StarCraft® II

Season Lock In Effect - Games Still Count

Community Manager
Season 1 is almost at an end - - the ladders are now locked. This means you cannot be promoted or demoted, and your bonus pools stop growing. This is your time to play off some of your bonus pool, and push for the top of your division in hopes of gaining a better milestone.

It's important to note that even though promotions and demotions are locked, ratings are still updated during the lock. This means if you perform significantly different than your current league, your league will change when Season 2 begins and you play your one placement match. If you go on a major winning streak during the lock, you may end up promoted, if you lose a lot more than usual during the lock, you may end up being demoted. Your games during the lock still count!

For more information on season lock and end dates: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2228179462
Edited by Bashiok on 3/22/2011 11:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
woo hoo! thanks!
Reply Quote
This makes more sense.
Reply Quote
How are the games literally going to COUNT when u whiped everyones records and ratios clean, STUPIDEST idea ever wow thank so much for this horrible thought WOW
Reply Quote
Im confused. Are you saying that during 'lock' your rating will still change, thus if you were to lose 1000 games in a row, and you were in diamond, when the lock ends and you play 1 placement match, say against a master and you win, you will probably be demoted because of the 1000 loses during the 'lock'

or am i missing something here?
Reply Quote
Im confused. Are you saying that during 'lock' your rating will still change, thus if you were to lose 1000 games in a row, and you were in diamond, when the lock ends and you play 1 placement match, say against a master and you win, you will probably be demoted because of the 1000 loses during the 'lock'

or am i missing something here?

Yes, your MMR will still change even though the leagues are locked, so if you go down to bronze league MMR your placement match will place you in bronze league.
Reply Quote
They are referring your MMR rating, which is your hidden rating and it will be affected during this time. This hidden rating is what actually determines what league you are in
Reply Quote
Community Manager
03/22/2011 11:36 AMPosted by TheRooR
How are the games literally going to COUNT when u whiped everyones records and ratios clean, STUPIDEST idea ever wow thank so much for this horrible thought WOW

In StarCraft II there's a hidden skill rating which is used for matchmaking and league placement. This number carries over from season to season. Your games literally continue to count during the lock, but thank you for your feedback.
Edited by Bashiok on 3/22/2011 11:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
^.^ this means i still got my shot for diamond when the season kicks in :D:D:D
Reply Quote
03/22/2011 12:02 PMPosted by November
What happens for new teams who play placement matches?

You can still place in a league, you just cannot move up or down this league after you have been placed in it, until next week.
Reply Quote
03/22/2011 11:58 AMPosted by Bashiok

In StarCraft II there's a hidden skill rating which is used for matchmaking and league placement. This number carries over from season to season. Your games literally continue to count during the lock, but thank you for your feedback.

I have a feeling you don't mean that last part. :p

I hope I get top 8. :D
Reply Quote
Community Manager
03/22/2011 12:02 PMPosted by November
What happens for new teams who play placement matches?

You'll be placed, but initial placements are generally conservative, so even if you rock your matches don't expect to go above platinum. And of course you'll be stuck there until the new season and a new placement.

It's worth it though. Why not grab a sweet icon?
Reply Quote
Cool ... that means I have to play (and win) a bunch of 1v1s before next Tuesday to clinch my illustrious position as #2 in my Bronze Division "Valerian Iota". (And win a little bling.)

WooHoo ! I feel like I'm 13 again ... Thanks Blizz! (I'm just slightly sarcastic ... it's all fun)
Edited by GroK on 3/22/2011 12:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/22/2011 11:36 AMPosted by TheRooR

so play a different game.
Reply Quote
nothing comes up for quick match or custom games... i am sad : (

EDIT: it's up!! shiny shiny milestone :D
Edited by sugatooth on 3/22/2011 1:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
dam! i feel like i was so close to getting promoted too! lol oh well, now ill have to wait untill next season, 1st place in my division here i come!

What happens in terms of the opponents you play? For example, ive been playing diamond lvl players lately, will i still play players at this lvl due to my mmr? or will it be restricted to only players in my league?
Edited by UnOriginal on 3/22/2011 1:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]