Starjeweled 1v1 Insane comp

I made a video of beating the insane comp with the strategy I used. Takes a little bit of luck if you're bad at bejeweled like I am, rofl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW_bul_H1C8

* If you beat the insane computer you get the achievements for beating the medium, hard, very hard, and insane in one go. *
Edited by Teighty on 4/9/2011 3:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
First try after spending a good 45 minutes counter summoning his spawns.

Not sure whether I hate you or love you.
Reply Quote
Very nice video! Took me three tries after watching your video.
Reply Quote
Just got this on my third attempt. It should be noted that for as good as this strategy is, it is just as bad for very hard mode. I'm not sure why, it worked so well in medium and hard modes, but I banged my head against the way for a good hour trying this on very hard mode with no success. I wish I had known before hand that if you complete this on insane mode, it also gives you the achievements for the easier modes.

In summary, do this on Insane until you get it and save yourself some frustration.
Reply Quote
Just edited it to reflect what you said Lewis. =)
Reply Quote
Took me 1 try in 3 min after this video and i only need 5 tanks
Edited by Lucky on 4/10/2011 6:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks man. I got it in 2 tries after this video...actually I didn't even finish the video. I just heard what you said at the beginning about 8 tanks and mass ghost and just do it before i even finish the video. I remember to summon tanks only once the AI marine line reaches the cannon and then after 7-8 tanks i start spamming "S" and totally ignore whats going on in the screen and stay focus on the jewels. After a couple of minutes the victory sign appear haha.

BTW I totally blow at starjewels, the ending result even though I won was
Me - 5100 energy
AI - 10140 energy
Hahha
Reply Quote
ya I suck at bejeweled too thats why I posted the video so people like us can beat the insane comp, rofl. ^^;
Reply Quote
It has NOT worked for me yet. I make 8 tanks and it makes 10 at once along with 3 collosi at once? WTF All this in 1:35 seconds...
Reply Quote
I tried this, worked on second try. It's pretty much a fool-proof way to beat the insane AI.
Reply Quote
I did it differently, but it seemed pretty easy when I did it on insane as well. I only made tanks and casted spells. No other units.

It seems like tanks + practically anything works :P

Reply Quote
Ya tanks are pretty good on the map, but I wasnt having any luck with hydras or spells, ghosts worked best for me, but I suck bad at bejeweled rofl.
Reply Quote
I'm sorry, I die before I can get 1800 total minerals. Computer usually has 4800 by that time. You are all lying thru your teeth if you say you are bad at bejeweled, I'm the one that is bad. I'm lucky if I get a string of 2. My first 2 cannons are dead by the time I get 900 energy to make 3 tanks and there are about 15 marines 2-3 immortals, and a couple mutas or banshees.

Closet bejeweled players.
Reply Quote
There is no way that video is on insane either, they hardly bring anything at you.
Reply Quote
Well, after about 30 matches that take longer to actually create and start playing than actually play, I got some REALLY REALLY lucky strings and got 8 tanks, but then I stopped being lucky and got about 5-6 ghosts before an ultra and 2 tanks killed my tanks (didn't even get their 2nd line of defense dead).

This game is all luck, there is no skill. You could mass zealots and win with as good as you are doing in that video compared to me.
Reply Quote
Yea.... This is impossible. I am not good at bejeweled. Even when I get a great combo going I can never get enough rines to slow them down. Game is over when I got about 1700 while they got 3500 and both my main cannons are dead from their tanks.

I still don't believe you are on insane in that video. I've watched several other people play games vs insane (in their videos, many show that they are insane by showing the pre-game starting screen) and their bots are waaaaay better than the ones you show in your video. Anyways, I still haven't seen anyone bad beat them yet. You have to be able to match their marines to stand a chance (or be close) and I just cant.
Reply Quote
for the naysayers, I just tried this and won on my first attempt
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]