StarCraft® II

April Fools! StarCraft II – Patch 1.4.11

04/01/2011 10:00 AMPosted by Bashiok
Due to lack of appreciation by players, the Mothership has been surgically altered to be sleeker and more visually appealing, and has been renamed to the Cougarship. The Cougarship will automatically gravitate toward enemy units that have been in play for 18-21 minutes and attempt to bring them back to the nearest friendly base.

Best patch note ever.
In addition to losses, wins are now also no longer shown. Instead, players will see Jim Raynor giving them a thumbs-up after every match regardless if they win or lose.

...Pretty much what you've already done. lol
Finally, I've been waiting for a Battle.net wide Voice Chat! That Planetary Fortress bug was starting to get annoying. Will they be able to shoot air when they lift off now?
I lol'd at the big fixes :)
Due to lack of appreciation by players, the Mothership has been surgically altered to be sleeker and more visually appealing, and has been renamed to the Cougarship. The Cougarship will automatically gravitate toward enemy units that have been in play for 18-21 minutes and attempt to bring them back to the nearest friendly base.

Actually, I don't get this one. Can someone explain?

If you dont get it, then your not old enough to have it explained to.
Edited by Nazar on 4/1/2011 10:23 AM PDT
The Dance Studio has been added to the game! Teach your units new dances by purchasing them with your bonus pool. Show off to opponents, impress your friends!

AHA. Refer to patch 4.1.11 for WoW:

Dance Studio has been removed from the game due to lack of use.

Blizzard is so pro at this April Fools thing. xD
* In addition to losses, wins are now also no longer shown. Instead, players will see Jim Raynor giving them a thumbs-up after every match regardless if they win or lose.

I could get behind this.
Where are my Tauren Marines?

Did anyone notice that 1.4.11 represents today's date?
hahahah awesome Blizz :D So good
This made me laugh way too hard at work. "Bunker - No change" made me die. I don't even know why.
*Slow Clap* Bravo Blizzard. Bravo.
Bunkers
- No Change

Best part. That made me laugh my ass off for quite some time. Really good joke though guys, which isn't really surprising. You've been keeping me entertained since Panda Express (I think that was the first WoW April Fool's joke) and I'm sure you'll keep it up =D. Now, can Terran players finally get Terratron back? The Laser Drill was a step in the right direction, but I feel Terran D needs to be a little stronger.
Epic.
This is the greatest thing ever. Of all time.
04/01/2011 10:12 AMPosted by DibujEx
Lol so funny, the sad part is that they know about the bad things about this games and they do nothing about it ):!
I dont understand why Zerg eggs dont already match the size of the unit they are making, or at least somewhat...., Watching a couple of ultras hatch is just so cartoonish its kind of a killjoy.
Awesome work on these <3

* Fixed a bug where Terran players were able to lose a game.

My god I laughed for a good 2 minutes.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]