StarCraft® II

BattleCraft Counters

please tell me what u think of them
Reply Quote
Correction Queen beats siege tanks
Reply Quote
what patch gonna be on
Reply Quote
I'm such a noob LOL, looking back at this forum, I realize how much more I have learned. And feel retarded for some of those cheap counters I explained. I found way cheaper and more proficient counters to those combos and heros.
Reply Quote
Uber or Black Prelate kills Patriarch
Reply Quote
Alright, I just wanna make this clear :P
This is (In my opinion) the most proficient list of the basic unit counters. I am a triple star crown so any scrubs please don't argue -__- I do accept criticism from anyone over the rank of star.

I. Terran

1 x Marine: Counter with 1 x Ghost.
1 x Reaper: Counter with 1 x Roach.
1 x Ghost: Counter with 1 x Roach.
1 x Mule: Counter with 1 x Baneling + 1 x Anything.
1 x Marauder: Counter with 1 x Hydralisk.
1 x Hellion: Counter with 1 x Roach.
1 x Vulture: Counter with 1 x Zergling.
1 x Diamondback: Counter with 1 x Siege Tank.
1 x Siege Tank: Counter with 2 x Zergling.
1 x Viking: Counter with 1 x Zergling
1 x Wraith: Counter with 1 x Ghost.
1 x Banshee: Counter with 1 x Marine

II. Zerg

1 x Zergling: Counter with 1 x Baneling or 1 x Zealot.
1 x Baneling: Counter with 1 x Ghost.
1 x Roach: Counter with 1 x High Templar or 1 x Marauder
1 x Queen: Counter with 1 x Vindicator
1 x Aberration: Counter with 1 x High Templar or 1 x Immortal
1 x Hydralisk: Counter with 1 x Ghost.
1 x Ultralisk: Counter with 1 x High Templar.
1 x Lurker: Counter with 1 x Immortal or 1 x Hydralisk
1 x Infestor: Counter with 1 x Any ground attacking air Or 1 x Vindicator or 1 x Archon
1 x Scourge: Counter with 1 x Ghost or 1 x Archon
1 x Mutalisk: Counter with 1 x Ghost.
1 x Corruptor: Counter with 1 x High Templar (Plus a scourge if you have super low Crystal health as not to lose any more while the HTs do their work)

III. Protoss

1 x Zealot: Counter with 1 x Baneling.
1 x Stalker: Counter with 1 x Zergling.
1 x High Templar: Counter with 1 x Ghost.
1 x Vindicator: Counter with 1 x Baneling.
1 x Archon: Counter with 1 x Siege Tank or 1 x Immortal
1 x Dark Templar: Counter with 1 x Baneling.
1 x Immortal: Counter with 1 x Zergling.
1 x Rip-Field Prism: Counter with 1 x Vindicator or 1 x Archon or 1 x Ghost
1 x Colossus: Counter with 1 x Corruptor
1 x Phoenix: Counter with 1 x Marine.
1 x Scout: Counter with 1 x Marine
1 x Void Ray: Counter with 1 x Marine.
Okay I may have made some mistakes but I can't really look it over right now (busy) I may come back to edit this when I have time, but I just wanted to do this to set people straight.
Reply Quote
Siege tanks, roaches, stalkers, and immortals can all be countered with 1x zergling. No need for 2x zergling or expensive high templars or any of that crap.

High templars die in a 1v1 against ultralisks unless there's a meat shield in front, so don't waste your money on HTs alone.

Void rays, banshees, scouts, and mutalisks all kill a squad of marines or ghosts in a 1v1, so you need more than one squad.
Reply Quote
08/09/2012 01:17 AMPosted by Aelius
Void rays, banshees, scouts, and mutalisks all kill a squad of marines or ghosts in a 1v1, so you need more than one squad.

1 squad of hydralisks kills void rays, banshee and possibly scouts. I believe a group of HTs kills a squad of mutas.
Reply Quote
08/09/2012 07:44 PMPosted by AscendedOne
1 squad of hydralisks kills void rays, banshee and possibly scouts. I believe a group of HTs kills a squad of mutas.

