New Custom: Hero Attack v2.4

(Locked)

Hero Attack is an dota like game, but better. With about 100 items and 66 diverse heroes to choose from, from drone to Reaver, you're sure to like it. There are a wide range of strategies, from only getting offensive items to everyone goin in one pane. Dont't have enough people for even teams? Relax! The game balances the teams out with buffs for the losing team. Hero Attack is "easy to pick up and play," so don't worry about spending too much time learning the ropes. Visit Heroattack.net OR send me a pm ingame. My character code is 257
It's actually only 36 heroes, not 66, though more will be added soon. But hopefully more people check out hero attack.

And sorry I couldn't play with you yesterday since I was not online until later in the evening.
I love this game! especially playing with friends. It's simple to teach them which is great.
One thing I will point out is me and my friends all agree drone is a bit OP, so is probe, and scv might be, i could have played it on the wrong part of the map. But overall drone is quite op. Once you get brood lords its over.
Its an awesome game..But theres too many imbalances with the heroes. Some are strong and some are just weak. And there too many ground only heroes on zerg. Melee heroes should atleast attack air units normally. or not put air units at all.
If the maker reads this, the Lurker and Dark Templar are both painfully OP when cloaked, its like impossible to kill them unless your a baneling or have detectors everywhere.

P.S. I know you got some of the system from SoTIS, if you actually did, go find how the Chrono Elixir works and implement a similar type of item (its too painful otherwise).
Edited by Nuparu on 7/29/2011 10:34 AM PDT
I'm glad people like Hero Attack. Just want to say that it's not a typical AOS style game, so the strategies are quite diverse and different from what you might be used to.

07/27/2011 03:00 PMPosted by Ghost
Melee heroes should atleast attack air units normally. or not put air units at all.

The vast majority of heroes that cannot attack air normally have abilities that can help them attack air indirectly (be it an ability that pulls units to the ground, anti-air spell, an anti-air passive, or a spell/passive that allows them to attack air. In addition, each race has anti-air items that can help them vs air units. Furthermore, units that do not start with an air attack will have something to compensate (such as addition, life, range, energy, damage, etc). Air units are not much of a problem once people learn to deal with them.

07/29/2011 10:32 AMPosted by Nuparu
If the maker reads this, the Lurker and Dark Templar are both painfully OP when cloaked, its like impossible to kill them unless your a baneling or have detectors everywhere.

Each race has detection items, and many heroes have abilities that allow them to detect. Cloaking is counterable with a good use of these abilities as well as detection items. Of course I always look at balance of different aspects of Hero Attack, but invisibility hasn't been a major issue in higher skill games as far as I know.

07/29/2011 10:32 AMPosted by Nuparu
I know you got some of the system from SoTIS

Didn't take any thing from SOTIS. Don't even play it. I have no idea what chrono elixir is.
I find the leaver bonus to be too strong in general. Some heroes become very good with it. For instance, the Roach gains impossible regeneration if enough teammates are gone. I think a slight nerf to the bonus would make things better.
Big fan of Hero Attack but I have some suggestions.

-Overall, spells are quite weak and need scaling. Adding a fourth item that increased spell damage would be fantastic, or simply increasing spell damage with level would be fine.

-Zerg, from my experiences, is the worst race. Protoss and Terran can usually compete fairly well, but I have yet to beat a Terran or Protoss as Zerg.

-Several heroes need to be redesigned if spell damage scaling is not possible or in some cases, regardless, the biggest ones I can think of being Queen, Infestor, Preserver, Sentry, and Vulture.

-Please make production buildings invulnerable until all of the cannons are destroyed, I'm tired of reapers or even the occasional Reaver drop destroying 2-3 buildings before my team can respond, forcing us to keep one on defense the entire game.

-Cloaked units are too powerful, and with protoss having the only truly effective detector item(meaning it can't get killed easily), I would consider a redesign.

I find the leaver bonus to be too strong in general.

I'll try to balance it. The bonus has received some nerfs recently.

07/29/2011 07:46 PMPosted by Xene
-Overall, spells are quite weak and need scaling. Adding a fourth item that increased spell damage would be fantastic, or simply increasing spell damage with level would be fine.

I'm considering this. Originally, the idea was to make energy and energy regeneration scale with items/levels so that heroes with non-damage spells, such as summoning spells, would also benefit. But some casters might need a buff in the late game and a spell damage item might be a good idea.

