StarCraft® II

Starjeweled 1v1 Insane comp

Lol, glad I'm not the only one that has been driven to insanity by this game. Yeah, I've been absolutely owned by the AI over and over again whenever I try the tank strat. The best I can do is a constant back and forth with the AI always having miraculous spawns. I honestly think the AI in this game needs to be dramatically tweaked. Does anyone have a LIVE game on the most recent patch. I want to see someone's mouse move on insane. It would be helpful to compare my speed to theirs.
Reply Quote
This.
Cannot.
Be.
Done.
Reply Quote
I got it on my first try and did it 7 more times

Here is yet another replay
http://replayfu.com/r/Rp7tJf
Reply Quote

still impossible

xD
Reply Quote
Here's a video posted after July, and most likely the recent patch. Judging from watching it, it appears to have the same AI we've been seeing as of late. Worth a shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2MTyQqZUak
Reply Quote
the way I got it was by having my gf play the bejewled part while I summoned the units, lol :P
Reply Quote
Ok, I must have played this game over 100 times now and I finally beat the Insane AI. In the beginning I was doing tanks/hydra or tank/ghost like many people suggest. Then in desperation I made a group of roaches and suddenly I was getting into games that would get up over 20,000 energy used. ROACHES ARE THE KEY!!!!

I then tried just roaches. Massed up a group when I had full energy and then they pushed all the way up and killed all the cannons. But then it got too hard to support. So I waited till I got full energy again and then made another group. I killed all the cannons but somehow they pushed me back with just the temple left and I lost.

WINNING STRAT!!!!!!!
Get full energy and wait until the AI spawn their special units. Just use storm until they get to the cannons. When they get to the cannons mass up 7 tanks. Once you have 7 tanks, you should be pushing them back. Now just mass roaches. Roaches are so fast (and cheap) they can easily run up past the tanks and keep taking the damage so the tanks do not. They end up engaging the units while the tanks kill the cannons. The game was so easy after I got the 7 tank/roach ball that I hardly had to match jewels anymore!!!!!!!!

Piece of cake now.
Reply Quote
These strats do not seem to be working for me. I've been at this for days!
Reply Quote
Ok, I must have played this game over 100 times now and I finally beat the Insane AI. In the beginning I was doing tanks/hydra or tank/ghost like many people suggest. Then in desperation I made a group of roaches and suddenly I was getting into games that would get up over 20,000 energy used. ROACHES ARE THE KEY!!!!

I then tried just roaches. Massed up a group when I had full energy and then they pushed all the way up and killed all the cannons. But then it got too hard to support. So I waited till I got full energy again and then made another group. I killed all the cannons but somehow they pushed me back with just the temple left and I lost.

WINNING STRAT!!!!!!!
Get full energy and wait until the AI spawn their special units. Just use storm until they get to the cannons. When they get to the cannons mass up 7 tanks. Once you have 7 tanks, you should be pushing them back. Now just mass roaches. Roaches are so fast (and cheap) they can easily run up past the tanks and keep taking the damage so the tanks do not. They end up engaging the units while the tanks kill the cannons. The game was so easy after I got the 7 tank/roach ball that I hardly had to match jewels anymore!!!!!!!!

Piece of cake now.

Sounds like a reasonable strategy.

The only problem is the AI's air support. :[ If you're slow at making marines, no amount of roaches and tanks will win you the game.
Reply Quote
This is impossible.
Reply Quote
07/12/2011 09:01 PMPosted by TwoToedSloth
I honestly think the AI in this game needs to be dramatically tweaked.

Agree.

If they're going to give achievements for this, at least control tha AI to not spam like 30,000,000 points for move.

I love achievements, but i'm not a hardcore-genius of jeweled that can get "For the swarm!" everytime i move a jewel.
Reply Quote
If anyone is still interested.
I just beat it.
I used Time cell each time there was colo or ultra
otherwise just spam hydra and roach.

15870 my minerals
20520 AI
Reply Quote
Finally did it. Miracle.

But honestly, it did require a lot of luck. P: I'm am about as slow as a slug finding the combos, so usually I hit +30 energy (or 3 gems together) every turn. I rarely got 4+ gems together.

I was sort of half playing, not expecting anything to happen, when all of a sudden, I got Fantastic! with a SEVEN gem string. :o I instantly filled up and massed roaches and hydras.

The key is no doubt roaches and hydras. Both are cheap and mobile; roaches can tank those **@!* marine bullets; hydras can focus down anything with ease.
Previous games, I saved to max in the beginning, then pushed with a 1:1 roach/hydra combo. That ball (adding only 1 marine and 1 roach/hydra every 5 seconds) was able to tank a lot of the damage the AI was throwing at me. I stopped during one game to watch the battle and didn't combine the gems. That ball lasted for 30 seconds. o.O
Imagine if you were actually fast at finding matches. o.o Imagine if you were lucky and hit a couple Fantastic!'s in the beginning.

Good luck!
Reply Quote
Hey guys, so I just got the insane achievement after about 50 tries. Here's how I did it. As soon as I hit 1000 energy I made 2 ultras, then I made a couple hydras. I mostly used the rest of my energy for healing wave and some for picking up the enemy ultras. If I had a lot of excess I would get more hydras. If you lose the 2 ultras, get back up to 1000 energy and repeat the process.

Keep in mind my matching skills are very, very, poor. The game took almost 7 minutes because the AI was pushing me back all the way to my last 2 cannons a few times. This game is a lot of luck and a little skill. I was yelling out BS a lot. Just don't be discouraged. I've just proven that a person with no matching skill can use this strategy and win. You will get it eventually, I promise, but it might take a few days.

This game is BS, most of us were raging at one point or another.

Good luck :)
Reply Quote
I tried the stupid tanks/ghosts, roach/hydras. Finally beat it using 3 ultras + healing wave, no other units. My first wave of 3 ultras was destroyed and I build another wave of 3 when they pushed back to my cannon. I used a prison 3 or 4 times when the enemy built ultralisks and collossi. 1 Ultra died before I could heal him but the other 2 carried me through the end. I Ended 8070 to 9810, 342 kills to enemy 84. I had so damn many marines balled at the end, I count at least 80. The 2 ultralisks were just camping the spawn point the entire last couple minutes. The enemy built mutas once but my marines destroyed them fast.

I tried ultras before a few times and the enemy build mutas to counter to counter. I think the AI will only counter stuff you build if it has energy at that time. It first built a few tanks and collossi and immortals and at that point is when I built my ultras.

I wasn't particularly lucky with combos or anything but I do use a strategy I thought of that helps me immensely I've never played bejeweled and I hate "low-minded" games as I call them. Instead I pause the game constantly, look for combos, click them then immediately repause. I form my strategy while paused but this allowed me to go from getting rocked by medium to beat insane AI in a single night. Now thinking about this I play on 2560X1600 resolution so I'm not sure if this will work for everyone as the pause screen may block the jewel area on smaller resolutions. It should work on 1920X1080 I think.

Good luck guys, 10 minutes ago I was like the rest of you, hating blizzard for making this terrible achievement for us perfectionists.
Edited by Ezareth on 3/23/2013 10:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]