hangar, and you notice murmuring of amazement from the crowd. It seems like everywhere there are vikings. The lines halt, and there is a lot of bumping into each other from everyone around, probably from not paying attention, due to the vikings. The Sergent stares at everyone, then speaks , pointing at each line from left to right (Your perspective) as he does

"This line is Platoon 1."
"This line is Platoon 2"

And so on, and so on, until he names your line Platoon 7. He orders each platoon to a different place, telling your line to go to Quadrant E

You go to Quadrant E, and it's a cavernous room. You notice you aren't the only Platoon here, and you see another group of people in the opposite corner. The room seems to be empty, actually, and once your entire Platoon is in, the doors close. You scream "PLATOON 7 IS NUMBER ONE WHOOO!". Maribeth steps on your foot again, and you go silent. Each platoon is just sorta looking at each other awkwardly.

You glare at Maribeth, deciding it's revenge time. You raise your foot up, bringing it down when she steps out of the way and the Drill Sergent walks in. He glares at you, and yells for everyone to gather around him. He walks to the center of the room.

You tense yourself, waiting for the Drill Sergents words

"This, is going to be a war simulation! Platoon 7, go to the far wall. (He points to a wall marked 1). Platoon 8 , go to the opposite. (He points to a wall marked 3).

You charge to the wall suggested, your team walking behind you giving you weird looks. After both Platoons are on their walls, the Drill Sergent yells, from the door he came in from

"Weapons Show".

Suddenly, the wall folds, and a gun slides out for each platoon member. They all ready up, staring at the enemy platoon on the far side of the room.

"Landscape, generate random"

The room shifts, Some part of the floor rising into ramps, walls, and other things like it. You can't see to the far wall now because of things in your way.

"Battle commense" ( A sound of the door shutting his heard)

You hear a thunder of footsteps, your platoon confusedly running out with their weapons.

You wildfire everywhere, screaming. Your platoon yells at you to stop misfiring, and you see one of them fall to the ground. Oddly, your gun didn't shoot bullets. You're not sure what happened, or why the person fell. You're still standing on the wall, holding your gun. You've down one of your own, and you hear more shooting now. But you see no bullets from anyone else either.

[ shoot the other platoon with your gun]

You decide to try to shoot at the other platoon, but none are in sight.

You observe the battlefield. From your perspective, there seems to be a central hill in the middle. In front of you is a ramp,some stairs, a door like structure, and a barricade like structure. ((Not all one thing, but sort of like different obstacles/areas to go))

You take aim , standing on the wall still and looking for the enemy platoon. You notice when the battle started your uniforms changed colors.

Gun fire is heard around you, and you finally decide to move from your starting wall. You climb up the nearby stairs, and you can get a better view of the battlefield. You're in a sort of sniper nest, shaped like this
....____
.../ ___|
../ /
./ /

From this sort of safety nestle, you can see the battlefield is shaped like a double U, terrain wise. Each opposite wall is the top of the W, and the center of the W is the hill you saw earlier. From your vantage point, you notice lots of people dropping below you. Taking note of the colors, your team is a light teal, the enemy a dark red. There is a giant fight, and you note the battlefield appears symmetrical, so naturally across from you is a sniper nest with two people, both picking your team off. Below you see your team is losing a fight, in the 'right V' of the W. Once again you notice that although they drop to the ground, there are no bullets or blood.

You decide to help even the odds, taking aim at the enemy sniper nest. You fire quickly twice, being kicked back but hitting your mark. They crumple out of sight, behind the wall they were standing behind. You look below to see part of your Platoon surrounded and being gunned down. Someone else is walking up the sniper nest opposite of you. All you see is the person's head, and it's female. You are still alone in your nest.

You decide to shoot at the people surrounding your platoon , over shooting the mysterious sniper nest woman. You look down, picking people off. They now start to form a concave line around the enemy. You take aim to help more, when you hear footsteps behind you.

You turn around, and see you're about to be shot by a dark-red uniformed enemy. He raises his gun, then drops to the floor. You're bewildered, and you think the shot came from behind.

You turn around, and see in the enemy sniper nest, in Maribeth. Looks like she saved you.

She simply smirks, sniping off the last of the enemies below her, where the concave attack was happening. Your team has one that section of the fight, and they split up to pick off stragglers. Maribeth runs down her ramp. Behind you is the presumably paralyzed? man on the floor, on the ground way beneath you (falling distance) are a lot of people laying on the ground, from the giant battle. You still hear gunfire so you presume it's not over.

[Moon the sniper lady.]

You think about exercising dominance over Maribeth, but realize that you'd get shot most likely, and your uniform is too hard to get out of.

You run down the sniper nest stairs, turning corners and navigating the battlefield. You come to a halt, a door on your right, and a door on your left. Forward is a dead end.

You poke into the left door, and see that it is a small room. On the other side of it is another door. There are two downed men here, one from each platoon. As you walk across the room, you hear "Battle Over. Platoon 7 has won." from the intercom. Suddenly the room starts shifting back to normal, and everyone is slowly standing back to their feet. As everyone nods at teach other, giving their congratulations and what not, the walls shift, and turrets surround the room. You hear a countdown "3..2..1". Other people are evenly dispersed, figuring out what they are going to do.

You rush into the middle of the crowd, using them as a sort of human shield. They start firing, you being protected from the inside. You see other people that got the same idea as you, also in the middle area of the crowd, firing at turrets. You occasionally see a turret be disabled. Maribeth steps to your left, using you for cover from a turret.

You go prone, forming a bunker from the paralyzed bodies around you. The turrets seem to be even with your two platoons, half of them destroyed and half of Platoon 7/8 downed.

Maribeth is now to your side, crouched and firing.

You fire at turrets, as they notice you they are quickly disabled. You ask Maribeth to help you, and she just prods you with her foot. You decide to see if there are any tricks to disabling these rather than just firing at them. You look up to see a blinking green light, and you fire at it. Of course, no bullets come out but it stops blinking, and all turrets go into the wall.

As everyone is standing, the Drill Sergent walks in angrily, speaking quickly , "Which one of you hit the command console? The tech in your gun that lets it know when it's "gotten a hit" interferes with it!"

He scans the room, and Maribeth smirks at you, mischievously.

You try to defy Maribeth before she can rat you out, bravely jumping and yelling, "It was me! I did it!".

Maribeth gives you a look of surprise, and an approving nod. The crowd murmurs, and you are the center of attention. The Drill Sergent walks right up to you with a stern look, then says "Good use of your surroundings, you have a good eye." He turns, walking away "Dismissed for today, back to your barracks".

Maribeth's jaw drops, and the crowd is still eyeing you over. You walk quickly to catch up on your way out of the battling room, telling him figuring it out was too easy. He snaps at you , saying "Don't get cocky boy! Next time I'll make sure it's harder!"

You shuffle away, following the rest of the platoons who also had finished their battles out of the giant door, into the intricate system of hallways. You're supposed to be going back to your barracks. You notice Isaac, Clark, and Maribeth walking in the same direction as you about 20 feet away.

[check the time]

It's 2:00pm.

You shuffle through another hallway, just sort of following the crowd back until you get to your barracks. Maribeth , Isaac and Clark are still near you, and you presume they live in the
same barracks.

You zig zag through the walking crowd, going up to Isaac , Clark, and Maribeth. You ask Maribeth if she wanted to hang out in your barracks. She narrows her eyes, preparing to stomp your foot, when Isaac speaks up, "Sure".

Maribeth looks angered, but she clears it, grumbling and walking with you and her two friends now, following behind you as you head to your barracks. Clark asks you why you decided to be recruited.

You reply, telling him about how your colony planet was overrun with Zerg. He frowns, nodding and saying sorry for bringing it up.

You start to get annoyed by Maribeth's dislike for you, the thought of killing her crossing your mind. You quickly erase it, remembering you're not a horrible person. You arrive at your barracks door, walking in with Isaac, Clark, and Maribeth. It seems to be empty for now. The couches are empty, the fridge in the kitchen area just like normal.

You ask Maribeth what's wrong with her, and why she is so mental when it comes to you. She slaps you across your face, Isaac and Clark chuckling amongst themselves. Everyone is still standing inside the entrance of the Barracks. No windows are in it. In one corner is a kitchen, along a wall are some couches with a mounted old TV. The bunks are on one of the walls, which is to your left. To your right are two doors, each going to the changing room for each gender. A camera monitors activity in each corner, including one watching the doors to the changing rooms.

((Basic map:))
|--------------------
|b......C.........k|
|b...................|
|b...............CR|
|b.....e________|
b=bunk
C=couches
k=kitchen
cr=changing room
e=entrance

You walk over to the kitchen, your entourage following you. You grab a beer, downing in then turning to Maribeth. You ask her seriously why she dislikes you. She just sort of stares at you for a while, then shakes her head. "Doesn't matter, now I'm hungry. Get food now"

You look at Maribeth, pointing at the fridge.
After pointing to the fridge, she glares and you decide to not try. You open your fridge, tossing her a beer and a sandwich. You then give the same to Isaac and Clark, them thanking you as you do. You ask your entourage on why they decided to be vikings.

Clark replies first, saying that he used to pilot a plane on his home planet.
Isaac next, saying he just thought he'd enjoy it most.
Finally Maribeth, saying 'because missiles are awesome, any more questions?'

You get your own sandwich, biting into it as you look at the entourage.

You look at Maribeth, a stern look crossing your face. You say "Hey, look. Stop with the hostilities, we don't need us fighting each other while some Zerg rip us apart."
Isaac and Clark glance at each other uneasily. You keep talking "Stop with the attitude."

Maribeth seems surprised at first, but then gives you a light shove back, glaring.

You backhand Maribeth, and she stumbles back, gasping. She rushes to go for a kick to your crotch, but Isaac and Clark hold you back. You glare at Maribeth "Stop trying to fight me!"
Maribeth yells "You ..garrgh.." She just glares, then you see a marine move into the room, walking towards you guys with a purpose.

You kinda smile awkwardly at the marine, saying "Why did you come to this room, hehe."
The marine opens his visor, turning out to be Jack, and picking up you and Maribeth in each hand. He walks to the center of the barracks, throwing you in opposite directions, you closer to the bunks and Maribeth closer to the kitchen. He then growls "No fighting in my barracks. I want you three to leave." He looks at Maribeth, Isaac, and Clark. He looks at Maribeth, "If I see you acting like this towards my barracks men, it won't be good for ya".

The three scramble out, Jack now looking at you. "And you, need to control yourself and not fight back! Or you'll be out of the army faster than you joined it!"

You say to Jack that Maribeth has been incessantly provoking you since you met her, stomping on your feet and shoving you around.

He replies, saying "I don't want to hear it. You should of been the bigger boy here and not assaulted her. That's a warning from me, do it more and you -will- have an expulsion.

Jack turns from you, heading into the kitchen and opening the fridge.

You're still on the ground from being thrown.

You ask him to give you a beer too, and he growls "You've already had one, you need to be sober for your training. So no."

You head into your bunk, the time being 2:20pm now. You close your eyes, falling asleep
from the rigor of the battle training. You're apparently not very strong.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

You awaken at around 4:00am, everyone else in your barracks is asleep.

You quietly slip off your bunk, walking into the changing room and getting changed. You go back to your bunk, opening a compartment and grabbing a watch. You slip out the door, eyeing your map.

"MO", "SR", "B1(Through)B50", “BR”, "WR". They appear to be acronyms.

You stand outside the barracks doorway, eying your map in thought.

You decide to go to the thing marked BR. THe hallways are empty, and you eventually come to the area marked BR on your map. It is a door, and doesn't seem to be locked.

You attempt to kick at the door to open it, hurting your leg. Trying to kick a metal door down wasn't your best idea. It would of been cool for others to watch, if you hadn't of hurt yourself. At least no one is around. You open the door, peeking in. It's pitch black. You stand half in the room, half out.

Creeped out, you fall to the floor shaking and twitching. You regain composure, slowly walking in..

Drip..drip..drip


The sound echoes through the room.

You unzip your pants, being prepared for this kind of thing. You walk forward, walking into a wall , then going around it. You pee on the floor, although it mysteriously makes a noise like
it's hitting water.

Drip..drip..drip


You look around the pitch black room


Drip..drip..drip


Out of fear you lightly thud your head against the wall to your left.

You run out of the room , bumping into things as you do. Yu run into a light switch, turning the room lights on. You're standing in the doorway facing out. Behind you is the room you were fleeing from.

You turn slowly, eerily.

Drip..drip..drip


You turn around and.. IT'S A BATHROOM! You notice the wall you smacked into was a stall.

You also notice you managed to pee in a toilet.

You angrily turn away, can't believe you were deceived like that! How dare the bathroom!

You pull your map back up and decide between:
"MO", "SR", "B1(Through)B50", "WR". They appear to be acronyms.

You walk towards SR, walking passed closed doors as you get there. After maybe 20 minutes of walking, you arrive at a door. You check your watch. It is 5:15 am.

You walk in, and it's pitch black. This time you realize there is a thing such as light switches.

You are supposed to be at the Viking Center at 6:00am

You flick the lights on and note this is a shooting range. It's rectangular, with you on the bottom midpoint of it. On the far side are the rows and stalls for each person to shoot at.

Farther out are the targets. On the far right wall you see a little thing that looks like a restaurant counter. You think this is where the person in charge of this place would stand.

To your left are cubbies. A sign, illegible from here, appears to be on the counter. No guns are out, and behind the counter are some locked lockers.

You look around, trying to find a key to those lockers. There is none, and it is most likely on the Officer who runs this place. You hear footsteps from outside of the hall. You're still standing just inside the room.

You hurredly flick off the lights, running and diving over the counter, hiding behind it.

The footsteps arrive at the door, the person flicks the light on. There is no talking from this person, or multiply people. You aren't sure. Judging from his footsteps he is walking towards you.

You poke your head up over the counter, seeing the man, alone, walking towards you, not seeing you though. He twirls keys.

You break under pressure, screaming, although silencing yourself quickly. You try to hop over the counter to get away, but to no avail. He orders you to halt and identify yourself.

You nod , quickly stating, Rokan Saxon sir! You say, "I'm just here to see what this is, that's all! You cower away. The man nods at you, "Alright, I believe ya. Get back to wherever you need to be though! Stop lurkin'. "

You start running to the barracks. By the time you get there it's 5:45. You facepalm, realizing you have to be at the Viking Bay. You run there, getting there at 5:50. There is the crowd there again, and the closed door. You see Maribeth, Clark, and Isaac on the far side of the crowd.

You walk up to the 4 of them, waving. Clark and Isaac wave, and even Maribeth, putting on a weak smile. You're able to tell that she is putting an act on. They look at you , waiting to see if you say anything.

You look at Maribeth, glancing down momentarily, then looking back at her, "Nice battle skills out there yesterday, you saved me from that guy."

She nods, smiling with the same fake smile, "Hehe, yeah. You could of been a goner. You should watch your flanks and back better.."

You scratch the back of your neck.

You nod at Maribeth. "Hey, I'm uh, sorry about yesterday. I shouldn't of let myself get angry"
She nods in return, although it's a curt nod , "Yeah yeah you're forgiven. Don't hit a
woman."

You smile feebly, "Hehe, right. Unless it's a Zerg queen. Sooo~ How have you all been?"
They all shrug, saying nothing.

You ask the two men if they were friends with Maribeth. They both nod, replying and saying they all came from the same planet, and enlisted for the same role.

You look back to Maribeth,saying "About that battle yesterday. I killed a -ton- of Platoon 8. Mhhhm, you should learn from me."

Maribeth replies with a competitive look, "Next time we do battle we'll see who gets more kills then, eh?"

You wait for the remainder of time until 6:00am. The doors open, and the crowd starts shuffling in.

You walk with your friends, and tell them that you think you should get served turkey
sandwiches at training. They just sigh at you.

Everyone is settled in the Viking bay, and the Drill Sergent looks at everyone expectantly, wanting them to do something..

You force out the words "Ready to take orders". He just shoots you a look, then continues looking at the crowd with a disapproving glare. He hints "Same as yesterday, maggots!"

You speak up, yelling, "Get into Platoon lines"!

The crowd melds in to chaos as everyone runs around getting into place.

You get into your line. After awhile the other Platoons are in formation and you stand quietly in the main room of the Bay. He points to Platoons 8,9,10,2, and 1, saying to go to the Weight Room. He points at 3,4,5,6, and 7, saying to wait here. As the other platoons head out of the bay, he then speaks again "3 and 7, Quadrant A., 4 and 6, Quadrant B. Platoon 5, stay out here.

You motion your line toward the Quadrant, moving in along with 3. You all walk in, going to opposite walls like last time. You stand quietly, and happen to be next to Isaac, Clark, and MAribeth.

You study the opposing team . Judging by their size you think it'll be an even match. Maribeth , Isaac and Clark are talking about strategies around you , and the battle hasn't started. You figure in other Quadrants there are slower people.

You nod at Maribeth, "Okay, we need to get in the sniper tower and take people out. We seem to be the most adept." You'd relay this to your team but they're too far , and it'd take too long. Looking at Isaac and Clark, you say for them to try and sneak around the back and flank. Judging from last time your Platoon is going to probably attempt a concave attack again.

Maribeth interjects, "Wait why should I snipe! I can sneak, I did last time!"

I didn't see any of our Platoon members sniping. You're the best we got.. but -fine-. Take an escort, so we have an extra sneaking.

She grabs a person near her by the ear, pulling him to her and telling him to escort her while she sneaks.

The battle starts abruptly, the terrain shifting to the same W. In front of you is a ramp,some stairs, a door like structure, and a barricade like structure.

You motion for a few members to get behind the barricade. They nod, getting into a defensive position. You run up the sniper staircase, and see no one in the opposing case. So far no one has come onto the center hill and surrounding area.

You stand readied, when at the same time one enemy appears in the nest, and 3 more running on the center hill.

You decide to fire at the enemy sniper first. He ducks behind it, dodging your invisible bullet. The people are running down the hill on your side, and coming up the hill are the rest of the enemy team. Your team is also running out from the top of their side of the W, apparently having waited to try and ambush.

You decide to let the sniper stay behind cover , firing at the enemy team as the run through the hill . THey tumble backwards, when suddenly you drop to the floor, your suit getting heavy. You can hear the battle going on, but you know you must of been taken out. You can still use your face, and talk and all that.

You lay on the ground for 10 more minutes, before the heavyness wears off. The landscape changes to the blocky room, and you see everyone standing. Maribeth smirks at you from across the room , shaking her head. Then, she quickly moves into action, getting in cover into a group of people.

Why did she do this?

You quickly remember yesterday and the turrets, and do the same thing she does. No turrets appear though, and the crowd is only slow realizing what you two are doing. Now they're scrambling around, forming a zig zagging mass of panicking people. You hear a whirring noise.


You decide to run around panicking like everyone else. Maybe they'll form shields as they by you. You momentarily halt , looking for a green light, but there is none. You look back forward when suddenly a thor like thing steps out of the far wall. It blasts an invisible missile, and guessing by everyone being thrown a few feet away, you decide it's distorting gravity. Maribeth spots it, and starts getting on the opposite side of the room from it.

You do a tactic that would be positively stupid in a real war, picking off your team as they run around to form a nice bunker. Maribeth runs too you , crouching behind the pile of bodies with you. The thor takes note, and you hear a machine gun like noise.

You mutter, "Oi", as it fires. MAribeth decides to duck instead.

You duck behind the bodies, and you presume the bullets would of wizzed past you. You say to Maribeth to try and get to the cockpit, although you think it's just a robot. You convincingly add, "You're the best we got so you should do it". She pridefully starts sneaking towards the thor-bot. You see a mass of people that are in the open get blasted around.

You notice 3/4 of the entire two platoons are downed. You're unsure about this fight.

Raising yourself above your bunker, you fire at it's guns and cockpit. One of the guns appears disabled now.The thor points at you, and cannons on it's back start to charge up.

Seeing the cannons charge, you decide to duck behind your bunker, and they continue to charge.

You decide to quickly rise again,(like a praerie dog at this point) firing at the cannons. It's too late, and a loud BANG echoes across the room. The air distorts where the cannon would of been if it was not a simulation. It is coming straight for you.


You duck , firing at it's cannons and disabling them. HOwever a cannonball was already shot, and you look up to see the air distortion from the simulated projectile. It 'crashes' into you directly, slamming you across the room until you smack into a wall, disabled. Looking at the Thor-bot, you see Maribeth Climbing on top of it.. She fires at it over and over until it disables completely.

You stand, manli-like, looking out at everyone recover. You smirk, flexing. Luckily, Maribeth didn't see that move. A small crowd gathers around you, babbling about that body bunker strategy and how you took that cannon-shot.

Maribeth eyes the crowd over, fully well knowing she's not getting credit right now.

You laugh at the small crowd, stating, "Ahh I was just a decoy, it was Maribeth here that did the taking out of the thor!"

She blinks at you in astonishment, turning red as the crowd forms a round her and she babbles to them about her sneaking. The Sergent walks in the room.

You salute the Sergent quickly, looking at him. He gives you the same glare as last time. He says "Once again boy you practically cheated! In real combat there is going to not be an option to make a human barricade!"


You tell him in a real fight you're supposed to use whatever you can to gain an advantage. He seemed pleased, but still says, "Yes, you are and you're right. However shooting your own team would put you at a disadvantage in real combat! Don't do it next time." His voice rises now, "All o' ya, get to the weight room! The time now is 2:30pm, and you need to all stay there until 5:00pm! Tomorrow we'll get started with more Viking related stuff!"

The crowd disperses, walking out of the Quadrant, into the main room, then out of it and into the hallway. You follow suit, groaning about the weight room, after all you aren't the strongest man, exactly.