I believe that's correct, though I'll have to confirm. In any case, the reason I pointed out that voids/banshee/scouts/mutas all kill a squad of marines or ghosts is because almost all of lists of counters on this thread thus far have claimed that a single squad of marines or ghosts can take out a fleet of voids/banshees/scouts/mutas, and that's simply not true. Hydras are a much better choice. I'm not sure if hydras are the best choice, but they are undeniably more effective than marines or ghosts.

EDIT: I just tested it, and a squad of hydras can indeed kill a fleet of voids, scouts, and banshees.
Edited by Aelius on 8/9/2012 8:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Can we get some more input on how to counter the various bosses? The original post on this thread is the only post that discusses it, and half of the recommendations are "to be determined".

Furthermore, a lot of the recommendations are IMO not very sound. For instance, a lot of the heroes are said to be countered by a bunch of dark templar, but that doesn't make sense for a lot of the heroes like predator or exemplary sniper, since they're not "Massive" targets. In particular, DTs fall like flies against the predator's AoE attack.
Reply Quote
Things have changed and most stronger units need more than what was mentioned to kill them, layering is the new war changer. For instance sadictic assasins can be killed by 2 stacks of vindicators
Reply Quote
I'm embarrassed about some of the counters I posted from my early gaming experience with Battlecraft lolol. Makes me laugh just looking at some of my posts XD Best counter for Patriarch is totally Golden Falcon and firebats (or sepharims or 2 spawns of DTS).
Reply Quote
Well these counters aren't perfect I suppose they are ok
Reply Quote
firstly. these are many good counters (the ones on top and the ones on bottom) many of the ones on top are based on 'ideal circumstances' circumstances which are either likely once in a while or sometimes but also often not at all, how often do we counter a colosus with a scourge, the easiest Air? only when it doesnt get powned instantly by ghosts or AA of any kind and or when we MAKE that POWN happen. so good ideas, good standard for basics, but only a start for changing combos.

secondly, the first, 3 or 4 or 5 posts which were critical saying these counters were poor, were written by people without the ability to be thankful while critical, your responses are nearly useless and do not point to better solutions.

thirdly, the last list so far is pretty decent, although more of a non-ideal version, often u cannot send DT to kill colosus cause theyll get powned by the meat wall in front of the colosus. so all decent it leaves the final decision to the moment, the knowledge of those involved and the reflexes and resources available.

me.
Reply Quote
is this still available in the update
Reply Quote
These counters still work!!! Use it wisely!!!
Reply Quote
I agree with goldendragon's opinions. Mostly these counters are based on very ideal situations which do not happen quite often. However, since battlecraft is pretty much about economic counter-attacks, along with timing and some other cooperative tactics, the list does help for beginners. The following list is a countering list (may not be the cheapest) *in my opinion*, and I hope that all of you will find new counters in the future, which is the most enjoyable and surprising part of this game :D

(Slightly modified from Noogaborg's list)

Terran

1 x Marine: Counter with 1 x Zergling.
1 x Reaper: Counter with 1 x Roach.
1 x Ghost: Counter with 1 x Roach.
1 x Mule: Counter with 1~2 x Baneling
1 x Marauder: Counter with 1 x Zergling.
1 x Hellion: Counter with 1 x Roach.
1 x Vulture: Counter with 1 x Reaper.
1 x Diamondback: Counter with 1 x Marauder. *If near your pylon*
1 x Siege Tank: Counter with 1~2 x Zergling
1 x Viking: Counter with 1 x Zergling
1 x Wraith: Counter with 1 x Ghost
1 x Banshee: Counter with 1 x Hydralisk

Zerg

1 x Zergling: Counter with 1 x Baneling // 1 x Zealot.
1 x Baneling: Counter with 1 x Ghost.
1 x Roach: Counter with 1 x Zealot *If near your pylon*
1 x Queen: Counter with 1 x High Templar
1 x Aberration: Counter with 1 x High Templar
1 x Hydralisk: Counter with 1 x Ghost.
1 x Ultralisk: Counter with 1 x High Templar
1 x Lurker: Counter with 1 x Tank
1 x Infestor: Counter with 1 x Vindicator (+ 1 x Roach)
1 x Scourge: Counter with 1 x Ghost
1 x Mutalisk: Counter with 1 x Ghost
1 x Corruptor: Counter with 1 x High Templar

*Note: Zerg units are all biological, so High templars usually work well against them

