StarCraft® II

Protect Bob (seggestions, bugs questions)

Especially now since i'm on the first page I'm getting loads of messages from players questions, suggestions, and bugs, and congratulations. i still update and make corrections to bob on a almost daily basis so give some ideas or ask questions.

Bonus Round Help:
bonus round are meant for pros you get bonus points for the kills, and bonus rounds only happen of the first couple levels. if u call all enemies within 60ish seconds, the round will occur. to stop them from occurring simply move your forces off the spawn a bit which will give you a time of 70 seconds. in addition if you build a planetary fortress, nexus, or hatchery(which have upgradeable defense cannons) around your base (supply 0) and even upgrade your ground attack for that race it will not be a issue at all. also to top if off type select your forces and type -hunter and they will auto protect your base.

Mega Units:
not all mega units have been added yet. I'm getting around to it. it takes me about 15-20 min per mega and with 40 units to work on it takes me 800 min. so i'm adding them daily.

Supply:
supply isnt "wonky" supply is shared by all users (currently 2000). the supply is divided among players. this allows for balance when players leave or when u start with only 2 players.

To be Added(based off of below)
Vote Kick (added)
Anti-Bob Noob
bob leave replacement
Boss Rounds
Edited by SoulTaker on 4/21/2011 1:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think theres a bug where bob patrols on beacon and he gets crazy amount of exp.
Reply Quote
ya i see it.

if u walk off then on it cuts the +1 point down by a second.
i just added the fix., u'll see it in next update
Edited by SoulTaker on 4/16/2011 11:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
oh and also a vote kick options for people that troll games by doing dumb things
Reply Quote
oh and a option that you have to have 5 games played before you can pick bob, and if there is no one with that 4 and so on down
Reply Quote
sure that sounds reasonable. it will take me some time to add
Reply Quote
good game. Add another Cannon in corner of enemy spawn. People like to run in that corner and shoot 'em when they spawn. (Lol'd at intro)
Reply Quote
One thing: the infested terran range is RIDICULOUS!

100 range is too much! make it at the Most 10-15!

Reason: Bob has to be across the map to not be shot.

Double Reason: If Broodlords were spammed, Bob will be close to the spawn on an exp beacon!
Reply Quote
Remove freaking bonus round its so annoying when there is a unit destroying all your stuffs and all of your army is in the other corner of the map, or just replace it with something else thats not annoying

and when bob leaves we lose the game ? wtf >.>
Reply Quote
@DevilsCool: correction made.

@IamaKiller: i will compromise, I'm lowering infested Terran range by 20 and increasing speed by .1

@Fexy: ya, if you don't have a bob you don't have a game, its called protect bob XD not protect some guy who leaves the game. I'm working on making it force a bob lover to take over for bob. its not much of a solution since a lot of people (including myself) don't like being bob, even in the sc1 version.

Bonus Round Help:
bonus round are meant for pros you get bonus points for the kills, and bonus rounds only happen of the first couple levels. if u call all enemies within 60ish seconds, the round will occur. to stop them from occurring simply move your forces off the spawn a bit which will give you a time of 70 seconds. in addition if you build a planetary fortress, nexus, or hatchery(which have upgradeable defense cannons) around your base (supply 0) and even upgrade your ground attack for that race it will not be a issue at all. also to top if off type select your forces and type -hunter and they will auto protect your base.
Reply Quote
I really shouldn't mention this, but hallucinations can be used to make super units. I went last game with 1000 supply of super voids + 6 super sentries

I would suggest better upgrade scaling, or faster acceleration for some units, simply because its gets annoying to chase around blinking units or fast moving units. Voids were essentially useless unless you were constantly moving them to face the enemy unit, and its no fun to be microing a group of voids for 5 mins at a time. Also I know that the super units have an issue with their attack animation not showing, not sure what can be done their though
Reply Quote
@Wyrllish: lag in the last round is normal try typing "-slow" i am working on correcting this issue as well

as for tips i just released the first set of mega units. i would concentrate on them since they receive larger bonuses than normal to super units. normals have x1 supply and 1x stats and +2 speed . supers have x10 stats +4 speed and x9 stats. megas have X100 stats +6 speed and x50 supply in addition they attack both air and ground units and can walk up cliffs. weapon and armor upgrades match. testing mega marauder on the last round with some armor and a lot of weapon upgrade was amazing they can take loads of punishment cause of such high armor rating.

as of this post (and there will be more tomorrow) the current list of megas:

Marauder
SCV(scv cost 20supply and mines 100x more resources than normal scv)
collosus
immortal
marine

@blackdeath: i correct this issue with hallucinations with yesterday patch. all hallucinations that approach the pad will me instant killed. thanks for coming forth.

as for the slow units, please check type "-help" there are a list of very useful commands that no one checks. typing "-hunter" will put your men to search and destroy mode were they will auto engage enemies.

supers jobs is to cut down on lag without them the game will become over populated with units (since a super marine and a regular marine take around the same cpu usage) to additional cut lag i removed a lot of weapon animations. perhaps with the new mega units im added i will re-add the animations since lag will be reduced even more.
Edited by SoulTaker on 4/18/2011 1:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Are all the super units working properly? I was having trouble one game getting super banshees/wraiths.

Also a kill zone for unwanted units could be convenient, as getting rid of unwanted units (like banshees with no aa) is currently quite annoying. (unless there is a killzone that i missed...)
Reply Quote
@Yoki: there was a bug preventing super banshees, its been corrected, as for wraith i tested it and everything seems to be working :/

as for a kill zone, send your units to anti-camp turret as enemy spawn XD
Reply Quote
is it possible to remove the 1.5 invince from mothership's vortex so we can archon toilet some tough situations?
Reply Quote
I think that would be too cheep
Reply Quote
Love the map mate - and the intro is a hilarious touch.

One question - what are some suggestions to beat the final round (motherships)? There doesn't seem to be any way to get enough anti-air (and what you can get e.g. voids - is slow)

Reply Quote
@TheStig: even tho i rarely beat my game, Mega units work amazing (they target both air and ground i had a mega zealot downing the motherhsips) but on a more traditional note, i find if before the final round if u start littering the map with cannons , nexuses and structures they will distract the enemy long enough to outlast the victory timer. i've never herd or seen anyone able to destroy all mother ships.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]