Maribeth, Isaac and Clark are presumably too far ahead, as you can't see them. After around 20 minutes of walking, you arrive at the weight room at 2:50pm. It has every kind of work out utility you can think of,and it quite vast. You take notice that the 5 platoons that had gone there previously are no longer here.

You walk somewhere that is open, and start doing squats and curls. You're getting weird looks.

You finish doing your curls, scoffing at the spectators eyeballing you, and then passing the time around the weight room by imitating what you see. You see Maribeth , Isaac , and Clark in various positions around the room, doing their own thing. In each corner of the room are cameras.

You stand under one of the cameras, and a voice barks, "Get to work!".
You decide to keep training, putting in your best effort to gain muscle.

Time passes, the clock strikes 5:00Pm. This is when the Sergent said you should leave, and you do. You start heading back to your barracks, and the other platoons go to theirs. You catch a glimpse of Clark going around a corner.

You decide to see where he's going, or at least where his barracks is. You dash around the corner, seeing him go around another one. You also saw Isaac this time with him. You continue running, until you catch up to them and they walk into a doorway. You walk in the room to see a door on the far side shut, them presumably going through it.

You open the door, and are in another hallway that is empty. It extends down some, then turns. You hear them chatting from around the corner. They sound serious and almost ominous , from what you can tell from where you are.

You stalk along the wall , listening in from around the corner. You hear tidbits of

'in three days.'

'won't see it coming'

'viking mech'

'what about Rokan?'

You glance around the hallway, and it's empty,nothing you could ambush them with if you needed. You hear a tidbit
'do you hear that?'

You decide to simply wait until they come for you, to try to seem like you have the upper hand. They walk around the corner, seeming surprised by your presence. Isaac laughs, "Oh, hey Rokan. Why are you here?"

You dodge the question, asking your own, "Soo, how come you guys were talking about me?"

Isaac and Clark glance at each other nervously. CLark speaks up , "How much did you hear, I'm curious?"

You laugh at them , trying to go with it , "Ha, I didn't hear much. Although I did hear somethin about viking mech? What was that about?"

Isaac speaks , "Oh, you know, just about the viking training tomorrow"

You respond casually, "So like, does everyone graduate or something in three days? Must be some fast training. Although I'm still curious why I was mentioned. If it's cause of the crowd from earlier, well sorry if you guys got jealous, I doubt the Sergeant thinks much of it."

Clark smiles, buying your innocence, "Ahh, well I guess all is forgiven then! We just don't like being shown up ya know?"

You make a mental note about these two, clearly they're scheming.
You speak up, "Anyways I was lookin' for you guys. I'm exhausted, how about we come to my barracks and grab a drink."
Isaac and Clark both say no at the same time, then quickly try to rebound , Clark talking, "Ahh I think we're going to just go to our barracks and sleep. Maybe next time." They turn, walking away.

You return to your barracks, and climb onto your bunk, thinking. Having drinks probably won't help with that so you decide against it. You grab something to eat, and on your way back to your bunk, Jack with his marines plus the Medic enter.


As Jack walks in you ask him if he knows anything about Viking Mech. He laughs, and says , "You mean the ships you signed up to fly? I think you overworked yourself boy." He chuckles again, and his team walks into the changing rooms, you now noticing one of the marines is a female, based off the changing room she walked into. You scoop at your meal, biting into it and laying down on your bunk thinking for now.

You eventually fall into a sleep.
-=-=-=-=-=-
The next morning your alarm wakens you at 5:30. You slept in your uniform.

You hop into the shower within the mens' changing room. After quickly washing yourself and changing back into uniform, you start on your way to the Viking Bay. You leave at 5:45, and it takes around 10 minutes walking. You must be there at 6:00, so you'll be fine.

On your way there Maribeth happens to meet up with you, at around 5:50.

You inquire Maribeth about what you heard with Clark and Isaac, while you both walk. She raises an eyebrow, although no normal angry expressions line her face."You heard them say that stuff?

You ask her what you think they're planning. She glares, her previously, rare, normal face disappearing, "How dare you! I'm sure they aren't planning anything! I've been friends with them for years now! Just when I start to get used to you, you go and say that. "

She starts to walk away faster than you.

You decide to just continue on to the Viking Bay, sprinting to it. You see her talking Isaac and Clark. They both give you a bad look as you walk by, although Maribeth doesn't notice it. It's 5:55 and the crowd as usual is chatting. From the looks of it, you're starting to became a main topic, and you're sure Isaac and Clark are talking about you.

You're unsure whether the crowd is talking about your stunts, or any rumors that might of been spread about you. You walk to the nearest members of your Platoon, saying hey. They give you an odd look, asking ,"Why did you cheat on the Quadrant room? I heard you managed to hack into it"

You deny ever cheating the game, saying that the Sergeant even congratulated you. They nod and murmur amongst themselves, then one of them speaks up again, "Hm, your word over rumors then."

Clark and Isaac appear to be watching your actions. You're being talked about less in the crowd.

You run your thumb across your throat , directed at Clark and Isaac. They don't notice however, being too busy talking to Maribeth. You decide to go for the less direct approach, walking up to the two men to ask them who started the rumors. They reply in a casual tone, simply saying , "What rumors?"

You smile in reply to their innocent tone, saying ,"Ah I've just heard lots of people talk about me. Apparently I'm a cheater in the Quadrants?"

Isaac laughs, "Whaaaat? Nah you just fight well. I can see why they might think you cheat though, with how well you've done." You decide to walk away, back into the crowd for now.

You decide to eye the crowd over to see if anything odd is happening. The crowd appears to be talking about you less, and if it is about you then it's either about you cheating, or someone defending you and saying you didn't cheat. It's 5:58 and you have about 2 minutes until the doors open.

You wait out the last 2 minutes by stretching out your muscles and heading to the front of the crowd , near the door. You want to be the first one in. The clock strikes 6:00, the doors opening. The crowd follows suit behind you, walking in. This time people get into their Platoon lines like they're supposed to. After everyone is situated, the Drill Sergent speaks, "We will not be moving into the Quadrants to fight today. Instead we will start to learn about piloting Vikings. We will go to the Simulation Bay, which is through that door." He points at a gold plated door. "Move out"

Grinning happily, you say to yourself "About time". You've been wanting to do the Viking Simulation after all. Marching with your platoon, you head to the simulation bay door. It opens up and you shuffle in. It's a very large room, and along the walls are what appear to be viking replicas. They are in 'flight mode', with the cockpits opened up. The other platoons stand in the center of the room, waiting quietly.

The Drill Sergeant walks in, speaking "Platoon 7, you pick your viking simulator and wait. You did best so you get to go first. As for the other platoons, you can watch people's progress up on a screen above each simulator."

You see Isaac, Clark, and Maribeth walking towards some corner simulators, and everyone else in your platoon is dispersing to find their own.


Deciding to follow suit by Isaac, Clark and Maribeth, you walk into a viking simulator near them. Maribeth is to your left, with Isaac and Clark to her left. You hop into the cockpit, and wait. Once everyone else in your platoon is in, the cockpits close and the screens turn on to create the virtual reality. You're on what looks like an infested planet, and if you look to the left you can see the virtual vikings you presume are your platoon. Looking right you see a 'voice chat' button, and forward is what looks like a joystick, with a two thumb buttons and a button for your index finger. Surrounding that is a Transform button, and a call for help button. There is also a mark target button.

You feel your viking lift into the air, and in turn your virtual reality starts to go a bit below you on the screen. Over a speaker within the simulator you hear the Sergeants voice, "Get buckled up, the virtual reality will start up once everyone is."

You buckle yourself into place, and after a minute or two your simulation starts flying forward extremely fast! You're flying about a desolate desert planet, and if you look left and right you see other vikings in the simulation, presumably the other members of your platoon. They're all swerving around, one of them crashing. You start to nose dive, your joystick rattling free of grip.

You reach for the joystick, quickly pulling it back to level yourself. Pressing the left button at the top, you shoot a missile forward, it explodes far away into a mountain. Your speaker turns on, you hearing MAribeth speaking ,"Hello? Is this voice chat linked?"

You hear screeches around the mountain you are currently heading towards.
You hit the talk button, replying with a simple "Yes" to Maribeth. You test the right button of your joystick, nothing happening. You press the voice chat button again when you hear the same screech, asking if anyone else heard it. You get some murmurs of yes as people figure out how to work the simulator.

Suddenly Mutalisks swoop from around the mountain, splitting up to try to attack each viking solo!You've learned the left button is missile, right does nothing, and index finger has not been used yet. Maribeth yells into the voice link, "Mutalisks!"

You hold down the index finger button, and it fires a gatling gun. You relay this information to your platoon, using voice chat to tell them to shoot shoot the mutalisks down now.

More mutalisks swarm from around the crowd, them all targeting you. They are bunched up, swinging their tails and firing their projectiles at you. You now have a group of mutalisks coming at you, and projectiles coming at you.

Pressing the mark target button, you signal for the other vikings to take aim at the flock. Pressing the left button, you fire a missile at them. They manage to diverge and spread, although a chunk of them are taken out. Pulling back on your joystick, you swoop up to dodge their spray. When you level yourself, they're behind you, and you're rapidly approaching the mountain.

You fly straight towards the mountain, Maribeth calling you an idiot over voice chat as you do so. The mutalisks are still following you, their projectiles slamming into the mountain. Just as you're about to crash into it's stony surface, you pull up, the mutalisks screeching as they pelt uselessly against the mountain, exploding in a display of gore. Other lone mutalisks are still flying around , your platoon shooting at them to start finishing them. Isaac speaking into voice chat, "Good plan Rokan. Fast thinker arentcha?"

You turn around , flying back towards the fray.

Firing your gatling gun, deciding it's better than a missile for lone targets, you start picking off the last remaining mutalisks. You make sure not to have friendly fire. The mutalisks being downed, your simulation screen shuts off, and you feel your viking lower into to the ground. The cockpit slides open, and you see everyone elses do the same.

People begin stepping out of their simulators, the other platoons that hadn't gone yet murmuring, mainly talking about your stunt .

You follow their examples, stepping out of your simulator and going to the center of the room where everyone else seems to be walking to. Maribeth, Clark, and Isaac are walking behind you. People watch you as you walk by, talking amongst themselves. The Drill Sergeant walks up to you, , "Good job on that maneuver." He turns to the crowd, "All of you won't be able to copy that move, as you'll get a different terrain!" . You hear a disapproving 'aww' and groans. He keeps speaking, "Platoon 2, you're up." They all shuffle away, climbing into the vikings. The Sergeant walks away from you, with Isaac , Clark, and Maribeth walking up to you.

You mention to the three of them they it was good work, and they kicked zerg tail. Focusing on Maribeth, you say , "You have amazing mutalisk killing skills and the expert ability to make fun of me in a combat situation". It's laced with sarcasm. She replies, smiling, "Why thank you, SgT Sarcasm."

You grin at Maribeth, then turn to sit down and watch the other platoon simulations. Hours go by as each Platoon takes their turn, and it gets boring quickly. You take note of the best Platoons. Finally after it's all over, you're dismissed and told to head back to your barracks.

You get there and it's full of people, with Jack's squad sitting in the usual couch. He nods in hello to you, and your stomach growls.

Walking to the kitchen, you grab a turkey sandwich and biting it happily. You walk over to Jack, bragging about how you were probably the best Viking in the simulation. Jack nods at you, congratulating you on your effort. The medic also speaks up, saying you must of had smooth flying to out navigate mutalisks. You figure she spoke up because she flies things herself.

Finishing your sandwich, you walk to the bunk to take a nap.

-=-=-=-=-
You wake up at about 6:00 , and you see your barracks still mostly the same, with Jack and his gang getting their own food. The couches were taken over by other members of the barracks.

Hopping of your bunk, you walk over to the kitchen and grab some juice from the fridge, drinking it to refresh yourself. The medic pilot gets caught looking at you, looking back away as she is, back to Jack and his conversation.

You approach the medic, putting one hand on a counter and leaning on it, saying , "So you're a good flyer yourself arentcha?

The medic shrugs casually, glancing left then back at you, "Yeah, I am. I heard you were a pretty smooth flyer yourself."

Trying to make small talk, you ask about the zerg. The medic replies saying, "Ahh they're very brutal. Have made me work sleepless nights keeping these guys alive" She motions to her squad. "And, sorry I don't think I ever told you my name, I am Trinity. I know you're Rokan."

Continuing with the conversation, you ask how bad the Zerg infestation on this planet off. She replies grimly , "Truth be told, they are pretty bad. We're losing outposts quick. Luckily you happen to be in the strongest city, but still. I'd be ready to evacuate."

You ask about the protoss as well, and Trinity responds, "Ahh we don't see them around here. Seem to have not seen this planet yet, or are just leaving it alone." She walks to the fridge, pouring herself a drink then walking back.

When she gets back you continue questioning her, asking what the worst situation she's been in with the zerg. She frowns at the unpleasant memory , saying "I'd rather not say. I barely know you after all." She turns back to Jack joining his conversation , leaving yours.

Deciding to heed her words, you walk to your bunk and start collecting your things and putting them in the box under your bunk. Looking at the time you see it's 5:30. Trinity walks across the room to you, giggling, "I didn't mean now. I meant in the coming weeks. But hey, good to see that you'll be prepared"

Nodding in agreement with her words, you tell her that the zerg don't attack whenever it's convenient for us and we always have to be prepared for the worse. Trinity agrees with you, saying, "Good philosophy there. Maybe I'll watch your viking training tomorrow eh, and yell at you for whatever you do wrong." She smirks.

You awkwardly shuffle away from Trinity, ABANDONING her to go to the bathroom to grab toilet paper. You walk back, stuffing it in your box. Trinity bursts into laughter.

You laugh along with Trinity, stating, "Whaaat? I don't wanna be stranded without it!". She nods, "No you probably wouldn't. Just hope no one saw that, I believe that counts as stealing. I didn't see anything though. "She says, winking.
You continue speaking with Trinity, until it's about 9:00. You ask how long training is until you get to see real action, and she replies, "Give it a few weeks" She walks back to her bunk, telling you to get rest.

You climb into your own, shutting your eyes.
-=-=-=-=-
You're shooken awake in the middle of the night..

You sit up quickly, and a female voice tries to shush you as you say "What's going on!" You recognize the voice to be Trinity. She continues "Be quiet! Look, there are a pair of zerglings lurking in the complex. Jack and the others already left, and I decided to stay behind to wake up you. Decided you needed to learn some combat skills."

You ask about the others, and she says they're remaining asleep. Trinity tells you that the General didn't want to make a giant stir, so he only sent her squad.
You move on to ask about weapons, you sort of need one. She nods at you, saying she'll get you one if you follow her.

Finally you ask her how a couple of zerglings got in to this heavily guarded place. She shrugs, "We're trying to figure that out ourselves. Right now we are thinking it was an overlord that flew them here. We also think it may be a Nydus worm. We're unsure, to ebe honest."

Raising your eyebrow, you say "Just in case you happen to be a changeling..What did we talk about yesterday?". She rolls her eyes saying, "If I was you'd be dead. But we talked about the zerg threat level, and you got some toilet paper."

You nod at Trinity, jumping off your bunk. You tell her you'll follow her, and she leads on. As you're walking, you say ,"Doesn't it seem at least kinda suspicious that those bugs could get in here? I thought they would have sensors, turrets, or at least reinforced plating to prevent this kind of thing." She nods, "We're not sure how they got in. Could of been an inside job" You continue following her as you navigate the halls.

You nod at Trinity, "I see. Do you Isaac and Clark are changelings?"She seems confused, "Who?". You simple state nevermind, watching her carefully and all corners and doors. Zerglings, even if they are a lie, should still be a cause for alarm after all. You arrive with her at a door, and she motions you in, saying this is the Armory.

You walk in, telling her to watch your back while you find your weapon. She nods at you, saying she will if you do the same for her afterward.

You rush into the armory, grabbing a sub machine gun. You also look for rope, taking that also. After you're done, Trinity takes a laser scalpel and a combat shield. She nods at you, and you both exit the room. You can go left, or right down a hallway.

You head left, examining Trinity as you do so. She is putting the scalpel on her utility belt, holding the combat shield at the ready. She nods at you, telling to to stay on your toes. You walk to the end of the hall, and turn right. There's a door hear, and behind it you hear movement.

TElling Trinity to go first, as she has the combat shield, she nods at you. You raise your gun at the ready, and she shoves the door forward. She jumps in the room, combat shield ready. She looks down in horror, and you can't see what it is from where you are.

You step into the room, and see what she is looking at in horror.

It is Jack.

His remains are torn and mangled. Trinity seems to be in disbelief, letting out a sight cry, before hushing herself. You see blood prints going right.

You examine the prints, seeing that there are 4 per movement. So it could definitely be a 4 legged creature. Speaking to Trinity, you tell her things will be okay. You reach down to his mangled corpse, lifting his helmet off. You replay the last recording. It isn't very helpful. Whatever it was attacked from the back and was silent. He cries in pain in the video, falling forward. That's when the recording ends.

You tell Trinity we should follow the tracks, and she nods at you slowly, wiping a tear, saying "Right.. we need to solve this.."
---------
Inventory
Sub Machine Gun
Rope

You do the unthinkable, taking your rope an tearing off one of Jack's legs. Trinity looks at you with disgust. You try to explain, "To test corners." She shakes her head at you, any positive feelings she may of had for you quickly diminishing. You pick up the bloodied leg, nodding at her as you start tracing the prints. They head around a corner, and you follow them. They go through an opened door, and you see another dead marine here.

You pass by the marine, shaking your head with Trinity doing the same. The prints continue on, until they stop in a large pitch black room. Trinity flicks on her camera, to reveal carnage wherever she turns it. All of Jack's squad appears to be dead in this room, the bloody prints everywhere now and leading to nowhere. This room is a dead end, and you can hear Trinity behind you breathing.

All the helmets are smashed in and useless in this room. All these deaths appeared to be brutal.

You look around the room, trying to see an alarm system. There is none, whatever this was choosing a good spot to attack.

Rata-tat-tat

You hear what sounds like footprints... Trinity frantically moves her flashlight around, seeing nothing. You're both standing in the center of the room, the only sign of chaos being the mangled bodies.

You creep with Trinity into a corner near the door, throwing the leg in front. It is not taken as any sort of bait. You whisper to Trinity to calm down, and that you two will get through this. You further ask her if there is an alarm somewhere, and she says ,"No, because we're in an abandoned section of the complex. It's no longer used."

You hear the same Rata tat tat, this time louder. It appears to somehow come from above you as well.

You point your gun up, asking Trinity if she heard it. She nods, and raises her shield, drawing her scalpel. Suddenly the ceiling bursts, Isaac and Clark coming at you both with knives! You fire, and they take the bullets as if nothing happened.They growl, bouncing off Trinity's shield. They rush at you again, you firing and downing Isaac. He starts morphing, until he's a brown glop on the floor. Trinity screams, Clark running close gun drawn now.

You take your leg and hit Clark with it like a flail. He staggers left then you bash his skull with the butt of your gun. After he turns into a goop, you grab Trinity by the hand, who is horrified at this point, and rush out the door. As you do so, two zerglings block your path! Trinity shrieks, raising her shield.

Standing behind Trinity, you let out a shrieking harpylike warcry. You fire your gun, the zerglings flopping to the ground, one of the corpses slamming into Trinity's shield as it had been midjump. She pants raggedly. You keep moving, running as fast as you can back into the still sleeping barracks. After changing into less bloodied clothes, you go to your separate bunks, not wanting to talk about the events that just happened, falling asleep quickly.
-=-=-=-=-
You awaken to chaos. EVERYONE is talking about the murdered squad, and the lone survivor , who is Trinity. She is no where to be seen, and no one seems to notice you either, implying that you snuck out successfully.

You check the time, and it's 5:30. You change into uniform, and decide to go to the giant gate of the viking bay early. Maribeth apparently also had the same idea, and she is there alone. You walk up to her, asking if she's seen Isaac and Clark. She shakes her head, saying they disappeared yesterday.

You tell Maribeth you were there for the murder that went on, and you shot ISaac and Clark, with them being changelings. SHe rolls her eyes at you, "Oh please, don't lie. You were dreaming, it was zerglings in the complex not changelings!"

You keep on talking, "You know the medic survivor? Ask her! We were both there!" She looks at you with slight more belief now. You speak more "We can try to find her after viking training, and you can ask."

She nods slowly, "I guess they did disappear."
You nod goodbye to Maribeth, running off to use the restroom, then return to the bay. By the time you get back ,the doors are opening so you run in. The day passes by, another viking simulation. You exit the main gate at around 5:00, telling MAribeth , "We can search for Trinity now." She mutters fine.

You head to the Shooting Range. Trinity is not here, so you ask the officer running the place. He tells you that no one has seen her since this morning. You head back out with Maribeth.

You decide to check the Medical Ward as well. She isn't there either. You leave, taking a random turn and walking down the hallway. Mentally noting to yourself, you decide to remember to search Isaac and Clark's stuff.

While you're thinking , you pass a door in which you hear screaming behind. Maribeth stops as you stop to listen.

You move to open the door, Maribeth saying "What do you think is behind it?" Suddenly the screaming stops, and you hear running. You burst open the door, to see Trinity, on the ground and beaten. Whoever had done this to her have already escaped. She's sobbing, bruised, and bleeding. Maribeth gasps in shock.
You tell Maribeth to go for a medic, with you immediately going to help Trinity. You ask her who did this, and she just says "Two men, I don't know them!" You take out toilet paper, using it as a makeshift bandage.

You ask if the men were Clark and Isaac, and she responds, "I don't even know who they are." She chokes. "Whoever they were caught me when I was on my way to the medical room, and dragged me here. They started beating me, saying I knew too much, and to say everything I knew. I didn't tell them anything, but they still tried to get it from me relentlessly. When whoever that woman was spoke, they ran away. I think they were talking about last night. Actually, come to think of it they look just like those changelings we saw.."

