StarCraft® II

Season Lock In Effect - Games Still Count

03/22/2011 4:17 PMPosted by BigPapi
I don't understand how you acculate points, it some have played a fewer games however they more points than me.

That's cuz their win/loss ratio is better but now it will be really hard to tell that so it will make rating feel more important and that less important unless you're masters+.
Reply Quote
Seasons are unbearably long. I think new seasons should completely wipe your record every 3 months. Lets face it, after reaching master league most people feel established enough to not have to mass game to prove their skills. New seasons faster, will get more players playing, i am almost 100 percent sure on that. Give letter grades instead of icons (keep the icons though they are sick, but just assign and letter grade ex. A-, C+, etc.) Since MMR is the key in match making it should be clear the level the player is playing at. Just my opinion though, i'm sure some people think its too long.
Reply Quote

Bashiok: 1.
Grumpy Old Troll: 0

NJ can't wait for the new season!
Edited by BeastofManju on 3/22/2011 6:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Ohh I like this sticky! This definitely means I should play my hardest right now, because if anything, this could be the best chance to move up the a league!
Reply Quote
im rank 2 bronze and have been kicking ass lately recovering from a 7 game loss streak to breaking even. Now i can't see improvement and my w/l is being reset to 0-0, their is no since of accomplishment. New badges are nice but i really wanna move on from bronze.
Reply Quote
"How are the games literally going to COUNT when u whiped everyones records and ratios clean, STUPIDEST idea ever wow thank so much for this horrible thought WOW"

Congrats TheRooR,

You have earned the Stupidest Milestone Icon. This Image constitutes twelve heavyset men taking a steaming dump on your dignity, and a word that does not exist

Reply Quote
Blizzard Admin,

I'm unable to view any league & ladders page in-game battle.net.
It appears blank as if I've never participated in Season 1. Profile page works fine though.

I don't know why I'm the only one affected by this. Could it be an unforeseen consequence of playing 1v1 ATs, and 3v3 RT only?
Reply Quote
so what happens if you dont play with your friend any more? will the placement disappear?
Reply Quote
yea it does. me and 2 freinds tested out the theory in 3s. We purposely lost 5 placements to get into bronze (thinking the system might cap the competition at silver/gold) 12 wins in we were facing diamonds+ even though we were still in bronze.
Reply Quote
03/22/2011 12:34 PMPosted by Bashiok
What happens for new teams who play placement matches?

You'll be placed, but initial placements are generally conservative, so even if you rock your matches don't expect to go above platinum. And of course you'll be stuck there until the new season and a new placement.

It's worth it though. Why not grab a sweet icon?

Not sure if it's working properly, me and a friend did 5 placement matches for 2v2, we win 4 and lose 1 yet we were put in bronze (with a bunch of teams, most of the division were new teams aswell) and i'm unsure if that was un-intentional.
Reply Quote
03/22/2011 12:34 PMPosted by Bashiok
What happens for new teams who play placement matches?

Why not grab a sweet icon?

What is so cool about icons? Some of my friends won't switch from SC:BW to SC2 because of the achievement crap, they think the game is designed for kids who need a gold star for everything they do. Now there are more reasons they won't switch to SC2.
Reply Quote
Will the new season finally fix the "trading" bug in 1 vs 1?, I thought patch 1.3 would have fixed that. I'm still stuck and since everyone else is a trader the best win/loss ratio i can get is 50%. Is the mmr score an overall score or is it separate for 1 vs 1 . 2 vs 2 etc...
Reply Quote
03/23/2011 12:16 AMPosted by GoHaraGo
yea it does. me and 2 freinds tested out the theory in 3s. We purposely lost 5 placements to get into bronze (thinking the system might cap the competition at silver/gold) 12 wins in we were facing diamonds+ even though we were still in bronze.

I lawl'd, though we didn't quite check if they were actually 3's AT diamond or if they were just random. Either way match-making is still the same, hope to see diamond after the placement next week
Edited by ReikaCraft on 3/23/2011 10:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
So when does the new season start?
Reply Quote
new season starts next week tuesday, anyone else on a major losing streak and think they might get demoted in the new season (i seriously don't want to work my way back to plat just cuz i bomb this week)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]