07/29/2011 07:46 PMPosted by Xene
Please make production buildings invulnerable until all of the cannons are destroyed, I'm tired of reapers or even the occasional Reaver drop destroying 2-3 buildings before my team can respond, forcing us to keep one on defense the entire game.

Some people like the fact that you can sneak into an enemy's base and snipe a production building if the enemy team has poor map awareness or did not place any defensive items along the perimeter of the base. It allows for comebacks and rewards map awareness. However, I'll try my best to balance this strategy.
ghost is extremely OP ppl can literally stay stealthed for the entire laning after they got cloak and their nuke allows them to go into an enemy base and destroy or at least half the production buildings before anyone can reach them.
I'm glad to see your map is doing so well, Equal. :)
08/02/2011 05:04 PMPosted by Chirus
I'm glad to see your map is doing so well, Equal. :)

Thanks.

Hopefully, Star Strikers will do well too.
Edited by iiequalseipi on 8/2/2011 6:11 PM PDT
I'm surprised by how fun this game is to play tbh.

My only grievances are that stealth characters are quite powerful without a mobile detection system in place, and once you lose a production building you don't get it back.

Maybe if there was an expensive, but mobile form of detection that would help the problem a bit. Also if you could maybe spend a modest fee (maybe 2-4k?) to get a production building restored that would help things.

Thank you for taking the time to make and upload this map, me and quite a few other people really enjoy it.
This is an amazing game, but as most people have said, stealthed heroes need a nice hit from the nerf bat. Perhaps reducing their damage a bit would help or making stealth cost more energy. (Dark Templars in particular)
My only grievances are that stealth characters are quite powerful without a mobile detection system in place, and once you lose a production building you don't get it back.

Maybe if there was an expensive, but mobile form of detection that would help the problem a bit. Also if you could maybe spend a modest fee (maybe 2-4k?) to get a production building restored that would help things.

There is already an ability to rebuild lost production buildings which was added a few days ago (on Friday). One of the shops has an ability called rebuild production building. It allows you to rebuild a production building for 800 minerals, but has a cooldown of 8 seconds.

On stealth heroes, some people are concerned that mobile detection would make them useless. Many heroes have abilities that can detect indirectly and detection items aren't that expensive (plus I increased the inventory space a few days ago). Invisible heroes aren't that hard to deal with once you get used to playing against them.
I luv the game equal and i've been playing quite a while and terran, my favourite hero is proberly the marauder, toss is the archon because of his splash damage and i dont know if u notice this but u can do archon toilets in the game. Dts have vortex which combined of a archon splash damage especially when he has the weapons upgrade make its really strong and can get rid of a bunch up army quick. For zerg is actually multiple choices which is luker hydra roach and defiler. I luv the game and i dont know if u noticed that u could do a archon toilet and if u want to nerf it which is your choice But again luv the game addiced <3
07/29/2011 02:28 PMPosted by EagleMan
I find the leaver bonus to be too strong in general.

the issue im seeing with the leaver bonus is that compounds a stronger hero with less heros to share exp with... allowing them to out level the enemy and become even stronger... i just played a game where 2 ppl on my team left at the start and i was banshee... i was level 20 and killed the enemy base while their top level with lv 12... less heros means more money per hero also which means faster upgrades and soon your looking at exponential benefit from the leaver bonus
@ SnowMan - players receive the same income regardless of the number of players on their team (this was a recent change). I'll also look into the fact that the team with less players has a slight exp advantage over the team with more players.
Edited by iiequalseipi on 8/12/2011 11:03 PM PDT
08/07/2011 09:22 AMPosted by iiequalseipi
@ SnowMan - players receive the same income regardless of the number of players on their team (this was a recent change). I'll also look into the fact that the team with less players has a slight income advantage over the team with more players.

im not sure how the income is generated from the ticks but i know you get income per kill which is what i was referring to... for instance the hydra... regular attack is practically aoe dmg...leaver bonus =levels faster... leveling faster = more aoe dmg... more aoe dmg = more kills... more kills = more money... more money = more upgrades

maybe instead of having the exp split among heros in the area make it so they gain a set amount regardless of how many heros are there which will allow the team that is forced to play 2 heros per lane the ability to level as fast as the leavers team...

oh and me and my friends played a game a few days ago where the leaver bonus was like 40%... they had immortal and archon chars that were just unstopable... we had 4 heros attacking the immortal IN our base and when we finally killed him his respawn ability brough him back... then by the time we could bring him down again it was allready off cooldown again... the resurrect abilities should have a much longer cooldown (like 3 mins imo)
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]