You scoop her over your shoulder, struggling at first, but adrenaline kicks in. You walk through the halls, and halfway there you see Maribeth with a medic following behind. Setting Trinity down for the medic, he/she begins he/she's job. It uses it's laser to start mending wounds. Maribeth looks at you, saying she tried to hurry.

You tell the medic to be careful, and he opens his visor. He states, "I will be, but what happened." Before replying, you thank Maribeth, and she smiles with a nod. You move on saying ,"She was beaten by two men helplessly, suspected to be Isaac and Clark, if you know them." Maribeth glares, "Accusing again!" Trinity speaks up, coughing, "Lady, I got attacked by changelings last night who looked just like the people who attacked me today. ."She tries to figure out how to make this seem like proof.

Maribeth storms off before you can talk to her, not wanting to believe any of this. After all , it's her long time friends. You turn back to the Medic, and see that Trinity is starting to look healthier. She looks down, "Can't believe I let them get me so unaware"

You mention to Trinity that you were worried, and she turns away, masking her face, "Oh.. heh thanks. I was worried about myself too. Rokan, after this we need to get to the Main office.. we're squadless now".

You ask what should be done about the schemes being talked about when Isaac and Clark said she knew too much. She shrugged, saying she'll think about it later.

The medic healing Trinity finishes, and while she looks fine, she seems pained. Relentlessly beating someone leads them to be.. different. She appears distant. The medic nods, running off saying he has to get back to the medical room because of a weight room accident.

You nod at Trinity, saying let's go to our old barracks, and collect our stuff. You do so, grabbing the box where you keep things from under your bunk. She does the same, and you head off to the barracks assigned to you. When you get there, you go to the bunk you were told you. After putting your stuff down, Maribeth approaches you both asking why you two are here.

You respond,saying you were assigned to squad 721 and this barracks. At first her eyes widen, then she speaks, "What?! That's mine, Isaac, and Clarks!"

You apologize to Maribeth, saying you didn't choose what squad you got placed into. She hmphs, walking away. Isaac and Clark are no where to be seen, and your stomach rumbles. The layout of their barracks appears to be the same as well. Trinity speaks up, saying "I hope we don't start a feud"

You tell Trinity you're going to get food, and you walk to this barracks kitchen area . You grab a turkey sandwich from the fridge. ((with endless sammiches apparently)) Trinity asks for one too, and you toss it to her. You take out the juice, pouring yourself a cup along with Trinity. You pass time until 9ish, and Isaac and Clark have still disappeared. You walk up to Maribeth to confront her about that.
-=-=-=-=-=-=
You awake to your alarm in the middle of the night, quickly silencing it. You walk to Isaac and Clarks bunks, searching their belongings in the silence of night. You find nothing, they seemed to have been good about that kind of thing. You walk back to your bunk, falling asleep.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-
You awaken in the morning, it is 5:30, and everyone else happens to be awake as well. Trinity is eating breakfast in the corner, and Maribeth seems to have already left the barracks.

You walk over to Trinity, telling her, "We need to try to find Isaac and Clark." She nods at you, telling you to eat. She says they'll start searching after training is done for the day. You walk to the fridge, grabbing a roast beef with lettuce. After finishing it in silence , you go to the changing room to get into uniform, then head off to the Viking Bay.

Training commences as usual, with more viking simulation exercises. Maribeth seems tense around you, and unnerved. Time passes and you release at 5:00pm, heading back to your new barracks to see if Trinity will also return.

When you get there, she is already there, eating some salad. You nod at her in hello. Grabbing food from the pantry then sitting, you get to eating, Maribeth waiting for you to speak.

You ask when she last saw the two men, and she replies saying "When they were hurting me". She stands, saying that the two of you should get to searching.

You walk out the room with Trinity, first going to the armory. You get the same weapons as last time, you with a sub machine gun, and Trinity with a combat shield and laser scalpel. You head out to get searching, figuring Isaac and Clark aren't dumb enough to return to their barracks.

You go left out the Armory, tracing your steps back to where Trinity was beaten. There is still blood on the floor, and you see the door that Isaac and Clark went through is still opened.

You pass through the room and enter the door they had ran through. It appears to be another abandoned part of the complex. The hallways hear are dusty, and you see old footprints. You remember today is the third day that they had been planning, and you walk at a faster pace. You keep following the footprints, until you walk into the back of a room that seems familiar. Then you realize it was the mech room you had seen when you first arrived here. The footprints seem to walk up to a viking, then leave the room again from where you came.

Following them still, you criss cross through the hall ways carefully, until you approach a locked door with murmuring behind it.

You leave the door, telling Trinity they should check the viking before walking in. You backtrace yourself, using the footsteps. You arrive at the viking, checking every side of it. Trinity helps, then tells you come to her after a minute or two of searching. Sure enough in a groove is a small object with a blinking light.

Rather than try to mess with whatever it is, you instead decide to get away from the viking. You head back through the halls to the door with the chattering, and it is still there. Trinity gives you an unnerved look, traumatized from her last meeting with them. The door is still locked.

You tell Trinity to go get some backup, and you train your gun on the door. She eventually returns with some officers, and they're also armed. Apparently she'd shown them the bomb on the way here, and other experts on that field are working to disable it. The chattering is still going on , whoever is behind the locked door, presumably Isaac and Clark, are oblivious to you , Trinity, and three officers.

Smashing down the door with the strength of 4 men, you step in to see sure enough Isaac and Clark. You fire your weapon, but they duck behind a bunker they had already prepared. Isaac shouts, "TRY ANYTHING AND I PRESS THE DETONATOR"

You don't move, but you speak saying that they need to surrender, they have no where to run. Clark cackles , saying, "We aren't going to surrender ! This place is rigged to explode! We have the upper hand here , not you!"

Trying to stall, an officer leaves the room, whispering silently into a communicator to get a ghost's backup. You talk to them, trying to figure out why they're doing this. Clark responds, saying, "For the revolution of course! We didn't -want- to enlist, we were drafted!"

You move on with the stalling, asking what they could have demand wise to stop this, and Isaac speaks, "We want nothing but freedom! This place is going kaboom whether you like it or not!"

You keep on reasoning with them. You ask them what blowing the place up could possibly accomplish, and they reply with a smirk, "It'll show the Dominion they have to right to draft whoever they want! We had a peaceful life before we were shoved here, and now we're going to be fighting the Zerg! Bah!"

A ghost has arrived now, and he activates his cloak, creeping around the room slowly.

You keep with the small talk distractions, asking if Maribeth is involved. Clark laughs, muttering no, and about how she'd be too weak to do it. As he's about to continue talking, you hear some suddenly go silent, and in a few moments the ghost decloaks, pulling up two knocked out loons from behind their bunker. He drags them over, and the officers bind their wrists. The 3rd officer grabs the detonator, and everyone heads out of the room.

Trinity smiles weakly, saying , "Now we have bombs everywhere we need to find.."

You start to walk off to the bar, but an officer grabs you and tells you they need you since you're a witness. You continue walking through the halls, until you come up to an exquisite door. An officer dials something into a keypad. The door slides open and you're in a mahogany office. One man and a secretary sit here, with a gold name tag stating General Isen. An officer speaks, dumping the knocked out Isaac and Clark to the ground and saying, "These are the ones who beat this medic here" He motions to Trinity, "and also set bombs across the facility."

The General nods, speaking into a voice comm momentarily. He asks for the detonator, and the officer swiftly places it on the table. Now the General looks at you and Trinity, nodding, "You two were very brave, and saved a lot of lives. You'll both be promoted to Junior Officers. But for now, I think you should rest. After we're done here, return to your barracks."

Maribeth arrives in the doorway, saying "General you called sir?" She seems surprised, seeing you, Trinity, and the unconscious Isaac and Clark. She exclaims, "What did you do to them, Rokan!" She walks up to you, when the General speaks, "What he did was stop this entire complex from going up in flames. Sit down, Maribeth."

She seems flabbergasted, sitting down on a chair in the office. She hmphs, then the General speaks again, "Send these two to the holding room for further questioning." He motions to Isaac and Clark , then looks at Maribeth, "And I want to ask you some questions as well.".

You and Trinity are both standing in the room now, the officers have left, and there are two open chairs on the wall.

You sit down in a chair, Trinity sitting down next to you. You speak, the General looking at you with interest. You tell him about the changelings that looked like the two bombplanters, and about the zerglings. The General seems intrigued, saying "I knew there were zerglings, but didn't know about the changelings..This is dire, the zerg managed to catch us unaware that easily, who knows, they could do it again." He frowns, thinking, and Maribeth sits quietly.

You suggest to the General that things like sensors could be useful. He nods, staying he already has some being shipped in. You move on to ask about zerg movements, and he replies, "Ahh they're .. getting closer. This was their first attack luckily, although I fear more are to come. Times seem to be dire."

You're dismissed, and you and Trinity stand, heading back to the barracks. Maribeth remains, being questioned by the General. By the time you get to the barracks it's about 8:00pm and neither you nor Trinity have eaten.

You grab more toilet paper, and decide it's enough! You walk to the kitchen, preparing food for yourself and Trinity, then you get to eating. You mull over the day in the conversation, passing time until you see Maribeth walk through the door, trying her best not to look at you.
You talk to her anyways, even if she's trying to ignore you. You ask her what the General wanted. She looks away from you still, then speaks after a few minutes, "Just wanted to know what I knew about Isaac and Clark. I didn't know they were up to any of this. And sorry for not believing you I guess".

You nod at Maribeth, forgiving her,saying, "It's okay, you rightfully defended your friends," and then getting her a sandwich and a beer. She accepts it, sitting down at the table and eating.
Trinity excuses herself, walking to her bunk and falling asleep. You then turn to Maribeth, friendly like asking her about Isaac and Clark. She swears to you she didn't know they were up to anything, and if she did she would of tried to stop them.

You ask what her planet is like, during the drafting period, and she frowns. She says that almost everyone was being drafted, even if they had children, those children would have to go to another family member. She continues, saying Isaac had a son, and Clark had a daughter.

You nod, saying that them being teared from them might of been what corrupted them. She nods, frowning and standing, moving over to her bunk and letting sleep overcome her.

You do the same, walking into your bunk and falling asleep
-=-=-=-==-
Your alarm wakes you, and you ready yourself for another regular day. At least you could hope, as you've had a rough time in the past couple of days. You check your emergency supply box and the most predominant thing is toilet paper ((You guys love your toilet paper)). There is also some rope you borrowed indefinitely from the armory, and that's it.

Trinity is sitting in the kitchen, already eating like most of the barracks. Maribeth appears to be gone, probably left early to get some things done or think by herself about Isaac and Clark. They're not here either, most likely detained for attempting to blow the facility up. Everyone seems wary in your barracks, apparently news had spread about bombs being planted. The main focus of various peoples conversations are over the bombs, the zerg attack, and Isaac and Clark of course. Some seem to think there is a connection.

You step into the men's changing room, which is basically a locker room, stepping into the shower and washing yourself down. You grab bio-degradable shampoo, figuring the complex has it to burn for compost if it needs it. You'll use it as a firebomb if you need it. After finishing your shower, you get changed into a uniform, hiding the shampoo until you get back to your emergency box, placing it in under the rolls of toilet paper.

Trinity walks up to you, nodding hello. She says, "Our squad is going to be getting new members, with Isaac and Clark no longer being part of it. They'll be coming by later today, I heard they're new, just shipped in from the same planet as you I heard." She smiles, continuing ," Heh heh, maybe you'll know them, could be your neighbors or something. "

Her smile goes away when you tell her your entire neighborhood was slaughtered by the Zerg, but she seems to regain confidence quickly when you don't show signs of it bothering you. She talks again, asking you how your Viking training goes, and you give her the same usual answer about how you're seeming to be the head of the platoons. She nods, saying she was as well when she was learning piloting.

After conversing with her for a few more minutes, she walks away, saying she has to get to her own thing, and wishing you good luck. She steps out the door, leaving.

It's 5:50, and you haven't eaten. It's probably best to grab something easy then get to training.

You speed-walk to the refrigerator, grabbing a bottle of orange juice, then walk across the room to the pantry. You search through the shelves, spotting BattleMix and deciding to grab that to eat on the way. You unscrew the orange juice, drinking it as you walk back through your barracks and out the door.

There are a lot of other people in the metallic halls, whether it's them also running late, or if their classes just start later , you aren't sure. Whatever the case is, you continue drinking your orange juice and grabbing bits from your BattleMix, shoving them into your mouth. Not entirely positive whether or not food and drink are allowed in the Viking Bay, you're going with the better safe than sorry route.

Getting there at 5:59a.m, Maribeth smirks at you. After all, you're the exhausted looking man that just came running through the halls stuffing food in his mouth while holding an empty bottle of orange juice. You probably didn't seem serious looking. Walking over to a trashcan, you discard the package of the BattleMix, drinking from the package like a cup the rest of it. The orange juice bottle goes in as well.

You hear the hydraulics make their noises, as various technology is working. The doors start sliding open, and everyone starts shuffling into their platoons. You get into yours with Maribeth, and it's unequal with the others. From what you recall, there are 100 people in viking training, with ten even platoons. That would make yours have only 18 members compared to everyone's 20 members.

After everyone is situated, the Drill Sergent nods sternly, eying everyone over. He locks onto Platoon 7, yours, and speaks, "Today we will be playing a game of sorts." He looks around to the other platoons now, then back to yours, "Seven Platoons are going to be controlling mutalisks today in the simulation. They're pretty much the same controls as the Vikings, minus the rockets and gatling guns. They are however a bit more agile.:

He nods, "The three best platoons will be the vikings. These are Platoon 7, 4, and 5. They've showed great excellence in the simulations."

Grumbling seems to erupt from the crowd, namely the three chosen platoons. Those seem like unfair odds, 70 mutalisks against 30 vikings. While it might seem fair for one viking to go against 2 mutalisks, when all 70 of them are flocking and flanking everywhere, it's a bit different.

The Sergeant narrows his eyes, speaking , "I see you don't like the rules." Various yes's and yeah's are heard from the platoons. He laughs, saying, "Okay, I'll change them. Every mutalisk controller, once killed, gets to be a mutalisk again. Only once though, so it's like having a second life, understand?" This time there is no grumbling, realizing it will only make it worse.

"Now, the General will be watching these simulations, so you best give it your all, Platoons 4, 5, and 7. Oh, and as for the mutalisks, don't go thinking you can not try, as you will be evaluated accordingly for your mutalisk skills as well." the Sergeant says, then continues to say, "Oh, and one more thing. You all have 10 minutes to discuss your strategies. Go."

Maribeth looks at you with an eyebrow raised, biting her lower lip. You see platoons 4 and 5 getting together to talk on one side of the room away from the mutalisk platoons.

The rest of your platoon begins to mingle with 4 and 5 to discuss battle strategies. Maribeth and you seem to have a different idea, attempting to disperse yourself in the enemy's crowd to figure out what they're up to.

You manage to get in well, although you get angry looks. Tidbits of 'flock them', or 'surround' seem to appear a lot, but then they're just as easily dispelled. Needing more info, you walk through the crowd more. However, you're easily recognized. You and Maribeth are shoved out of the crowd, forced to retreat to your platoon teammates.

They welcome you, and all seem to crowd around the two of you, looking for guidance. They seem to be like puppies begging for scraps. Maribeth grins pridefully.

You nod at the platoons, speaking up with your plan. You state that you think, if there is terrain for it, that when in danger try to out maneuver them in caves. It might not work considering that mutalisks are far more agile than a viking, but if they're flocked it's a good idea. The group murmurs with both disapproving statements and approving ones, then Maribeth speaks, saying to try try to spread some and contain them. They have to remember a mutalisk's attack can spring from target to target.

The team nods, waiting for more strategies.

You look around at the crowd, giving another strategy. You tell them to try to stay in smaller areas, so less mutalisks can flock together. You also tell them to transform if they get stuck at a dead end, and to hope to learn the controls quickly.

Maribeth gives some of her own strategies, time passing until the Sergeant tells everyone to get into the simulator room. Only now do you realize there isn't enough viking simulators, and that's when you see that the room seems to have been extended, as if the far wall was removed to reveal another large room. It seems to go on and on, and you can tell it's going to be a long walk for people choosing the far vikings.

The Sergeant says that depending on the vehicle you choose, you'll be spawned in a different location for each one. He also notes that the Viking drivers will take the first 30 vikings, and the mutalisks take the rest. He says the first 30 are the ones closest to the door you came in at. He makes sure to include that cheaters will be caught.

You tell Maribeth to pick a viking next to you, and you walk to Viking 15. She walks to 16, nodding at you and getting in. After a few minutes of sitting in the cockpit, you hear a countdown. It completes, and suddenly you find the virtual reality putting you in fighter mode (bipedal) on top of a crevice in a mountain range. You're all alone in this range, except for Maribeth's viking. Suddenly your voice comm is filled with confused voices yelling, "Where is everyone!" and "I'm all alone!"

People seem to be freaking out , and no mutalisk players have appeared yet.

You try to interrupt the frantic chatter, pressing into your voice chat and yelling loudly. After everyone is silenced, you tell everyone that they'll be fine, and to just try and fine other allies, and to remember to stay somewhat separated. You hear lots of okays and yes's in reply to you.

You speak to Maribeth using the close range communicator ((That I didnt mention earlier xd)) so only she can hear you, saying that we should find a cave. She speaks back, telling you she thinks she sees one in the distance. You get walking, controlling whether or not it moves forward or back with a thrust bar, knowing you'd probably not be able to time it well enough to go into jet mode and land at it. Still no mutalisks have arrived.

After about halfway through the trip, you hear screeching, and you see two mutalisks flapping about wildly. They don't seem to have a grasp of the controls yet, although they seem to see you. You've found the joystick to , instead of making you fly up or down, makes you aim up or down.

Taking aim at the mutalisks, you hold down the index finger button, firing bullet after bullet of machine gun action. The two mutalisks explode into a poof, clearly having newby drivers. You laugh at how easy it was ,marching on, to the cave. Maribeth laughs with you, marching close behind. You get closer to the cave, when an organized pack of 5 mutalisks flies at you.

Maribeth turns to start firing, when a mass of projectiles starts flying straight at you guys.

You hear a report of your voice comm saying ,"5 mutalisks just took me out!" so you figure these guys are good.

In a hurried yell, you tell Maribeth to start strafing in circles. She agrees, already strafing while firing at the mutalisks. They keep flinging projectiles, them all narrowly dodging you. You manage to shoot down one of the dexterous mutalisks, and the 4 of them spread apart, two of them going behind you to surround you. This could be deadly.

Your quick thinking might be able to get you out of this, and you yell for Maribeth to go back to back. She scoots her viking into yours, and you both start firing at the circling mutalisks. The mutalisk players definitely didn't see this coming, and they're quickly defeated. Remembering the defeated players, you speak into your voice chat that you and Maribeth defeated the 5 mutalisk pack. Various cheering is heard, and you tell your team to try to lead the mutalisks to your position. As you say this, you mark your cave as your target.

The team gives you their roger that, and you see hear the roar of multiple vikings flying towards you, with screeches of a lot of mutalisks. Soon they create their own shade there is so many coming straight at you. You scream for everyone that is here to get in the cave in bipedal mode and act as a turret of a sort.

Your team slowly gets the idea, although you see quite a few vikings try to transform and end up flying so fast they smash into the mountain. You frown at this, but there's nothing you can do about it.

You and Maribeth go deeper into the cave, and your allies are slowly joining you , and the mutalisks are patrolling outside like a tornado. You watch two of them slam into each other in a poof. Realizing that your other allies won't be able to get in, you start firing and drawing them in. Soon there's a gust of mutalisks flying straight at you and 7 other allies.

You yell into your voice chat you're going to try to try to lead them away so that people in the cave can pick them off easier. You go into flight mode in the cave, aiming outside and suddenly blasting out. Already you have a flock of mutalisks flying at you, and you see the ones behind you being gunned down.

You maneuver around, avoiding mutalisk shots. You hear cheers from your voice chat as they exclaim their accomplishments and kill count. Whenever you face the cave you see the numbers thinning. You start flying back to it, when you start barrel rolling out of control straight towards the cave.

You attempt to pull up, but realize you're already too damaged. You scream into your voice chat that you've been hit, and you start corkscrewing you're spinning so fast. You try to press the switch to bipedal mode, and you start transforming, but it ends up only going halfway. By now you're a spinning ball of metal that's on fire, heading straight for the giant group of mutalisks. You slam straight into them , exploding in an epic display of fire and light. Most of the pack is now guts on the floor, and you see your team gasp with astonishment.

You are now observing the battle, with your voice chat turned off. You see your team is now picking off the mutalisks, and your suicide bomb , albeit accidental, managed to do a ton of damage. By now you're team is picking them all off. They all die, and your team erupts in cheering.

But then, you realize. You've never seen any of them resurrect,yet. Which means..

Round two.

Suddenly a swarm of Mutalisks is flying straight at the cave with all the vikings on your team flying in the open. They're quickly destroyed, and your team has lost the battle. You're simulator latch opens, and your cockpit swings open along with everyone elses. You look at Maribeth frowning, and she does the same. Instantly the giant simulator room is erupted with chatter.

Everyone begin stepping out , meeting one another to discuss the fight.

You're already confronted by the Drill Sergeant and the General before you can make a move. The General speaks, congratulating you on your smart thinking. Gathering the crowd of platoons around him, he speaks again, "All of the viking pilots did well. As you all learned I'm sure, is that you shouldn't be so ready to cheer and think you've won the war. The zerg are ruthless, attacking in horrible swarms. You never know when more are coming, and you have to be ready. Any words?"

