StarCraft® II

SC1 campaign in SC2

Hi,
I just saw a video of someone playing a remake of the SC1 campaign. He said that it has now been created and is ready for playing. Does anyone know how I can go about getting it? Are the maps on battle.net?
Reply Quote
Thanks, looks awesome
Reply Quote
MVP
Jones also finished the Zerg Campaign for SC1:
http://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/sc1-episode-2-overmind/
I downloaded both files and followed the instructions but it says that it is unable to open can anyone tell me what is wrong with the maps or is it something else
Reply Quote
MVP
What's the error message?
yeah the same thing happened to me... when you click test document in the editor, sc2 loads up then says "unable to play" or something. then you are left looking at the login page to sc2.
Edited by AnTibiotic on 4/12/2011 8:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP
Do you also have the SC1 Mod in addition to Jones' Campaign?
yes. and i extracted the maps and everything. i just redownloaded everything but that didnt seem to help.
Reply Quote
MVP
Any chance you could give me the exact error message? ;).
alright. so when i first double click on file(map) i want to play... for instance, Terran01, the editor loads and displays the message- "Dependancy Data Could not be loaded. Continue anyway?" then i click yes. i dont know if this is normal to get but i figured i ought to bring it up.

But the main problem is right after i click test document. sc2 loads up and then a message says ... just a second let me get the exact words.--"Unable to launch game." and a little ok button.

So i was looking at my mods and i tried to open them and it made me select what program i wanted to open them. I chose SC2. is this right or should i do the editor??
Reply Quote

Is this what Husky was playing on his channel. If so I really would like to give it a go.
Reply Quote
ok, i tried to do this. the one thing is, im not sure where to find the game directory, where the mods folder is supposed to be
Reply Quote
MVP
OK, that's because you didn't follow the instructions correctly. Did you put the SC1Mod.SC2Mod file within the "Mods" folder in your SC2 game directory?

C:\Program Files\Starcraft II\Mods -- Default for 32-bit OS
C:\Program Files (x86)\Starcraft II\Mods -- Default for 64-bit OS
%USERPROFILE%/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/Starcraft II/Mods -- Default for Mac
wow, thx :D:D
Reply Quote
04/12/2011 10:17 PMPosted by Sixen
C:\Program Files (x86)\Starcraft II\Mods -- Default for 64-bit OS
This is exactly where i put it. but at least now i know i put it in the right spot. i still dont understand the problem then
Edited by AnTibiotic on 4/12/2011 11:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i tired one last time and that dependancy data error came up again, only this time it mentioned something about not being able locate the mod (actually said the mods name) so i think i found the problem. i think i might have multiple downloads of this mod in different locations, so i am going to delete all of them and redownload the mod to see if that fixes it.
Reply Quote
ya... its still not working. well here is what the error says exactly. "Dependency file could not be found (Mods\SC1mod.SC2Mod)"

idk why its says this because it is saved in the mods folder in startcraft 2. Do you have any ideas?
Reply Quote
MVP
Can you copy/paste me the path for the file you placed in there?
So where do I place the map packs? I got the SC1.SC2 mod in my mod folder but what about the map packs?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]