StarCraft® II

New Lore: Colossus Short Story!

Community Manager
Aldrion, a respected high templar among the Aiur protoss, is plagued with visions that he is unable to understand.

There was no way out. The screams made him certain of that. He could sense the dark templar huddled together in panic, their structure surrounded on all sides, but he was powerless to intervene. Their fear burned into his mind until his consciousness was pierced with it, each sensation bright and distinct before bleeding away into the abyss. He already knew how it would end. The machines were coming....

Despite his desire to meditate and calm his mind, Aldrion has been called to serve; he is to work in concert with another Aiur protoss and a dark templar in their search for an artifact hidden away long ago by their people: the colossus. This dangerous relic is from a time when protoss mistakes led to genocide—the Kalath Intercession—but the rise of the zerg threat and the fall of Aiur have driven the protoss to desperate measures.

Will latent animosity between the Aiur protoss and the dark templar foil the mission before it can be completed? Is the timing of Aldrion's visions more than just a coincidence?

Check out the latest short story in the StarCraft Lore section: Colossus by Valerie Watrous!

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/game/lore/short-stories/colossus/1
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
"But Aldrion is a peaceful protoss!"
Edited by Archer on 4/14/2011 6:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Aldrion, a respected high templar among the Aiur protoss, is plagued with visions that he is unable to understand.

You wont be able to warp in with +25 energy anymore, Aldrion.
Reply Quote
Meh. I can't say it's a great story.
Reply Quote
If only there was a zerg mission to go back in time to kill Aldrion...That would solve the Colossal problem with the zerg. The protoss would probably still have their Amulet Uprade lol (I guess the time spent on searching for the Colossus caused the High Templars to forget how to warp in with additional energy).
Reply Quote
04/14/2011 07:56 PMPosted by ChessTyrant

I want to know how the heck a freakin' 8 foot tall protoss climbed up a 160 foot colossus and activated it inside of a cave, facepwned some zergs, blew a hole in the wall, WALKED THE COLOSSUS OUT, and then put it on what is presumably a void ray.
Reply Quote
04/14/2011 09:58 PMPosted by KaBoom

I want to know how the heck a freakin' 8 foot tall protoss climbed up a 160 foot colossus and activated it inside of a cave, facepwned some zergs, blew a hole in the wall, WALKED THE COLOSSUS OUT, and then put it on what is presumably a void ray.

Sorry dude but you cannot make sense of blizzard game logic.
Reply Quote
Oh man, I'm so annoyed by the "visions" and prophecies and other cliches that keep popping up in SC2.
Edited by TomServo on 4/14/2011 11:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
unless the size has been accurately described or portrayed somewhere in official lore, you can assume that 5 colossus could fit on a void ray.
Reply Quote
04/14/2011 11:34 PMPosted by TomServo
Oh man, I'm so annoyed by the "visions" and prophecies and other cliches that keep popping up in SC2.

If Chris Metzen is the lead creator for it's design then that might be why.
Reply Quote
ya... tad bit cliche all around. the whole DT/aiur resentment is a bit overplayed too
Reply Quote
you guys are so mean lol, it was a great story, keep them comin'.
Reply Quote
No lie this no sense mumbo jumbo doesn't fit WoW I mean the Starcraft universe at all.

Take some pointers from Mass Effect.

04/14/2011 11:34 PMPosted by TomServo

And... this. I seriously believe its because the writer cannot think of anything original so they resort to magic.
Edited by Mud on 4/15/2011 8:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
No lie this no sense mumbo jumbo doesn't fit WoW I mean the Starcraft universe at all.

Take some pointers from Mass Effect.

And... this. I seriously believe its because the writer cannot think of anything original so they resort to magic.

It's called using spiritual elements in a series that already has spiritual elements. Don't see anyone whining about the Cerebrates being brought back to life over and over again.
Reply Quote

It's called using spiritual elements in a series that already has spiritual elements. Don't see anyone whining about the Cerebrates being brought back to life over and over again.

What.
There's nothing "spiritual" about that.
The Overmind is like a gigantic RAID array, and the Cerebrates are like Hard Disks. Whenever a Cerebrate dies, the Overmind just copies his data to a new body.

I agree with the others, I dislike this prophecy bull!##@.
Reply Quote
04/14/2011 05:52 PMPosted by Zarhym

I can't imagine any protoss being plagued by anything at the moment, things seem to be rolling along pretty good for the Aiur.
Reply Quote

You wont be able to warp in with +25 energy anymore, Aldrion.

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahah
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]