You nod, asking the General what rather should of been done to deal with that many Mutalisks. He laughs, saying you probably won't be seeing that many in combat. As everyone starts complaining, he silencing them, saying, "This was a test, of course the favor was put to the opponent. And even when it was the Viking side did very well."

Once everyone disperses, you approach the General. You ask him how well you did, and he responds, "You and Maribeth both had great strategies. You'll make great vikings. Even that suicidal explosion, while not on purpose, was very spectacular. I commend you." He then turns, taking his leave. You run to catch up to Maribeth, who's already on her way to the barracks. You walk up to her.

You say to Maribeth that we did good together and we were a good team. You say , "We should work in partnership some more."

She rolls her eyes at you, saying "Don't make me go back into the slap happy Maribeth I used to be, Rokan."

You tell Maribeth that we should grab food at the mess hall, and she thinks, then says okay. Once you're there, you pour orange juice. The same orange juice brand that long ago you had poured down your sink, forever losing it. You triumphantly pour it, maybe now you can redeem yourself! You also pour some for Maribeth, picking up food on your way to the tables.

After eating at the mess hall, you and Maribeth walk back to the barracks. You walk in laughing with her, and you see Trinity talking with two guys. You walk up to her, asking who they are inquisitively. She eyes you and Maribeth, then speaks, "The two new members of our squad. Remember? I told you they were coming. I see you were busy though.."

She continues, "Anyways, these two are Daymin and Seph. They're going to be a marine and a marauder I believe. Should be useful." She seems slightly distant. Time passes, you getting to meet the two. They both seem like nice guys,although Isaac and Clark did also. As the time gets to around 9:30, you hear over the intercom.

"Attention all Personnel. Attention all Personnel. An entire barracks has been found dead. I repeat, an entire barracks has been found dead. High alert."

Your barracks erupts into chaos, everyone going into the defensive. Maribeth , the two new guys, and Trinity seem to keep their cool. They walk over to you, waiting for what you say.

You look to your small 'squad', telling them to get to the armory. The group of you rush out the door, sliding around the glossy hallways. You arrive at the armory, and everyone gets outfitted. Trinity gets her shield and laser scalpel like normal. You get your sub machine gun, Seph gets a shotgun, and Daymin gets a grenade launcher. Might not be the best to trust to a new guy, but Trinity seems to trust them.

You go out the room, the intercom coming back on.

"CODE RED CODE RED. Another 3 barracks have been found dead. We do -not- know what the --urk.. GAAAGH---". Silence.

Trinity seems to lose some confidence.

The complex is eerily silent. You stalk along the halls with your comrades, they're silent, waiting for reassurance.

You nod at your team, telling them that we should get back to the barracks. You stalk through the halls, until you get there. Miraculously, your barracks is alive. They cower back at first, then realize that you're on their team. You think about how to defend the door, eyes flitting to the bunks, the kitchen, the couches, and the room.

You yell for people to start barricading with couches, and soon you have a team of people hoisting couches to the door. It's blocked, and your squad trains their guns on it. Everyone else gets makeshift weapons, like pieces of wood, and things like it. Everyone stares at the door. Suddenly a new voice comes over the intercomm.

"If anyone hears this.. evacua-AAAAAGH"

Everyone starts chaotically removing the couches.

Your team destroys the couch fortification, you yelling for them to stop. They seem to overwhelmed with fear, rushing out the room. They scatter about the hallsways, when you see them all suddenly have blood spatter and splash everywhere, dropping to the floor. Something has killed them, either away from your area of sight, or just invisible. Trinity gasps in horror, the new guys still remaining their ground. Maribeth gulps.

You see shimmering translucent forms coming to the door, and you hear one speak, "These ones are armed. Shall I kill them master?"

Daymin readies his gun, and you motion for him to lower it.

The being speaks again, "They .. seem to want peace?" Another voice: "What if they're infested!?"

Trinity slightly lowers her shield, and you step out to try to reason with them.

You nod, looking at what you hope is their eyes. Attempting to convince them you say, "We're human! Don't kill us. If you're purifying the area, while there were zerg, we're not infected. Everyone here is clean!" You continue for good measure, "And besides if we were changelings or something, I'm sure you have an observer or something!"

You suddenly see the being decloak, and it's a Dark Templar. He has his energy scythe ready, motioning for you to follow him, along with your allies.

You follow with your squad on either side of you. You step over the bodies of your fallen barracks. They all have looks of horror on their cold faces. You step through the abandon hallways, and you see your Dark Templar escort.. walk through a wall. Your team seems bewildered, and you try it also. It was just a hallucination.

From there you see some cloaked Warp Prisms and Phoenixes hidden away. The Templar ushers you into each your own phoenixes, waiting to see if you comply, his scythe at his side.

You ask the Dark Templar while you're being loaded into a phoenix whether or not the entire planet is being wiped or not. He tells you he can not tell that to you, telling you to hurry it up.

The rest of your squad is being loaded in, and you hear sirens going off inside the complex.

You load into the back of the phoenix, your seat and the drivers are connected, but you face backwards. He tells you to not touch anything. The phoenix doors((Or however you get in..)) close. You hear the machinery whir as it turns on, the phoenix lighting up. The driver talks, "We'll bring you to one of our motherships currently in space. We'll explain more there, probably."


You curiously ask how they learned your language, and the driver lets what you assume is a laugh out. He says he's met many of your kind, and has almost had to learn it. Then you ask how he is even speaking, and he tells you it's all telepathic, of a sort. He says that hearing is all in your brain, so they can telepathically project themselves to make it seem like talking as well.

The trip up to orbit is silent, and you watch your old complex get smaller and smaller. In space you see the giant mothership, and now you see the other phoenixes that contain your squad also flying into a docking bay.

After 5 minutes of preparation, and organization for where everyone will land, you walk out of your phoenix to meet with your squad.

You meet with your friends , and your approached by protoss. Before they can get a word in, you ask why you were brought here. They tell you that , although the planet is about to be glassed, they were trying to see if there was anyone important they could extract first. They say they've already scouted your complex, and that you've actually seen their scouts.

You ask about the scouts.. You never saw a scout!

The protoss 'speaks' again. "It's complicated, but listen well. As I'm sure you well know, two zerglings were let loose a few days ago. We came to investigate. That's when we saw your friend , Jack I believe, investigating as well. His squad was also with him, so we came from behind, knocked him to the ground - his helmet falling, then took the rest of his squad back to our phoenixes. Before you ask about the bodies you clearly saw, they were just hallucinations, again. Wonderful technology we have. We watched you take his helmet too, watching the video. We thought it was amusing at how it looked like a zergling jumped him. But no, it was all fake. I believe his squad is on this ship actually."

You raise an eyebrow, asking why you'd break in for two zerglings, and the protoss responds, as if obvious. "We didn't know how many. Sure , there ended up being two, but the zerg are good at hiding. So that's why we sent a small squad. All the Templar you saw today were completely unrelated."

Trinity positively turns to bubbles. Her face is overridden with glee and she let's out a joyous squee. She bobs up and down happily , listening to the conversation.

You ask another question, asking why they'd knock out the squad if they were trying to help. "We weren't particularly sure. All we saw at the time is what looked like a normal patrol. How could we know if they were going after zerg or not?"

More questions from you, the protoss patiently answering them, "Okay then, why didn't you kill the changelings?"

The protoss answers, "We were looking for them as well, but you found them first is all."

You make another question, saying why they were wiping out the facility, and he answers again. "We're wiping out the entire planet, not just your facility. We were sweeping the area though for potential important people. I believe your General is also on your way. And one of your Sergeants."

Trinity is still in her happy place while you continue talking with the protoss, asking what happens next, and if we'll be leaving. He says that they're unsure of what you'll do. They have ideas, and those will be discussed at the mothership's council."

You kind of laugh, saying, "Is there orange juice around here?". The protoss' look at each other confused, then just say "No?"

Trinity bounces, grinning ear to ear.

The protoss are told by you that orange juice is one of the best substances known to man across the Koprulu sector. They look at each other again, saying nothing.

You then ask if you can see Jack and his squad. The protoss look at each other, then nod in agreement. The lead protoss speaks, "Very well."

Trinity squees again, and the protoss speaks, "Follow me.. and is the woman okay?"

You make sure the protoss know she is, then follow them. The mothership is *massive*. It's a long 20 minute walk through the advanced architecture before you finally come up to the door that leads to room Jack is apparently in. Trinity smiles, hugging you, the two new recruits, and Maribeth to vent her excitement.

The doors slide open, and Jack is with his squad playing cards. Trinity runs in, tackling him in a hug. Maribeth raises an eyebrow, and Jack let's out a grunt, then a laugh when he realizes who it is. The protoss ushers you in.

Everyone in, you ask the protoss before he lives why he made you think that Jack and his team were dead. He pauses, then decides to talk , saying, "We had to make sure you didn't see us is all, and we thought of that quickly." He then leaves, the door closing.

Jack looks at you, greeting you happily, saying "Good to see you again." Trinity now stops clinging to him, walking a couple of feet back grinning. Jack speaks, "I bet a lot happened?"

You nod, saying a lot did, but otherwise not answering his question. You ask if you think you'd be able to help destroy the Zerg with the protoss.

Jack thinks, "Probably. They seem friendly, but I heard we're getting dropped off at a planet with some other humans to reinforce them."

You ask what the enemies are going to be on this planet. Jack replies gravely, "Lot's of Zerg. 'Fraid you weren't able to get much training after all. You'll get to experience real combat very fast in your military career I guess."

Trinity's grin starts to fade, and she speaks, "This reunion wasn't the happiest."

Jack smirks , "Ahh we can still enjoy each others company. Take a seat, all of ya." He motions to empty chairs. Trinity takes the seat next to Jack, who speaks, "So.. what happened down on the planet?"

You tell Jack about what happened in his absence, from the Isaac and Clark fiasco, at which Maribeth frowns at, to the whole mass barracks murder. You tell about how the Protoss were finding who they deemed important to save, and how the planet is going to get classed. Jack seems distressed at this, his fingers curling, but then he calms himself. "Eh.. it was going to be exterminated by the Zerg soon anyway."

It grows silent momentarily. Jack walks to a bag, throwing an orange juice to to you with a grin. "I had some of these on me."

You take the orange juice happily, chugging it down like a drunkard. You grin at Jack happily, then say, "At least the Zerg can't spread to other planets if they're glassed." He nods, saying that he sees your point.

The protoss from earlier walks in, saying that the mothership will be leaving tomorrow morning. He then walks back out.

Jack smirks, "Looks like you got on just in time." Trinity nods, "I'm just glad I get to see my old squad again." The squad nods at her, welcoming her back like they'd forgotten to. Laughs are shared, and time passes until everyone is sleeping in their own corner of the room.

You're waken up at 9:00 am by Jack, and the other people in the room seem to already be awake. They all seem to be lazing around the room. Trinity speaks , wondering out loud if she'll get food - after all do Protoss eat?

As if to answer her question, a Protoss walks in with a box of Battle Mix, saying that he believes this is what humans use for nourishment. He sets down the Battle Mix, leaving the room again. You, Maribeth, Trinity, and Jack's squad all grab some bags to eat.

Jack speaks, "So I got some new news. It's.. not so pleasant. We're heading to a Dominion facility on a planet near here, boys - and girls."

The team nods. Jack speaks again, "Get your stuff packed up, we're jumping to light speed to get there quickly soon. I believe we're being dropped off a few miles away from the facility. They'll use some cloaking technology to get us there safely. But be prepared to walk, and hope we don't run into trouble. Although I'm sure we're capable."

The team walks off, gathering their things and chatting. Trinity is packing stuff into her emergency box she had kept. Jack is conversing with his team , him apparently already being done. You take orange juice for good measure. Man this stuff stays good for a long time.

Time passes as everyone packs up, and eventually the Protoss that escorted you earlier walks in the door. He tells everyone to get ready for the jump. Everyone gets on a wall, not sure of what will happen. The room is now surrounded with soldiers, and you see a space by Maribeth, and a space by Trinity, who are standing on opposite sides.

Trinity eyes you over, and you walk to Maribeth. She stops looking at you when you do so, looking in the other direction. Maribeth nods somewhat curtly, and somewhat politely. The room goes silent, waiting for the space jump. The silence in the room grows heavy, before suddenly you are blasted by energy. You're stuck against the wall as the ship travels.

Everyone on the far wall slams from that side to the other, the only thing stopping them from splatting is the reinforced gravity in the room.

You hear groans of pain as people are knocked around for a few moments, before the warp ends. People are disoriented, dizzy, and falling to the floor. You feel the dizziness yourself, falling onto the ground. One person is throwing up on the room opposite of you, Trinity bouncing out of the way. Jack seems fine.

You're on the ground , Maribeth is leaning on the wall above you, regaining balance.

You jump onto your feet from the ground laying down. You do it like a break dancer might. You tell your allies to calm down and orient themselves. It takes a few minutes, but soon everyone is on their feet. Trinity walks to you, laughing about the experience. She says, "They really should of worked on the artificial gravity for that."

The Protoss escort walks in the room after Trinity says that. "I understand we messed up with the jump for you guys.. our apologies."

The people in the room grumble , but otherwise seem okay. The Protoss continues, "Please, follow me now."

Everyone is picking up their boxes, Trinity and Maribeth's are on the opposite sides of the room getting there things. You notice Jack doesn't see his orange juice bag, and you see some other two men in the room squabbling, their voices steadily getting higher.

You grab two orange juices, slipping one into your bag. You walk to Maribeth, all the while the two men's argument gets louder. You hand her an orange juice with a cocky grin, and she frowns, waving it away. You bend over to help her get her stuff.

Jack grabs his orange juice bag, scanning the room for who did it. He spots you, walking towards you.

You try to get away from Jack, but there is not much of a crowd to disperse into. He walks up to you, a stern glare. Then he laughs. "Could of just asked for one, y'know." Maribeth giggles, having also thought you were a goner.

Jack speaks again, "Anyways get your stuff, we're going now." Everyone picks up their things, and stands at attention before Jack, whom turns and walks out the door. Everyone follows him through the halls, until you are in the hangar. Protoss are waiting for you here, and guide you to a transport vehicle. The bottom of it opens up into a ramp, and people shuffle through. You follow along, into the vehicle.

The inside is futuristic. It glows, and has many lights. It's tinted a light blue. There is a strip of buttons on one wall, and they seem recently installed. There's a door on the far side of the section of the transport you're in, and it doesn't seem to have any way to open. There are some cubbyholes in one corner, and other walls are lined with what seems like a bench. The floor is see through like glass, although right now you only see the ground of the hangar bay.

You look in the cubbies and they're blank, although you see other member's of Jack's squad doing the same. You put your stuff in a cubby next to where Jack put his, and soon everyone else seems to follow suit.

It doesn't take long for the cubbies to be full. The humans in the room all sit down on the long bench, you scooting between Maribeth and Trinity. Suddenly you feel yourself lock into place, some invisible force keeping you - and everyone else - sitting down. At first a wave of panic hits everyone, but they soon calm down.

The door of the ship closes, and lights blink on brighter. You feel the ship starting up with a whir. Suddenly it shoots out of the hangar, and everyone slams into each other like dominoes, before the ship levels out at least. After a few minutes of getting yourself together, you look out the window to see yourself cruising straight towards a volcanic red planet full of lava. Trinity gulps, and Jack seems mesmerized.

You hold Trinity's arm , telling her that you'll protect her. Maribeth twitches, and seems not to notice - or pretends to. Hearing murmurings from everyone now, you decide to ask Jack what is going on. He responds gravely, "Welcome to Char.."

Apparently other people had heard, and suddenly the murmurings turn into frantic talking. Everyone is in a state of panic, although they are restrained by the bench. A lava flare is seen on the planet's surface. Maribeth tries her hardest to show more fear, and Trinity melts, eyes lolling back as she passes out, slumping against you.

One of Jack's squad members shouts, "What are we going to do!"

You give the knocked out Trinity a quick hug, then look at the transport area door that lead's to the Protoss' captain deck. You would ask him, but once again you seen no way to actually get in. Maribeth slightly loses her cool, trembling once before regaining composure. Even Jack himself seems to be trying to hold himself together.

Trinity wakes up, looking around then shaking as she thinks about what is going to happen. Maribeth starts shaking too, when a voice penetrates your mind, and appears to penetrate everyone elses.

"This is your driver.. everyone is going to be sent in a pod to one of your battlecruisers that are nearby. Please choose a partner and distance yourself from others."

Maribeth and Trinity both look at you, wondering your decision.

You nod a Trinity, telling her that you choose her to go in the pod with you. Although it's just a pod to the battlecruiser, it was still a vital choice in the women's minds. Maribeth nods solemnly, turning on her heel quickly and half storming half walking away. Trinity slinks away into a corner, feeling slightly guilty. As you go over to walk with her, you see Maribeth partner up with a random member of Jack's marines.

Trinity asks you why you chose her over Maribeth - adding she thinks you hurt her. How how she would of been if you chose Maribeth, "Completely totally fine with it, uh huh yup."

You raise your eyebrow at her curious wording, but decide to leave it at that. A few minutes of waiting, and the the walls open up next to each partner group. You see the pod chamber, and it looks like it can maybe fit 3 people. You step in with Trinity, Maribeth watching, but she then is pulled into her pod.

The door slides closed, and you are Trinity are both in the windowed pod, in the distance you see the battlecruisers. You scoot awkwardly to the right side of the pod, with her on the left side. You twiddle your thumbs, and she hums, waiting to see if you'll talk. The pod rumbles, starting up.

You decide to speak up, asking her if she likes you or Jack better. She just awkwardly looks down. She says nothing, and the pod makes more starting up noises.

Again you talk, telling her "When we get to Char, try not to get into any trouble.". She lifts her head, slowly nodding before awkwardly standing there again. You hear a countdown , and the pod shoots off into space.

Char is beneath you as you are flying over to the battlecruiser, and it seems malevolent. As if it were alive, and just wanting to murder you right where you stand. Trinity is also staring at the planet, facing away from you. You're both looking into the devil's eye.

After a few minutes of flying in space, your pod is caught in a tractor beam of the battlecruiser. It pulls you into it's hangar, and you see the door of your pod sliding open, with crewmen looking to see who is inside. The other pods also appear in the hangar by you, having been held in. The man peering inside speaks, telling you to identify yourselves and state why you're here.

You quickly speak, not sure what the man would do otherwise. You tell him you were ejected here by Protoss to help fight on Char - and to kill hordes of Zerg of course. A sir is added in to the back, trying to sound respectful in front of this stranger.

He nods slowly, helping you out, saying, "M' name is Finn Inty. Although must people call me Infinity. I suppose the more people here, the better. Come on out - and who's your pretty friend?"

Trinity turns pink, and she croaks, "Trinity." Infinity chuckles, then tells you to wait here. You see Maribeth getting out of her pod with the random marine she had chosen, and the other members of Jack's squad - and Jack, also getting out. They seem to have also gotten on friendly grounds with the hangar bay workers that had helped them out.

Finn returns with a clipboard, asking you too how you're going to help out with the effort on Char. Trinity tells him that she is a medic, although she says front line work isn't her specialty. After she finishes, you tell him that you're a Viking pilot, and he frowns gravely, not saying anything.

You ask him what's wrong, and he just shakes his head, muttering, "Char is very unfriendly in the skies. G'luck boy.."

Trinity has worry flash across her face, looking at you with distress. You notice a man with a clipboard talking to Maribeth as well, and then notice her suddenly have a look of distress - apparently she had been told the same news.

The man tells you to get to the pilot deck, leaving you and saying he assumes you know your way there. You and Trinity walk to a far wall of the Bay, and there are two doors. One is marked with a yellow mark, the other with a green. The green one is on the left, with the yellow one being on the right. Trinity hmms.
You point at the yellow door, suggesting you try that one. Trinity nods at you, and you walk through it as it automatically opens for you, sliding up into the ceiling. It's a long metallic hallway, with the occasional wires hanging out of the ceiling. It stretches down maybe 40 feet, before having a left and right turn. The left probably leads to the back side of the ship, and you assume that would be the wrong way. You turn right, following this hallway down.

You arrive on a small map on a hallway wall, with a little "you are here" circled. It doesn't take long for you to navigate to the captain's room.

The room is fairly massive, one side being a giant window of sorts - the front of the battlecruiser. It's heading towards char, and you notice other battlecruisers to your left and right doing the same. The room itself is the same gray metal as the rest of the ship, with a 3x3 tile design on the floor. Stairs lead up to the window, and there is a battlemap hologram in the center of the room. A few men are standing around it, talking. On the far side is a lot of monitors, with one woman watching them like an eagle. On the wall closest to you (you entered on the left side of the captain room, if you were facing the window.) is a comm system, with one man on a swivel chair spinning mindlessly, and bored like.

You walk to whom you assume to be the captain, who is standing by the battle map hologram - a man with a very official looking uniform. Several medals adorn his upper left chest, and his suit is a peridot green. A silken sea blue sash diagonally rests across his frame. It is adorned with more badges. His hair is black and straight, cut short to his scalp, not that you can see any of his darkened beige skin.

He eyes you and Trinity over, speaking before you can, "I assume you're some of the people from the pods? Got here fairly quickly, good job. I am Admiral Acroz Nakayk. I serve under Prince Mengsk. Once your other friends get here, we'll talk more. There is some explaining that needs to be done. Also there's some old secretary guy looking for a Rokan? Is this you?"

After you answer yes, Acroz nods at you, motioning you over to a corner of the room. You see the old desk man from the complex - the grumpy one that gave you your papers to become a viking.

You walk over to the old secretary, trembling on your way over. Then you realize, you're a big viking pilot now! You put on a big happy grin, saying, "Hi!". The man grumbles, squinting, then his eyes widen. At first he shows excitement, but he quickly extinguishes it. He speaks in a monotonous voice, "Oh - it's you. And I see you have a girlfriend now." He eyes Trinity over, whose eyes widen and she starts turning red.

