StarCraft® II

April Fools! StarCraft II – Patch 1.4.11

Fixed a bug where Terran players were able to lose a game.

Fixed a bug preventing Planetary Fortresses from lifting off.

04/01/2011 10:00 AMPosted by Bashiok
Due to lack of use, the Lurker has been removed from the game

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Due to its extreme popularity, two additional versions of Delta Quadrant have been added to the 1v1 map pool to increase a player’s likelihood to queue for this map.

thats not even funny. i still dont know why its in the map pool

Carrier (new unit) is now available from the Stargate.

i pissed myself laughing

Battlecruiser movement speed increased from 1.875 to Ludicrous Speed.

greatest. referance. ever. of all time.

Bunker

No change.

lol epic.

To balance the issue of Zerg under-representation and Terran over-representation in the upper ladder brackets, the names of these two races have been switched. This should result in higher "Zerg" representation and lower “Terran” representation.

lol that might fix things

Colossi now have 5 legs. They just looked kinda weird with 4

lol
who says that the blues don't listen to the community?

despite being a joke, this is the clearest evidence you can get stating that they DO listen.

they just disagree with you, is all ;)

these patch notes are pure win. even the 1.4.11 (the way every other country except america writes dates, so it translates to 4/1/11) is perfect.
MVP
Fixed a bug where Terran players were able to lose a game.

el oh el!
Due to lack of use, the Lurker has been removed from the game.

this one was cruel to the bone
04/01/2011 11:22 AMPosted by Multifail
This is a pretty awesome "in your face" to all the QQ'ers. Yes, they read the forums. No, they don't agree with you.

Yeah, definitely. These patch notes were awesome, and part of the reason they were awesome is because they prove that they are in fact listening even if they don't act on it.
I have got to say spawn larvae for queens being able to be set on auto-cast does sound pretty good.
This totally made my day.
  • Due to lack of use, the Lurker has been removed from the game.

• Ok that's just mean. Blizz kicking players when they're already down!
    these are changes that should actually be put into the game, no joke

A new league has been added! Ultimate Grandmaster represents the top one player in each region. Do you have what it takes?

General

* Players who do not type "GG" before quitting a game will receive an automatic loss for bad manners.

* Players who are winning a match and type “GG” on behalf of their opponent will automatically surrender.

* The Dance Studio has been added to the game! Teach your units new dances by purchasing them with your bonus pool. Show off to opponents, impress your friends!

* To help lesser known maps get more exposure, there is now a 1-hour cooldown before you can play the same custom map again.

*Flying buildings now crush any non-massive units and Protoss Force Fields when landing. This effect can destroy friendly units.

* To bring the Queen’s Spawn Larvae ability in line with MULEs and Chrono Boost, Spawn Larvae can now be set to auto-cast.

I laughed. Then I realized how closely they've been listening to us. Then I smiled.
    Battlecruiser movement speed increased from 1.875 to Ludicrous Speed.

It's gone plaid!
    LOL nice one blizz
    I wish that Blizzard would compile a new list of every balance change suggested on these forums each week and post it so that we could all see how idiotic we are. It would be lovely.

Also, all of the people who are getting trolled, raging, and then deleting their posts make me ever so happy. Thanks, Bashiok!
    Bravo Bashiok. BRAVO. This was hilarious. I loved it.

Remove the lurker since it's never used.....lol.

• Due to lack of appreciation by players, the Mothership has been surgically altered to be sleeker and more visually appealing, and has been renamed to the Cougarship. The Cougarship will automatically gravitate toward enemy units that have been in play for 18-21 minutes and attempt to bring them back to the nearest friendly base.
  • [/ul][/ul]

This alone nearly made me laugh out loud in class. It was genius. Well done.
    lol this is awesome. It also shows that blizzard is aware of some of the issues players are having and we now know they have a good reason for not changing them.

Also, there is a huge bug where u can't life off ur nexus and unleash the invisibile protis sni-
    Very well done blizzard, quite a fun read

-Flying buildings now crush any non-massive units and Protoss Force Fields when landing. This effect can destroy friendly units.
    I believe I suggested something like this recently in one of the "random game changes" thread (don't remember what it was called- just a place to say a bunch of random changes that would be awesome/funny/game breaking).
    these are changes that should actually be put into the game, no joke

General

* Players who do not type "GG" before quitting a game will receive an automatic loss for bad manners.

I'm willing to bet this one will definitely be implemented. In fact, I believe that patch will roll out somewhere around July 27, 2010.
    This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]