New Custom: Hero Attack v2.4

(Locked)

I seriously hate bannelings. They should take out the ability to destroy buildings by suiciding themselve or by exploding. The ability to explode should only affect units or heroes, not buildings because it is unfair to other races.
Infestors seem quite powerful, especially early game w/ creeps.

http://i.imgur.com/3b4sN.jpg

He had 8 of the powerful creeps while most people were still only 2-3 and our own trash spawns were just getting to T2. There should probably be a smaller limit to the number of mobs that can be MC'd, or just a duration.

On another note what might be a bug is being able to move toss and zerg detectors but not terran. Terran is a building, but observers and overseers can be moved via DT void swap and possibly others (haven't tested them yet). This makes these perma cloak units quite powerful as you need to literally just throw away minerals and spam detection to get them.
another bug note (the captcha on heroattack.net registration is brutal). When a dark archon MC's a zerg unit, it is incredibly difficult to attack it. While spines and other zerg units attack, your hero will not. A move does not work. right click on unit does not work. You must a and click on the unit, and if you are attacked by anything you will stop attacking the unit.

It is possible and likely that this happens in more cases, but this is just the one case in which I know for sure.
Man why does this even exist...
Such an imbalanced game, infestors mind control a crap ton at once and roll over everything early on. Dark archon can mind control air units to save up to spawn kill the opponent, dark archon is so OP with the 2 stuns, reduced sight radius and mind control.

Put a limit on how many creeps that you can control

So many problems with this game that haven't been fixed
Edited by Zealot on 12/27/2011 6:40 PM PST
I beg you to please limit the amount of sci vessels a Raven can have. Terran teams can easily cheese.
Dark Archon can be insanely broken late-game with mind control, they can just herp derp all over your base with 30+ wraith/scout/mutas.
Zergling heroes are ridiculously broken. I just watch as a level 17 zergling hero massacred all of our level 20 protoss heroes. That being a Voidray, Dark Zealot, Dark Templar, Phoenix, and Immortal. He went on to Destroy our nexus with his spawnable zerglings as backup. We barely got the notification before our base was gone.
IMO, all structures should have significantly higher damage, but harder to heal in return, to reduce the chance of one backdoor and win.
I personally think that the cloaks are getting too off of hand. Cloak without wasting energy? That's pretty cheap
a bad bug is that when infestor use the neural parasite ability, and the unit dies, the tentacle sometimes stays and when ur burrowed, u see this random tenttacle sticking out.
PLaing tonight 7p to ? cst if anyone wants to form a team
i love the game but there are some things i don't like. i don't mind backdooring at all i find it a way a team can make a comeback but when the infestor or dark archon comes in with a huge army of mind controlled units its just not fair. they either ignore your attacks and destroy your buildings in seconds or they destroy you then your buildings in seconds i can fight an army of 10 maybe but when someone comes in with 30 theres no chance. please do something to even this out. even if i wanted to stop someone from making an army they can easily just keep them at there base until there to big to fight. its like trying to put out the sun with a bottle of water. i can take someone putting the max amount of cannons pn the field because there imobile but trying to fight an army of 30 wraths or tanks is just impossible. the only way to beat them would be if the player was afk and you nuked them or did some super attack and the chance of getting that lucky is very slim. Also what are you planning to do with the game when heart of the swarm comes out?
Edited by Modrawk on 1/20/2012 10:49 PM PST
I mean no offense, But i Dont like hero attack when I played it, Mainly because it was my first time, and i picked the drone, at level 1 I killed all the first spine crawlers, Because my Spine crawler ability had Rediculus range, Its and Okay map dont get me wrong, But it has some Serious Balancing issues.
well then you got lucky cause if i did that usualy 3 people would jump me. you just played with people who were to lazy to save there defence, to new to understand how dangerous a drone is, or underestimated you. also ghost can nuke there defence and there nukes range is more than you're defences so you have to get there in time to stop the nuke from destroying them. i've seen it happen plenty of times, also a tank can do the same thing as you except it may have more or equal range. play the game again don't knock it till you play it 10 times. i doubt it will take ten games though.
another thing i'd like to comment on. first the dark tempars void prison doesn't affect the detectors. and the changelings the overseer has cannot be detected thats not really that fair considering he can stay at his base and just send changelings the whole time. we should at least be able to detect them so we can defend ourselves so please make it to where detectors can spot them.
Drone is sooooooo OP, after about 20 games the drone seems to be the most over powered unit. It levels up so much faster and has amazing range and change speed time. RAGE!!!!!!
ive tryed it but its too imba for my liking

just as tip for future dota maps start with two heros and add more after its balanced again

till it is balanced im sticking to Star Battle
i think abilities like the high templars mind storm or whatever is good against the drone. takes him a sec to move away. also drone vs drone that drone swarm abilitie is good too then theres the yamato cannon. and siege tank works maybe reaver too. i think high templar or dark would work best though if your toss. i guess infestor for zerg and again tank for terran or thor. just think a sec when fighting them. op units are not as hard when you get experience (and no i don't mean try to be a higher level :)). they get easier to fight when you start to find there unit there bad against. its like rock paper scissors something beats something. just hope your team has that unit though otherwise it won't be easy. though i don't know anything good for a dark zealot so someone give me a heads up if you know a good strategy for it.also the units that you can't beat is the one you should start using. thats the best way to learn how to kill it. heh funny i can easily write this much but can never get my self to write a report or do a project. curse you brain. CURSE YOU!!!
Edited by Modrawk on 1/28/2012 11:08 PM PST
also which group do you think has the most op units. units as in number of not each ones power.
Edited by Modrawk on 1/28/2012 11:11 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]