Taking a moment to pause and look at the embarrassed Trinity, you firmly answer yes to the old secretary. ((Somewhere, some how , you hear Maribeth screaming.. xD)) Trinity double-takes, muttering, "W-what?! I a-what?!" She seems shocked.

The secretary chuckles, "Making a move? Bahahaha."

Trinity pinches herself, snapping out of her shock. She squeaks, "Okay." The secretary lets out another laugh, "Young love, ahah. Back in my day we both knew we were dating, it wasn't a secret to the other."

Trinity lets out an awkward, 'heheh'. She backs away, grabbing your hand to signal she wants to leave. The secretary sees this, saying one last thing, "M'name is Ratgor, if you need something ask. I'm grumpy, but not a bad guy."

Trinity nods, smiling sweetly as she turns with you in hand, asking you who you should talk to while waiting on the others to arrive.

You grin, deciding to be smooth. You tell Trinity you want to talk to her. She turns a deep red, then gets out a, "Heh okay". You pass the time, discussing all the past events that have happens. After all, in a very short time span you've been through a lot. You both walk over to the door you came in from, figuring you'll meet your team as they walk through. Trinity sits down on a wall with you, babbling.

After a few minutes, Jack walks in. He looks down at the both of you, raising an eyebrow. He grunts, moving on to go talk to the Captain. He seems content with that, discussing Char and battle strategies.

Maribeth now walks in, and she stares down at you. Trinity smiles sheepishly, and it looks like Maribeth is ticked.

Awkwardly looking up at Maribeth, you simply say, "Um bye" quickly, trying to get yourself out of the situation. You stand, walking towards the battle make with Trinity in tow. Maribeth fumes, in disbelief you'd act like this after you've been friends with her through all that's happened. The rest of the squad shows up, ushering Maribeth through the door.

You're hustled over to the battle maps, where Jack is talking to the Captain. Maribeth asks him what the plan is.

Jack replies, smiling at his team, "We're going to be holding off zerg to try to keep them away from some soldiers called Raynor's Raiders."

Murmurs of 'I've heard of them!' and 'Wha?' come from the small squad gathered.

He continues, "We'll not be that close to them, but we'll be making sure they don't get surrounded. It's reported the Queen of Blades herself is here, boys. There's a Xel' Naga relic also, but we won't be near that. That's the Raiders job to protect. Apparently we're taking the Zerg down today."

People are in a frenzy for a few moments. Kerrigan. One of the strongest members of the swarm. You're going to possibly even see her. Trinity actually manages to keep her cool from this news.

Really, you should of expected it. Char is the zerg home world. You guess that you just pushed the thought out of your head, and was hoping she'd be on another planet. You shiver at the thought of meeting her. Jack continues.

"Men, you've all be an inspiration to me. Even with our newer members.." He motions to you and Maribeth, "..You've all shown power. Courage. Wisdom. ((Triforce :D)" Bravery runs through the blood of all of you.

Jack looks at you, "Rokan, when you aced all those Viking simulations, you showed wisdom. You took command and figured out strategy."

Jack now looks at Maribeth, "Maribeth, you showed courage and bravery following Rokan's strategies, and employing some of your own. It takes bravery to follow a leader's orders." Maribeth is unsure whether she likes following your orders, after what you did. But she smiles and nods.

Jack looks at Trinity, "Trinity, you've been in my squad for a very long time. You're one of the best pilots I've had the pleasure of meeting. You heal men well, and will get the job done no matter the costs. You have power in your actions."

He gives the same short speech to the other four members of his squad. They all accept his compliments with pride.

"Now, back to strategy" he continues, "We'll be dropping about a mile south of the Raiders. We need to make sure no zerg get through. We'll have some help from Prince Valerian and his fleet and squads, of course. Nothing can get through. You all can make sure it happens, as everyone on this mission is the best we got. The Protoss glassed the complex, but made sure to take the best of the best with them. Tomorrow, we'll be fighting for freedom. Freedom from the zerg, freedom from Kerrigan, freedom from fear!"

Jack's voice gets higher, "Tomorrow there will be no losing! Everyone's name will go down in history! The zerg will be eliminated! They will be cut down from their foundation tomorrow! Our guns are our axes, our ships are our saws! Does everyone here understand this?!"

A roar of approval erupts, even from members of the battlecruiser that don't belong to Jack's squad. They were listening as well.

He adds one last thing, "Does anyone have anything to add!?"

You glance around, taking a daring step forward. You exclaim with pride, " Let's kick some Zerg tail, and drink orange juice!" You grin like an idiot, and the personnel in the room - and your squadmates - erupt into cheering. Jack lets out a chuckle, then turns to face everyone.

"Squad, you'll find yourself each having your own suite. It is built for a Prince, as we are in one of his fleet's battlecruisers. Outside in the hallway you came in through should be a map of the ship. Find your room there - it's marked with your name. Go."

All of your squad mates rush out like children entering an arcade. Perhaps it's the sense of this may be their last night to sleep - if they can sleep. Or perhaps it's the thrill of being treated like royalty. Whatever it is, they're already finding their rooms and running off before you can even start moving.

Running over to a wall near the exit, you grab a fire extinguisher from a dispenser. Why they'd even have one of these you have to wonder. Maybe because you're going to Char? Who knows. You run back to Trinity, then you both head off to the map.

She gets ahead of you, eyes the map for a few seconds, then runs off in search of it, yelling, "Sleeeeeeeeep." You think she has the right idea - you'll need a lot of it for tomorrow.

The map shows your room on the very far side of the battleship. Lovely. It's time to get walking - you do want to be able to try to sleep at the least. Even if it may be a restless night.

You decide to get walking. The ship is just like any other military like thing. Metal grates of a dim faded gray color, rusted pipes, wires occasionally hanging from the ceiling. Rats occasionally scurry. Must be space rats or something, seeing as how they managed to get in a spaceship.

After a quarter of an hour of walking, you arrive at your door. You can tell this is definitely it - the gold rims contrast to the gray of the halls. You push open the door, and gasp in amazement. The glossy tiled floors shine. Each tile has a gold spiral staring from the center. It has several 'arms' that each connect at the next tile. It all seems interlinked.

The walls have half columns every 10 feet or so, and have a gold diagonal stripe design. On the right side there is a large window. It overlooks space, and Char. It looks breathtaking - Char gives off a chilling beauty. Next to the window is your large bed. It has a golden checkered wither silver bedspread. Several plush pillows sit against the front of the bed. The ends of the comforter are knotted together in balls.

A bathroom with silver appliances is behind another golden door on the opposite side of the room from the bed. The far side of the room is a small kitchen for personal use. An unlit hearth is in a corner farther behind the bed.

The first thing you do is take a swig from the orange juice in your pack. It refreshes you, and you feel happy. The thought crosses your mind to visit Trinity. Then another - You have no idea where her room is, or how far away it is. You do need lots of sleep, so you disregard this idea.

The room invites you in, but you decide to instead run to the bathroom and grab more toilet paper. You could probably make a 1:1 scale model of an ultralisk with how much you have now. You set your fire extinguisher down by your bed, and walk over to the hearth. You press a button and it lights up, already fueled.

The room feels warm now, and safe. Safe from the horrors on the planet that's currently beneath you. You put your orange juice in the fridge, use the restroom, then crawl into your soft bed. Pulling the comforters off, you quickly are overwhelmed by the overpowering urge of sleep.

It doesn't take long before you're sleeping soundly.

-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

You wake up early, around 5:00 am. An intercom blares, telling you to get to the Captain's room. You grab a backpack from a previously unnoticed closet, and stuff all your toilet paper and orange juice into it. You also put in your fire extinguisher. That thing is like a black hole or something.

You rush to get dressed, getting into a simple and drab military uniform. Today's your big day. Humanity's big day.

You rush out the door backpack and all, running down the halls. Anxiety and excitement are eating away at every fiber of your being. You gulp down fear, running for a good 7 minutes. Finally you arrive in Captain's room. You're out of breath, and everyone else is already here. Guess it's because your room was farthest.

Jack greets you , and you get in line with the others. The Admiral, Acroz, stands before you in the same uniform you'd seen him in the day before. He looks at everyone, then speaks curtly.

"You all know what you're doing out there.. follow me to your pods."

So this is it, no speeches. You're going now to Char. Trinity walks with you as you follow Acroz out of the Captain's room. She speaks, "So, Rokan.. today's a big day, eheh?"

She definitely seems scared. You comfort her, and say, "We'll make it. We're the best of the best. The Zerg won't defeat us."

She smiles weakly, walking without saying a word.

The group soon arrives at the drop pod room. It's located in the hangar. Acroz orders everyone to their respective section, organized by job. You join the Viking section, and it's just you and Maribeth.

She waits for you to speak, and you don't take long. "Maribeth, I'm sorry, about Trinity. But, there will be other people for you."

She smiles, forgiving you with her eyes - at least that's what you're reading. She suddenly lunges at you, hugging you tightly. You hug her back, patting her. She releases after a few seconds, and turns to Acroz.

After everyone is situated, he speaks with authority, "Get into your mechs, or suits. They're behind a door in your section."

Everyone turns around, going in their door. You and Maribeth climb into vikings. You really can't fit back through the door, so you walk your viking into the pod - it's hanging off the wall in this small room. Acroz' voice boom's in the room, "Most of you probably can't fit - get in your pods. You'll be deploying in 1 minute."

Maribeth gives you a thumbs up from her viking. The voice chat button is there, along with everything else. It's just like the simulation. This thing is real though.

A robotic voice: "T-minus 45 seconds."..

Time passes exceptionally slowly..

"T-minus 30 seconds."

Getting closer.. You whisper a silent prayer for all your friends.

"T-minus 15 seconds."

You flex your hands. This is it..

"5.."

Gulp

"4"

"3"

A tear rolls down Maribeth's face.

"2.."

The pod doors slam shut.

"1. Deploy"

Maribeth screams "No!"

You're falling. She's falling.
Fast.

You're now hurdling through space, everything becoming an unfocused blur. You're pulled down , barely able to move. You reach your arm slowly, battling the forces keeping you down. Slapping the voice chat button quickly, its light stops blinking, remaining lit up, signaling for you to talk. Your arm slaps against your viking's armrest.

Trying to calm the frenzied Maribeth, you scream into the comm, battling the noise of the pod, "Things will be alright Maribeth! Gotta woman up! We'll make it through this, we're the best pilots in our old compound!"

No response - not that you didn't expect it, she probably just couldn't battle the gravity. Straining your head, you see you've entered the Char atmosphere. Red , dark, brooding clouds surround you, sulfur starting to cloud the pod window. It's dark dirt like substance takes over soon, and you're enclosed in darkness.

A loud BEEP BEEP BEEP starts wailing, telling you you'll be hitting the ground soon. You start rapidly slowing down, mechanisms in the pod kicking in. After a few moments of waiting, you smash into the ground, although it's not like you fly into the ceiling - actually, you didn't really feel anything negative at all.

The pod's blue and gray exteriors fold out, revealing you the harsh landscape of Char. It's red, barren, and cracked stone is pretty much the floor. Whether this is old creep or dried up lava, you're not sure. Occasional lava spouts appear in the distance, and there is a dense suede fog. It permeates the air, and you see mirages blurring the horizon.

What looks like dark dirty red patches of minerals dot the mountains. A small river of lava snakes around nearby. Molten rocks flow along with it, hissing and bubbling.

Maribeth has landed nearby, she spins her Viking in a 360 to get a full look of things. You do as well, and notice behind you is a large plateau blocking your view of whatever is behind it.

You walk your Viking up the plateau, going to the far side of it to get a good look. You debated shooting wildly to draw attention to yourself, but your allies haven't landed yet, and 2 vs the Zerg on their home world seems like a bad idea.

The plateau cracks underneath your feet under you as you walk. Maribeth starts walking behind you, also curious. It is only around 50 feet long, so you're soon at its peak.

You stare out at it in shock. Maribeth walks up, and you see what looks like a gasp, her hand covering her mouth. The land stretches eerily, mangled bodies of fallen soldiers litter the area. Slain Zerg are also here, their bodies sometimes locked in combat with a marine, claws deep in the flesh of your allies.

No one is alive , at all. You see a large hole where a Nydus worm must have burrowed, it appears to have cut off the Terran when they had tried to retreat. It was futile for them, and a pile of bodies is stacked near the gaping hole.

Maribeth's voice appears over your comm, "I think I see one of the bodies moving!"

Sure enough, you see a Terran twitching, his body occasionally shifting. As you try to get a better look you hear a THUD THUD THUD THUD THUD THUD. You turn around to investigate the noise, and see Jack's squad - along with Trinity - have arrived. You have before you four marines, a medic, and then Jack. This small force trying to keep Zerg at bay? This is a suicide mission! You think to yourself.

You're about to tell this to everyone, already marching over to them and forgetting about the possibly alive Terran, when several ghosts decloak, along with some landed banshees. Better, much better. An SCV that had apparently been riding with the banshee steps out, placing down a small box. He starts working it, and it begins unfolding into some mysterious shape.

Maribeth begins walking towards the group, and you're on the edge of the plateau.

You decide to walk with Maribeth, abandoning the plateau, for now at least. You get to the group - not a large one, but hopefully it will be able to hold out long enough for the Raiders to do whatever it is they are doing. The image of the moving body flashes in your head. You pop the cockpit window open, calling to Jack. He walks over, and you relay the news about the body.

The SCV continues to build his building, and it seems to be becoming a domed type space. Jack frowns solemnly, and tells you to come with him to investigate. You head off with him, and Maribeth stays behind, watching the SCV do his work.

The two of you are at the top of the plateau again, and the body still seems to be slightly moving, almost crawling. Jack stares down at it from where he is - it's maybe a 20 feet drop so he can't exactly walk up to it. He calls out to it, telling the body to move its right hand if it can hear him. It doesn't.

Jack looks left, then right. He makes a decision in his head, turning left and walking to the end of the plateau - it slopes off into the valley. He crosses down, then starts walking towards the body. He gets two feet away from it, staring, before asking the same question he had previously asked.

This time, it answered. As if possessed, the body rose up. Now that you could see the front, you could see that it is covered in blood, and mangled, and torn. It.. had to be dead..How? Jack takes a few steps back, when your question was answered.

An Infestor unburrows itself from the ground, shooting green sacs out and spreading it around the area Jack is. The risen body raises its rifle, but Jack is too quick, firing at the Infestor and breaking its link with the body. They both fall to the ground.

You see your team running up from their landing positions, to see what the gunfire is. Before they make it up, the eggs hatch and infested terran are surrounding Jack. In the sea of bodies - and including the large pile you saw by the Nydus worm chasm, there is a ripple of movement. Then it happens.

Nearly every body you see rises up, raising their rifles. The infested terran are also trained on Jack. He's pinned. Your team walks up to the plateau, and gasps in horror at what they are witnessing.

All is silent. The wind howls through the valley. Time stands still. There's too many. So many. Swarms. Jack.

You scream from your Viking, raising your fist inside your cockpit, "FIRE!" Your voice shatters the silence like a light infused hammer smashing a mirror, echoing across the valley. All at once your squad fires down at the infested terran and neuroparasited bodies. Their guns also start firing.

It is too late. While the threat has been neutralized ... so has Jack. There were too many. Your squad couldn't kill them all before they all fired on him at once, ripping his combat armor to pieces. He's crumpled heap on the floor, his blood adding to the bath already existent.

The eerie silence returns. Every man and women stands quietly, staring in disbelief. Already a casualty. Jack is already gone. Your team raises their visors - Maribeth raises her cockpit. Wind flicks everyone's hair side to side. Time is again stuck in place.

A tear rolls down one squad member's face. Then another. Then another. Everyone sheds tears. You've been on Char for such a small amount of time.. But the zerg have already taken someone. Where was the grand battles where no one fell, and they held out? This was a terrible sneak attack, taking Jack's life without much done that could of stopped it.

This is when you had a euphemism. The Zerg were striven to kill, striven to follow the commands given by Kerrigan. The zerg, they didn't care how they killed. They didn't care who they killed. They didn't care when, or where. You didn't either.

You pressed down your cockpit. You flicked switches, and your Viking started transforming, lifting off. Soon it started zooming away. Sitting here and waiting for a building to finish, and hoping Zerg came your way wasn't going to solve anything! You had to take action! Not waste time!

Voices exploded in your radio, asking you what the heck you were doing, or telling you your going to kill yourself. You didn't care. This wasn't for you, it was fun all of the Koprulu sector. You muted everyone that was clamoring. In the silence a female voice appeared - Trinity.

"Why?"

In that one word, there were so many more. Anger. Misunderstanding. Confusion. Hopelessness. Regret. Hope.
Edited by Zorca on 4/24/2011 2:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Posts: 3,056
Reserving
Reply Quote
Posts: 3,056
Reserving
Reply Quote
Posts: 468
Try to get up
Edited by RCIX on 3/11/2011 8:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
Posts: 3,056
03/11/2011 8:15 PMPosted by RCIX
Try to get up

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2228423573?page=11#211
That's the actual adventurer, this is just the documented parallel
Reply Quote
MVP
Posts: 7,034
You should offer links at the very top of the OP of the 3 threads so far and use this as your central hub kinda thing.

Zorca's Text Adventure: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2222192984
Zorca's Text Adventure Two: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2228423573
Zorca's Text Adventure Three: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2228414501

BTW, I really love this, great idea, ;). Kinda reminds me of those old Goosebumps books, where you decide what happens... "Turn to page 21 if you walk into the dark house. Or, turn to page 32 if run and call for help?"
________________________________________________
The Chat Gem Lives!
Edited by Sixen on 3/13/2011 1:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
Posts: 5,396
((If text is in [ ] that means it was a command given in the adventure.))

You are a normal human civilian on a colony. You've heard rumors of Zerg appearances on your planet. You live in a normal home, with the normal propaganda. Just like everyone else, you work a job, make a living, and entertain yourself with whatever it is you do.

You've just gotten home from your job, and you put your coat on it's rack, and your briefcase on the counter.You're golden retriever greets you, and you pet it affectionately. Sometimes you feel he's your only friend on this outcast planet. You look around your cluttered living room, the fireplace and it's coal prod, you're TV in it's corner, and your tattered couch. You open your refridgerator, looking through it, pouring some juice and opening the freezer. Just some frozen meat. You close it again, picking up your juice and walking to the couch. You sit down, pressing the remote TV on button, when you hear screaming outside.

You walk all the way back to your kitchen, pouring out the orange juice and putting soup in the microwave. You're juice is now WASTED. You grab beer.
You hear more screaming outside now. You're TV babbles on about infomercial stuff.
----------
[INVENTORY]
BEER
CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP

You try to scoop at your sink, but the juice is already gone, never to return to your presence again. The screaming continues.
----------
[INVENTORY]
BEER
CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP

Beer in mouth you walk to your door. You mourn the loss of your orange juice, and you open your door. You see dead people littering the streets, although no trace of what actually happened. You stand there bewildered.
Laced with sorrow, you try to pretend the massacre in front of you isn't there. You down your beer, talking to the dead people saying "Ahh that's the stuff". If they were alive, they'd give you weird looks.

In your drunken state, you imagine a race of pointy eared and blue humanoids. You decide to walk down the street in hopes to find a house of them. You trip on a dead person.

---------
[INVENTORY]
Chicken Noodle Soup

[Decide the dead person looks tasty and put it in the stove back at home.]

The dead person is too heavy for you. You try to lift him up. At this point you're smashed, and you hear a screech down the road. You're hands are covered in blood, although you pick up an arm from him. You put it in your briefcase, deciding it's good enough

----------
[INVENTORY]
Chicken Noodle Soup
Severed Arm

You take out the arm and start gnawing at it. A chunk of raw flesh is swallowed and you feel positively ill. You walk down the street, bloody army in hand, sort of Z-walking across the road in a drunken and crazy state. You wonder what sort of marvels will be there. You step over the mass of dead people carefully, they all appear to be torn up.

You continue with your drunken hobble, stopping to throw up on a dead person. Eating raw arms isn't safe, apparently. After you're done vomiting, you decide to finish the dead person off, defecating on him. After that, you start further walking towards the screeching. It is getting later, and darker.

You stop , deciding before walking head first and looney into the screeching, to see what tools are available. The dead massacre is starting to get thinner, and you see one of the bodies had tried to defend itself with a newspaper. A look to your right and you see a broken mailbox post, a look to your left and you see a garden hose. You stop to think about what to do, scratching your chin with the severed arm.

You drop your severed arm onto the ground, and pick up the broken mailbox post. You feel it's wooden texture, getting a splinter. It seems like it might make a good weapon if you need one. One end is pointed like a stake. The screeching starts to get more quiet, and dim wails are heard.

-------------
[INVENTORY]
Chicken Noodle Soup
Broken Mailbox Post

Post in hand, you continue to walk down the road. The wails get louder and the screeches stay about the same. Interpret what that means as you will. The blood here is fresher, the bodies littered on the streets ripe with fear in their cold faces. A husband and wife are found with each other in their dead arms, hobbled together until their final moments.
You momentarily stop walking towards the ailing cries, to roll around on the blood pool of the dead couple. You're now soaked in blood, smell nasty, but your chicken noodle soup is protected by your briefcase luckily. Your stake is also covered in blood. You look up to see what looks like the local military's drop ships.

[Look for communication device of some kind]

No communication devices are around you, just the remains of dead people, and whatever lawn ornaments spotted lawns.

[Throw severed limbs at dropships.]

You try to barrage the dropships, however they are waaaaaaaaaay too far away((Should of specified that sorry). They just fall to the floor in someone's yard.

You decide sound travels farther than arms, and scream to the dropships to come help you!

You see one coming towards you, miraculously.

[Flip them the bird and bathe in blood again.]