Protoss

1 x Zealot: Counter with 1 x Baneling.
1 x Stalker: Counter with 1 x Vulture.
1 x High Templar: Counter with 1 x Ghost.
1 x Vindicator: Counter with 1~2 x Baneling.
1 x Archon: Counter with 1 x Vulture // 1 x Tank
1 x Dark Templar: Counter with 1 x Baneling.
1 x Immortal: Counter with 1~2 x Zergling.
1 x Rip-Field Prism: Counter with 1 x Vindicator // 1 x Archon
1 x Colossus: Counter with 1 x Viking
1 x Phoenix: Counter with 1 x Ghost
1 x Scout: Counter with 1 x Hydralisk
1 x Void Ray: Counter with 1 x Hydralisk

Special Units (Sorry I could not remember all of their actual names)

1 x Special Ghost: Counter with 1 x Roach
1 x Firebat: Counter with 1 x Tank // 1 x Archon + 1 x High Templars // 1~2 x Marauders // 1 x Special Ultralisk
1 x Special Ultralisk: Counter with 1 x High Templar + 1~2 x Zealot (+ 1 x Lurker) // 1 x Special Zealot
1 x Broodlord: Counter with 1 x Viking + meat
1 x Special Hydralisk: Counter with 1 x Zergling + 1~2 x Reaper // 1~2 x Ghost
1 x Special Immortal: Counter with 1 x Dark Templar // 1 x Zergling + 1 x Vulture // 2~3 x Hydralisk
1 x Thor: Counter with 1 x Dark Templar // 1 x Immortal + meat // 1 x Special Zealot
1 x Infested Terrain: Counter with 1 x Scourge
1 x Special Zealot: Counter with 2~3 x Banelings
1 x Battlecruiser: Counter with 1 x Viking + meat // 1 x Corruptor + meat
1 x Sentry: Counter with 1 x Vindicator + 1~2 x Ghost // 2~3 x Banelings // 1 x Special Ghost
1 x Disruptor: Counter with 1 x Vindicator + 1~2 x Ghost // 1 x Firebat

Heroic Units (Popular Ones)

Unstable Gem: Counter with 1 x Diamondback *Keeps the explosion away from your army*
Leviathan: Counter with Corruptor // Void Ray
Uberlisk: Counter with Corruptor // Void Ray // Aberration // Immortal // Black Prelate
Thor: Counter with Tank // Dark Templar
Predator: Counter with Tank
Decrepit: Counter with *Anything but air units* // Tank // Vulture // Dark Templar
Black Prelate: Counter with High Templar // Ghost
Golden Falcon: Counter with Ghost
Patriarch (with his two balls): Counter with 1 x Special Zealot + 1 x Firebat // Black Prelate // Dark Templar

GL HF :)
Reply Quote
hey AprilTerran,
I think this thread could be much more beneficial if it wasn't just called "battlecraft counters" but maybe "battlecraft" in general.

that way the people who either google it or want to find out about battlecraft can come here to learn about the game.

this thread could be much more than just a counter thread. it could be a great place to exchange ideas about the game including counters and other useful information.

for example...
upgrades
cool downs
the different HPs for super units and heroes
gas usage
and many other topics surrounding 2v2 play.
different types of cheeses in 2v2 and possible counters, etc.

also, I know that some members of the batlecraft community have held tournaments for battlecraft. that falls in line with esports in general and could generate enough interest to post a thread about it in the "multiplayer - esports" forum.
as well as teamliquid sc2 forums. (there is already a thread on team liquid about battlecraft which is kind of old but still holds relevancy since the units haven't changed in so long)

also, just in case tordy is skimming the forums either here in bnet or on TeamLiquid maybe his interest in the game will be revitalized.

as a final note, it will give a place for the ones who want to take a proactive role in generating a community interest a home to post ideas that can be shared with players.
Edited by TTLLAADD on 6/14/2013 9:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
you're all very silly. there is no single best counter for all the units, it all depends on how much money you have and how the other person plays. also another major factor is you want your counters to be hard to kill after they kill what they were sent to kill, when someone sends roach at me i usually make marine/roach to kill it because that's not super easy to kill, and it's easy to back up with reapers/zerglings for me if i want to take map control
Reply Quote
I think that the counters are...nvm!its dumb that all of u keep posting new counters it's not all about unit its positioning score bonuses gas influence all of things combined allows u to destroy ur opponents life crystal
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]