New Custom: Hero Attack v2.4

(Locked)

Simply put, I am a complete noob at this entire style of game. I have played the lurker 4 times now (that is all I have ever played), and my kd is about 40-2. It is fast, has 1 slowdown ability, 1 reel in/stun ability, and another stun ability. I never use cocoon and burrow only when there are no heroes to kill. I'd say its op (especially early game when u reel an enemy into range of your towers).
just lost a game because we were about to win (in their base and killing buildings) then the leavers bump up their archon hero to a 60% bonus and he take out our base by himself before we could finish theirs... so retarded
Hero Attack is a load of fun. Kudos to the designer, and good luck with the ongoing development. I can't wait to get home from work and get back in a game.
@Snowman - Sorry, I meant slight exp rather than mineral advantage in my last post. Also, I weakened the leaver bonus in the last patch (to a level at which people used to complain that it was too low).

@ Hamsterboo - I'll try to balance the heroes as best I can.

@ DeepChild - Thanks for your support.
Edited by iiequalseipi on 8/12/2011 11:17 PM PDT
I played your game last night to show a buddy what dota basically was (yours was the top of the list, so I picked it), and we ended up playing for 5 hours together.

Great stuff! Needs some work, but you look determined to patch, so awesome!
I love this game. My favorite heroes are Probe,Templar, and Sentry. AKA, units that can`t attack. I do think the reaper is a little OP. When it berserks and it activates its turbo jet things I literally cannot target it unless I use the Slow Time templar ability. Is this intended or an accident?
I've only seen the Medic used once, but it got a RIDICULOUS Kill/Death ratio compared to everyone else. None of us could kill it.
Actually, scratch that last - a lot of the terran heroes are OP. Here, from a game I just lost - marauder got 9 kills, died 0 times. Another player also had 0 deaths (I think the banshee, but I'm not sure). The Protoss team had no players with 0 deaths.
hey equal i really think Hero Attack is an awesome game, but in the latest patch it seems all heroes are on team 1, and team 2 only has 1 computer. At first i thought this was the host trying to mess up the game, but every lobby i joined had the same thing. Don't know if some how blizzard made this change or you did, but plz make the teams even again, last time i played in the new patch my team one within 5 minutes :(
keep up the great work but plzzzz change this.
whoops sry bout that as soon as i logged back in it started to work again... keep up the good work
iiequalseipi, i have been playing hero attack for 2 weeks now,and its the BEST custom game out
there! I absolutely love it and i like all of the races, especially terran. NICE WORK!
I was playing yesterday and there was a hydra, he had +63 attack and like 2 armor. He was literally unstoppable. I couldnt even get one bar of hp down. I teamed up with 3 others and it was just funny, all of us trying to kill him, but we just couldn't. And dang, he was fast.

Otherwise, hero attack is my favorite custom game out there!
The latest version appears to be bugged and puts everyone on a single team, as @Thor mentioned.
Sorry about the lobby bug. I released 2.21, and have been away from a computer for the past 10 hours (due to personal reasons). Will fix this asap.
bug has been fixed.
Awesome game. Just a few comments.

Detection is not a problem - people who complain just don't know how to use it - although terran detection I think is superior it is compensated with bigger costs. I had never had a problem killing ghosts or dts. Generally if I find that I am being harassed by dt or ghost, just carry around with u 5 detections and as soon as you spot them create your detector. when detected, ghost and dt die very quickly.

however, I would vote to increase the damage of spell casters - because late game they practically become useless. I played the scv and I mean i had half the map in turrets - but it took 1 hero to just go through them all. Plus the leaver bonus does not help them at all.

Btw - you should probably remove money received from killing critters, or at least greatly reduce it. When you play probe or scv - you just build 6 cannons in their spawn and it brings in a huge amount of money early game - making it greatly unbalanced.

I also have beef with the phoenix hero, i mean seriously what has the phoenix done to you to be nerfed so badly? It can't fly and attack (the way it normally can in SC), it has horrible range, and it has horrible hp. One of these needs to be beefed up (only one).
08/23/2011 06:15 PMPosted by Neocount
however, I would vote to increase the damage of spell casters - because late game they practically become useless. I played the scv and I mean i had half the map in turrets - but it took 1 hero to just go through them all. Plus the leaver bonus does not help them at all.

I'm considering making spells, rather than energy, scale with the Hero's Level. However, a change as big as this will have to wait until after the August 2011 Hero Attack tournament since the players in the tournament will complain if I make such significant changes and cause temporary imbalance before the tournament is over.

Btw - you should probably remove money received from killing critters, or at least greatly reduce it. When you play probe or scv - you just build 6 cannons in their spawn and it brings in a huge amount of money early game - making it greatly unbalanced.

Critters may be replaced with different features (such as captureable resource locations that increase your team's income) in the future.

I also have beef with the phoenix hero, i mean seriously what has the phoenix done to you to be nerfed so badly? It can't fly and attack (the way it normally can in SC), it has horrible range, and it has horrible hp. One of these needs to be beefed up (only one).

Many players consider the phoenix hero to be one of the strongest heroes in the game due to it's mobility and spells. If you want to create a discussion on if the phoenix hero is too weak then please do so at www.heroattack.net.
I recently played a random pub game and Husky was on the other team. =3

Love the game btw.
Excellent game! The only balance suggestions i have are to maybe nerf the reaver a little (i played it once, and with stat boosts i had around 450+ damage), and to definitely nerf the drone. the spines hp boost seems to make it almost unkillable, and the range+Broodlords allows it to constantly kill production buildings. Ghost is very hard to lane against early game, but i wouldnt say its TOO op....
I used to really like this game but I'm completely soured on it now. The high level hidden bonus is out of hand for zerg these days. With the right few skills purchased you cannot kill several of the zerg heros even with 3-5 enemy heroes beating on them.
I know zerg got a buff because they were HORRIBLE before but now they're straight up OP.
Tired of the ultra or lurker just parking in your base and destroying everything in spite of being beated on by even equal level heroes. 20 level ghost and thor recently vs level 20 any zerg in your base and I can shoot/snipe special attack with level 5 weapons and stun all day they do not die. This is with 2+ other heroes on my team working to kill them as well.
Repeatedly zerg levels to 18-20 then just waltzes into your base and snipes your main building. You could say just win faster, but that's not always possible.
Please address balance!!
@HoBgADling - I'll try to get out some major balance changes this month as well as various other improvements.

Of course I can't publish anything until Blizzard releases patch 1.4. :(
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]