They don't see that, but they arrive on the scene. You grin and wave at them. Marines rush at you, tackling you the blood soaked man with bloody stake, surrounded by dead people. You're on the ground, disarmed and your briefcase a few feet away now.

[Try to Explain the Situation]

You swear to the drunk you aren't dominion. After this you explain you heard screeching , so you went outside to investigate! You took the post as a weapon, you tell them. They ask why you're covered in blood.

[You tell them that it's ketchup because you were making KD with your animal
friends. ]

You've already explained the situation, and they decide that you ARE drunk. A marine grabs you and lifts you up, another one taking your briefcase. They start walking you back to the dropship. You still hear a now far distant screech.

You ask the marine squad what the screeches you hear are. They all just solemnly look at each other, shaking their heads and quietly discussing things among themselves. They then turn to you and say "swamp gas".

[You ask if swamp gas is tasty.]

The marines facepalm unanimously, one of them bumping you on the head, calling you a loon. They start walking up the ramp, when a dark dot appears down the street, coming towards you. A screech is heard in that direction.

You cast your eyes from the dot, back to the marines, asking about how you can become one of them. They say that you could start training soon , if you were serious about it. Another one says that they doubt schizophrenics would do well, and another just mutters something to himself. The last marine glancing towards the dot, though he says nothing, and keeps on walking up the ramp.

You say you think you see something down the road, but the marines ignore you, telling you to be quiet. With the little spectacle you put on they don't really put much into your words. THe dropship ramp closes. It hasn't lifted yet, and you're set down. You're in a hangar with the other marines.

[State that I'm serious about becoming a marine (maybe then I'll learn what that dot and all of that screeching was)]

A marine speaks to another marine, saying "Jack why don't you talk to this guy"

Jack, you now know his name, says "If you are serious, then when this dropship returns from where it came from, we'll get you to a recruitment office." He says nothing more, just glancing around at the marines. You sit around for a while silently, one of the marines peering into your briefcase, seeing the soup and deciding you're mental.

Thud thud thud


The dropship door is hit against, Thud thud thud.
That thing on the horizon, must be doing something to the door now.
You stand up, and the marines make no move to stop you, they just slowly walk towards the door.

[Grab one of their gauss rifles while they're distracted and open fire on them and the door.]

Their firm robotic grip keeps it in their hand, and the marine you attempted to steal from backhands you a few feet backwards. You now have a bruised arm.

[Ask how you can help]

They motion for you to shush.

Thud thud thud

A marine inches towards the door opener lockpad, starting to dial.

It's so quiet you could hear a pin drop, it is eerie. What is on the other side of that door?

Thud thud thud

You rush to the wall-bench a marine had sat on, picking up your wooden stake.

Thud thud thud

Beeeeeeeeeep

THe door slowly starts to slide open.
[(surely there's a hand gun or something around?)

Cower in corner (not much else to do :P)]

You look around, realizing a stake miiiight not be the best weapon. You rush to a corner, stake in hand like a barricade. THe door opens fully, and you see a mutilated woman, crying. She sobs, and the marines stare at her in a shocked state. She forces out the words, saying

"Down the street.. there is a ton of..--" She is cut off, as a tentacle bursts into her cranium. She loses all life, and as if a puppet, rushes up to take a swing at a marine. Confused, he locks up, not sure whether to fire or not. Jack makes his decision, brutally backswinging the woman away, shooting at he until she's just crumpled remains. The tentacle burrows into the ground, another marine quickly closing the door.

[Ask Jack what that was]

You ask the lead marine what happened. He replies, saying

"Honestly son, I don't.. I don't know..I think it's -" He looks bewildered at your next action.

[Attack marine with stake.]

Your stake bounces off the marines combat suit. He growls at you. As he's about to swing at you, you feel a sharp needle penetrate your skin at your neck. You get sleepy, everything turning black as you pass out. You hear faintly, a female voice..

"Let's leave now"

[ "ok!"]

You mutter okay , passed out.
--=-=-=-=-=-=-=
You blink your eyes open. Must of been out for hours. You're sleeping in a bunk, the blood washed off you. A slight headache ails you, probably a hangover. You roll out, and no one is in the hangar. Judging by your senses, you're probably in the air. Chatter is heard behind a door at the far end of the hangar, and you note your briefcase laying on the floor. The door of the dropship is covered in blood.

[ Eat noodle soup.]

Your stomach rumbles, and you realize you never ate dinner yesterday. You open your briefcase, taking out the chicken noodle soup. Luckily it was preserved well, and you start drinking it like a liquid from the bowl. It's very cold, but still fills your stomach none the less.

[Head towards chatter (after eating soup)]

You close your briefcase, leaving it on the floor and walking towards the door to listen in. You hear tidbits of "Planet was overrun" , "So many dead", "Our own forces nearly useless". You try to decipher this, although it's fairly obvious what they are talking about.

[Put bowl on head.]

You walk back to your briefcase, putting the dirty bowl on your head to protect against that tentacle thing. You walk back to the door, and the same conversation goes on.

[ Inquire some more about becoming a marine]

You figure out how to open the door, walking through it. You see a medic driving the ship, and she turns to say "Ah, you're awake. Didn't think my little treatment would last that long." Jack also turns, waving at you.

You ask about that marine position, and Jack replies, "Well, we're currently back on a recruiting planet. You slept a long time bud. When we land we'll talk to some officers, mmk?"

[ Flip him the bird at hit on the medic.]

You're drunkness wears off, and you decide that's a stupid idea. The marines look back out the window, and you watch.

[Examine landscape]

You walk up next to the marines, looking through the window. One steps away from you, still not sure of your sanity.

The drop-ship is clearly moving fast, and you appear to be over a lush forested area. Waterfalls occasionally pass under you, and you hear a faint roar momentarily. You smile at the beauty, and look at the medic, quickly looking back away at the landscape. You occasionally see a building now, although it is still thickly forested.

[You ask what happened while you were out cold and while you were drunk last night.]

Jack speaks up , "The Zerg happened, boyo. They overtook most of the planet in one night, you're lucky you were alive. Not sure how you are to be honest. And while you were knocked out? We just went through space some and arrived on the planet we're flying over now.

[ You take the bowl off of your head]

You remove the bowl, holding it awkwardly. THe marine that had shuffled away from you , comes closer again, feeling safer. The drop-ship starts to slow down, and the forest gets less dense, more buildings popping up. On the horizon you see an actual city.

[Inquire about the condition of the crew and soldiers on the ship while observing the actions of the Medic]

The medic pilot responds, "Ah we're doing fine. We mopped up some zerg in another town, and that's when we came to you. Saw a guy waving, went to investigate, and here you are. We're all healthy, don't worry. Our team works well.

[Ask about when you will be landing and if you can get something
substantial to eat. Also, facepalm because you left your TV on?]

You inquire about landing time. Flying makes you just a bit ill. Or maybe that's the severed
arm talking, you aren't sure. While you're thinking of the arm incident, you remember you left the TV on. You frown, realizing your electric bill is going to suck.

The medic replies, saying " 'Round 10 minutes, get back in the hangar now."

You also ask about food, and the medic tosses you a pouch, marked "BattleMix"

You walk back to the hangar with the other marines, fastening up as Jack teaches you how.

[You try to take a rifle for protection. (Can't be to safe after what you remember from last night.)]

You take a rifle at the wall, and all the marines put up their combat shields, less out of defensive formation, and more out of fear of the crazy man handling a gun. Jack just smiles at you , saying nothing.
------------
[INVENTORY]
BattleMix

[ Inquire about the contents of BattleMix.]
You open the BattleMix..

[ Eat battlemix and lay down ]

You start munching on the trailmix like food, although you can tell it's been enriched and vitamin modified to give you a boost. You are unable to sit down, strapped in a sitting position to the wall, because landing is soon.
Over the intercom, you hear "Five minutes until landing, sit tight"

[ Brace. Mentally establish that you might have to ditch to survive.]

As the dropship starts to lose altitude, you wonder about your choice. Maybe you should of just asked to go to a nice civilian emergency home.((Beh couldn't think of a word. I mean a retirement home but for people who lost their homes in invasions or something))

You ponder whether it is worth it to leave this squad and not become a marine.

[You put the gauss rifle down. (Still feeling weak, you couldn't carry it for long w/o a powersuit) You ask Jack when they will be landing in an attempt to get him to stop grinning about your futile attempt to carry the gun.]

The gauss rifle is set down, and your arms are sore. Jack chuckles at you, and you smile meekly.

[ Grab the medic, give her a goodbye smooch, and jump.]

You think back to the medic who put you under. She's however behind a metal door, across the hangar that you're strapped to.
The dropship suddenly starts going straight down, and you feel vertigo. The marines seem fine, but you are disoriented once the dropship stops traveling quickly down.

[ After some thinking, you decide that it's not like you have much to go back to and don't change your mind.]

The dropship landed, you make your decision. You'll enlist to be a marine. After all your planet is probably gone. And being a refugee doesn't sound very fun.. The pilot door slides up, the medic walking through. The marines all unbuckle themselves, and you start clumsily working to remove your straps.

You eventually manage to get out of your straps, and a marine has already opened the hangar bay door.

[You ask where is the camp]


You ask Jack where you sign up, and he simply says to follow his squad. You all exit the door, and you're in some sort of building. THe drop ship must of gone through an opening and closing roof. The Squad is walking to a nearby hallway. Boxes surround the circular room, dotting the walls occasionally. You see doors next to the hallway, and then more doors in the hallway itself.

[Ask what is your team's objectrive.]

You ask what the squad is up to, and Jack replies again "Most of it is not something I can tell you. I can tell you our job is massacring the zerg wherever we can"

[You bend over and hurl from the vertigo. You look up to find an unhappy medic. (she is also covered in barf.)]

You vomit, the floor being spattered by your barf. The team frowns, but continues to walk, you stumbling towards them.

[ Ask if and why they believe Zerg are int he vicinity.]

You ask Jack and the squad about the Zerg. After all, this is apparently a warzone, and you think you're in a military base. He replies saying yes, there are zerg and they do lurk out in the forest. He says not to worry though, because the might of the military has kept them at bay. You keep walking through the hallway, passing doors.

[ Briefly turn to peek inside one of them. Then catch up and ask "So if the military is so mighty, why haven't the Zerg been exterminated already? Don't you have enough firepower? Tanks for example?"]

You dart away from the group for a moment, taking a peek in the window of a door. You see mech, and suits for terran infantry. You grin at the amazingness of it all, dashing back to the group. Pondering all that power in the room alone, you ask why the Zerg are still alive, what with all this firepower, and things like siege tanks.

A marine says "Ohh the Zerg are crafty . They are very large in numbers, outnumbering the combined might of our military by quite a lot. They can also burrow, and some of their mutations can fly!

Jack nods , agreeing, "I wish it were as simple as exterminating them. But they cover much of the Koprulu sector. It's not that easy, and they 'reproduce' I guess you could call it, very fast."

The hallway takes a turn , you following it. STill more doors, although at the end of this hall is a larger , special door that seems more exquisite.

[Search the area for any debris that can be used as a backup weapon.]

You decide that paranoia is going to get the best of you. What if the ZErg are here? You glance around, seeing a small crate on the side of the hall. Otherwise, it's very tidy.

[You try to peek inside the crate.]

It's locked.

[ You ask if the suits that you found are of any use. Also ask if anyone has any mech training.]

You ask about those suits and mechs you found. Jack replies again, you can tell he has
authority. "Those are for high personnel, but the ones you saw aren't in use. THey need to be worked on by our engineers stilll"

[Walk through the exquisite door]

The squad walks up to the door, dialing some things in on a keypad, they all wait.

[Ask about becoming a marauder instead]

Jack replies, standing outside the door as airlocks loosen and it starts to open , "Sheesh aren't you excited. This will aaaall get talked about behind this door"

[Peek at the code the marines are typing. Then scan the room for air vents.]

The code is already typed, although the glove hand obscured it. The hall definately has air vents. You tap your foot, waiting for the door to finish. It does, and inside is what appears to be an office of some sort.

[Raid the room for any info of who owned the office. Also, search for pens for your collection.]

THe room is full of people, with one larger desk with a seemingly important man sitting behindi t. Stealing pens is probably bad. You do see on the far wall however, "TerranCorps" painted neatly.

[Say "Epic door for an office..." Hope to see a hot secretary.

Really, there's no appropriate action except for: Look around.]

Jack just smirks at you, acknowledging your amazement for the office.

THe office definitely belongs to important people. Paints of military victories against zerg dot the walls, and it is hustly and bustly.

You stare at Jack, looking for guidance he presumes. He motions you forward, walking behind you as you walk to the main desk.

[Talk to the seemingly important man.]
Your group arrives at his desk, and the man frantically starts talking to Jack, "Mr. Stokovich, No civilians in here! This is classified! Ooh if the General saw this!"

Jack replies calmly "Relax, he's here to be recruited. We rescued him from the zerg attack on Sector Z26

The desk guy calms slightly, forking over a stack of papers, "Have him fill these out, and get him somewhere less.. here! I don't know just shoo!"

Mr Stokovich, AKA Jack, nods, handing you the papers. You accept them and he starts walking with, motioning for you.

You turn, grabbing a pen from the desk. The desk guy, who you presume is old (and he is overweight), grumbles at you, and you dart back to your group. THey duck into a room, you following them. It's a secluded room, and you get to work.

You wonder why you didn't simply ask for a pen. You decide the old man scares you.

You fill out the form
FORM:
NAME: Rokan
LAST NAME: Saxon
PLANET: Sector Z26
EMPLOYMENT UNTIL NOW: Laser-miner assembly
FAMILY?: Dog (probably deceased)
CIVILIAN NUMBER((Social security): 332-754-4242
Signature - Rokan Saxon

You finish filling out the form, nodding at your work and standing, telling Jack you have to go to the restroom, and turn these in. He motions for his team to split and do whatever, then walks with you. You take a bathroom break, relieving yourself. Back to the office with Jack you go, walking up to the Desk.

[Ask to become a War Pig ]

The Old man grumble to himself, saying that's for veterans only. He does ask you what you want to be , military personnel wise, however.

You decide in your head you want to be a Viking pilot. You tell this to the old man, saying "I think I'd like to learn how to fly and shoot big missiles. Y' know, a viking".

Instantly most of the marines (who had come out of that form room) interject, knowing how nuts you were. Jack silences them all, and the Old Man fills in the information. He nods at you, saying "Be here by 6:00am sharp tomorrow morning!". You back away, nodding, now even more scared of this grumpy man.

Jack and his team walk off , motioning for you to follow. You're in a different hallway, although it's similar to the last one, this one is less empty and more inhabited.

You walk into the barracks, Jack patting you on the back, "You got put as part of our Squad. Lucky you. Now, get some rest, you'll need it.

You first find a fridge, opening it up and getting some much needed refreshment, although you go with a light beer. You set the alarm that is on the wall, and fall asleep.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

You wake up, stretching and looking across the room. You're team is already awake and suited up, sitting one some couches chatting. It's 5:30, like you set your alarm.

You ask your team for orange juice, they simply laugh, motioning you to the fridge. You grab some, chugging it down. You get into your army uniform ((Suit)), in the changing room. ((It's a multi-sex barracks))

You frown, comparing yourselves to the other men in the room. You scramble to put your uniform on. They got a head start, yeah, that's all. You'll catch up.

You look at your watching, seeing that it is 5:50. You quickly shuffle out of the MEN'S CHANGING ROOM, and you see your dropship friends leaving the barracks. You run after them.

You wave your arms around in excitement, and another marine bonks you on the head to quit it. You're all walking down that lively hallway back to the big office. Other people are coming out of their barracks, and you look around in amazement. Is this what a military life is like? It isn't so bad.

You go into the officer as the clock rings 6:00, approaching the large desk. He nods at you, muttering "Good, you know how to tell time" You smile awkwardly, then he hands you a map with directions, telling you to follow them.

The map tells you to go west, through a door, down a hallway, then left, then right, then right again, and then through a very large door . You wave goodbye to Jack, him stating you gotta go there alone.

You wait , door is still closed. You are sort of standing outside the crowd, occasionally getting a weird look in between the chatter of groups talking.

You glance around. The crowd is of varying physical attributes. They all seem interspersed though, no cliques have formed yet. You still stand with a couple of other loners outside the crowd.

You wait, it still doesn't open and the crowd still talks. There are some open spots , with other people appearing to not be talking to anyone either. You're so lonely, oh so lonely. Occasionally you think someone is going to talk to you, but they don't. You sit on the wall by yourself, waiting.

[you inquire about the rumored protoss, but you use Brotoss as if they were you friends.]

You walk up to the crowd, deciding to make conversation. THey just raise their eyebrows, wondering what rumored Protoss you are talking about. (You are talking right now to two men , and one woman, all strangers to you. All of the crowd is , actually)

[make out with the hottest women in the room]

The hottest woman in the room is too far in the crowd, surrounded by men.

[ Try making some friends]

You awkwardly look at the 3 people in front of you, saying hi and telling them your name and all that. They share theirs, the names being for the men, "Isaac and Clark" ((There ya go, Discux, I used em)). The woman is Maribeth.

[ ask maribeth how old she is]

Maribeth slaps you. You can tell you probably won't get along too well.

You ask if Isaac and Clark have any cool things to show off. They just shrug, saying nah, their just normal recruits. They say that this is the Viking bay, although the Commander here appears to be late.

As he is saying this, an important man with a tux walks forward, unlocking the door, stepping through briskly and nodding at the crowd with a stern face. It hushes instantly.

You listen to the Drill Sergent, not asserting dominance because you'd get made a fool. He barks at the crowd to form 20 single file lines in front of the door, and there are about 100 people in the crowd. You start shuffling. Maribeth, Isaac, and Clark all appear to go to the same line.

You decide not to go into any lines, and try to walk to the Sergent. He death glares at you and you shuffle back to find a line.

[you ask Meribeth for headsy and join the line in front of her. you tell her you glad to actually have a friend in this bunch]

She glares, saying that she'll decide who it more dominant. She shoves you behind her, and you just sorta walk into place in front of Isaac and Clark. You do say, however you're glad you have a friend. She steps on your foot. The Drill Sergent starts talking

“ALRIGHT, Most of you are new recruits here! You are going to understand, that -I- am the top dog! You respond to -me-, Got it?" The crowd replies unanimously "Sir yes Sir!"

"Good! Now, everyone follow me, and stay in your lines!"

He turns briskly , marching away.

You try to step out of line, but Isaac, Clark and even Maribeth pull you back in . Maribeth mutters "Don't be stupid"

You march with your line, the other lines surrounding you. You walk into a large hangar, and you notice murmuring of amazement from the crowd. It seems like everywhere there are vikings. The lines halt, and there is a lot of bumping into each other from everyone around, probably from not paying attention, due to the vikings. The Sergent stares at everyone, then speaks , pointing at each line from left to right (Your perspective) as he does

"This line is Platoon 1."
"This line is Platoon 2"

And so on, and so on, until he names your line Platoon 7. He orders each platoon to a different place, telling your line to go to Quadrant E

You go to Quadrant E, and it's a cavernous room. You notice you aren't the only Platoon here, and you see another group of people in the opposite corner. The room seems to be empty, actually, and once your entire Platoon is in, the doors close. You scream "PLATOON 7 IS NUMBER ONE WHOOO!". Maribeth steps on your foot again, and you go silent. Each platoon is just sorta looking at each other awkwardly.

You glare at Maribeth, deciding it's revenge time. You raise your foot up, bringing it down when she steps out of the way and the Drill Sergent walks in. He glares at you, and yells for everyone to gather around him. He walks to the center of the room.

You tense yourself, waiting for the Drill Sergents words

"This, is going to be a war simulation! Platoon 7, go to the far wall. (He points to a wall marked 1). Platoon 8 , go to the opposite. (He points to a wall marked 3).

You charge to the wall suggested, your team walking behind you giving you weird looks. After both Platoons are on their walls, the Drill Sergent yells, from the door he came in from

"Weapons Show".

Suddenly, the wall folds, and a gun slides out for each platoon member. They all ready up, staring at the enemy platoon on the far side of the room.

"Landscape, generate random"

The room shifts, Some part of the floor rising into ramps, walls, and other things like it. You can't see to the far wall now because of things in your way.

"Battle commense" ( A sound of the door shutting his heard)

You hear a thunder of footsteps, your platoon confusedly running out with their weapons.

You wildfire everywhere, screaming. Your platoon yells at you to stop misfiring, and you see one of them fall to the ground. Oddly, your gun didn't shoot bullets. You're not sure what happened, or why the person fell. You're still standing on the wall, holding your gun. You've down one of your own, and you hear more shooting now. But you see no bullets from anyone else either.

[ shoot the other platoon with your gun]

You decide to try to shoot at the other platoon, but none are in sight.

You observe the battlefield. From your perspective, there seems to be a central hill in the middle. In front of you is a ramp,some stairs, a door like structure, and a barricade like structure. ((Not all one thing, but sort of like different obstacles/areas to go))

You take aim , standing on the wall still and looking for the enemy platoon. You notice when the battle started your uniforms changed colors.

Gun fire is heard around you, and you finally decide to move from your starting wall. You climb up the nearby stairs, and you can get a better view of the battlefield. You're in a sort of sniper nest, shaped like this
....____
.../ ___|
../ /
./ /

From this sort of safety nestle, you can see the battlefield is shaped like a double U, terrain wise. Each opposite wall is the top of the W, and the center of the W is the hill you saw earlier. From your vantage point, you notice lots of people dropping below you. Taking note of the colors, your team is a light teal, the enemy a dark red. There is a giant fight, and you note the battlefield appears symmetrical, so naturally across from you is a sniper nest with two people, both picking your team off. Below you see your team is losing a fight, in the 'right V' of the W. Once again you notice that although they drop to the ground, there are no bullets or blood.

