StarCraft® II

Starcraft the movie

This has probably been mentioned before but....

Would starcraft make a good movie? What elements of the story should it be about? SC1 events? Broodwar events? (my personal pick) WoL events? Combination of all 3? Events that don't take place in-game?

As I see it, there are pretty crappy movies out with less interesting characters(like transformers), so yes!

If you agree, who would you want to play the games characters?

My suggestions:

Raynor: Nathan Fillion
Tychus: Mickey Rourke
Arcturus: Ron Perlman
Valerian: ?
Kerrian: ?
Nova: ?
Tosh: Tyrese (jk)
Duran: Chiwetel Ejiofor
Narud: Hugo Weaving
Horner: ?

All of the protoss should be digitally rendered and use the same voice actors as the games

any ideas? I know I'm leaving people out...
Reply Quote
Perhaps for SC2 WoL, but I'm not sure SC1 would mesh well. Movies like to have a 1-track narrative from the perspective of the protagonist's side, people don't want a movie to completely change sides 1/3 of the way through. There isn't really enough content to make separate movies for each campaign (of SC1).

I'd probably love to see a SC movie if it was good and kept reasonably close to the storyline.
Reply Quote
Do a movie of Sc1, see if it sells. If it does do SC2, then some cool pre Sc1 movie.
Reply Quote
StarCraft Brood War I think would be best with an intro and flashbacks to explain whats going on. The entire movie would be played from perspective of the dominion more specifically Raynor, who would be the main character. They would have to work in the fighting on Shakuras somehow.
Reply Quote
if it were up to me, I would have Kerrigan be the main character of a trilogy of movies

You can have the 1st movie be about her ghost training, assassinating Angus Mengsk, becoming an experiment at the hands of the confederacy, and ultimately joining the son's of korhal and meeting Jim Raynor down the line

2nd movie would feature the betrayal, her transformation into the queen of blades, some more about her early years and perhaps even the overmind converting her psychologically into the queen of blades (perhaps she was just a pissed @%!%! and was willing to join the zerg) and the rebellion of Raynors raider's vs the dominion

3rd movie would be an all out actioner complete with the introduction of Valerian, the artifacts, and the big invasion of Char

I would imagine the movies being like Lord of the Rings trilogy, where the scenes switch back and forth between two different parts of the story (like scenes following frodo and sam vs scenes following aragorn/legolas/gimli)

thoughts?
Reply Quote
I would prefer a Starcraft: Ghost story. Movie audiences are turnt off when the story switches between protagonists (SC1) and contains useless fillers (SC2). With an SC:G movie the first half-hour or so can be Nova waiting to undergo her memory wipe and a montage as she remembers why she wants the memory wipe (hey family murdered, she turnt into a slave/serial killer, the cruel existence at the Ghost Academy, and her boyfriend going all crazy) and how she wants to serve the Dominion. From there, the movie picks off at a blank slate introducing both Nova and the audience to different experiences one-by-one instead of jumping in the middle of a Ghost's life like Kerrigan's.
Reply Quote
I would love to see if they did a Sc1 movie. Like doing Matt Horner and how he came to be and soon later joining the Radiers. Or maybe a whole new character that can get into the frey. Like He is on Mar Sara and he and his little band of freinds is suddenly swept into the conflict and later Raynor would take them in and they Join the Raiders. Those options would be a great story for a Starcraft movie.

Also if they did Tychus in Sc2 the actor would have to be, gah whats the name, he is the Bald dude who played in Fast and the Furious and I think also Rid- somthing, Anyone know his name?
Edited by Broman on 4/15/2011 5:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
ya, vin deasal, idk if spelled right
Reply Quote
but guys the real question here is wtf the zerg would look like, would they have the same general apearance as in games, or would their LOOKS CHANGE AGAIN, GAHHH, I HATED IT WHEN THE LOOKS CHANGED SO MUCH!!!!
Reply Quote
Make It ANIMATED simple
Reply Quote
Raynor + Tiger's blood = Hard counter to Dark Voice / Evil Protoss / Queen %@#*@ of the Universe
Edited by Fleetlord on 4/21/2011 10:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
This has probably been mentioned before but....

Would starcraft make a good movie? What elements of the story should it be about? SC1 events? Broodwar events? (my personal pick) WoL events? Combination of all 3? Events that don't take place in-game?

As I see it, there are pretty crappy movies out with less interesting characters(like transformers), so yes!

If you agree, who would you want to play the games characters?

My suggestions:

Raynor: Nathan Fillion
Tychus: Mickey Rourke
Arcturus: Ron Perlman
Valerian: ?
Kerrian: ?
Nova: ?
Tosh: Tyrese (jk)
Duran: Chiwetel Ejiofor
Narud: Hugo Weaving
Horner: ?

All of the protoss should be digitally rendered and use the same voice actors as the games

any ideas? I know I'm leaving people out...

SC2 is a little disconcerting for a movie. Not complaining. I just think it would be better if SC2 were a TV series as opposed to a movie. It would be easier to get everything in, and the non-linear mission sequence would lend itself better to episodes as opposed to one movie.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]