You decide to help even the odds, taking aim at the enemy sniper nest. You fire quickly twice, being kicked back but hitting your mark. They crumple out of sight, behind the wall they were standing behind. You look below to see part of your Platoon surrounded and being gunned down. Someone else is walking up the sniper nest opposite of you. All you see is the person's head, and it's female. You are still alone in your nest.

You decide to shoot at the people surrounding your platoon , over shooting the mysterious sniper nest woman. You look down, picking people off. They now start to form a concave line around the enemy. You take aim to help more, when you hear footsteps behind you.

You turn around, and see you're about to be shot by a dark-red uniformed enemy. He raises his gun, then drops to the floor. You're bewildered, and you think the shot came from behind.

You turn around, and see in the enemy sniper nest, in Maribeth. Looks like she saved you.

She simply smirks, sniping off the last of the enemies below her, where the concave attack was happening. Your team has one that section of the fight, and they split up to pick off stragglers. Maribeth runs down her ramp. Behind you is the presumably paralyzed? man on the floor, on the ground way beneath you (falling distance) are a lot of people laying on the ground, from the giant battle. You still hear gunfire so you presume it's not over.

[Moon the sniper lady.]

You think about exercising dominance over Maribeth, but realize that you'd get shot most likely, and your uniform is too hard to get out of.

You run down the sniper nest stairs, turning corners and navigating the battlefield. You come to a halt, a door on your right, and a door on your left. Forward is a dead end.

You poke into the left door, and see that it is a small room. On the other side of it is another door. There are two downed men here, one from each platoon. As you walk across the room, you hear "Battle Over. Platoon 7 has won." from the intercom. Suddenly the room starts shifting back to normal, and everyone is slowly standing back to their feet. As everyone nods at teach other, giving their congratulations and what not, the walls shift, and turrets surround the room. You hear a countdown "3..2..1". Other people are evenly dispersed, figuring out what they are going to do.

You rush into the middle of the crowd, using them as a sort of human shield. They start firing, you being protected from the inside. You see other people that got the same idea as you, also in the middle area of the crowd, firing at turrets. You occasionally see a turret be disabled. Maribeth steps to your left, using you for cover from a turret.

You go prone, forming a bunker from the paralyzed bodies around you. The turrets seem to be even with your two platoons, half of them destroyed and half of Platoon 7/8 downed.

Maribeth is now to your side, crouched and firing.

You fire at turrets, as they notice you they are quickly disabled. You ask Maribeth to help you, and she just prods you with her foot. You decide to see if there are any tricks to disabling these rather than just firing at them. You look up to see a blinking green light, and you fire at it. Of course, no bullets come out but it stops blinking, and all turrets go into the wall.

As everyone is standing, the Drill Sergent walks in angrily, speaking quickly , "Which one of you hit the command console? The tech in your gun that lets it know when it's "gotten a hit" interferes with it!"

He scans the room, and Maribeth smirks at you, mischievously.

You try to defy Maribeth before she can rat you out, bravely jumping and yelling, "It was me! I did it!".

Maribeth gives you a look of surprise, and an approving nod. The crowd murmurs, and you are the center of attention. The Drill Sergent walks right up to you with a stern look, then says "Good use of your surroundings, you have a good eye." He turns, walking away "Dismissed for today, back to your barracks".

Maribeth's jaw drops, and the crowd is still eyeing you over. You walk quickly to catch up on your way out of the battling room, telling him figuring it out was too easy. He snaps at you , saying "Don't get cocky boy! Next time I'll make sure it's harder!"

You shuffle away, following the rest of the platoons who also had finished their battles out of the giant door, into the intricate system of hallways. You're supposed to be going back to your barracks. You notice Isaac, Clark, and Maribeth walking in the same direction as you about 20 feet away.

[check the time]

It's 2:00pm.

You shuffle through another hallway, just sort of following the crowd back until you get to your barracks. Maribeth , Isaac and Clark are still near you, and you presume they live in the
same barracks.

You zig zag through the walking crowd, going up to Isaac , Clark, and Maribeth. You ask Maribeth if she wanted to hang out in your barracks. She narrows her eyes, preparing to stomp your foot, when Isaac speaks up, "Sure".

Maribeth looks angered, but she clears it, grumbling and walking with you and her two friends now, following behind you as you head to your barracks. Clark asks you why you decided to be recruited.

You reply, telling him about how your colony planet was overrun with Zerg. He frowns, nodding and saying sorry for bringing it up.

You start to get annoyed by Maribeth's dislike for you, the thought of killing her crossing your mind. You quickly erase it, remembering you're not a horrible person. You arrive at your barracks door, walking in with Isaac, Clark, and Maribeth. It seems to be empty for now. The couches are empty, the fridge in the kitchen area just like normal.

You ask Maribeth what's wrong with her, and why she is so mental when it comes to you. She slaps you across your face, Isaac and Clark chuckling amongst themselves. Everyone is still standing inside the entrance of the Barracks. No windows are in it. In one corner is a kitchen, along a wall are some couches with a mounted old TV. The bunks are on one of the walls, which is to your left. To your right are two doors, each going to the changing room for each gender. A camera monitors activity in each corner, including one watching the doors to the changing rooms.

((Basic map:))
|--------------------
|b......C.........k|
|b...................|
|b...............CR|
|b.....e________|
b=bunk
C=couches
k=kitchen
cr=changing room
e=entrance

You walk over to the kitchen, your entourage following you. You grab a beer, downing in then turning to Maribeth. You ask her seriously why she dislikes you. She just sort of stares at you for a while, then shakes her head. "Doesn't matter, now I'm hungry. Get food now"

You look at Maribeth, pointing at the fridge.
After pointing to the fridge, she glares and you decide to not try. You open your fridge, tossing her a beer and a sandwich. You then give the same to Isaac and Clark, them thanking you as you do. You ask your entourage on why they decided to be vikings.

Clark replies first, saying that he used to pilot a plane on his home planet.
Isaac next, saying he just thought he'd enjoy it most.
Finally Maribeth, saying 'because missiles are awesome, any more questions?'

You get your own sandwich, biting into it as you look at the entourage.

You look at Maribeth, a stern look crossing your face. You say "Hey, look. Stop with the hostilities, we don't need us fighting each other while some Zerg rip us apart."
Isaac and Clark glance at each other uneasily. You keep talking "Stop with the attitude."

Maribeth seems surprised at first, but then gives you a light shove back, glaring.

You backhand Maribeth, and she stumbles back, gasping. She rushes to go for a kick to your crotch, but Isaac and Clark hold you back. You glare at Maribeth "Stop trying to fight me!"
Maribeth yells "You ..garrgh.." She just glares, then you see a marine move into the room, walking towards you guys with a purpose.

You kinda smile awkwardly at the marine, saying "Why did you come to this room, hehe."
The marine opens his visor, turning out to be Jack, and picking up you and Maribeth in each hand. He walks to the center of the barracks, throwing you in opposite directions, you closer to the bunks and Maribeth closer to the kitchen. He then growls "No fighting in my barracks. I want you three to leave." He looks at Maribeth, Isaac, and Clark. He looks at Maribeth, "If I see you acting like this towards my barracks men, it won't be good for ya".

The three scramble out, Jack now looking at you. "And you, need to control yourself and not fight back! Or you'll be out of the army faster than you joined it!"

You say to Jack that Maribeth has been incessantly provoking you since you met her, stomping on your feet and shoving you around.

He replies, saying "I don't want to hear it. You should of been the bigger boy here and not assaulted her. That's a warning from me, do it more and you -will- have an expulsion.

Jack turns from you, heading into the kitchen and opening the fridge.

You're still on the ground from being thrown.

You ask him to give you a beer too, and he growls "You've already had one, you need to be sober for your training. So no."

You head into your bunk, the time being 2:20pm now. You close your eyes, falling asleep
from the rigor of the battle training. You're apparently not very strong.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

You awaken at around 4:00am, everyone else in your barracks is asleep.

You quietly slip off your bunk, walking into the changing room and getting changed. You go back to your bunk, opening a compartment and grabbing a watch. You slip out the door, eyeing your map.

"MO", "SR", "B1(Through)B50", “BR”, "WR". They appear to be acronyms.

You stand outside the barracks doorway, eying your map in thought.

You decide to go to the thing marked BR. THe hallways are empty, and you eventually come to the area marked BR on your map. It is a door, and doesn't seem to be locked.

You attempt to kick at the door to open it, hurting your leg. Trying to kick a metal door down wasn't your best idea. It would of been cool for others to watch, if you hadn't of hurt yourself. At least no one is around. You open the door, peeking in. It's pitch black. You stand half in the room, half out.

Creeped out, you fall to the floor shaking and twitching. You regain composure, slowly walking in..

Drip..drip..drip


The sound echoes through the room.

You unzip your pants, being prepared for this kind of thing. You walk forward, walking into a wall , then going around it. You pee on the floor, although it mysteriously makes a noise like
it's hitting water.

Drip..drip..drip


You look around the pitch black room


Drip..drip..drip


Out of fear you lightly thud your head against the wall to your left.

You run out of the room , bumping into things as you do. Yu run into a light switch, turning the room lights on. You're standing in the doorway facing out. Behind you is the room you were fleeing from.

You turn slowly, eerily.

Drip..drip..drip


You turn around and.. IT'S A BATHROOM! You notice the wall you smacked into was a stall.

You also notice you managed to pee in a toilet.

You angrily turn away, can't believe you were deceived like that! How dare the bathroom!

You pull your map back up and decide between:
"MO", "SR", "B1(Through)B50", "WR". They appear to be acronyms.

You walk towards SR, walking passed closed doors as you get there. After maybe 20 minutes of walking, you arrive at a door. You check your watch. It is 5:15 am.

You walk in, and it's pitch black. This time you realize there is a thing such as light switches.

You are supposed to be at the Viking Center at 6:00am

You flick the lights on and note this is a shooting range. It's rectangular, with you on the bottom midpoint of it. On the far side are the rows and stalls for each person to shoot at.

Farther out are the targets. On the far right wall you see a little thing that looks like a restaurant counter. You think this is where the person in charge of this place would stand.

To your left are cubbies. A sign, illegible from here, appears to be on the counter. No guns are out, and behind the counter are some locked lockers.

You look around, trying to find a key to those lockers. There is none, and it is most likely on the Officer who runs this place. You hear footsteps from outside of the hall. You're still standing just inside the room.

You hurredly flick off the lights, running and diving over the counter, hiding behind it.

The footsteps arrive at the door, the person flicks the light on. There is no talking from this person, or multiply people. You aren't sure. Judging from his footsteps he is walking towards you.

You poke your head up over the counter, seeing the man, alone, walking towards you, not seeing you though. He twirls keys.

You break under pressure, screaming, although silencing yourself quickly. You try to hop over the counter to get away, but to no avail. He orders you to halt and identify yourself.

You nod , quickly stating, Rokan Saxon sir! You say, "I'm just here to see what this is, that's all! You cower away. The man nods at you, "Alright, I believe ya. Get back to wherever you need to be though! Stop lurkin'. "

You start running to the barracks. By the time you get there it's 5:45. You facepalm, realizing you have to be at the Viking Bay. You run there, getting there at 5:50. There is the crowd there again, and the closed door. You see Maribeth, Clark, and Isaac on the far side of the crowd.

You walk up to the 4 of them, waving. Clark and Isaac wave, and even Maribeth, putting on a weak smile. You're able to tell that she is putting an act on. They look at you , waiting to see if you say anything.

You look at Maribeth, glancing down momentarily, then looking back at her, "Nice battle skills out there yesterday, you saved me from that guy."

She nods, smiling with the same fake smile, "Hehe, yeah. You could of been a goner. You should watch your flanks and back better.."

You scratch the back of your neck.

You nod at Maribeth. "Hey, I'm uh, sorry about yesterday. I shouldn't of let myself get angry"
She nods in return, although it's a curt nod , "Yeah yeah you're forgiven. Don't hit a
woman."

You smile feebly, "Hehe, right. Unless it's a Zerg queen. Sooo~ How have you all been?"
They all shrug, saying nothing.

You ask the two men if they were friends with Maribeth. They both nod, replying and saying they all came from the same planet, and enlisted for the same role.

You look back to Maribeth,saying "About that battle yesterday. I killed a -ton- of Platoon 8. Mhhhm, you should learn from me."

Maribeth replies with a competitive look, "Next time we do battle we'll see who gets more kills then, eh?"

You wait for the remainder of time until 6:00am. The doors open, and the crowd starts shuffling in.

You walk with your friends, and tell them that you think you should get served turkey
sandwiches at training. They just sigh at you.

Everyone is settled in the Viking bay, and the Drill Sergent looks at everyone expectantly, wanting them to do something..

You force out the words "Ready to take orders". He just shoots you a look, then continues looking at the crowd with a disapproving glare. He hints "Same as yesterday, maggots!"

You speak up, yelling, "Get into Platoon lines"!

The crowd melds in to chaos as everyone runs around getting into place.

You get into your line. After awhile the other Platoons are in formation and you stand quietly in the main room of the Bay. He points to Platoons 8,9,10,2, and 1, saying to go to the Weight Room. He points at 3,4,5,6, and 7, saying to wait here. As the other platoons head out of the bay, he then speaks again "3 and 7, Quadrant A., 4 and 6, Quadrant B. Platoon 5, stay out here.

You motion your line toward the Quadrant, moving in along with 3. You all walk in, going to opposite walls like last time. You stand quietly, and happen to be next to Isaac, Clark, and MAribeth.

You study the opposing team . Judging by their size you think it'll be an even match. Maribeth , Isaac and Clark are talking about strategies around you , and the battle hasn't started. You figure in other Quadrants there are slower people.

You nod at Maribeth, "Okay, we need to get in the sniper tower and take people out. We seem to be the most adept." You'd relay this to your team but they're too far , and it'd take too long. Looking at Isaac and Clark, you say for them to try and sneak around the back and flank. Judging from last time your Platoon is going to probably attempt a concave attack again.

Maribeth interjects, "Wait why should I snipe! I can sneak, I did last time!"

I didn't see any of our Platoon members sniping. You're the best we got.. but -fine-. Take an escort, so we have an extra sneaking.

She grabs a person near her by the ear, pulling him to her and telling him to escort her while she sneaks.

The battle starts abruptly, the terrain shifting to the same W. In front of you is a ramp,some stairs, a door like structure, and a barricade like structure.

You motion for a few members to get behind the barricade. They nod, getting into a defensive position. You run up the sniper staircase, and see no one in the opposing case. So far no one has come onto the center hill and surrounding area.

You stand readied, when at the same time one enemy appears in the nest, and 3 more running on the center hill.

You decide to fire at the enemy sniper first. He ducks behind it, dodging your invisible bullet. The people are running down the hill on your side, and coming up the hill are the rest of the enemy team. Your team is also running out from the top of their side of the W, apparently having waited to try and ambush.

You decide to let the sniper stay behind cover , firing at the enemy team as the run through the hill . THey tumble backwards, when suddenly you drop to the floor, your suit getting heavy. You can hear the battle going on, but you know you must of been taken out. You can still use your face, and talk and all that.

You lay on the ground for 10 more minutes, before the heavyness wears off. The landscape changes to the blocky room, and you see everyone standing. Maribeth smirks at you from across the room , shaking her head. Then, she quickly moves into action, getting in cover into a group of people.

Why did she do this?

You quickly remember yesterday and the turrets, and do the same thing she does. No turrets appear though, and the crowd is only slow realizing what you two are doing. Now they're scrambling around, forming a zig zagging mass of panicking people. You hear a whirring noise.


You decide to run around panicking like everyone else. Maybe they'll form shields as they by you. You momentarily halt , looking for a green light, but there is none. You look back forward when suddenly a thor like thing steps out of the far wall. It blasts an invisible missile, and guessing by everyone being thrown a few feet away, you decide it's distorting gravity. Maribeth spots it, and starts getting on the opposite side of the room from it.

You do a tactic that would be positively stupid in a real war, picking off your team as they run around to form a nice bunker. Maribeth runs too you , crouching behind the pile of bodies with you. The thor takes note, and you hear a machine gun like noise.

You mutter, "Oi", as it fires. MAribeth decides to duck instead.

You duck behind the bodies, and you presume the bullets would of wizzed past you. You say to Maribeth to try and get to the cockpit, although you think it's just a robot. You convincingly add, "You're the best we got so you should do it". She pridefully starts sneaking towards the thor-bot. You see a mass of people that are in the open get blasted around.

You notice 3/4 of the entire two platoons are downed. You're unsure about this fight.

Raising yourself above your bunker, you fire at it's guns and cockpit. One of the guns appears disabled now.The thor points at you, and cannons on it's back start to charge up.

Seeing the cannons charge, you decide to duck behind your bunker, and they continue to charge.

You decide to quickly rise again,(like a praerie dog at this point) firing at the cannons. It's too late, and a loud BANG echoes across the room. The air distorts where the cannon would of been if it was not a simulation. It is coming straight for you.


You duck , firing at it's cannons and disabling them. HOwever a cannonball was already shot, and you look up to see the air distortion from the simulated projectile. It 'crashes' into you directly, slamming you across the room until you smack into a wall, disabled. Looking at the Thor-bot, you see Maribeth Climbing on top of it.. She fires at it over and over until it disables completely.

You stand, manli-like, looking out at everyone recover. You smirk, flexing. Luckily, Maribeth didn't see that move. A small crowd gathers around you, babbling about that body bunker strategy and how you took that cannon-shot.

Maribeth eyes the crowd over, fully well knowing she's not getting credit right now.

You laugh at the small crowd, stating, "Ahh I was just a decoy, it was Maribeth here that did the taking out of the thor!"

She blinks at you in astonishment, turning red as the crowd forms a round her and she babbles to them about her sneaking. The Sergent walks in the room.

You salute the Sergent quickly, looking at him. He gives you the same glare as last time. He says "Once again boy you practically cheated! In real combat there is going to not be an option to make a human barricade!"


You tell him in a real fight you're supposed to use whatever you can to gain an advantage. He seemed pleased, but still says, "Yes, you are and you're right. However shooting your own team would put you at a disadvantage in real combat! Don't do it next time." His voice rises now, "All o' ya, get to the weight room! The time now is 2:30pm, and you need to all stay there until 5:00pm! Tomorrow we'll get started with more Viking related stuff!"

The crowd disperses, walking out of the Quadrant, into the main room, then out of it and into the hallway. You follow suit, groaning about the weight room, after all you aren't the strongest man, exactly.

Maribeth, Isaac and Clark are presumably too far ahead, as you can't see them. After around 20 minutes of walking, you arrive at the weight room at 2:50pm. It has every kind of work out utility you can think of,and it quite vast. You take notice that the 5 platoons that had gone there previously are no longer here.

You walk somewhere that is open, and start doing squats and curls. You're getting weird looks.

You finish doing your curls, scoffing at the spectators eyeballing you, and then passing the time around the weight room by imitating what you see. You see Maribeth , Isaac , and Clark in various positions around the room, doing their own thing. In each corner of the room are cameras.

You stand under one of the cameras, and a voice barks, "Get to work!".
You decide to keep training, putting in your best effort to gain muscle.

Time passes, the clock strikes 5:00Pm. This is when the Sergent said you should leave, and you do. You start heading back to your barracks, and the other platoons go to theirs. You catch a glimpse of Clark going around a corner.

You decide to see where he's going, or at least where his barracks is. You dash around the corner, seeing him go around another one. You also saw Isaac this time with him. You continue running, until you catch up to them and they walk into a doorway. You walk in the room to see a door on the far side shut, them presumably going through it.

You open the door, and are in another hallway that is empty. It extends down some, then turns. You hear them chatting from around the corner. They sound serious and almost ominous , from what you can tell from where you are.

You stalk along the wall , listening in from around the corner. You hear tidbits of

'in three days.'

'won't see it coming'

'viking mech'

'what about Rokan?'

You glance around the hallway, and it's empty,nothing you could ambush them with if you needed. You hear a tidbit
'do you hear that?'

You decide to simply wait until they come for you, to try to seem like you have the upper hand. They walk around the corner, seeming surprised by your presence. Isaac laughs, "Oh, hey Rokan. Why are you here?"

You dodge the question, asking your own, "Soo, how come you guys were talking about me?"

Isaac and Clark glance at each other nervously. CLark speaks up , "How much did you hear, I'm curious?"

You laugh at them , trying to go with it , "Ha, I didn't hear much. Although I did hear somethin about viking mech? What was that about?"

Isaac speaks , "Oh, you know, just about the viking training tomorrow"

You respond casually, "So like, does everyone graduate or something in three days? Must be some fast training. Although I'm still curious why I was mentioned. If it's cause of the crowd from earlier, well sorry if you guys got jealous, I doubt the Sergeant thinks much of it."

Clark smiles, buying your innocence, "Ahh, well I guess all is forgiven then! We just don't like being shown up ya know?"

You make a mental note about these two, clearly they're scheming.
You speak up, "Anyways I was lookin' for you guys. I'm exhausted, how about we come to my barracks and grab a drink."
Isaac and Clark both say no at the same time, then quickly try to rebound , Clark talking, "Ahh I think we're going to just go to our barracks and sleep. Maybe next time." They turn, walking away.

You return to your barracks, and climb onto your bunk, thinking. Having drinks probably won't help with that so you decide against it. You grab something to eat, and on your way back to your bunk, Jack with his marines plus the Medic enter.


As Jack walks in you ask him if he knows anything about Viking Mech. He laughs, and says , "You mean the ships you signed up to fly? I think you overworked yourself boy." He chuckles again, and his team walks into the changing rooms, you now noticing one of the marines is a female, based off the changing room she walked into. You scoop at your meal, biting into it and laying down on your bunk thinking for now.

You eventually fall into a sleep.
-=-=-=-=-=-
The next morning your alarm wakens you at 5:30. You slept in your uniform.

You hop into the shower within the mens' changing room. After quickly washing yourself and changing back into uniform, you start on your way to the Viking Bay. You leave at 5:45, and it takes around 10 minutes walking. You must be there at 6:00, so you'll be fine.

On your way there Maribeth happens to meet up with you, at around 5:50.

You inquire Maribeth about what you heard with Clark and Isaac, while you both walk. She raises an eyebrow, although no normal angry expressions line her face."You heard them say that stuff?

You ask her what you think they're planning. She glares, her previously, rare, normal face disappearing, "How dare you! I'm sure they aren't planning anything! I've been friends with them for years now! Just when I start to get used to you, you go and say that. "

She starts to walk away faster than you.

You decide to just continue on to the Viking Bay, sprinting to it. You see her talking Isaac and Clark. They both give you a bad look as you walk by, although Maribeth doesn't notice it. It's 5:55 and the crowd as usual is chatting. From the looks of it, you're starting to became a main topic, and you're sure Isaac and Clark are talking about you.

You're unsure whether the crowd is talking about your stunts, or any rumors that might of been spread about you. You walk to the nearest members of your Platoon, saying hey. They give you an odd look, asking ,"Why did you cheat on the Quadrant room? I heard you managed to hack into it"

You deny ever cheating the game, saying that the Sergeant even congratulated you. They nod and murmur amongst themselves, then one of them speaks up again, "Hm, your word over rumors then."

Clark and Isaac appear to be watching your actions. You're being talked about less in the crowd.

You run your thumb across your throat , directed at Clark and Isaac. They don't notice however, being too busy talking to Maribeth. You decide to go for the less direct approach, walking up to the two men to ask them who started the rumors. They reply in a casual tone, simply saying , "What rumors?"

You smile in reply to their innocent tone, saying ,"Ah I've just heard lots of people talk about me. Apparently I'm a cheater in the Quadrants?"

Isaac laughs, "Whaaaat? Nah you just fight well. I can see why they might think you cheat though, with how well you've done." You decide to walk away, back into the crowd for now.

You decide to eye the crowd over to see if anything odd is happening. The crowd appears to be talking about you less, and if it is about you then it's either about you cheating, or someone defending you and saying you didn't cheat. It's 5:58 and you have about 2 minutes until the doors open.

You wait out the last 2 minutes by stretching out your muscles and heading to the front of the crowd , near the door. You want to be the first one in. The clock strikes 6:00, the doors opening. The crowd follows suit behind you, walking in. This time people get into their Platoon lines like they're supposed to. After everyone is situated, the Drill Sergent speaks, "We will not be moving into the Quadrants to fight today. Instead we will start to learn about piloting Vikings. We will go to the Simulation Bay, which is through that door." He points at a gold plated door. "Move out"

Grinning happily, you say to yourself "About time". You've been wanting to do the Viking Simulation after all. Marching with your platoon, you head to the simulation bay door. It opens up and you shuffle in. It's a very large room, and along the walls are what appear to be viking replicas. They are in 'flight mode', with the cockpits opened up. The other platoons stand in the center of the room, waiting quietly.

The Drill Sergeant walks in, speaking "Platoon 7, you pick your viking simulator and wait. You did best so you get to go first. As for the other platoons, you can watch people's progress up on a screen above each simulator."

You see Isaac, Clark, and Maribeth walking towards some corner simulators, and everyone else in your platoon is dispersing to find their own.


Deciding to follow suit by Isaac, Clark and Maribeth, you walk into a viking simulator near them. Maribeth is to your left, with Isaac and Clark to her left. You hop into the cockpit, and wait. Once everyone else in your platoon is in, the cockpits close and the screens turn on to create the virtual reality. You're on what looks like an infested planet, and if you look to the left you can see the virtual vikings you presume are your platoon. Looking right you see a 'voice chat' button, and forward is what looks like a joystick, with a two thumb buttons and a button for your index finger. Surrounding that is a Transform button, and a call for help button. There is also a mark target button.

You feel your viking lift into the air, and in turn your virtual reality starts to go a bit below you on the screen. Over a speaker within the simulator you hear the Sergeants voice, "Get buckled up, the virtual reality will start up once everyone is."

You buckle yourself into place, and after a minute or two your simulation starts flying forward extremely fast! You're flying about a desolate desert planet, and if you look left and right you see other vikings in the simulation, presumably the other members of your platoon. They're all swerving around, one of them crashing. You start to nose dive, your joystick rattling free of grip.

You reach for the joystick, quickly pulling it back to level yourself. Pressing the left button at the top, you shoot a missile forward, it explodes far away into a mountain. Your speaker turns on, you hearing MAribeth speaking ,"Hello? Is this voice chat linked?"

You hear screeches around the mountain you are currently heading towards.
You hit the talk button, replying with a simple "Yes" to Maribeth. You test the right button of your joystick, nothing happening. You press the voice chat button again when you hear the same screech, asking if anyone else heard it. You get some murmurs of yes as people figure out how to work the simulator.

Suddenly Mutalisks swoop from around the mountain, splitting up to try to attack each viking solo!You've learned the left button is missile, right does nothing, and index finger has not been used yet. Maribeth yells into the voice link, "Mutalisks!"

You hold down the index finger button, and it fires a gatling gun. You relay this information to your platoon, using voice chat to tell them to shoot shoot the mutalisks down now.

More mutalisks swarm from around the crowd, them all targeting you. They are bunched up, swinging their tails and firing their projectiles at you. You now have a group of mutalisks coming at you, and projectiles coming at you.

Pressing the mark target button, you signal for the other vikings to take aim at the flock. Pressing the left button, you fire a missile at them. They manage to diverge and spread, although a chunk of them are taken out. Pulling back on your joystick, you swoop up to dodge their spray. When you level yourself, they're behind you, and you're rapidly approaching the mountain.

You fly straight towards the mountain, Maribeth calling you an idiot over voice chat as you do so. The mutalisks are still following you, their projectiles slamming into the mountain. Just as you're about to crash into it's stony surface, you pull up, the mutalisks screeching as they pelt uselessly against the mountain, exploding in a display of gore. Other lone mutalisks are still flying around , your platoon shooting at them to start finishing them. Isaac speaking into voice chat, "Good plan Rokan. Fast thinker arentcha?"

You turn around , flying back towards the fray.

Firing your gatling gun, deciding it's better than a missile for lone targets, you start picking off the last remaining mutalisks. You make sure not to have friendly fire. The mutalisks being downed, your simulation screen shuts off, and you feel your viking lower into to the ground. The cockpit slides open, and you see everyone elses do the same.

People begin stepping out of their simulators, the other platoons that hadn't gone yet murmuring, mainly talking about your stunt .

You follow their examples, stepping out of your simulator and going to the center of the room where everyone else seems to be walking to. Maribeth, Clark, and Isaac are walking behind you. People watch you as you walk by, talking amongst themselves. The Drill Sergeant walks up to you, , "Good job on that maneuver." He turns to the crowd, "All of you won't be able to copy that move, as you'll get a different terrain!" . You hear a disapproving 'aww' and groans. He keeps speaking, "Platoon 2, you're up." They all shuffle away, climbing into the vikings. The Sergeant walks away from you, with Isaac , Clark, and Maribeth walking up to you.

You mention to the three of them they it was good work, and they kicked zerg tail. Focusing on Maribeth, you say , "You have amazing mutalisk killing skills and the expert ability to make fun of me in a combat situation". It's laced with sarcasm. She replies, smiling, "Why thank you, SgT Sarcasm."

You grin at Maribeth, then turn to sit down and watch the other platoon simulations. Hours go by as each Platoon takes their turn, and it gets boring quickly. You take note of the best Platoons. Finally after it's all over, you're dismissed and told to head back to your barracks.

You get there and it's full of people, with Jack's squad sitting in the usual couch. He nods in hello to you, and your stomach growls.

Walking to the kitchen, you grab a turkey sandwich and biting it happily. You walk over to Jack, bragging about how you were probably the best Viking in the simulation. Jack nods at you, congratulating you on your effort. The medic also speaks up, saying you must of had smooth flying to out navigate mutalisks. You figure she spoke up because she flies things herself.

Finishing your sandwich, you walk to the bunk to take a nap.

-=-=-=-=-
You wake up at about 6:00 , and you see your barracks still mostly the same, with Jack and his gang getting their own food. The couches were taken over by other members of the barracks.

Hopping of your bunk, you walk over to the kitchen and grab some juice from the fridge, drinking it to refresh yourself. The medic pilot gets caught looking at you, looking back away as she is, back to Jack and his conversation.

You approach the medic, putting one hand on a counter and leaning on it, saying , "So you're a good flyer yourself arentcha?

The medic shrugs casually, glancing left then back at you, "Yeah, I am. I heard you were a pretty smooth flyer yourself."

Trying to make small talk, you ask about the zerg. The medic replies saying, "Ahh they're very brutal. Have made me work sleepless nights keeping these guys alive" She motions to her squad. "And, sorry I don't think I ever told you my name, I am Trinity. I know you're Rokan."

Continuing with the conversation, you ask how bad the Zerg infestation on this planet off. She replies grimly , "Truth be told, they are pretty bad. We're losing outposts quick. Luckily you happen to be in the strongest city, but still. I'd be ready to evacuate."

You ask about the protoss as well, and Trinity responds, "Ahh we don't see them around here. Seem to have not seen this planet yet, or are just leaving it alone." She walks to the fridge, pouring herself a drink then walking back.

When she gets back you continue questioning her, asking what the worst situation she's been in with the zerg. She frowns at the unpleasant memory , saying "I'd rather not say. I barely know you after all." She turns back to Jack joining his conversation , leaving yours.

Deciding to heed her words, you walk to your bunk and start collecting your things and putting them in the box under your bunk. Looking at the time you see it's 5:30. Trinity walks across the room to you, giggling, "I didn't mean now. I meant in the coming weeks. But hey, good to see that you'll be prepared"

Nodding in agreement with her words, you tell her that the zerg don't attack whenever it's convenient for us and we always have to be prepared for the worse. Trinity agrees with you, saying, "Good philosophy there. Maybe I'll watch your viking training tomorrow eh, and yell at you for whatever you do wrong." She smirks.

You awkwardly shuffle away from Trinity, ABANDONING her to go to the bathroom to grab toilet paper. You walk back, stuffing it in your box. Trinity bursts into laughter.

You laugh along with Trinity, stating, "Whaaat? I don't wanna be stranded without it!". She nods, "No you probably wouldn't. Just hope no one saw that, I believe that counts as stealing. I didn't see anything though. "She says, winking.
You continue speaking with Trinity, until it's about 9:00. You ask how long training is until you get to see real action, and she replies, "Give it a few weeks" She walks back to her bunk, telling you to get rest.

You climb into your own, shutting your eyes.
-=-=-=-=-
You're shooken awake in the middle of the night..

You sit up quickly, and a female voice tries to shush you as you say "What's going on!" You recognize the voice to be Trinity. She continues "Be quiet! Look, there are a pair of zerglings lurking in the complex. Jack and the others already left, and I decided to stay behind to wake up you. Decided you needed to learn some combat skills."

You ask about the others, and she says they're remaining asleep. Trinity tells you that the General didn't want to make a giant stir, so he only sent her squad.
You move on to ask about weapons, you sort of need one. She nods at you, saying she'll get you one if you follow her.

Finally you ask her how a couple of zerglings got in to this heavily guarded place. She shrugs, "We're trying to figure that out ourselves. Right now we are thinking it was an overlord that flew them here. We also think it may be a Nydus worm. We're unsure, to ebe honest."

Raising your eyebrow, you say "Just in case you happen to be a changeling..What did we talk about yesterday?". She rolls her eyes saying, "If I was you'd be dead. But we talked about the zerg threat level, and you got some toilet paper."

You nod at Trinity, jumping off your bunk. You tell her you'll follow her, and she leads on. As you're walking, you say ,"Doesn't it seem at least kinda suspicious that those bugs could get in here? I thought they would have sensors, turrets, or at least reinforced plating to prevent this kind of thing." She nods, "We're not sure how they got in. Could of been an inside job" You continue following her as you navigate the halls.

You nod at Trinity, "I see. Do you Isaac and Clark are changelings?"She seems confused, "Who?". You simple state nevermind, watching her carefully and all corners and doors. Zerglings, even if they are a lie, should still be a cause for alarm after all. You arrive with her at a door, and she motions you in, saying this is the Armory.

You walk in, telling her to watch your back while you find your weapon. She nods at you, saying she will if you do the same for her afterward.

You rush into the armory, grabbing a sub machine gun. You also look for rope, taking that also. After you're done, Trinity takes a laser scalpel and a combat shield. She nods at you, and you both exit the room. You can go left, or right down a hallway.

You head left, examining Trinity as you do so. She is putting the scalpel on her utility belt, holding the combat shield at the ready. She nods at you, telling to to stay on your toes. You walk to the end of the hall, and turn right. There's a door hear, and behind it you hear movement.

TElling Trinity to go first, as she has the combat shield, she nods at you. You raise your gun at the ready, and she shoves the door forward. She jumps in the room, combat shield ready. She looks down in horror, and you can't see what it is from where you are.

You step into the room, and see what she is looking at in horror.

It is Jack.

His remains are torn and mangled. Trinity seems to be in disbelief, letting out a sight cry, before hushing herself. You see blood prints going right.

You examine the prints, seeing that there are 4 per movement. So it could definitely be a 4 legged creature. Speaking to Trinity, you tell her things will be okay. You reach down to his mangled corpse, lifting his helmet off. You replay the last recording. It isn't very helpful. Whatever it was attacked from the back and was silent. He cries in pain in the video, falling forward. That's when the recording ends.

You tell Trinity we should follow the tracks, and she nods at you slowly, wiping a tear, saying "Right.. we need to solve this.."
---------
Inventory
Sub Machine Gun
Rope

You do the unthinkable, taking your rope an tearing off one of Jack's legs. Trinity looks at you with disgust. You try to explain, "To test corners." She shakes her head at you, any positive feelings she may of had for you quickly diminishing. You pick up the bloodied leg, nodding at her as you start tracing the prints. They head around a corner, and you follow them. They go through an opened door, and you see another dead marine here.

You pass by the marine, shaking your head with Trinity doing the same. The prints continue on, until they stop in a large pitch black room. Trinity flicks on her camera, to reveal carnage wherever she turns it. All of Jack's squad appears to be dead in this room, the bloody prints everywhere now and leading to nowhere. This room is a dead end, and you can hear Trinity behind you breathing.

All the helmets are smashed in and useless in this room. All these deaths appeared to be brutal.

You look around the room, trying to see an alarm system. There is none, whatever this was choosing a good spot to attack.

Rata-tat-tat

You hear what sounds like footprints... Trinity frantically moves her flashlight around, seeing nothing. You're both standing in the center of the room, the only sign of chaos being the mangled bodies.

You creep with Trinity into a corner near the door, throwing the leg in front. It is not taken as any sort of bait. You whisper to Trinity to calm down, and that you two will get through this. You further ask her if there is an alarm somewhere, and she says ,"No, because we're in an abandoned section of the complex. It's no longer used."

You hear the same Rata tat tat, this time louder. It appears to somehow come from above you as well.

You point your gun up, asking Trinity if she heard it. She nods, and raises her shield, drawing her scalpel. Suddenly the ceiling bursts, Isaac and Clark coming at you both with knives! You fire, and they take the bullets as if nothing happened.They growl, bouncing off Trinity's shield. They rush at you again, you firing and downing Isaac. He starts morphing, until he's a brown glop on the floor. Trinity screams, Clark running close gun drawn now.

You take your leg and hit Clark with it like a flail. He staggers left then you bash his skull with the butt of your gun. After he turns into a goop, you grab Trinity by the hand, who is horrified at this point, and rush out the door. As you do so, two zerglings block your path! Trinity shrieks, raising her shield.

Standing behind Trinity, you let out a shrieking harpylike warcry. You fire your gun, the zerglings flopping to the ground, one of the corpses slamming into Trinity's shield as it had been midjump. She pants raggedly. You keep moving, running as fast as you can back into the still sleeping barracks. After changing into less bloodied clothes, you go to your separate bunks, not wanting to talk about the events that just happened, falling asleep quickly.
-=-=-=-=-
You awaken to chaos. EVERYONE is talking about the murdered squad, and the lone survivor , who is Trinity. She is no where to be seen, and no one seems to notice you either, implying that you snuck out successfully.

You check the time, and it's 5:30. You change into uniform, and decide to go to the giant gate of the viking bay early. Maribeth apparently also had the same idea, and she is there alone. You walk up to her, asking if she's seen Isaac and Clark. She shakes her head, saying they disappeared yesterday.

You tell Maribeth you were there for the murder that went on, and you shot ISaac and Clark, with them being changelings. SHe rolls her eyes at you, "Oh please, don't lie. You were dreaming, it was zerglings in the complex not changelings!"

You keep on talking, "You know the medic survivor? Ask her! We were both there!" She looks at you with slight more belief now. You speak more "We can try to find her after viking training, and you can ask."

She nods slowly, "I guess they did disappear."
You nod goodbye to Maribeth, running off to use the restroom, then return to the bay. By the time you get back ,the doors are opening so you run in. The day passes by, another viking simulation. You exit the main gate at around 5:00, telling MAribeth , "We can search for Trinity now." She mutters fine.

You head to the Shooting Range. Trinity is not here, so you ask the officer running the place. He tells you that no one has seen her since this morning. You head back out with Maribeth.

You decide to check the Medical Ward as well. She isn't there either. You leave, taking a random turn and walking down the hallway. Mentally noting to yourself, you decide to remember to search Isaac and Clark's stuff.

While you're thinking , you pass a door in which you hear screaming behind. Maribeth stops as you stop to listen.

You move to open the door, Maribeth saying "What do you think is behind it?" Suddenly the screaming stops, and you hear running. You burst open the door, to see Trinity, on the ground and beaten. Whoever had done this to her have already escaped. She's sobbing, bruised, and bleeding. Maribeth gasps in shock.
You tell Maribeth to go for a medic, with you immediately going to help Trinity. You ask her who did this, and she just says "Two men, I don't know them!" You take out toilet paper, using it as a makeshift bandage.

You ask if the men were Clark and Isaac, and she responds, "I don't even know who they are." She chokes. "Whoever they were caught me when I was on my way to the medical room, and dragged me here. They started beating me, saying I knew too much, and to say everything I knew. I didn't tell them anything, but they still tried to get it from me relentlessly. When whoever that woman was spoke, they ran away. I think they were talking about last night. Actually, come to think of it they look just like those changelings we saw.."

You scoop her over your shoulder, struggling at first, but adrenaline kicks in. You walk through the halls, and halfway there you see Maribeth with a medic following behind. Setting Trinity down for the medic, he/she begins he/she's job. It uses it's laser to start mending wounds. Maribeth looks at you, saying she tried to hurry.

You tell the medic to be careful, and he opens his visor. He states, "I will be, but what happened." Before replying, you thank Maribeth, and she smiles with a nod. You move on saying ,"She was beaten by two men helplessly, suspected to be Isaac and Clark, if you know them." Maribeth glares, "Accusing again!" Trinity speaks up, coughing, "Lady, I got attacked by changelings last night who looked just like the people who attacked me today. ."She tries to figure out how to make this seem like proof.

Maribeth storms off before you can talk to her, not wanting to believe any of this. After all , it's her long time friends. You turn back to the Medic, and see that Trinity is starting to look healthier. She looks down, "Can't believe I let them get me so unaware"

You mention to Trinity that you were worried, and she turns away, masking her face, "Oh.. heh thanks. I was worried about myself too. Rokan, after this we need to get to the Main office.. we're squadless now".

You ask what should be done about the schemes being talked about when Isaac and Clark said she knew too much. She shrugged, saying she'll think about it later.

The medic healing Trinity finishes, and while she looks fine, she seems pained. Relentlessly beating someone leads them to be.. different. She appears distant. The medic nods, running off saying he has to get back to the medical room because of a weight room accident.

You nod at Trinity, saying let's go to our old barracks, and collect our stuff. You do so, grabbing the box where you keep things from under your bunk. She does the same, and you head off to the barracks assigned to you. When you get there, you go to the bunk you were told you. After putting your stuff down, Maribeth approaches you both asking why you two are here.

You respond,saying you were assigned to squad 721 and this barracks. At first her eyes widen, then she speaks, "What?! That's mine, Isaac, and Clarks!"
TL;DR
Reply Quote
Posts: 3,056
You should offer links at the very top of the OP of the 3 threads so far and use this as your central hub kinda thing.

Zorca's Text Adventure: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2222192984
Zorca's Text Adventure Two: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2228423573
Zorca's Text Adventure Three: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2228414501

BTW, I really love this, great idea, ;). Kinda reminds me of those old Goosebumps books, where you decide what happens... "Turn to page 21 if you walk into the dark house. Or, turn to page 32 if run and call for help?"
________________________________________________
The Chat Gem Lives!


Hehe thanks, and yeah I'll put those up. I think I set a record for filling a thread though! I did two in two days.

And this is now well over 20 pages of writing, maybe I can turn this in for a grade to my LA teacher , haha.
Edited by Zorca on 3/13/2011 11:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP
Posts: 7,034
I think you did too. Last time I saw threads fill up so fast was the Real ID stuff...
________________________________________________
The Chat Gem Lives!
Reply Quote
MVP
Posts: 7,034
Add:

Zorca's Text Adventure Four: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2267576784
________________________________________________
The Chat Gem Lives!
Reply Quote
Posts: 184
so after a day o hell know waht you get assigned as a marine? lol it seems like thats a common thing in the Korprulu sector
Reply Quote
Posts: 167
Woah epic wall of text.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]